Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open The Town That Friendship Forgot

Samurai Equine

@C. Thunder Dash

Upon hearing Thundy's remark, Dynamo's ears perked as he heard the mention of the cartridge. He slowly opening his eyes as he saw, floating right in front of him, was indeed the same cartridge from his earlier explanation. "T-That's it." He breathed, his eyes widening slightly as his jaw dropped in awe. He couldn't believe what he was witnessing. "I just don't understand. I wasn't able to use the cartridges before. Why did it appear now?" He asks, wondering what Thundy had meant by thinking of it made it appear. "Do you think that wearing the belt allows me to create a Gashat? I would just have to think of what I want and it would appear in this form?" He asks, while wondering what would happen if he used the gadget.

• Brohoof 2

@Dynamo Pad @C. Thunder Dash

Pencil watched quietly as Dynamo and Thundy discussed and practiced using the magical devices they had on them. She only took a mild interest due to knowing she was unable to perform anything special herself. Most of her focus was on attending to water Pencil. Of course, it wasn’t like water Pencil had needs, but she probably desired attention just like any other creature.

It wasn’t until Dynamo summoned a cartridge that Pencil’s interest was peaked. It was as if his belt gave him the power to create whatever he wanted, regardless of his current magical skills. Although it could most likely only summon game-related objects, the belt was cool regardless.

“Wow, it really summoned that cartridge thing for you?” Pencil gushed. “That’s amazing!”

• Brohoof 1

@ExplosionMare @C. Thunder Dash

Dynamo looked over towards Pencil, who seemed really interested in the powers of the belt. He grinned as he nodded in agreement. "You can say that again. Although, I'm not sure if it was due to the power of the belt. I think if I'm wearing the belt, then I have to use my magic to summon the cartridges. I'm not entirely sure, but it's more of a theory. Nevertheless, it's good to know that progress has been made on figuring out the workings of the belt." He says, turning towards the male griffon as he nodded at his remark. "I believe so. I remember the user's gain powers from the belt or the driver, in a way. For the Build Driver, it was a bottle beaker type of thing that gave me power. So, the Gashat's will grant the power in this sense." He responded, raising an eyebrow at the mention of turning into Mareio. "While that would be cool, I don't know if that's possible. That just seems way too farfetched, but I guess one can dream."

As he was told to place the gadget into the slot, he gulped in fear. He wasn't sure what would happen, but he still had to give it a try. He was able to somehow summon the Gashat. So, now was the next step of the belt. He looked over the Gashat until he found what he was looking for. A button that he would need to press in order to activate the device. With a simple click, the Gashat glowed to life. 

SUPER MAREIO BROTHERS!

The gadget gave a little jingle to specify that it had been activated. Upon hearing the gadget call out the name of the Gashat, Dynamo spun the device as he held it in a levitation spell. He turned the device downward, before placing the Gashat into Gamer Driver

GASHAT! 
(Click and Load!)

LET'S GAME! METCHA GAME! MUTCHA GAME! WHAT'S YOU'RE NAME!? I'm a video gamer!
(Let's Game! Super Game! Ultra Game! What's your name!? I'm a video gamer!)

As the belt announced what was going on, a couple of panels had appeared and began spinning slowly around the blue unicorn. His eyes glanced at the panels around him, while one of the panels was lit up. It looked to be a picture of the Italian plumber, while the other panels were grayed out. Possibly other forms, characters or weapons? He honestly wasn't sure as he currently felt like he was being overwhelmed. "Uh...so, what now? Do you think these panels are friendly?" He asks, hoping the others weren't as lost as he was.

• Brohoof 3

@C. Thunder Dash @ExplosionMare

Dynamo blushed in embarrassment as he heard Thundy's remark. However, he smiled slightly as he shrugged his shoulders. "I mean, it's kind of corny, but that's what happened in the game world. I suppose it's a sort of announcement to indicate the driver is about to work." He would say, nodding as he was told to select the panel that showed Mareio. "Okay. Here we go. Game on!" He exclaimed, before selecting the panel. As the panel was chosen, the other grayed out panels disappeared, while the lit up panel stayed. Dynamo was wondering why that was, until he looked towards the driver. There was still a lever that wasn't pulled. If he remembered correctly, the lever was also a part of the key. Taking a chance, he pulled the lever to the side as the driver was fully opened up.

GACHAN! LEVEL UP!
(Click and open! Level up!)

Ju-Ju-Jump! Jumpmane! Jump up, superstar! Super Mareio Brothers~!

As the belt gave a jingle, the belt began to glow as if something was being formed at the epicenter. The light overtook Dynamo as a change was beginning to occur. Clothes had begun to form all over him. His black jacket was replaced with a red shirt, with blue denim overalls. White gloves appeared on his front hooves, while brown shoes appeared on his back hooves. A red hat had been placed upon his head, while a black mustache formed in between his upper lip and nose. As the light dimmed, the others were presented with Dynamo, who had gone through an external change. Standing in front of them was Dynamo, who had taken the appearance of Mareio. He still had his blue fur, but he now had the attire of the Italian plumber. Not only that, but he still had the Game Driver belt attached to his waist. 

"W-What just happened? W-Was the driver able to work?" He simply asks, not realizing the attire he was wearing. He was so caught up in the bright light that occurred moments prior that he didn't realize the belt had been successful.

• Brohoof 2

@Dynamo Pad

Thundy sort of cringed at just how cheesy these jingles were. “Ugh...I’m so sorry Dynamo but these jingles are just...so cheesy. By the way, you're wearing Mario’s full attire.” Thundy said as he made a hand mirror appear and put it in front of Dynamo so he could look at himself.  

@ExplosionMare

• Brohoof 1

@C. Thunder Dash @ExplosionMare

Hearing Thundy's remark caused Dynamo to frown. He had to realize that others might feel the same way, while others may not. "It's okay, Thundy. I guess it's the way the Driver and cartridge are meant to be. It happened in the game world when I used the other Driver. I don't think I'm the one that causes the jingle. I'm only guessing that it's the design of if as it's only in theory." He would say, before raising his eyebrows in slight alarm. "Wait. What are you talking about?" He was given his answer as he was handed a mirror. Taking a look at the mirror, the blue unicorn gasped in shock as he was indeed dressed up as the Italian plumber. "Dear, sweet, Celestia! I-I actually look like Mareio!" He spun around as he inspected himself with the outfit he was wearing. "H-How did that happen? I mean, I was expecting maybe gaining abilities or maybe a hat, but I wasn't expecting an outfit. This is pretty crazy, but not in a bad way, of course." He smiled, before taking a look at the mustache. "I could do without the mustache, but I guess beggars can't be choosers." He would say as he chuckled slightly. 

• Brohoof 2

@Dynamo Pad

"I wonder if you could take away the mustache. I don't wanna try doing it because it could mess things up..." Thundy said looking at Dynamo in the Mario costume. He then remembered the latest Mario game. "Hold up...I wonder if you have Cappy..." Thundy said as he gathered some energy and made a real green koopa appear. The Koopa simply walked around. "If you've got Cappy, try throwing your cap at the koopa and see if you can take it over." Thundy supposed. 

• Brohoof 2

@C. Thunder Dash

"I might have to agree with you on that one. Change one thing and it takes away from who the character truly is from the game." Dynamo responded, blinking in confusion at the mention of Cappy. "Wait, who? I don't think I..." He paused, remembering something about a version of the game he had played once. "...I think I know what you're talking about. It's a special hat that can talk, right? Actually, more like a spirit hat of some sort." He would say, before looking over at the summoned green koopa. "While I would want to test out the hat. I want to test out something else." He says, trying to walk and turn it into a run. However, he suddenly tripped over his hooves and fell face flat onto the ground. "Ow..." He simply muttered as he decided to lay there for a moment to recover from his fall and his embarrassment.

• Brohoof 1

@Ragland Tiger @ExplosionMare @C. Thunder Dash

Dynamo continued to lay face first on the ground, before being helped up to his hooves. He looked over to see that it was Thundy who had assisted him. "Thanks for the help. I'm sorry you had to see that." He blushed in embarrassment, while hoping that the others didn't see that. He rubbed his nose as he still winced from the pain. "Was it bad that I was trying to do just that? I remember you said to use Cappy, but I don't know if I have that power. I might test that out, but I also wanted to test out Mareio's abilities first. Granted, I guess I should have taken into account the gloves and shoes Mareio wears. I might need to get the hang of it first." He explained, starting to walk around the field, while walking around the koopa. It took time, but he eventually was able to run around without tripping. He even took a few jumps to see if he could recreate Mareio's jumping abilities. With a hop, skip and a jump, Dynamo was able to pull the infamous triple jump. "Wahoo! This is awesome! I feel as light as a feather!" He cheered, before looking over at the koopa. He decided to test his abilities by doing the same triple jump as he tried to attack the koopa. If the attack landed, then he would knock the enemy out of it's shell or send it into it's shell. 

• Brohoof 2

@Dynamo Pad

"Wow, pulled the triple jump off flawlessly." Thundy stated. 

The koopa popped out of its shell. Fortunately, it was in white boxers. However, it wasn't happy that it was knocked out of its and it charged at Dynamo, looking as if it was either going to do a headbutt or a bite attack. 

• Brohoof 1

@C. Thunder Dash

Dynamo's ears perked as he looked over to Thundy, who had complimented on his jumping. Dynamo smiled as he held out a hoof to the male griffon. Giving what appeared to be a sort of thumbs up pose. The moment didn't last for long as it seemed like the koopa was angry from being knocked out of it's shell. Dynamo's eyes shrank as it looked like the enemy turtle was trying to give the blue unicorn a bite or headbutt. Dynamo tried to run away, while thinking of a way to combat the foe. He racked his brain for idea, before a thought soon occurred to him. 'It might be risky, but I've got to give it a try. Please work.' He thought, before turning on his heel and stood face to face with the enemy turtle. He held out a hoof as his horn began to glow as he charged up some magic. After gaining the magic he needed, Dynamo threw his hoof forward as a fireball soon appeared from said extended front hoof. The fireball began to bounce, while moving in a straight line. If it continued and connected, then the fireball would hit the enemy koopa.

• Brohoof 2

@Dynamo Pad

The fireball went right into the koopa, making it disppear with a puff of smoke. Its shell was still there. "Now here's something cool you could also do..." Thundy said as he picked up the koopa shell. He then let out some sparks on it. It grew to his size. He slipped it on and gathered more electricity and released it. The shell changed from green to blue and a helmet appeared on Thundy's head along with a belt with boomerangs on it. Thundy had become a boomerang bro.

He then gathered more electricity and made another koopa appear. "Here, try capturing this koopa." He said. 

• Brohoof 2

@C. Thunder Dash

Dynamo grinned as his fireball attack proved successful. The koopa was defeated and disappeared in a puff of smoke. "I forgot that koopa's could try and attack you. I think when I played one of the games on the Neightendo 64, the koopa would usually run away. Although, that was when you could ride on their shell." He explained, before he watched Thundy use his electricity, as well as the remaining turtle shell. Once the shell turned from green to blue, Dynamo gasped as he knew what Thundy had done. "You're a boomerang bro, right? It's one of the archetypes for the bro trio. It's usually a fireball bro, a boomerang bro and the traditional hammer bro. I know that Mareio can use the shell as a power up in a later game, but still. I don't know if I can do that since I might need another cartridge, but that's pretty cool." He would say as his point was proven by the empty slot next to the current Gashat in said driver.

He didn't have much time to think about his theory as another koopa was summoned. Now was the time for the other test to begin. His front right hoof reached upwards until he grabbed a hold of his hat.  He looked at the koopa as he wondered if this would really work. Taking a deep breath, Dynamo lifted the hat off of his head as he began winding up. He soon pulled back as he tossed the hat like a frisbee. If the hat landed, then the power of the hat would soon trigger.

• Brohoof 2

@Dynamo Pad

The hat landed on the koopa's head. Dynamo could feel himself being stretched and pulled into the koopa. The capture was successful and Dynamo now had complete control over the koopa. "Would you look at that Dynamo, you have done your first successful capture. And yep, in the later games, Mario could become a boomerang bro himself." Thundy stated. 

• Brohoof 2

As the hat landed on the koopa's head, Dynamo felt himself being lifted off of the ground. He wasn't sure if it was due to a flight spell or something else, but he felt himself beginning to panic. He began flying towards the koopa with the hat, while being stretched and sent directly into the turtle. As if he had been absorbed as the two were melded together. He had to close his eyes as the force was very strong for his mind to handle. That, and it felt like he was floating through some sort of stream of memories of the koopa. Once everything ended, the blue unicorn slowly opened his eyes. "O-Oh, w-what happened. My head f-feels like it's spinning." He would say, blinking to get his vision under control. He slowly looked down to see what appeared to be hands and green shoes. As he heard Thundy announce that he had captured the koopa, Dynamo gasped and screamed out in shock. "W-What just happened!? I-I just became a turtle!" He exclaimed, almost wanting to run around and have a panic attack. However, he was almost too stunned to move. He quickly darted his eyes around as he managed to find the male griffon. "T-Thundy? H-How do I manage to change back?" He would have asked what the koopa could do when you captured it, but he was feeling so scared and overwhelmed with the new developments.

• Brohoof 1

@Dynamo Pad

Unfortunately, Thundy was on the floor laughing at Dynamo's reaction. "Oh that reaction was priceless!" He said in between laughs. "Well, all you do is take your hat off and use your magic to split yourself up from the koopa. It's Cappy that is the primary enabler so, take Cappy off, then do the split and you should be back to normal Dynamo." Thundy said as he thought of a really fun trick he used to do in Super Mario Sunshine. He gathered some electricity and the ground trembled lightly making a rectangular hole, 10 feet long by 6 feet wide and 12 feet deep. The hole was filled with water. A slackline that was the length of the pool of water was placed right in the middle of it. Thundy gathered a little more electricity and a version of F.L.U.D.D appear that fit his size. He put the belt on around his waist and changed the nozzle to hover mode. "Oh Dynamo, if you really want some thrills, check this trick out. I used to do this all the time when I played Super Mario Sunshine." Thundy said. 

• Brohoof 2

@C. Thunder Dash @Dynamo Pad

As  Bluebell walked with Chelsea to another part of the field, she said, "I've b-b-been told by several ali-alicorns and a wi-wizard that I have enough-enough p-power in my h-h-horn to l-l-l-l-level a s-city the size of ma-ma-Manehattan.  That-that thought f-f-frightens me.  All I-I-I really w-want is to b-b-be a regular pony and not-not have to st-struggle with conta-containing my m-m-magic all of the t-time."

@Ragland Tiger

"Don't worry Bluebelle, I'll help you out." Chelsea said as she gathered some water energy and made a ying/yang sign appear, which was made of water. "My water abilities depend on how I feel, which is why I have great control. Focusing on an element of nature such as wind, water or earth could help you with controlling your magic." Chelsea stated. 

• Brohoof 2

As he heard laughter coming from Thundy, he turned to look as said griffon was in a fit of chuckles. He narrowed his eyes slightly as it didn't help that the griffon was on the floor enjoying the freak out performance. Dynamo couldn't help in blushing in embarrassment. Were Bluebell and the others laughing, as well? He felt tears were starting to well up in his eyes as he felt like he made an embarrassment of himself. With his earlier performance at the spell and now this? Dynamo wanted to just give up and leave to save whatever dignity he had left. Taking a deep breath, he slowly exhaled as he tried to stay calm. Wiping the tears from his eyes, he sighed once more as he heard how to turn off the ability. "Thanks for letting me know, but there's one thing I'm wondering. What does the koopa do if you take control over him with Cappy? Is there anything unique that I can do?" He asks, while watching as the griffon had made a rectangular hole. He felt his legs tremble slightly from the ground rumbling, before seeing a slackline along what looked to be a giant pool. He was about to ask what the pool was for, before seeing Thundy summon up a yellow book bag. Upon further inspection, Dynamo remembered something familiar about said book bag. "Oh, I know what that is. It's F.L.U.D.D. The Flash Liquidizer Ultra Dowsing Device from Mareio Sunshine. That thing takes me back as it was a fun game, in my opinion. Although, what are you planning to do, Thundy? Also, isn't it a bad idea to have this sort of pool in this kind of weather?" He asks, remembering it was a little chilly outside.

• Brohoof 2

@Dynamo Pad

"We won't be actually swimming in the water." Thundy said as he jumped out towards the slackline and dangled from it, the slackline bouncing and stretching a little. Thundy switched directions so that way he was facing Dynamo. "You may want to take a few steps back." Thundy said as he began to swing lightly. He then gathered some electricity and released water from FLUDD as he swung backwards, gaining in height. Thundy continued to release water in a rhythm. He soon made a 360 loop, and another. His speed was increasing as he spun around the slackline. His body was soon a blur as he reached the speed he needed. Thundy let go of the slackline and went soaring into the air. "WHOOOHOOHOO!!!" Thundy cheered in the air almost like Mario, pulling 5 flips in the air before landing on his two paws. 

"Phew! What a rush. You seriously have to try that. Anyway, as a koopa, you can retreat into your shell and use yourself as a projectile. Thundy then made FLUDD disappear and made a set of 10 bowling pins in formation appear. They were bigger than normal to accommodate Dynamo's size. "It may take a running start to do so." Thundy added. 

• Brohoof 2

@Ragland Tiger @ExplosionMare @C. Thunder Dash @Dynamo Pad

While the others are busy with their own things, Nopony and Tree Song decide that, in order to solve all the magical mysteries, they will probably need to stay in Friendshire for many days, and they need a place to live. But they don't know how to go about that.

"Sorry to interrupt you guys, but do you know who we should talk to if we want to rent an apartment in this town?" Tree Song asked.

• Brohoof 1

@C. Thunder Dash

"That's good to know. I was going to say I'd be worried if we'd catch a cold. Considering it's kind of cold out." He says, emphasizing his point as he shivered slightly. While it wasn't extremely cold, it was still a bit chilly. He watched as the male griffon jumped onto the slackline, before dangling from it. Being asked to back up, Dynamo blinked in surprise. "Hey. You don't need to tell me twice." He would say, before taking the necessary few steps back. Upon using the FLUDD and electricity, he watched as Thundy began to spin along the slackline. Gaining speed, while gaining momentum in the air as he let go of the line to go soaring. Making a few flips as fast as a blur, Dynamo could only watch as the griffon landed back on the ground on his two paws. "That was pretty impressive, Thundy. Too bad I wasn't able to see it all that much due to being a blur from the spin." He would say, his eyes spinning slightly from watching the performance.

"I'll have to take a raincheck, but I'll keep that thought in mind. I'd have to see if I could summon FLUDD, as well. Not sure, but we'll see." He says, before being told what he could do as Koopa. It seemed that there would be multiple ways to fight as different enemies. He nodded in understanding, before seeing a couple of bowling pins had appeared. They seemed a bit bigger, but there must have been a reason for it. "Okay and thanks for the warning. I'll give it a go." He says, while being told to take a running start. He ran back a few feet, while making sure he was ready to give the spin a try. As he started to run towards the pins, Dynamo could somehow feel like he knew what he had to do. It was as if could gain the power of the enemies memories, as well as how to use their special abilities. Making sure he gained the necessary running speed, the unicorn quickly got into the shell as he began spinning towards the pins. It was hard to control due to not being used to the spin, but he managed to knock about 8 of the 10 pins. Leaving the remaining pins in a seven-ten split. Getting out of his spin, Dynamo fell back as he took a seat. His eyes spinning wildly from feeling dizzy. "O-Okay. I got to get used to spinning and any other abilities. This is cool and all, b-but this is going to be a learning curve." He chuckled slightly as he was too dizzy to think.

• Brohoof 2