gaming I'm probably alone in this but...

Discordian

(edited)
I'm really hoping for a new Sonic game to be announced at E3. Pretty much every E3 there's something about a Sonic game by Sega. Being a massive Sonic fan, and loving Generations, Colors and others of the like, I definitely wanna see a new Sonic game. I don't care how tired everyone thinks the series is, I will never stop loving Sonic. I hope they go back to more serious plotlines rather than the Saturday Morning Cartoon type storylines though. Don't get me wrong, I love Saturday Morning Cartoons but I wanna see the serious stuff again like Adventure 1 and 2, Sonic 06 and Shadow. Edited by Raronoopa
  • Brohoof 5

The Sonic series has been already ruined a long time ago for me, so I have stopped caring about that. Only REALLY good sonic games are on sega megadrive.

Hopefully you sonic fans get something though.

(edited)

Me myself is a strong Sonic fan.

I love the games [sonic Adventure Battle 2 being my favorite, Chao Chao] and i absoluty LOVE the anime.

I would love to see a new Sonic game with a more darker story line. They are always to happy and bright in my opinion.

A great story would be Sonic SatAM.

- Good old characters

- Very dark storyline

- Dr.Robotnic

Edited by Vicke

I would love to see a new Sonic game with a more darker story line. They are always to happy and bright in my opinion.

We all saw how that turned out. *Cough Shadow the hedgehog Cough* (Though, I actually enjoyed that game).

I do want to see if there is going to be another sonic game, hopefully for the wii or wii u.

We all saw how that turned out. *Cough Shadow the hedgehog Cough* (Though, I actually enjoyed that game).

I do want to see if there is going to be another sonic game, hopefully for the wii or wii u.

But Shadow is........Shadow. Really lame character in my opinion.

The REAL Dr.Robotnic however, he is the real deal.

I'm always up for a *good* sonic game, but to be honest every sonic game I've seen lately feels lazy and uninspired to me, including generations (which was pretty much just fan service and starting over from square 1 in my opinion).

A lot of people seem to have a problem with a company "milking" a franchise, but I really don't as long as they keep bringing something new to it or have a new direction, like what they're constantly doing with Zelda (new art style, new way to play the game, etc.). What I find really funny though is that I never hear anyone complaining whenever theres a new batman movie and batmans been around for like 70 years now.

All that being said, personally,I'm still waiting for a new Sonic Adventure game - Sonic Adventure and Sonic Adventure 2 Battle are by far my two favorite Sonic games and I'd like them to expand on the whole chao garden thing because that was always really fun to play around in.

I played Sonic Adventure 2: Battle, Sonic Adventure DX: Director's Cut, and Sonic Advance back in the early 2000's. Played Sonic Riders a while later, and was frustrated by the awful controls. Did not really play another new Sonic game until Sonic Generations, which is widely considered a huge step in the right direction. Even if it rehashes old levels, they're revamped enough to be new. It's how Sonic games should have been between Adventure 2 and now. I loved the game, and it was one of my favorites from 2011.

So yeah, I'd like to see a new 3D Sonic game at E3, now that the series is on the right track.

What Sonic needs is some more good old fashioned 2D high speed platforming. Like Sonic Generations was handled. The Episodes were fairly lackluster and eventually got dropped because they weren't that good. But the 2.5D Style really suits Sonic.

I wouldn't call myself a fan, but I enjoy a good Sonic game. So I do hope they take their time and make a game very similar to Generations in term of play style.

I'm really hoping for a new Sonic game to be announced at E3. Pretty much every E3 there's something about a Sonic game by Sega. Being a massive Sonic fan, and loving Generations, Colors and others of the like, I definitely wanna see a new Sonic game. I don't care how tired everyone thinks the series is, I will never stop loving Sonic. I hope they go back to more serious plotlines rather than the Saturday Morning Cartoon type storylines though. Don't get me wrong, I love Saturday Morning Cartoons but I wanna see the serious stuff again like Adventure 1 and 2, Sonic 06 and Shadow.

Why would you be alone?

Huge Sonic fan too. I feel the same.

I've had a huge idea for a Sonic game. The perfect Sonic game to be precise. A Sonic game that fuses the current with the old and adds some brand new elements. I called this idea "Sonic Revival" because it would act as a total revival to the series. It would feature a style similar to the Sonic Adventure games but with the same speed of the modern games. You'd be able to play as a set of different characters including Sonic, Tails, Knuckles and Metal Sonic among others, and they would each have a similar gameplay style but with unique elements to match the characters. For instance, Sonic would be speed mixed with platforming, Tails would be speed mixed with platforming and puzzle, Knuckles would be speed mixed with fighting, and Metal would be like Sonic but with lasers and the ability to fly. One other idea I had was that it would be a completely open world much like the Jak & Daxter series.

So yeah, really super-duper irrelevant to the point of this thread. :P

Glad to see I'm not the only one. Usually when I mention Sonic most people get on me like I'm a huge troll because I happen to like games like Sonic and the Black Knight. <.<

I'm indifferent when it comes to Sonic. If a new game comes out, I'll probably play it since the series is pretty fun, but I could definitely go without it. Seeing something new would be nice though.

I'm really hoping for a new Sonic game to be announced at E3. Pretty much every E3 there's something about a Sonic game by Sega. Being a massive Sonic fan, and loving Generations, Colors and others of the like, I definitely wanna see a new Sonic game. I don't care how tired everyone thinks the series is, I will never stop loving Sonic. I hope they go back to more serious plotlines rather than the Saturday Morning Cartoon type storylines though. Don't get me wrong, I love Saturday Morning Cartoons but I wanna see the serious stuff again like Adventure 1 and 2, Sonic 06 and Shadow.

I love Saturday Morning Cartoons but I wanna see the serious stuff again like Adventure 1 and 2, Sonic 06 and Shadow.

Sonic 06 and Shadow

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=umDr0mPuyQc

Anyway we won't get word of a new Sonic game like Generations or anything this E3. Here's the list of games Sega said they'd talk about/announce at E3:

Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed

Aliens: Colonial Marines

Super Monkey Ball Banana Splitz

The Cave

Hell Yeah! Wrath of the Dead Rabbit

Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown

Jet Set Radio

Though that's not to say they won't try and surprise us. We will at the very least have All-Stars Racing Transformed which looks rather interesting.

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=umDr0mPuyQc

Anyway we won't get word of a new Sonic game like Generations or anything this E3. Here's the list of games Sega said they'd talk about/announce at E3:

Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed

Aliens: Colonial Marines

Super Monkey Ball Banana Splitz

The Cave

Hell Yeah! Wrath of the Dead Rabbit

Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown

Jet Set Radio

Though that's not to say they won't try and surprise us. We will at the very least have All-Stars Racing Transformed which looks rather interesting.

Too bad though. I also heard a rumor that Sega's European branches are shutting down so they are dropping out of the console race. (Remember that they were planning on making some sort of console a couple years ago?) And they are also not going to be making games for consoles anymore, only iPhones and iPads and the sort. Makes me sad if this is particular part is true. :(

[media=]http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3ALwKeSEYs[/media]

Too bad though. I also heard a rumor that Sega's European branches are shutting down so they are dropping out of the console race. (Remember that they were planning on making some sort of console a couple years ago?) And they are also not going to be making games for consoles anymore, only iPhones and iPads and the sort. Makes me sad if this is particular part is true. :(

What? I never heard about any of this other than the very first part.