Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

They should have had Grimlock teaming up with Fluttershy. That shit writes itself 

That aside, they’re finally doing it!

• Brohoof 2

Last time I checked, anything released in the comics is considered cannon unless directly contradicted by the show. And with no show to contradict it, MLP x Transformers is now cannon to the FiM universe! 

All we need now is our G.I. Joe x Littlest Pet Shop crossover and we'll be golden. 

• Brohoof 2

Considering that both franchises are 'siblings' in that sense of the word, we all knew that this was going to happen one day. It took a lot longer to get here than expected but at least we got to it. This has been confirmed by both Hasbro and IDW as official with a November 3rd 2020 release. There is still much that remains unknown but we do know who the three writers are going to be along with the illustrators.

• Brohoof 3

Great...now some of the items from my Grand List of Things Hasbro Won't Let a Brony Do In a Fangame will need to be revised!  ...Again...

For instance:

8)  Sorry, but a scene where Scootaloo rides on Arcee is out of the question.

...I ended up with so many of them, I've had to hide them inside a spoiler tag...

15)  Not allowed to deliberately misspell "unicorn" during a narration and have the Transformer "Unicron" make a brief cameo, only to vanish when Twilight says, "Actually, the 'o' comes before the 'r'..."

141) In the early 2000s, the Beast Machines Transformers toy line had a Maximal robot that transformed into a unicorn.  (I'm not makingthis up.)  This "Battle Unicorn" Maximal  transformer may not be a character in the game.

153) Rarity's gem-finding magic can neither find nor accidentally detonate energon crystals or dilithium.

168) Even if the original 1980s Transformers cartoon did it, I can't depict ponies getting drunk on energon.

181) No city in Equestria is really the transformer Metroplex in disguise!

186) The Autobot Matrix of Wisdom cannot substitute for the Elements of Harmony, nor vice versa.

187) Shining Armor may not sing "You've got the touch!"

191) I can't get revenge on Hasbro for cancelling toylines I was looking forward to as a kid (e.g. a TransTech continuation of Beast Wars/Beast Machines) by having product placement for them and then tacking on "coming...never!" to the end.

248) In reference to #100, not allowed to have the colts playing with Beast Wars Transformers reenact the scene where Rhinox's "energon discharge virus" combines with a fart visible from orbit to defeat all the predacons at once.  (I'm not making that up; it was really how the Beast Wars Transformers cartoon episode "The Low Path" ended!)

1056) The backstory for the Beast Machines Transformers cartoon was that Megatron created a computer virus that infected all of cybertron, locking every transformer with a beast form in animal-mode permanently, allowing Megatron to take over the whole planet.  With that context in mind, the rule:  I cannot explain Celestia's longevity by saying she's a refugee Maximal elder from Beast Machines.

1081) None of the princesses' castles is really Fortress Maximus in disguise.

1113) The ponies can't turn into Equestria Girls/Human versions of themselves by saying their name and then "Maximize!"

1114) In reference to #1113, "Terrorize" won't work, either.

1116) Ponies can't become Equestria Girls by "finding the balance between human and pony inside themselves" and then saying "I am transformed", either.

1260) There was a Beast Wars Fuzor called Terragator, a tortoise/alligator mixture.  And while Rainbow Dash's pet Tank is a tortoise and Pinkie Pie's pet Gummy is an alligator, I cannot use this and magic to make Terragator a character in the game!  Not even for a cameo!

1266) None of the dragons over which Ember rules is really Transmetal II Beast Wars-era Megatron in disguise---no!

1268) No matter how funny Waspinator was from the Beast Wars Transformers cartoon because of his bad grammar, I cannot have Fluttershy starting a grammar school for wasps in the game.

1269) The Equestria Girls don't receive energon field buildup that would require them to turn back into ponies in order to recover from it.

...Good grief, I've thoroughly gotten carried away!

So well, while I know a bit of Transformers, can’t say it’s ever been a big part of my life. Never watched the classic 80s cartoon, nor I’m a follower. At most I’ve watched that early 2000s anime with the main antagonists being predacons and Megatron being the shark, and of course, Beast Wars. Which I remember mostly

I wonder if Optimus and Bumblebee will become ponies :fluttershy:

MLP_BFFs_-_Transformers.jpg

Edited by Steve Piranha

• 2 weeks later...

Very excited to read this. I'm not a die hard Transformers fan, but I like the world/lore overall and really enjoyed 2018's Bumblebee movie. As far as the Michael Bay films go, I thought the first film was decent/enjoyable despite some issues, but the 4 sequels were really terrible IMO (The fifth film The Last Knight is actually one of the worst film I've seen in recent years).

Anyways, I think this could be a lot of fun and it's cool to see an official MLP crossover.

• 3 weeks later...
14 hours ago, Denim&Venöm said:

Transformers #18 have released a convention exclusive cover. I wonder what inspired it. 

TF2019_18_cvrRE_B.jpg

Damn, I wish I could go to that convention just to get that cover :dry:

On 2/24/2020 at 12:50 PM, nightshroud96 said:

Hoping the royal sisters get to do something instead of not being able to help or get taken out.

Same. The last thing we need is Megatron beating Princess Celestia in some contrived manner just so that Optimus Prime would get the spotlight.

56 minutes ago, eddeams said:

Same. The last thing we need is Megatron beating Princess Celestia in some contrived manner just so that Optimus Prime would get the spotlight.

Same with Luna.
Would sting pretty badly since this is essentially a once-in-a-lifetime thing.
Just like with the 2017 movie. It was a once-in-a-lifetime thing(or specifically something really special) but in it, Luna got shafted big time. It stung so badly and still does for me when I remember it.

• 2 weeks later...

Unfortunately, it'll have to wait.

March 23, 2020

To Our Partners Throughout the Comics Industry,

Last week, we sent out a statement to the comics community in which we pledged our support for the Direct Market during the current health and economic crisis. We’ve been keeping a very close eye on the public discussions taking place in forums and on social media, and the sentiment from retailers is abundantly clear:

It’s time to take action.

In light of Diamond’s statement today, our immediate steps to offer relief for our retail partners are:

• For the next three months, IDW will be offering 60-day no-fee returnable terms for all items on Final Order Cutoff (FOC) corresponding to the weekly on-sale dates from March 18th to June 24th.
  • IDW is announcing the suspension of May releases corresponding to OSD dates from May 6th to May 27th.
  • IDW will reduce its overall publishing line for products originally scheduled through July, with a focus on releasing our biggest projects in special editions to help drive traffic to stores through the summer.

With these measures, our hope is that we can lessen the immediate financial risk that retailers face for IDW products, and give retailers a much-needed break for their monthly budgets.

These are first steps. As the situation continues to unfold, we’re certain to initiate additional programs to help our retail partners. It’ll take insight from and coordination with shop owners, Diamond, and our publishing peers to shape a comprehensive strategy for the industry to move forward.

As a special note to our Creative Partners:

We know that you’re likewise feeling the pain of the current circumstances. Trimming our line through the summer in support of the Direct Market retailers will undoubtedly impact creative workflow for the short term. We fully appreciate the difficulty that this presents to freelancers. It’s our expectation that — in the long term — the Direct Market will bounce back as a result of these steps, and we can all continue the good work of making quality comics on the other side. Our Editorial team has been reaching out to creators and licensors with these latest updates, and we’re here to help in any way we can: answering your questions, listening to your ideas, etc.

The IDW team is committed to working with retailers and creators to get through the coming weeks and months. As I mentioned in our previous statement, we’re here to listen and help. We invite you to contact us directly (ryall@idwpublishing.com, rosalind@idwpublishing.com, dirk@idwpublishing.com) and we’ll field your questions as best as we can. 

Wishing you health and security,

Chris Ryall

10 minutes ago, Denim&Venöm said:

Unfortunately, it'll have to wait.

March 23, 2020

To Our Partners Throughout the Comics Industry,

Last week, we sent out a statement to the comics community in which we pledged our support for the Direct Market during the current health and economic crisis. We’ve been keeping a very close eye on the public discussions taking place in forums and on social media, and the sentiment from retailers is abundantly clear:

It’s time to take action.

In light of Diamond’s statement today, our immediate steps to offer relief for our retail partners are:

• For the next three months, IDW will be offering 60-day no-fee returnable terms for all items on Final Order Cutoff (FOC) corresponding to the weekly on-sale dates from March 18th to June 24th.
  • IDW is announcing the suspension of May releases corresponding to OSD dates from May 6th to May 27th.
  • IDW will reduce its overall publishing line for products originally scheduled through July, with a focus on releasing our biggest projects in special editions to help drive traffic to stores through the summer.

With these measures, our hope is that we can lessen the immediate financial risk that retailers face for IDW products, and give retailers a much-needed break for their monthly budgets.

These are first steps. As the situation continues to unfold, we’re certain to initiate additional programs to help our retail partners. It’ll take insight from and coordination with shop owners, Diamond, and our publishing peers to shape a comprehensive strategy for the industry to move forward.

As a special note to our Creative Partners:

We know that you’re likewise feeling the pain of the current circumstances. Trimming our line through the summer in support of the Direct Market retailers will undoubtedly impact creative workflow for the short term. We fully appreciate the difficulty that this presents to freelancers. It’s our expectation that — in the long term — the Direct Market will bounce back as a result of these steps, and we can all continue the good work of making quality comics on the other side. Our Editorial team has been reaching out to creators and licensors with these latest updates, and we’re here to help in any way we can: answering your questions, listening to your ideas, etc.

The IDW team is committed to working with retailers and creators to get through the coming weeks and months. As I mentioned in our previous statement, we’re here to listen and help. We invite you to contact us directly (ryall@idwpublishing.com, rosalind@idwpublishing.com, dirk@idwpublishing.com) and we’ll field your questions as best as we can. 

Wishing you health and security,

Chris Ryall

So the crossover and the season 10 comics are going to be delayed?
That stinks..

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Having never really watched any Transformers before, and thus not getting the nostalgia aspect out of this, I don't care, because the snippets I've seen from this on Derpibooru are real fun and real good.

2411166.jpg

A fun thing they do is right off the bat, they essentially tell you to temper your "where does this fit in" mindset, to just enjoy it at face value. Quibble Pants is trying to figure out continuity of a Daring Do/Power Ponies crossover comic, and the shop pony says he thinks it's just supposed to be fun. I think that's both hilarious and brilliant.

Chrysalis is trying to summon "changelings from other worlds" to help in her conquests, and she gets the Transformers instead.

2416214.jpg

Oh and this happens.

• Brohoof 2