Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

searching [CLOSED] The Town Friendship Forgot

Samurai Equine

(edited)

Just to reiterate what I said in the status update, the one I linked in my previous reply, I want to thank all the people that have given me caring reactions and comments. :coco:
It is really appreciated.

After having a good moment with my family yesterday, I am feeling better. I'm still adjusting to the loss, but I don't want to be away forever. So if you see me acting a little reserved in the next few days, if my RP game is not as strong as usual, then just know it's because my family and I are still grieving and adjusting to the loss. Still, right now, I'd rather be with my friends and the ones that care about me than be away.

Edited by Samurai Equine
  • Brohoof 1

10 hours ago, Ragland Tiger said:

@Samurai Equine

I, too, have lost someone recently.  Take the time you need, and do whatever you need to do. My thoughts are with you.

Same to you, my friend. And if you want to be alone or if you want to heal with friends by your side, I'll respect and support your decision. :BrightMacContent:

1 hour ago, Emerald Heart said:

Well now I don't know what to do, I'm stuck again.

It'll come back around to your character. Just try to be active in the RP. Do something in the the town. Whatever you choose to do, there will be NPCs to help play it out, and one of the RP's might join you eventually. :)

(edited)
2 hours ago, Buck Testa said:

Hmmm now as a colt I'm wondering where my character is going to end up. Probably some kind of orphanage situation. 

Not necessarily. Maybe if he were in any other town/city in Equestria. But here, you can go anywhere and do pretty much anything you want. @Pastel Heart's main OC is a young filly, and she doesn't live like a normal child. She goes where she wants and does whatever she wants. A very spunky character, and I love it! ^_^ Though, mostly, she is living with @Dynamo Pad's OC right now. Still, she could be completely independent if she wants to be.

In my RP, the normal citizens (NPCs) are mostly directionless ponies. They just go about the motions in life. No real passion for anything, no direction, nothing. They just take life as it is. Some might feel sad or feel like their town has lost its purpose. It's only our OCs that have come in, settled there, and have shaken up daily life with our own brands of excitement. :) That, and the major town-wide activities that occasionally happen thanks to the Laronde Box. But that's an every other day thing.

Edited by Samurai Equine
  • Brohoof 1

1 minute ago, CameoShadowness said:

Is there a Map of the town? I kinda want to remake it in Minecraft....

No, there isn't. There's plenty of room to make something original, but I can also give you some all ready established details about the town's geography.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)
1 hour ago, CameoShadowness said:

Alright, go ahead.

• The town is surrounded by stone walls in a large square shape with openings on either 4 sides.
  • The front opening has a booth for a gate keeper (not much bigger than a ticket booth)
  • The town's square is the center of attraction and the biggest feature
  • Despite being called a town, it's actually big enough to rival a large city. Lots of places to go and do
  • There is an arcade, a town hall, a library, a school house, a news station, a hospital, two rival furniture shops, ice cream parlor, and a ritzy hotel many stories tall
  • There is lots of houses and places for ponies to live. Houses, apartments, business buildings, etc.
  • Trilby Hatter owns a clothing store, and his house is right next door to it.
  • Across the street and in the next block behind Trilby's house is a series of apartment complexes.
  • Samurai Equine lives in an area close to the town's front entrance. His house is the only asian-style house in the entire town.
  • Besides Samurai's house, all other houses and buildings are what you'd normally expect to see in western pony culture (anything from the quaint houses you might find in Ponyville all the way to the fancy city building you might find in Canterlot or Manehattan).

Recreating this town might be a big job. I never really made a map for two reasons: 1) I don't have that level artistic ability. 2) Since this RP is open for anyone to join at any time, I always want there to be room to grow or add features that I didn't think about before. For example, if someone joined and wanted a cloud city above Friendshire, I'd be okay with that. It'd still be part of Friendshire, but you see what I mean.

Edited by Samurai Equine
  • Brohoof 1

3 minutes ago, Samurai Equine said:
  • The town is surrounded by stone walls in a large square shape with openings on either 4 sides.
  • The front opening has a booth for a gate keeper (not much bigger than a ticket booth)
  • Despite being called a town, it's actually big enough to rival a large city. Lots of places to go and do
  • There is an arcade, a town hall, a library, a school house, a news station, a hospital, two rival furniture shops, and a ritzy hotel many stories tall
  • There is lots of houses and places for ponies to live. Houses, apartments, business buildings, etc.
  • Trilby Hatter owns a clothing store, and his house is right next door to it.
  • Across the street and in the next block behind Trilby's house is a series of apartment complexes.
  • Samurai Equine lives in an area close to the town's front entrance. His house is the only asian-style house in the entire town.
  • Besides Samurai's house, all other houses and buildings are what you'd normally expect to see in western pony culture (anything from the quaint houses you might find in Ponyville all the way to the fancy city building you might find in Canterlot or Manehattan).

Recreating this town might be a big job. I never really made a map for two reasons: 1) I don't have that level artistic ability. 2) Since this RP is open for anyone to join at any time, I always want there to be room to grow or add features that I didn't think about before. For example, if someone joined and wanted a cloud city above Friendshire, I'd be okay with that. It'd still be part of Friendshire, but you see what I mean.

Don't forgot the fact Sundae Delight owns a ice cream parlor somewhere in town. 

• Brohoof 3

18 minutes ago, Windy Breeze 🥧 said:

Don't forgot the fact Sundae Delight owns a ice cream parlor somewhere in town. 

Right! Sorry. Wasn't sure if it was a building or something mobile, like a cart or something. :)

• Brohoof 1

(edited)
4 hours ago, Samurai Equine said:

That is a big thing but that's why I'd make what I call a loose fire map (well not with minecraft but in general). This means while key features will be noted with their placements and their general space between eachother, everything else is vague or just missing. This way you can edit as you go. I made one for a different RP and I'll show it to you.

unknown.png?width=695&height=496

Of course houses and such are between these places (unless there is grass) but the key places and their distances will always stay constant. This way we can still add to it when ever but we have a solid foundation of where what is.

Now with Minecraft I will have to add all the details and such but having a loose fire map will make things far easier. I understand why you don't have one but just saying in general. sorry

Edited by CameoShadowness
Little fix up.
  • Brohoof 2

5 hours ago, Samurai Equine said:

Wait my mind is thinking it's a huge water thingy (why can't I think of the name) with maybe crystals, what is it exactly? Does it have a secret cave of any sort? Like uh... idk why but like... this is too vague for me.

4 hours ago, CameoShadowness said:

Wait my mind is thinking it's a huge water thingy (why can't I think of the name) with maybe crystals, what is it exactly? Does it have a secret cave of any sort? Like uh... idk why but like... this is too vague for me.

The town center can be anything at any time. It can be a water fountain if you want, a stage, an open field, etc. So far, it's been a concert hall and a central racing hub. :)

• Brohoof 1

20 hours ago, Samurai Equine said:

The town center can be anything at any time. It can be a water fountain if you want, a stage, an open field, etc. So far, it's been a concert hall and a central racing hub. :)

Imma make it a giant fountain. Will be back with bluprints of the town later