Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open The Town That Friendship Forgot

Samurai Equine

@ExplosionMare @Dynamo Pad @Samurai Equine @Ragland Tiger @Kronos the Revenant @PawelS

"Well, for you Pencil, your dad is the dominant because he's a unicorn. Now, both of you...Dynamo and Pencil could've been naturally born alicorns. Look at the punnett square, specifically the first square, there are both dominant genes..." Thundy said. 

He suddenly heard Finn speak up about DNA. "That magic you speak of, is actually a phenomenon known as "magically induced mutation. This means that the genes don't mutate naturally. The magic influences the mutation. The thing to keep in mind is that magically induced mutations can only happen if a unicorn or alicorn is involved, like Flurry Heart for instance." Thundy stated. 

• Brohoof 2

@Samurai Equine

As the guide led them into to the park, Shadow take one glance at the animals in cages before returning her gaze back at the guide and nodded her head. She heard everything what the guide said and all the animals they mentioned.

“Are there lions?” she asked. Lions are her favorite animals due to their gold fur color and their predator behaviors.

Edited by Windy Breeze
  • Brohoof 2

@Ragland Tiger @ExplosionMare @Samurai Equine @PawelS @Kronos the Revenant @C. Thunder Dash

Dynamo tilted his head in confusion as Thundy tried to figure out what the unicorn had stated before. Suddenly, the images began to change into a square that had "Uu" on the vertical axis. At the same time, the letters "Pp" showed up on the horizontal axis. His jaw dropped slightly as he learned he was a rare case of being born a unicorn. "Huh. I never thought I'd be a rare case. Maybe that's the reason why I have a bit of trouble with magic? Considering the unicorn is on the recessive side, while the Pegasus is on the dominant side. Unless it's more in depth and complicated than that. At any rate, I think it's pretty neat." He smiled, taking note of Pencil's question. "I don't think that's a silly question, Pencil. I think that would be the same case as your sister took after your mother's side, while you took after your father's side. I guess it would probably be the same thing in the case of one of the other races and an earth pony." 

As Thundy continued to speak, Dynamo blinked in surprise, while his jaw dropped in shock as to what he had heard. "Wait a minute. Pencil and I could have been naturally born Alicorns!?" He exclaimed as he almost didn't want to believe it. "I mean, don't get me wrong. That's pretty interesting, but how? I mean, that just feels unheard of." He would say, before being asked to look at the punnet square. Taking a loot at the first square, the P and U were both capitalized as dominant in the gene. "Does that mean if Pencil and I were in that square in the chart, then there would have been a possibility of being born an Alicorn?" He looked over towards Finn, who added onto Thundy's explanation. He was surprised to hear that Thundy's knowledge was incomplete. However, it seemed that Finn, or Final knew as he was very much into science. Dynamo still had trouble following, but some things that Finn said had raised some questions.

"A genetic wild card? I'm guessing the same rules apply if the other parent is an earth pony or something along those lines." He would say, giving Finn an apologetic look. "I remember meeting you before, but it was different in terms of meeting. I'm sorry, but I don't know if things like that should be revealed. I wouldn't want anything to happen to you, or anybody else. Although, you did say something special about this place. Does that mean that this town doesn't exist where you live, or did you happen to live somewhere else?" He asks, before continuing. "I've heard of Flurry Heart. That was big news during the time of a new Alicorn being born. I'm not sure how, but I guess that's what you mean in regards to what could've happened to Pencil and I. However, is it safe to mention Flurry Heart's name to Finn? Given that he said nopony has ever seen one being born before, then that's not happened in his timeline. So, would it be better to avoid any potential secrets with what's happened in this timeline?" He asks, worry and concern etched on the unicorn's face.

• Brohoof 2

@C. Thunder Dash @Dynamo Pad @Samurai Equine

Pencil was in disbelief. She couldn’t believe that her and Dynamo could have been Alicorns at birth. She remembered hearing about Flurry Heart and how strange her birth was. Although Cadance was an Alicorn, she was naturally a pegasus, just like Pencil’s own mother. Pencil wasn’t sure she would have been a princess of, but she was sure that being born with a horn and wings at the same time would have changed her destiny drastically. If she was an Alicorn right now, she would be doing way more than selling commissions.

Pencil took into consideration what Dynamo said about mentioning Flurry Heart in front of Finn. She decided not to speak on the matter of Alicorns, or at least Flurry Heart, any further out of respect. They didn’t know what timeline he was from so it was best to keep most recent news from him. However, nopony said time travelers couldn’t discuss events from the past. If they knew roughly what year Finn came from, the group’s discussions with him could be a little easier.

“Finn, if I’m allowed to ask, what timeline are you from? I’m thinking that if we know that, it’ll be easier to avoid giving away ‘future’ information to you,” she asked the colt.

• Brohoof 2

@ExplosionMare @Dynamo Pad

"Oh yes. Because look, the traits are dominant, it's a 50/50. Sometimes, even if a foal were to be born in the first square, it could either be a pegasus or a unicorn. But take a look at the fourth square. The traits are both recessive. One may assume that the fourth foal is automatically an earth pony, but that's not necessarily true." Thundy explained. 

• Brohoof 1

@Samurai Equine

Nopony and Tree Song listen with great interest to the discussion about genetics. But seeing that Finn is OK, the druid decides it's a good time to give him some advice.

"So, Final, I met you in your future, which means you'll probably be OK, but there is something you need to keep in mind. Time magic is very dangerous for many reasons. One of them is that it attracts all kinds of evildoers, like that Kaiser spirit, who want to steal it from you. Especially when you are a little foal such as yourself, and travel alone. I don't know if it's possible for you to get somepony older to accompany you, but at least you should be very careful, and when planning a journey in time, consider if it's worth the risk. I don't even touch any time magic myself because I think it's too dangerous, but of course it's your choice.

Also, I don't know what's the goal of your current journey, but let me know if I can help you with it in any way."

• Brohoof 1

@Dynamo Pad, @C. Thunder Dash, @ExplosionMare, @PawelS, @Ragland Tiger, @Kronos the Revenant

Final notices the sudden interest in his own timeline. "Oh, thanks but you don't have to call me Finn anymore if you don't want to. I made up that name on the spot. It's just a short version of my real name; Final. Hmm... Not sure when I'm from exactly. But you mentioned something about a Rainbow Dash before, and I've never heard of that Wonderbolt. And you've all said other little things that I've never heard of either. Not to mention, there's Kronos, the first pony that was every nice to me when I first arrived here. I've never seen a robotic-looking pony like him before. So if I had to guess, this timeline is the future. To you, I'm from the past." Final explains as best as he can. "...What's a Flurry Heart?" He adds. Yep, definitely from the past.

Still, he listens intently on what Nopony has to say. In fact, he mulls it over to the point where Final rolls over on his back on the grass. "Hmm..." But then he sits upright. "Yeah, I guess it is dangerous, but that's kinda why I wanna study it! Almost no pony truly understands how it works. I mean, wouldn't it be better if we understood it before some evil force masters time magic for themselves? They could undo all the good things Celestia has ever done for this kingdom." Once again, he mentions Celestia, but not the mane six. He must be from a time where they either don't exist or haven't made a name for themselves. Still, Final smiles and stands up straight. "Thank you for being concerned, Mr. Nopony. But if you met a future version of me, that must mean I'm doing something right! But right now, I'm just a kid. I've barely found any books or any good research material on time magic. So I've got to keep digging and learning as much as I can, because Celestia knows they'll never teach this kind of stuff in regular school." Final laughs.

Final takes a look at Kronos and tries to hop on his back, wanting a piggyback ride.

@Windy Breeze

"Wow...." Trilby takes in everything. In this park, there is no need for cages. It really does look like they are in the great outdoors. There is plenty of sunlight, lots of trees, grass, some sand and dirt, and all the things needed to replicate outdoor life. Which means all the animals have plenty of room to roam and do whatever they like. "There will be. As we pass the birds, we will now see a variety of lizards and bovine. We recently got a few hippopotamuses, but the wild boar usually only come out at night." The guide explains. Trilby looks at the cows grazing on grass and even spots a chameleon.

"To your left, you'll see a few giraffes, dear, gazelle, and a bison." The guide points more things out. They really are passing by all different kids of animals now. Trilby walks cover to Shadow. "They pretty much have everything, don't you think?" He asks.

• Brohoof 2

@Samurai Equine

Shadow nodded, before lifting her camera and taking pictures of the animals, the thought of personally seeing a lion excites her. Answering to Trilby's awe, she said “Yeah...”

However, a few animals began to look uncomfortable as they went close. Oblivious to the guide and Trilby, they already didn't like Shadow.

@ExplosionMare @Dynamo Pad @Samurai Equine @PawelS

"Well, Flurry Heart is the crystalling that was born not too long ago. She was born to Princess Cadence and Shining Armor of the Crystal Empire. I guess you haven't lived through those events yet. I'm not gonna spoil anything else though. Sheesh, this reminds me of Dragonball Z where the characters had to travel to the past and the future to save the world. They also had to do it in the later series Dragonball Super." Thundy stated. 

• Brohoof 2

@Ragland Tiger @ExplosionMare @Samurai Equine @PawelS @Kronos the Revenant @C. Thunder Dash

Looking at the chart, Dynamo nodded as Thundy's remark held merit. "So, if the foal is in the fourth square, then it could be any of the three pony races? I can imagine there are a number of factors that relate to each square." He responded, nodding as he took Nopony's words into account of Final's time traveling. As he heard Pencil's question on Final's original timeline, Dynamo nodded once more in agreement. "I think it's good to start from there. It's better to not reveal anything for safe measures. Plus, I have to agree with Nopony. With being a young colt, there might be someone out there who wants that kind of power. If one is influenced or see's something happen at a young age, then it could be very impressionable. If that were to happen, then it could drastically alter or affect one in a negative way, or even have a bad viewpoint." He explained, while understanding of events that had happened before from an old friend.

Upon the mention that Finn was short for Final, Dynamo gave a nod in understanding, as well as a smile. "Fair enough and I guess it depends on what you want us to refer to you as. Final makes sense, or I guess Finn is a sort of nickname for friends. Even if you said that you made it up on the spot." As he listened to Final's description of his time, Dynamo took notice of key moments in his words. From not knowing Rainbow Dash, to only mentioning about Princess Celestia. 'Hmm...so, it seems like the past Final's mentioning is very far away. He never mentioned the other princesses, doesn't know Flurry Heart, or even the bearer's of the Elements of Harmony.' He thought, rubbing his chin with his front left hoof in thought. He even thought of the time he had met Final by chance when he was with Iron Shoal and Thundy. Final did seem pretty old in appearance, but he couldn't go off of that. "If you're sure that, but I'd still take heed of Nopony's advice. It's better to be safe than sorry. If you were able to travel here, then maybe it's better to take advice back with you. I can understand that no school would teach that kind of subject. I'd hate to imagine what would happen if it was in the wrong hooves. Still, I think it's interesting to study it. It gives you a chance to add many more discoveries for those who may want to look into the subject." He would say, shivering at the thought of an old acquaintance he knew from years ago.

Dynamo's eyes widened as Thundy began to explain bits and pieces of Flurry Heart, as well as Princess Cadence, Shining Armor and the Crystal Empire. He soon breathed a sigh of relief as he heard the griffon mention that he wouldn't go into spoilers. "That's a relief." He muttered softly to himself, before turning his attention towards the others. I think it's best if we try and change the topic. I know it's not good for Final to know things that the past version hasn't discovered yet. So, the less he knows now, then the better he'll be so we won't alter history." He says, his ears perking at Thundy's mention of Dragon Ball. "Oh, I remember what you mean, but that series doesn't really make time traveling that big of a deal. Considering on the arc and moments, of course. I remember a game called Xenoverse that does the job better. Considering you have a character going to key events to try and keep history on course, while making sure to not alter history at the same time."

• Brohoof 2

@Dynamo Pad @ExplosionMare @Samurai Equine

"Yep, and Dynamo, remember when we had our first lessons and I mentioned about what would happen if the game's code was altered the wrong way? Well, it reminded me of a film I watched back in my world: Alice Through the Looking Glass. Now this movie did involve time travel, but here's the interesting thing, a character saw her past self and the two made eye contact. This caused the whole thing to fold and rust creating the paradox. Would you like to watch the scene?" Thundy asked. 

• Brohoof 2

Pencil nodded when Dynamo mentioned how something even a little dangerous from other timelines could negatively affect Finn’s mind. It reminded her of a friend who had gone through a traumatic experience at a young age. The trauma still heavily affects that friend today, so Pencil knew better than anypony that it was crucial to keep Finn safe during his time traveling.

Thundy and Dynamo began exchanging film references, to which Pencil habitually tuned out of. However, the mention of “Alice Through the Looking Glass” intrigued her. A whole world rusting because of one time travel mistake sounded horrible but also quite fascinating. When there was a break in the conversation, Pencil told Thundy,

“I’d like to see the ‘Alice’ scene. It sounds interesting!”

• Brohoof 2

"Is it bad that I don't remember you mentioning that?" He asks, a sheepish expression was present upon his face. It soon changed to a look of shame and sorrow as he gave the griffon an apologetic look. "I'm really sorry, Thundy. So much had happened during the lesson that I don't think we really got anywhere. Considering that I was having to learn how to perform a wrestling move from Iron Shoal." He says, remembering how sore his back was from the lessons of his teacher. "Although, I don't know what you meant by altering the game's code in the wrong way. I know I had the power of the Game Code when we were in the game, but I don't remember much. All I could recall was being able to gain all of the classes, skills and felt more powerful. It felt like another presence had taken hold." He says, while trying to remember the events that took place. The only thing he could remember was having a nervous breakdown of everyone falling one by one, before allowing the power to take hold. After that, it felt like a blur as if he had passed out. 

As Thundy began to explain about a movie, Dynamo tilted his head in confusion as he had never heard of this film before. While it did sound pretty scary with everything having to fold and create a paradox. It still seemed like something he should look into. Especially since they had all discussed the idea of time traveling. "I think it would be okay to show us the scene. It might help us to understand the risks of time traveling a bit better." He says, nodding in agreement to Pencil's remark.

• Brohoof 2

@Ragland Tiger @ExplosionMare @Samurai Equine @PawelS @C. Thunder Dash

As a halo of light was stabilized, Dynamo watched as a scene from a movie was being played. The blue unicorn was confused at first, before he saw what Thundy was mentioning. He felt his stomach begin to churn as he watched the scene unfold. Seeing everything becoming rusted and frozen was not a sight to behold. He soon smiled as all was well in the end, but still seeing what transpired had startled him. “I can’t believe something like that could happen. All because this Alice had met her past self? You wouldn’t think something like that would happen if Final’s you and old self would meet each other, do you?” He asks, a look of fear was clearly evident to the others.

• Brohoof 2

Pencil watched the terrifying scene unfold on the projection. As soon as time was “disrupted”, it appeared that their world really was going to end. Pencil didn’t mind that the villains were caught up in the mess but she felt bad for the innocent characters. It was shocking to watch the entire world rust over and listen as everything went silent. Pencil shuddered at how quickly one little time travel mistake changed everything.

Thankfully, the scene turned out for the better in the end. The queens reunited, the Mad Hatter was able to reunite with his family, and the world was saved. Pencil politely clapped once the scene was finished before she offered her thoughts.

“That was kind of terrifying but at least it turned out nicely. I’m not sure if that sort of thing would happen in our world, but I sure wouldn’t wanna test it,” she said.

• Brohoof 1

@Dynamo Pad @ExplosionMare @Samurai Equine @Ragland Tiger @PawelS

"Not Alice. It was the Red Queen who saw her past self. Alice had to make a scramble to return the chronosphere back to its rightful place to restore the time/space continuum." Thundy said as he stopped his talons from glowing. The screen simply faded away. "It's also like that one legendary Pokemon Dialga who is the deity of time. It can use this powerful move called Roar of Time that breaks through time itself. From there, it has full control of time itself. It can speed up, slow down or even stop time. It can time travel of course. Thundy said gathering some electricity and making a Master Ball appear. He threw it out and Dialga appeared in front of the group. It roared loudly. Thundy was used to it. As for the others...

• Brohoof 1

@Samurai Equine @C. Thunder Dash

Nopony continues his conversation with Final Premonition. "Well, if you think time magic is your destiny, then of course you should pursue it. I'm not trying to stop you from doing it, and I wouldn't be able to do it anyway. What I'm saying is that you should be more careful when using this kind of magic, and consider all the possibilities and dangers, like the one Thundy just demonstrated."

Then Thundy is talking about some creature the druid is not familiar with, and makes this creature appear in front of them. It looks dangerous, so Nopony takes a defensive stance and signals Tree Song to do the same.

• Brohoof 1

@ExplosionMare @Samurai Equine @C. Thunder Dash

Dynamo nodded in agreement to Pencil's remark, while it seemed that she too was shaken up about the scene. He was glad that he wasn't alone in that fear. "You can say that again, Pencil. I hope we don't have to test that theory out. It feels nerve-racking enough to think of something like that happening to everyone and Equestria." He says, a look of realization appeared as Thundy explained who saw whom in the past. "Oh, I didn't know it was from this Red Queen. I wasn't sure who saw their past self, but it's because I've never seen or heard of this film. It sounds pretty interesting though." He would say, the screen fading away from existence. "Oh, Dialga. The one of few who are a part of the creation group. Along with Palkia, the deity of space. I remember playing that game and caught Dialga. I didn't know it could time travel, but I guess it makes sense given that it's a Pokemon of Time. I know it travels through a time stream like how Palkia travel's through a space stream." He explained, remembering the movies that explained the time and space duo. He soon saw Thundy make a pokeball appear out of thin air due to his electricity. More specifically, he saw that the capsule was more along the lines of the Master Ball.

He was about to ask what the griffon was doing, before being given his answer in the form of the being of Time itself, Dialga. The blue unicorn couldn't believe what he was witnessing as the legendary Pokemon was gigantic. His ears perked as he could hear it's roar echoing throughout the land. He could feel his legs beginning to shake as he felt his legs begin to buckle from underneath him. "T-This can't be real, c-can it?" He shook his head as he didn't want to believe it. He wouldn't lie as he was afraid. He never saw a real Pokemon from up close before, but he he had heard of the legendary Pokemon. They were legendary's for a reason as they were both powerful and well revered and feared by many. Hearing that this Dialga was only a projection, Dynamo's eyes quickly darted towards the griffon. "W-Wait a minute. So, this Dialga is simply a projection? It's not the actual thing? It's not that I don't believe you, but it looks so real." 

• Brohoof 2

@Dynamo Pad @ExplosionMare

"It's a projection. You may not be able to touch it physically, but you can feel it's power and presence." Thundy stated. He then opened the master ball again and Dialga returned inside it. He then made the master ball disappear. "Well then, Dynamo, I'm ready to resume our lessons if you are." Thundy stated. 

The water version of Pencil plopped itself on Pencil's muzzle again. Chelsea giggled at this. 

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

@Dynamo Pad, @C. Thunder Dash, @ExplosionMare, @PawelS, @Ragland Tiger, @Kronos the Revenant

Final is beginning to wonder if Kronos has stopped caring about all these conversations. "Are you gonna show me around town, Mr. Kronos?" Final is a kid right now, so of course he wants play time.

Still, he does listen to what Thundy and Nopony have to say. "Okay, I think I get it now! Be really careful, and don't run into yourself. Paradox could happen. I'm prepared to be as careful as possible! I do believe in the scientific process and such. Whatever I need do to master time magic, I'm gonna do it right." Final says.

Then a realistic Pokemon appears. and roars Final's eyes go wide and his ears fall. He quickly bows to it. "Don't hurt me, Mr. Time Monster! I swear I didn't do anything... Please no hurty!" ... Then Thundy makes it disappear, but Final missed it before he raised his head. "...Where did the big hurty monster thing go?!"

@Windy Breeze

As the guide carries on, there are just more and more animals to see roaming around an enjoying themselves. Some pony is feeding a cockatrice. Trilby points out a manticore hanging out with a lion. A timerwolf is teaching a regular wolf how to howl. There are so many sights that they hardly need a guide! "So, when we are done here... Would you like to get something to eat? We could have lunch, and then it'll be on to the final part of our date. I have a surprise for you." Trilby says.

"...And now we are coming up to the petting-zoo part of the nature walk. Would either of you like to pet some of our animals?" The guide asks.

Edited by Samurai Equine
  • Brohoof 2

@Samurai Equine

19 minutes ago, Samurai Equine said:

"So, when we are done here... Would you like to get something to eat? We could have lunch, and then it'll be on to the final part of our date. I have a surprise for you." Trilby says.

Shadow smiled “Sure. You can't complete a journey without eating to end it” she nodded to the guide “Sure, why not?”

• Brohoof 2

@Samurai Equine

Kronos’ eyes were nearly dozing off as he seemed to be the quiet and distant type amongst the group; that is until the little pony asked him a question and he snorted himself awake. 

“Huh, what?” he asked in sudden confusion, “Oh, yeah, sure.” He noticed that the little colt wanted to ride on his back. He picked up the little colt and placed him on one of his suit’s pauldrons. “So, what do you want to check out first, kid?”

• Brohoof 2

@ExplosionMare @Samurai Equine @C. Thunder Dash

"That's reassuring to know.." Dynamo responded, breathing a sigh of relief as he heard that the Dialga was just a projection. Hearing that one was able to not touch it physically reminded him of another Pokemon that could do that. However, it was due to being tested earlier, but still. Seeing a giant projection like this had given Dynamo an idea. "I don't doubt you when you said that you can feel it's power and presence. It's like standing in front of the actual time deity. It's almost overwhelming." He says, before seeing Dialga being returned into the master ball. Once the capsule had disappeared, Dynamo looked towards the griffon with a smile and nod. "I'm very ready to continue. So, where do we begin." He says, levitating the belt over towards him in his levitation spell. He blinked as he heard Final's exclamation, while bowing before Dialga. He chuckled slightly as he didn't blame Final for his initial reaction. "There's no need to worry, Final. Dialga won't hurt you as it's like Thundy had said before. It's a projection. If it was real, then it would be under the command of Thundy. In the Pokemon games, trainer's can catch and take command of these creatures known as Pocket Monsters, or Pokemon for short. You can battle alongside them, or they can be your friends." 

• Brohoof 2