Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

searching [OOC] Ambition for Ascension

Loud Opinion

reading through the RP.

magnolia and Starlight bickering while ol' Two horns shepherds them along is so Grogar :P 

Mr Tongue is the best name for any pony ever in a RP :D

also what time is it? It is moth time. Or time: moth.

skelepony say what?

Anyway will pm reply :3

• Brohoof 1

Ponies of Ascension... meet the pony seeking to foil your evil plans >:3 except she doesn't know it yet...

Fuchsia Berry

Species: Earth Pony
Residence: Traveller
Hometown: Farm Outside Manehatten
Occupation: Odd Unskilled Jobs In New Locations Eg Cleaner, Bar Work Etc

Here is Fuchsia admiring the blue eyed mirror pony who is looking creepily at her and suggesting that she should grow wings and adorn her flanks with strawberries. Silly creepy mirror ponies :p

f2vFT4m.jpg

Fuchsia has, in her opinion, the lamest of cutie marks. Her cutie mark is a silly generic sun with a smiley face on it (which other ponies tend to think means she's more of a primary school teching pony and not a bad-flank explorer). Actually her mark means "good fortune under open skies" or so a wise buffalo told her :3

Cheerilee_cutie_mark_crop_S1E12.png

Special Talent: Exploration. Like a real horsey Fuchsia's special talent is to cross the vast plains of Equestria on her hooves. Unlike real horses she has a facility for other things that help her explore such as map-reading and getting on with locals.

Backstory:

Fuchsia grew up on a farm near Manehatten but says she barely remembers her foalhood. She's a pony who lives in the present. Recently she has moved on from her last job and residence in outskirts of the posh desert city of Phoenix in the San Talomeno Desert (South West) where she spent the time between cleaning the mansion of her rich colt benefactor Phantom to explore the (pony version of) the grand canyon.

What she does remember of growing up is all very rosy. Her mother was sweet and kind and often told her she was special, while her father was a wise and patient farm-stallion of few words. He would talk with her about her problems and dreams without prejudice. When she thinks of her parents her thoughts often stray to their smell: her mother had the scent of honeydew while her father's was like hickory smoke. She also remembers her whiney stallion brother Blackberry all too well. Sometimes, in the sunny mare's rare sad moments, she remembers playing with her littlest brother - Crack'horn - but the lil deformed unicorn died shortly before she left home to go exploring when she turned 18.

She writes home from each new place she visits once she has enough for the postage and the card, and when she stays in a place a while she sends her family the address and they send her a letter back. Her latest card, from the San Talomeno, where she stayed a whole year was her favourite yet. She's not ready to return home just yet, even though she's been travelling 6 whole years, but may drop in for a visit some time :3 

Personality:

Personality: Fuchsia is affable and engaging. She isn't overly gregarious or overly shy, outgoing, brave, energetic or hard-working, but rather a nice balance. She does fancy a drink though, and she can get a bit love-drunk then ;3

Physical Description:

Physical Description: Fuchsia coat, Lilac eyes, Red-Rusty-brown mane/tail, her silly fuchsia fur is often covered in mud/dust/sand from her explorations (she's a traveller)

Tail - mid length

Likes: Travelling, freedom, music, landscapes, skyscapes, star-scapes, drinking, telling stories, being silly, apple and walnut salads.
Dislikes: Consequences, studying, staying in one place too long, being a bit pudgy, not having qualifications or being well studied, hangovers, ponies who are too X (eg too sweet, too sour, too frowny etc)
Key Moments:

Leaving the San Tolemino

Fuchsia felt the hot desert air assault her as she left Phantom's large air-conditioned ranch. She had enjoyed her time here, the long dusty dusk walks about the San Talomeno with only the cacti and occasional dull thudding of a distant airship overhead... But it was time to move on.

"See you Mr Phantom!" she called out to the imposing unicorn stallion standing on the large veranda of the ranch-house. She used his title by habit - the posh stallion was old-fashioned that way, but she'd kinda liked it. Despite her settled purpose and longing to move on her eyes were a little misty - she would miss him and the San Talomeno. She was glad when he gave his slow dignified smile and raised a hoof to see her off and she raised a hoof back and nodded respectfully before turning to face the road...

Encountering predator horsies.

In a particularly distant land, far from pony borders, she encountered a village of wild-eyed, fanged horsies, who called themselves the Mares of Carthe. They hunted like timber wolves, but took her in as a distant cousin. Only the Princesses of Carthe were allowed to hunt. They were all betrothed the Prince of Carthe, a stallion called Meddios, who met with her as an honoured guest. Dinner was a little awkward though.   

Extra detail that has come up in RPs

She loved thrills and she was fascinated by beauty and olden pony/creature cultures, but she wouldn't put herself in quite the danger of the more expert career explorers, like the infamous Daring Do etc. She did have some of the skills without which any lone earth pony would long ago have perished or turned back - sneakiness, a heightened sense for traps and yes... she had delivered a sharp object to the soft underbelly of a few undesirable types she had found while travelling the roads. She favoured a throwing dagger herself, something she kept in a sheath by saddlebag, which she periodically took out to keep razor sharp and laced with basic local poisons.

Fuchsia is interested in exploring and finding interesting phenomenon in Equestria, and what with the spooky temple and tower and strange happenings going on, she is likely to want to get herself involved. Unlike the ambitious Starlight and Magnolia she has no desire to have wings or a horn (seriously, a mirror mare once tried to sell her wings over and over again along with a bunch of cutie marks (pictured) and just wouldn't take no for an answer- friggin mirror ponies); anyway, her motivations evolve, but always start with a fresh trail...

• Brohoof 2

yay :D first post up. Fuchsia in her familiar pony locale for once, just being a pink pony and living it up.

But first gotta get that nail file.

Also she keeps on talking about her Manticore - a personification of her adventuring instinct and not a real manticore :P 

• Brohoof 2

and now I have rewritten the grammarly advert for pony RP :p

"Good grammar and spelling are important, but if you want to write role plays that inspire, dialogue that forges brighter connections and villains that get the job done, you need to think about more than just grammar and spelling. This sentence is grammatically correct, but it's overuses horse puns and is hard to read. It undermines your message and excludes equally valid sheep puns. Grammarly's colour-craft technology helps you craft compelling understandable pony roleplays. 

Grammarly works where you work. Wherever you pone. Imagine what you could do with the secrets of the world's most colourful writers at your hooves anytime you need them. Are you ready to give it a try? Installation is simple and free. Visit grammarly.com today."

• Brohoof 2

:blush: heh sorry

we have a well-dressed mare and a ragged traveller pony to contend with and not merely bad grammar. Also how good would Bad Grammar be as an angry pony in a RP :) 

equine-teeth-the-laughing-horse-picture-

Oh Bad Grammar, do you mean you are a sheep or that is your sheep!?

If only your grammar was better. 

Ok I have gone OT again :(

• Brohoof 1

2 hours ago, Loud Opinion said:

Hey all. I've been having some trouble with headaches. Leaning on my caution, I abstained form the Internet and focused on my studies.

Thank you for the concern @Califorum. I've recovered seance. Expect a post soon.

@abrony-mouse

We- we big- huge fan of warhammer! Yes yes!

Sorry about your headaches :(

@Califorum

I think there's a misunderstanding with my last post.

'What could go wrong with doing whatever I want to someone that just got out of nowhere? A place I don't understand in the slightest.'

I put this in quotes to indicate that Silver is mocking Magnolia's though process. He's saying that it was irresponsible to mess with someone physically when they were recently in 'nowhere'. Especially sense Magnolia knows nothing about 'nowhere'. He isn't saying he misunderstands, he's saying Magnolia misunderstands. Essentially, he doesn't want to see Magnolia being careless when dealing with these esoteric matters. You can decide what Magnolia takes away from Silver's words, but you should be aware that Silver's tone was very different in the quotes.

I knew I was rushing with my post. Sorry for the ambiguity.

@Califorum

Also this.

, in your infinite wisdom,

This is also spoken in a mocking tone.

• Brohoof 2

@Loud Opinion in another RP a possession of Fuchsia's came up - just wondering if it is ok in this RP too? Fuchsia would probably use it to see if there was any evil magic where Octavia sleeps in Ponyville:

- a device that indicated when hostile magic was near. It was a gift from a buffalo clan she had stayed with in the desert. She had helped find a lost herd member and been honoured with a dream-catcher - she had assumed that the cryptic assurance from the buffalo shaman that it could sense when evil spirits were near was just mumbo jumbo, but it reliably chimed when hostile magical creatures or items or traps threatened her. Setting it up in her camps, it had saved her more than once. 

• Brohoof 2