Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Anyone Interested in an MLP Marathon/Convo?

Jedishy

MLP Marathon   

16 users have voted

1. 1. Do you want to do an MLP Marathon

• Yes
    • No
    • Depends on the schedule we decide

Is there anypony out there that would be able and interested in doing an MLP Marathon up to Season 8 with me? We would watch an set number of  episodes a week and talk about each episodes in the right spot for them on the forums. 

9 minutes ago, Twilight Luna said:

That sounds like fun. Count me in!

Nice if we get a few more interested people we can start hashing out the time table etc

• Brohoof 1

I might be interested but there is a possibility I can't be there for all of them. Hope that alright. I was planning on a season 1 and 2 marathon anyway (watched and listen those early song recently and I forgot how much I love the older seasons).

7 minutes ago, Lulaypp said:

I might be interested but there is a possibility I can't be there for all of them. Hope that alright. I was planning on a season 1 and 2 marathon anyway (watched and listen those early song recently and I forgot how much I love the older seasons).

Well I am thinking we do 2 to 3 episodes a week. So if you can only do one of those or have to skip a week that is fine. 

Just now, Dynamo Pad said:

That sounds pretty awesome. I'd be all for it, but it also depends on the time of when we would watch the episodes. 

Ok I am thinking we pick a week to start on and then set a discussion date at the end of the week. So you would have several days to watch them and a couple of days for us to chat on them 

• Brohoof 1

Just now, Jedishy said:

Well I am thinking we do 2 to 3 episodes a week. So if you can only do one of those or have to skip a week that is fine. 

Ok I am thinking we pick a week to start on and then set a discussion date at the end of the week. So you would have several days to watch them and a couple of days for us to chat on them 

Okay, but I was just wondering something. So, we'd watch the episodes on our own and then we pick a day to watch them as a group to discuss as the episode is playing. Afterwards, at the end of the week, we would have a discussion date on each particular episode?

I'm sorry if that question sounded confusing. It even confused me when I was writing it. :ButtercupLaugh:

Although, I wanted to make sure as a group reaction and discussion sounds like fun. 

Okay, but I was just wondering something. So, we'd watch the episodes on our own and then we pick a day to watch them as a group to discuss as the episode is playing. Afterwards, at the end of the week, we would have a discussion date on each particular episode?

No no. What I am suggesting is 

Next week  we all watch episodes 1,2,&3 then at the end of the week we discuss them. When everyone watches them is up to their own schedule just so long as you watch the episode/s at some point that week 

1 minute ago, Jedishy said:

No no. What I am suggesting is 

Next week  we all watch episodes 1,2,&3 then at the end of the week we discuss them. When everyone watches them is up to their own schedule just so long as you watch the episode/s at some point that week 

Oh, I see what you mean. So, we all watch episodes 1, 2, and 3 and afterwards we make a group to discuss the episodes. I though we were all going to watch it at the same time as a sort of group reaction. 

Oh, I see what you mean. So, we all watch episodes 1, 2, and 3 and afterwards we make a group to discuss the episodes. I though we were all going to watch it at the same time as a sort of group reaction. 

LOL as much fun as a group watch time would be it would be too hard to fit into peoples schedules. So doing it on our own time makes more sense. 

As for the discussion there is already a spot for each episode so we can just use those. No need to reinvent the wheel plus the convos would just get moved to the right area any how lol. 

• Brohoof 1

1 minute ago, Jedishy said:

LOL as much fun as a group watch time would be it would be too hard to fit into peoples schedules. So doing it on our own time makes more sense. 

As for the discussion there is already a spot for each episode so we can just use those. No need to reinvent the wheel plus the convos would just get moved to the right area any how lol. 

That's true. Plus, if we had to go back, then it would seem a bit awkward haha.

That's true about the discussion topics of each episode. I thought we would have joined a call and have a few hours to discuss the positives and negative and such about each episode. The topic discussion is still a good idea to have our discussions. 

2 minutes ago, Dynamo Pad said:

That's true about the discussion topics of each episode. I thought we would have joined a call and have a few hours to discuss the positives and negative and such about each episode. The topic discussion is still a good idea to have our discussions. 

Yea the goal is to make it so as many people as possible can join in and that we make is easy as possible to take part. 
So using a generic week time frame and using the forum topics already built makes both of those possible. 

• Brohoof 1

2 minutes ago, Jedishy said:

Yea the goal is to make it so as many people as possible can join in and that we make is easy as possible to take part. 
So using a generic week time frame and using the forum topics already built makes both of those possible. 

Oh, okay and that sounds good to me. 

I work Sunday to Wednesday from 7:00 am to 5:30 pm EST. My days off are usually Thursday to Saturday. Just in case to let everyone know of my work schedule.

1 minute ago, Pastel-chan said:

Sounds fun!

I'm usually busy during the day but I'm usually on at night around 8pm EST, sometimes earlier if I'm having a good day

Luckily you wont have to work on anyone's schedule but your own. So I look forward to seeing your posts once we kick off 

1 minute ago, Emerald Heart said:

Sounds fun!

Is it gonna be like a reaction video? Will I have to record myself?

I'm usually available on Fridays and Saturdays. 

It would be chats ion the forums 

EVERYONE. Are we good with starting on Monday of next week  24th of this month

We will watch Episodes 1,2,3 you will have all week to watch them 

On Sat and Sun 29th and 1st  we will  discuss.them here.

What do people think? 
Any other start date discussion date? 
Are three episodes a week doable? 

• Brohoof 2

27 minutes ago, Jedishy said:

What do people think? 

The plan sounds good to me. I'm good to discuss the episodes on both Saturday and Sunday, while watching the episodes during the week. Also, three episodes works pretty well.

I know it sounds like a bad question, but I was wondering. What or how do we discuss the episodes. I'm guessing by what we thought, our likes and dislikes and such? 

• Brohoof 1

3 minutes ago, Dynamo Pad said:

I know it sounds like a bad question, but I was wondering. What or how do we discuss the episodes. I'm guessing by what we thought, our likes and dislikes and such? 

I will post my thoughts, maybe a few questions for others, etc. I figure everyone else does the same. If there is something that really gets people going then we can dive deeper 

• Brohoof 1

40 minutes ago, Jedishy said:

Luckily you wont have to work on anyone's schedule but your own. So I look forward to seeing your posts once we kick off 

It would be chats ion the forums 

What do people think? 

Three should be fine!

I'll re-watch them Monday and be ready by due time!

• Brohoof 2

Sounds fun, count me in! Finally I can be in a present conversation about the show, because I’m on season 7 so I have to be super careful to avoid spoilers I haven’t already seen

• Brohoof 1