Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Who's your favorite villain?

Dawn-Sunlight

What's your favorite MLP and EQG villain?  

35 users have voted

1. 1. Choose your favorite villain below!

• Nightmare Moon
    • Discord
    • Queen Chrysalis
    • King Sombra
    • Sunset Shimmer
    • The Dazzlings
    • Lord Tirek
    • Starlight Glimmer
    • Principal Cinch
    • Midnight Sparkle
    • Gloriosa Daisy
    • Pony of Shadows
    • Juniper Montage
    • Wallflower Blush
    • Chancellor Neighsay
    • Cozy Glow
    • Storm King, Tempest, and Grubber
    • Grogar
    • Vignette Valencia
    • Post Crush

11 hours ago, AlexanderThrond said:

I like Chrysalis because her sheer incompetence is hilarious to me. 

Case in point:

- She traps Twilight (the only one who saw through her disguise) under the castle along with the real Princess Cadence.

- Once she has all the heroes trapped and has seemingly won, she monologues allowing Cadence to get to Shining Armor. 

- She kidnaps all of Equestria's most significant heroes and replaces them with Changelings, except for the rogue Changeling and once again monologues allowing her to be defeated.

- She creates clones of her most hated rivals, but they prove unloyal and petulant.

• Brohoof 1

Gonna go with Tirek, he was the last villain I felt was a real, genuine threat to Equestria, and used more effectively he could have easily been FiM's Megatron or something

After that is easily the Dazzlings

• Brohoof 3

Top three, in order!

1. Cozy Glow. Easily the smartest, most cunning, and most manipulative. What she lacks in power makes up for it with her intellect.
  2. Starlight Glimmer. A traditional unicorn with a traumatically warped perception of Equestrian reality. Her magical strength topples Twilight balanced by her temper and massive insecurities.
  3. Pony of Shadows/Stygian. What was a throwaway gag for Scooby-Doo-like shenanigans turned into one of the most feared, scariest villains of the series. Able to manipulate the vulnerable, Stygian turned to darkness for comfort after feeling betrayed and discredited by the Pillars. His backstory’s the most complex and thorough.
  • Brohoof 2

@Dark Qiviut: What made Cozy Glow so interesting for me was that she is the only villain who's power doesn't come from magic, in fact, her plan would make sure she was the most powerful, because she would have gotten rid of all magic able to be used.  And I find it really funny how Chancellor Neighsay was worried about non-ponies using friendship to be evil or something, and then the one who ends up doing that is a PONY.

• 1 year later...
(edited)

I also liked villain Starlight, but my favourite is Cozy Glow, because she is an amazing villain, she is the smartest and most manipulative.She is so evil,and she is so adorable at the same time.

Edited by ILoveMLP206

As my fav. villain I would pick Tirek. He's is really dangerous because he has not only the potential for becoming insanely strong but also is smart enough to reach that. He also knows when he needs to be smart. He has also the right attitude for a favored villain. And his voice actor did really awesome work

On the second place: Cozy. Honestly this power hungry and insane little one was really something to witness and experiencing .. She's cunning, manipulative and insanely smart. I also think her VA did fantastic work

Third spot: I want to say Pony of shadows but we only had him for one final. I think he must shares this place with her Queen.

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

My rankings of the villains from my favorite to least favorite:

1. Sombra - I loved all his appearances, his season 9 one wasn't exactly what I was expecting but I really loved it.
  2. Nightmare moon - Her personality and backstory is really up to my alley.
  3. Starlight glimmer (season 5) - Pretty much tied with NMM. 
  4. Cozy glow -  I grew to appreciate her psychopathy and sense of humor (she is arguably the funniest villain in the show).  
  5. Chrysalis - the most disney like villain.
  6. Tirek - probably the most competent villain in the show.
  7. The sirens - their interactions are great but what really stands out is their amazing songs.
  8. Discord - I think he works best as a anti-hero but he was pretty interesting villain.
  9. Tempest
  10. Gloriosa daisy - if you even count her as a villain.
  11. Storm king
  12. Wallflower blush
  13. Pony of shadows
  14. Sunset shimmer
  15. Cinch - She is effective as a villain but I just don't particularly enjoy her personality (as a villain she is better than some villains higher on the list).
  16. Post crush 
  17. Juniper
  18. Valencia - I always forget this special even exists.

Personally, I think other than the sirens, EG really lacked great villains.

Edited by Rushing cash

• 3 months later...

Lots to choose from here. Let's see.

Nightmare Moon, Discord, and Queen Chrysalis to me are like Disney-esque villains with showboating tendencies, so I can't pick just one. 

King Sombra and Lord Tirek take third and fourth place respectively. Not to say they aren't great villains, but that's just me.