Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Ask ShadOBabe

ShadOBabe

Hey everyone! Here's my ask threadf!

Ask away if you have anything you want to know about me. Love you.

EDIT: LOL!! GIF added, courtesy of @Sparklefan1234!!

8259CB74-170A-4786-9D98-4CCBA82F6B04.gif.6545a6437a42ee028e53008e09d31e36.gif

LOL, even as a non-pony, I am Best Pony! You can’t argue with Celestia! 

Edited by JingLBabe
  • Brohoof 3

3 minutes ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

"If you could work as a character designer for any animated show past or present, which show would you choose and why?" 

Oh, neat question!

You know what? There was this show when I was a kid in the 90s called ReBoot.

cast512.gif

It was THE first fully computer animated cartoon. BEFORE Toy Story. As such, the animation looks kind of janky to the eyes of us future people. But it had some very varied and interesting character designs, especially the virus characters. I've had it on the brain a lot lately, and have been thinking up some OCs for it. I would have loved to contribute to the creation of that world.

• Brohoof 1

2 minutes ago, Renegade the Unicorn said:

What's new?

Since the last time I was on the forums regularly, a LOT.

New job, about to buy my own car (used), got kind of burned out on art for a bit so I channeled my creativity into Minecraft building... yada, yada.

3 minutes ago, TheRockARooster said:

@ShadOBabe

When did you first see the show and became a brony? ^^

I don't know the exact time, but I know I was still fresh in college. I KNOW that Cutie Mark Chronicles was just about to air, so that would have been April, 2011. I had heard about the new reboot of MLP, but it didn't catch my attention until I started seeing it pop up everywhere. Then I started heard about Lauren Faust being on the crew and the fact that dudes my age were watching it too, and I had to give it a look.

The rest is history! :pinkie:

• Brohoof 2

2 minutes ago, ShadOBabe said:

Oh, neat question!

You know what? There was this show when I was a kid in the 90s called ReBoot.

cast512.gif

It was THE first fully computer animated cartoon. BEFORE Toy Story. As such, the animation looks kind of janky to the eyes of us future people. But it had some very varied and interesting character designs, especially the virus characters. I've had it on the brain a lot lately, and have been thinking up some OCs for it. I would have loved to contribute to the creation of that world.

I remember that show. I don't remember any episodes or characters, though. 

"Have you ever tried to draw characters like that for a video game or story of your own?" 

• Brohoof 1

3 minutes ago, ShadOBabe said:

I don't know the exact time, but I know I was still fresh in college. I KNOW that Cutie Mark Chronicles was just about to air, so that would have been April, 2011. I had heard about the new reboot of MLP, but it didn't catch my attention until I started seeing it pop up everywhere. Then I started heard about Lauren Faust being on the crew and the fact that dudes my age were watching it too, and I had to give it a look.

The rest is history! :pinkie:

Thank you for answering my question, Shady. :yay:

I’ll be back with more.

10 minutes ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

"Have you ever tried to draw characters like that for a video game or story of your own?"

Oh I've draw LOTS of character for my own story ideas. I've drawn some for my friend's ideas as well. Here's a character from one of my friend's stories she's working on. It's a fantasy parody type thing, and she's basing this griffin side character off of me. So I drew her. XD

dcadex0-dfd2f41c-de58-441d-9cac-f5558861

Edited by ShadOBabe
  • Brohoof 2

3 minutes ago, ShadOBabe said:

Oh I've draw LOTS of character for my own story ideas. I've draw some for my friend's ideas as well. Here's a character from one of my friend's stories she's working on. It's a fantasy parody type thing, and she's basing this griffin side character off of me. So I drew her. XD

dcadex0-dfd2f41c-de58-441d-9cac-f5558861

I remember this character! :love:

"Who do you consider your biggest creative/artistic influence?"

Edited by Sparklefan1234

8 minutes ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

"Who do you consider your biggest creative/artistic influence?"

Hm.... the "who" is a bit of a hard one to answer, because unlike a lot of artists, I tend to care less about the crew involved in the creation of something I love. Not INTENTIONALLY. I know I owe it's existance to the artists, but the art itself is what I get wrapped up in, and the product is what inspires me.

Some of the biggest influences on my passion to create was Sonic the Hedgehog, anime in general, DC Animated Universe, and Ponies. But those obsessions all came around for me after I started middle school. The things in my earliest days of childhood, like Disney, classic Looney Tunes, Tom and Jerry, Batman the Animatied Series, Hanna Barbera cartoons, and the 90s lineup of Cartoon Network shows are what got me obsessed with cartoons and animation in general.

Edited by ShadOBabe
  • Brohoof 1

25 minutes ago, ShadOBabe said:

SWAT Kats!! Probably my favorite cartoon EVER actually! XD

51P+JTWBheL._SY445_.jpg

I know the skinny cat is voiced by the same person who voiced Donatello in the 1980's TMNT series but that's about it. :twismile:

"Do you have a favorite Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle?"

22 hours ago, ShadOBabe said:

I've had it on the brain a lot lately, and have been thinking up some OCs for it.

If you made a Reboot OC, what would their episode opening speech be?

12 minutes ago, ShadOBabe said:

Heck yeah! Leonardo! Best turtle! :wub:

That's interesting. Most people like Raphael or Michelangelo  (Like, me. B))

"What is your favorite version of the Ninja Turtles?"  (1980's, 2003, 2012 etc.)

Edited by Sparklefan1234
  • Brohoof 1

11 minutes ago, Quinch said:

If you made a Reboot OC, what would their episode opening speech be?

OOOOOH, fun question!! It might change in the future, since I haven't complete nailed any of my OCs down, but let's do my character Captcha, a Spyware.

I come from the Net...

Looting systems, peoples, and cities...

To this place... Mainframe. My newest mark.

My format: Spyware. To collect and exploit.

22 minutes ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

"What is your favorite version of the Ninja Turtles?"  (1980's, 2003, 2012 etc.)

2003, DEFINITELY. And I loved the 2007 movie as well.

• Brohoof 1