Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open The Town That Friendship Forgot

Samurai Equine

@Dynamo Pad @ExplosionMare @PawelS @C. Thunder Dash

18 minutes ago, Dynamo Pad said:

Dynamo's ears perked as he heard a sudden crash a few feet away. He turned to see Tree Song, who had lost her balance and was on the ground. "Are you okay, Tree Song?" He asks, taking notice that her teacher had suddenly made his return. "Welcome back, Mr. Nopony. How did the search go? I hope it all went well." He says, taking notice of Chelsea and Pencil, who were both trying to help out Tree Song. "I don't blame you for saying that. I was like that when I went on a roller coaster for the first time. You feel like you lose all sense of feeling in your legs and then you look as pale as a ghost. Also, I'm sorry if I wasn't able to help." He says, feeling worried and upset that he had been a bad friend to the others.

"Are y-y-you hurt, dear?" Bluebell asked Tree Song.

• Brohoof 2

@Ragland Tiger @ExplosionMare @Samurai Equine @C. Thunder Dash @Dynamo Pad

Tree Song feels a little overwhelmed with all the attention she is getting. "I'm fine, I just felt a little nauseous after the ride, but it's all gone now, thanks to Chelsea" she says.

Nopony answers Dynamo's question. "I talked to Sundae, and it looks like it wasn't really her at McDaffodil's today. Someone stole her identity, that's all I can say for now."

@Ragland Tiger @PawelS @ExplosionMare @Samurai Equine @C. Thunder Dash

Dynamo breathed a sigh of relief, smiling as he was glad that his friend was okay. "That's good to know. Hopefully the nauseousness passes soon. Again, I'm sorry if I wasn't much help on helping. I'm not the best when it comes to healing magic." He would say, nodding in understanding to Nopony's response. "So, her name is Sundae. I'm not sure if their name was mentioned, but that's good to know." He says, raising an eyebrow in surprise and curiosity. "I don't really get how someone can steal one's identity, but that still doesn't sound good. I hope everything will be okay."

• Brohoof 2

@Dynamo Pad

"The full name is Sundae Delight, looks like she's rich because she has a big house with maids serving her" Nopony explains. "As for how to steal somepony's identity, the changelings can do that, for example. They are supposed to be good now, but maybe not all of them... There are other possibilities too, powerful magic can do this sort of thing." He doesn't mention the bell, because he decided it's best to keep it secret for now.

• Brohoof 1

26 minutes ago, Dynamo Pad said:

"I don't really get how someone can steal one's identity, but that still doesn't sound good. I hope everything will be okay."

@Dynamo Pad @PawelS

"T-t-trust me, it ha-happens," said Bluebell.  " An-an evil sp-sprite once stole-stole half my perso-personality and made a d-d-d-doppelganger that terrorized ponies all over Canterlot.  It-it took a m-m-mighty effort for me to take-take it back, too."

@Ragland Tiger @PawelS

Dynamo nodded at the full name of the mare, while not knowing much about her. Aside from what Nopony had just described about her. "I can imagine that because I've heard about the changelings when I was in school. You're right that they are good now and have changed for the better. However, I guess the possibility of bad changelings can't be tossed out the window." He says, tilting his head at the idea of other powerful magic. He decided to let it go for now as he wasn't too sure on the subject. "Still, thanks for letting me know. If I find out and/or learn anything, then I'll be sure to let you know."

At the mention of what happened to Bluebell, Dynamo's jaw dropped in surprise. "What kind of evil spirit had the power to do that? I was going to ask if you're okay, but I guess that would be a bad question." He gave a sheepish chuckle at the irony, before shaking his head. "Even so, I'm glad to know that you're okay. I can only imagine how much of an effort it must have been in order to stop this doppelgänger."

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

@Dynamo Pad, @C. Thunder Dash, @ExplosionMare, @PawelS, @Ragland Tiger

Finn was having a blast through the whole thing. But when the ride is over and everyone is unstrapped, he does NOT sit still! Instead, he bounces off his seat as soon as he can and starts jumping around. "WHOO!! By Celestia, that was tops! Totally the bomb! It was all that AND a bag of chips! Ehehehe~!" He jumps around so much he ends up bouncing off Thundy, Dynamo, Chelsea, and other random things in his way. "If Crow had been here, I--" Finn stops when he sees Tree Song nearly fall over. Good thing he didn't jump on her too.

Also, other good things! Everyone helps her out. And Nopony comes back! "Everybody sure is nice these day~"

But he looks up at Bluebell with confusion. He walks up close to her with an inquisitive look on his face. "Why do you stutter so much?" He asks with absolutely no filter.
...Well, he is a kid. He doesn't mean anything rude by it. He's just being curious, and probably needs to be reminded of his manners.

@Windy Breeze

"I don't mind." Trilby begins. "We can stop by your place on the way to the nature walk. I could teleport us there, or if you feel like Supermane, you could fly us there."

Edited by Samurai Equine
  • Brohoof 2

@Ragland Tiger @Samurai Equine @ExplosionMare @PawelS @C. Thunder Dash

Dynamo winced with a grunt as Finn bounced off of him and others from his constant jumping. He gave a deadpanned expression, before smiling with a chuckle and shake of his head. He couldn't be mad at the young colt as it seemed like Finn had fun riding the coaster. "Sounds to me like your first roller coaster ride is a ride that you'll never forget. Glad you were able to get a kick out of the theme park attraction." He says, his jaw soon dropping slightly at Finn's question towards Bluebell. He looked up towards the mare as he gained a look of worry. He was surprised at how had asked such a question out of the blue. "Uh...Finn? You need to remember mind your manners, if that's okay. Maybe it's due to shyness or something along those lines." He tried to explain to the young colt. Dynamo was curious, as well. However, he wasn't sure how to ask in fear of sounding rude. He wasn't sure, but chalked it up as shyness due to how she was talking. 

• Brohoof 2

@Samurai Equine @Dynamo Pad @PawelS @ExplosionMare

"Phew, well that was an awesome ride. Well everyone...time to say goodbye to this coaster. Don't worry, it won't explode. It'll just dissppear with a poof with an aim of my staff. Besudes, we gotta continue our magic lessons Dynamo." Thundy said as he noticed Finn buzzing about. Chelsea ended up capturing him in one of her bubbles. He was still able to breathe. "Hehe! Looks like I caught a wild Finn!" Chelsea teased, before opening the bubble to let him out. Thundy waited until everyone was clear of the coaster before he started to prepare the delete spell. 

• Brohoof 1

@Ragland Tiger @ExplosionMare @PawelS @Samurai Equine @C. Thunder Dash

Dynamo frowned slightly at the mention of the roller coaster having to disappear, but he understood that it had to be done. It would be difficult to explain how a roller coaster was still sitting in the middle of the field that the group was at. He raised his eyebrows at the mention of the coaster exploding. Thankfully, it was a joke as he let out a sigh of relief. "That's good to know. I know we were on the ride and all, but I don't think we'd want to go through an actual Daring Do escape experience." He chuckled slightly at his poor joke, before nodding at the mention of magic lessons. "Hey, Thundy? Should Finn and I go and collect our belts first? I don't know if making the attraction disappear would make the belts go along with them." He says, not wanting to test the possibility.

• Brohoof 2

@C. Thunder Dash @Samurai Equine @Dynamo Pad @PawelS

Pencil nodded as the stallion, referred to as Nopony by every pony else, gave a valid reason for the spill over at McDaffodil’s. If the mare, Sundae Delight, really was in two places at once, then there had to be an imposter, right? Pencil hoped the imposter was the one at McDaffodil’s and not the mansion. Otherwise, Sundae would have some explaining to do.

Once Tree Song was rehabilitated, Pencil couldn’t help but notice Dynamo’s guilty expression. Sure, he didn’t make it over in time to help, but that didn’t mean he was a bad friend. In an effort to console him, Pencil said,

“It’s alright Dynamo, I don’t think Tree Song would be mad at you for that. It it helps any, Chelsea did the important work. I have absolutely no healing magic of my own to contribute,”

Normal conversations began to pick up now that Tree Song was alright. However, they were cut rather short as soon as Finn started to bounce around sporadically. He hopped over everypony, including Pencil much to her mild annoyance. Thankfully, Chelsea calmed him down by placing him in a bubble for a moment. Pencil uttered a silent “thank you” to the griffon.

As Finn settled down, Thundy picked up his staff and started to erase the roller coaster from existence. It seemed strange at first, but it made sense to get rid of it rather than allow for random citizens to start using it without supervision. It disappeared with a resounding poof so quickly that it was almost as if the coaster were merely a mirage this entire time. This gave Pencil an idea for a metaphorical sketch. She would have to draw it as soon as she got the chance before she forgot about it.

Any sense of calm the group had was interrupted again when Finn bluntly pointed out Bluebell’s stuttering issue. As much as Pencil was curious as well, she would never directly bring attention to it like that. However, it was understandable given that Finn was quite a curious foal. Dynamo had mentioned that it could be due to shyness, but Pencil couldn’t fathom why even the shyest of ponies would stutter as constantly as Bluebell. She figured it was some sort of speech impediment, but she wouldn’t know that for sure unless Bluebell confirmed it.

“Finn, like Dynamo said, saying that isn’t very nice. Bluebell might be embarrassed by that. If she really did want to give you an answer though, then she would. It’s completely up to her,” Pencil told the colt.

• Brohoof 1

@ExplosionMare @Dynamo Pad @Samurai Equine @PawelS

"Sure you can collect your belts, and then this ride will be gone with a poof." Thundy said as he waited for the two others to collect their belts. Chelsea turned to Pencil. "Hey Pencil, wanna do some art stuff together?" She asked. The water version of Pencil perked up and bounced a little on Pencil with excitement. 

• Brohoof 1

@Ragland Tiger @ExplosionMare @Samurai Equine @PawelS @C. Thunder Dash

Dynamo nodded with a sigh of relief to Thundy's question. "Okay and that's good to know. Thanks for the heads up, Thundy. I'll be right back." He addressed the group, quickly making his way towards the cubbies that stored the two belts. He grabbed both in a levitation spell, before heading back towards where the group was located. Since Finn was trapped in a bubble courtesy of Chelsea's water abilities. He felt it was only fair to assist the young colt in reclaiming his explorer's belt. "Here you go Finn. I was making my way over to get my belt, so I thought it would be okay to get yours. I hope you don't mind." He says, giving Finn a kind smile as he levitated the belt back to him. He looked over to Pencil, who had given her two cents on the situation with Tree Song. Dynamo gave a small, yet thankful smile as if a giant weight was lifted off of his shoulders. "Thanks, Pencil. It really means a lot to hear you say that." He says, rubbing the back of his neck with his front left hoof. "I'm not sure if I have healing magic, but I might know of a way for it to be possible. I just have to figure out if this belt is truly what I think it is." He felt slightly nervous as he wasn't sure by his words. However, he would just have to wait and see in due time. Even so, he was glad that one of his friends was able to ease his worries. He also nodded at Pencil, while uttering a silent "thank you" to the purple unicorn mare's assistance. 

• Brohoof 1

20 hours ago, Samurai Equine said:

But he looks up at Bluebell with confusion. He walks up close to her with an inquisitive look on his face. "Why do you stutter so much?" He asks with absolutely no filter.
...Well, he is a kid. He doesn't mean anything rude by it. He's just being curious, and probably needs to be reminded of his manners.

20 hours ago, Dynamo Pad said:

Dynamo winced with a grunt as Finn bounced off of him and others from his constant jumping. He gave a deadpanned expression, before smiling with a chuckle and shake of his head. He couldn't be mad at the young colt as it seemed like Finn had fun riding the coaster. "Sounds to me like your first roller coaster ride is a ride that you'll never forget. Glad you were able to get a kick out of the theme park attraction." He says, his jaw soon dropping slightly at Finn's question towards Bluebell. He looked up towards the mare as he gained a look of worry. He was surprised at how had asked such a question out of the blue. "Uh...Finn? You need to remember mind your manners, if that's okay. Maybe it's due to shyness or something along those lines." He tried to explain to the young colt. Dynamo was curious, as well. However, he wasn't sure how to ask in fear of sounding rude. He wasn't sure, but chalked it up as shyness due to how she was talking. 

7 hours ago, ExplosionMare said:

Any sense of calm the group had was interrupted again when Finn bluntly pointed out Bluebell’s stuttering issue. As much as Pencil was curious as well, she would never directly bring attention to it like that. However, it was understandable given that Finn was quite a curious foal. Dynamo had mentioned that it could be due to shyness, but Pencil couldn’t fathom why even the shyest of ponies would stutter as constantly as Bluebell. She figured it was some sort of speech impediment, but she wouldn’t know that for sure unless Bluebell confirmed it.

Bluebell looked back at Dynamo, and briefly put a reassuring hoof on his shoulder.  She then turned and got down on the ground to look directly at the face of the little colt.  She gave him a warm smile, and spoke in calming voice.

"Hi, M-m-m-my name is b-Bluebell. What's y-yours?..." ..."Well, to answer your ques-question, I've been talking like-like this ever since I c-c-could remember, so I guess-guess that I was b-b-born with it, not that it r-r-really matters.  It's just-just p-part of me, just l-like my horn, like wi-wings are part of a p-pegasus, like-like the c-c-color of your eyes is p-p-p-part of you.  Th-thank you for ask-asking. Is-is there any-anything else y-y-you w-want to n-n-know?"

• Brohoof 2

Dynamo blinked as he felt Bluebell place her hoof upon his shoulder. He was about to say something, but stopped as she made her way over towards the young colt. As she leaned down towards his level, Dynamo listened as she began to talk to Finn. The gaming unicorn couldn't explain it, but he could simply trust Bluebell. Whether it was the expression in her eyes, or the the reassuring hoof on his shoulder. He honestly couldn't explain. However, he just had that feeling that she would be okay. He smiled as watched the interaction between Bluebell and Finn. Upon hearing her mention about her stutter being a part of her. Dynamo had a look of understanding. "I know what you mean." He started, hoping he wasn't interrupting. "Just like how Bluebell had mentioned about one's horn. It's the same for me." He started, pointing to the horn protruding from his forehead. "My horn isn't like other unicorns. When I was born, the doctor's had told my parents that it was a birth defect. They went so far as to say that I probably wouldn't be able to mold magic." He sighed softly, while not being a fan of recalling such a memory. He soon shook his head as his frown turned into a soft smile. "In time, I was able to discover that I could use magic and that it was inside me all along. So, it's just like what Bluebell said. Just like how my horn is a part of me."

• Brohoof 1

@Dynamo Pad, @C. Thunder Dash, @ExplosionMare, @PawelS, @Ragland Tiger, @Kronos the Revenant

Seems a lot of ponies were speaking up on behalf of Finn. "Hmm? Did I say somethin' wrong?" Finn asks. He didn't even notice Dynamo had gotten his belt for him.

And before he had a chance to comment any further, Bluebell got on his level and commanded his attention right away. "Oh. Hi! Call me Finn." He says then listens to her story. "Oh, I see. Part of you. I get it! Hmm... No, I guess not. I need to be careful how much I learn anyways. Thanks anyways." Finn says, nodding. Looks like he understands.

It's amazing how no one is asking more about Finn. Why did he just show up out of the blue? Who is Crow? Why is he so interested in science?
Nopony was on the verge of figuring it out. Because there is a power emanating from Finn as we speak.

It's subtle. It's not traditional pony magic. To most, it's easily missed if you're not looking for it. But it's there, just underneath the surface. And with enough skill, it can be detected.
It's the kind of power that is begging to be seized by anyone brave enough or evil enough. Even if you don't fully know what it is, clearly it's a power that should not be ignored...

• Brohoof 1

@Samurai Equine @ExplosionMare @Dynamo Pad @Ragland Tiger 

"Well now, seems like everyone has gotten their stuff. So...without further ado...it's time to say goodbye to this creation." Thundy said gathering some electricity and making his staff glow a red. He raised it up and slammed the end to the ground Gandalf style. A pulse of red was released. The coaster disappeared with a poof. All that was left was open fields. "Well now, ready to continue with our magic lessons Dynamo?" Thundy asked. 

Chelsea's ears perked up. "Hm? Does anyone sense something?" Chelsea asked. She felt a weird energy, looking towards the group. 

• Brohoof 2

"I mean, I wouldn't say that, Finn. I guess there was a sort of confusion, but I think everything was handled accordingly." Dynamo responded, while feeling unsure on how to answer Finn's question. It was simply because Finn was still young and still trying to mind his manners. He didn't want to give an answer and have it sound rude when he wasn't trying to be. He smiled as it seemed that Finn seemed to understand Bluebell's explanation. The blue unicorn couldn't help in raising an eyebrow in confusion and curiosity. "Wait a second. Hey, Finn. I hope you don't mind me asking this, but what did you mean by being careful on how much you learn?" He still didn't know much about the young colt, but he seemed to have simply fit in with the group when they all met. Hopefully, he could get to know the new addition to their group of friends.

Dynamo felt his legs beginning to tremble as the ground shook suddenly, yet slightly. Without warning, the coaster began to float into the sky, before disappearing out of existence. The gaming stallion could only look up and stare as it was as simple as a magic trick. Shaking his head to get back to reality, Dynamo nodded as he was ready to continue the lesson. "I sure am, Thundy. Hopefully, I'll be able to figure this belt out. So, where should we start, Thundy?" He asks, before looking over to Chelsea. He looked around, while trying to figure out what she was talking about. "I-I'm sorry Chelsea, but I don't know what you mean. I mean, are unicorns able to sense magic and/or energy?" He was still getting used to his magic, so he wasn't sure if it was possible to sense anything or not.

• Brohoof 2

@Samurai Equine

“You can teleport!?” Shadow exclaimed, however, she wasn't haveing any ideas to make Trilby teleport if the spell is difficult for him, and she doubted she could take him on a ride if he's weight is too much for her to carry him “But... Is teleporting difficult to you?” 

• Brohoof 2

@Windy Breeze

Trilby tilts his head left and right. "Yes and no. Teleportation is definitely meant for magically gifted unicorns. I can't do it as much as a princess or anything. But I can do it a few times each day. My limit is 3 or 4 times. I haven't teleported all day so far, so using it this one time wouldn't be a problem."

• Brohoof 2

@Dynamo Pad @Samurai Equine

Chelsea turned to Dynamo. "I sense an energy. It's like no other. It seems very different from the magic that normally comes from unicorns..." Chelsea said turning to look at Finn. "It could be coming from little Finn..." Chelsea supposed. 

"Chelsea's water abilities allow her to sense other types of energies. In an anime called Dragonball Super, the characters were able to sense energies. However, there was a specific type of ki called god ki that was unable to be sensed unless you were trained and obtained god ki." Thundy explained. 

• Brohoof 2

@Samurai Equine @Dynamo Pad @C. Thunder Dash @ExplosionMare @Ragland Tiger @Kronos the Revenant

Nopony figured out long ago that there is something unusual about Finn. He can sense an elusive magical aura emanating from the child, and the earlier mention of Wind Rider clearly suggests that he comes from the past. But the druid, being the type that prefers to listen and let things happen if his intervention is not necessary, didn't inquire the colt about any more details. He keeps an eye on him though, and now something Finn said caught Nopony's attention.

He needs to be careful how much he learns? What does it mean? Hmm... it's probably to avoid a paradox related to time travel. But then he must be aware of being a time traveler, or at least somepony gave him instructions about that... Could it be he is that strange time pony himself? He did mention something about the possibility of meeting him at various stages of his life...

Now, when Chelsea mentioned she senses something, Nopony thinks it's a good opportunity to encourage the group to find out more about the kid.

"It's Finn" he said casually, then addressed the pony in question directly. "I think you're keeping some secrets from us, am I right?"

Edited by PawelS

@Samurai Equine

There was a spirit of an ancient pony floating around in the air. Upon laying eyes upon a promising looking vessel, the spirit made its move and immediately possessed the young pony’s body. The very spirit is the same one that Kronos used to house in his body now possesses this young pony. 

Hmm, he grumbled to himself, Very young, but also very strong hearted and sturdy for it’s age. Yes, this one will do as my vessel. *Ahem*, Attention, young pony, do not be alarmed. I am Kaiser, Conqueror of Kingdoms. I am here to grant you great power, a power that would allow you to overwhelm any foe that stands in your way. You can topple giants, befall armies, bring great ruination to—Hello? Kid? Are you hearing me?

Edited by Kronos the Revenant
Retcon

Dynamo's jaw dropped slightly in surprise as Chelsea explained what she was sensing. "When you put it that way, I can believe it. Magic flows like water. So, given that she can use water abilities, then she can sense other kinds of energy." He explained, remembering the anime that Thundy had mentioned. "Oh! I've seen that before. I'm just not sure if magic and this energy are the same thing. Granted, Finn is a unicorn, of course. I'm just not sure if a unicorn can sense other magic. Considering every pony and creature has some form of magic in one way or another." He says, taking what Chelsea and Nopony had said into account. "Now that you mention it, I just realized something. Finn just suddenly went with us when we didn't even ask his parents if he could go with us, right? I don't think we had met his parents as I don't recall seeing them in McDaffodil's." He says, while wondering just what Nopony had asked as it seemed Finn was possibly hiding something.

• Brohoof 1

@Dynamo Pad @ExplosionMare @Samurai Equine @PawelS

Chelsea gasped. "You're right! How could little Finn just come with us just like that. He's also been talking about this Crow pony for a while now. Also, the fact that he's really smart could also give us more hints about him. The issue is, if his mind is just that powerful...then it could be easily swayed..." Chelsea said with a sigh. 

• Brohoof 2