mega thread Why you chose your user name.

Klopp

My name got started from World of Warcraft as Glowstyx - my shaman (totems are sticks and they glow- hence the name) and my other toons have Glow names: Glowlite, Naturalglow, etc. Then I transferred to a new server and changed my shaman to Pixistyx.

When I made my blog, I changed to PixiGlow, and it is sticking so far as my DA name and here. Still working on making a Pony that goes with my name for my avatar & a new sig.

;)

I chose mine 'cause in the Call of Duty series, namely in IW titles, there's an attachment for some weapons called "akimbo", which in game basically means duel-wielding a gun. I find it incredibly annoying with machine pistols in MW3 (Except for the Skorpion, that isn't as lethal with akimbo as the other MPs), yet very useful with pistols and MW2 machine pistols. I'm also a brony (Herp-a-derp), so I spliced the words in 2 to create akimBrony. I also guess xcal was an inspiration for the title, as he titles some of his akimbo Skorpion vids "Brokimbo Stories".

I also though about using "FMJack" because I love Applejack (I really shouldn't keep repeating, I think almost everybody knows now :)) and I used part of her name combined with, again, a Call of Duty attachment called "FMJ" (Only in MW2). It basically gives you extra bullet penetration. I didn't use it just because mah name isn't Jack (:P), and it isn't as cathcy as akimBrony ;)

Edited by akimBrony

One day I was creating an account for a game... I think it was Club Penguin... this was years ago... and I couldn't come up with a username... Then "Swit Swat" came to mind out of nowhere... So it kind of stuck.

I think it's girly but not too girly..

and its an awesome CD. :D

I only used the username I have now because it was a pony forum and, well, that was the name of my pony. It literally took me 5 days to think of that name.

I usually use either Tarjar3 or Snook3000. The first one was made when I was like 10. I heard some kids at school talking about JarJar from Star Wars, so I replaced the first J with a T. I tried that and it didn't work, so I added a 3. Done.

The next one was when I loved Animal Crossing like my life. I tried Nook (I was an idiot at the time) and it didn't work. So I added an S to the beginning. Still no. I added a random number. Done.

My username can be interpreted in two ways:

1. My real name is Crystal and since crystals do indeed sparkle, it’s kind of a play on words.

2. Being the HUGE Twilight Sparkle fangirl that I am and how much I’m in love with her, I did the one thing us fangirls love to do: I pretend I’m married to her and shared her last name.

When I decided on this name, I intended it to be for both reasons.

Mine is well...my OC's name.

I had a hard time coming up with the name though and I went on Ponychan asking for name suggestions for my OC. Some said she looked peach (When in reality she was a pale yellow and the scanner discolored her) and others went the artist route. Palette was mentioned. I was like, "Hmm...I love the way Pinkie Pie's name sounds with the double P. PeachPalette it is!

I CHOSE my OC's name for here because well...this is a MLP forum and hell, my OC IS me only a pony. :) Why not, right?

I better go through my whole name list :P

thomas1up = prior to this forum it was my main user name

stewie griffin = I dunno, it was a random spur of the moment thing :P It was meant to be a 1 day thing buttt I decided to keep it

Crazy misty = see stewie griffin

I got my username from a friend of mine when we were joking around trying to come up with pony names for each other. They said mine would be Sugarcube because I am so considerate and sweet of others and also because I love coffeeshops and loved my time spent working as a barrista. I imagine if I lived in Equestria I would own a nice ponycoffee shop for everypony to come and share their stories at :)