Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open The Town That Friendship Forgot

Samurai Equine

@Ragland Tiger @ExplosionMare @Samurai Equine @C. Thunder Dash @PawelS @Kronos the Revenant

"What you are? How you got your abilities? Dynamo asked, almost as if what Chelsea had said was repeated as an echo. "I mean, aren't you a griffon, or are you something along the lines of what Thundy had gone through?" He asks, hoping he wasn't saying anything that would cause Chelsea to be upset. He vaguely remembered when she talked about her past, but he had forgotten as so much happened when he met the two griffons.

• Brohoof 2

@Dynamo Pad @Ragland Tiger @ExplosionMare @Samurai Equine @Kronos the Revenant

Chelsea pulled back her hair and revealed one of her pony ears. The other one perked up. She then turned and showed her cutie mark: a blue ying and yang sign surrounded by two tidal waves. 

• Brohoof 2

@Dynamo Pad @Samurai Equine @Kronos the Revenant @C. Thunder Dash @PawelS

“So I’m guessing you guys are like the warriors of your land or something? Sounds like it to me, anyways,” Pencil asked before clarifying herself. She didn’t completely understand Kronos’ culture, but she was willing to learn. Perhaps if Kronos was planning on sticking around for a while, there would be more answers to come.

Just behind her, Chelsea was sniveling next to Thundy. She had mentioned her backstory again, which always seemed to upset her. Pencil knew from what Chelsea told her during their ocean adventure that the story did have a tragic start to it. Hoping to ease her pain a bit, she walked over to the griffon and offered to help her.

“Since you told me some of your story before, would you like me to tell it to the group for you? I’ll only share what you want me to,” she offered.

• Brohoof 1

@ExplosionMare @Ragland Tiger @Samurai Equine @Dynamo Pad @Kronos the Revenant @PawelS

Chelsea turned to Pencil, remembering that she had told her everything about her. “It’s fine Pencil, I can do it. Thanks for offering though.” Chelsea said smiling at Pencil

• Brohoof 1

@Ragland Tiger @ExplosionMare @Samurai Equine @PawelS @Kronos the Revenant @C. Thunder Dash

Dynamo glanced behind him towards Pencil, who had mentioned that she was told a bit about Chelsea's backstory. With a tilt of his head, Dynamo had a curious look upon his face. "Chelsea had told you some of her past before, Pencil? What did she say?" He asks, before turning back to Chelsea, who said that she would explain. He still gave a small smile as he thought Pencil was very kind in offering to ease Chelsea's sadness. He soon took notice of Chelsea, who pulled back her hair to reveal a pony ear. She seemed similar to Thundy, who had the same design of being part pony and part griffon. The one thing that was different between the two was that she had a cutie mark of a blue ying and yang sign surrounded by two tidal waves. However, it appeared that Thundy had no cutie mark. "I didn't know that you have a pony ear or a cutie mark. Does that mean that you're kind of like what Thundy is? I remember he said that he was from a different world, but turned into a griffon and pony." He wasn't trying to assume, but he was curious as he didn't know much about Chelsea. At the same time, it seemed that she and Thundy still had a sort of air of mystery surrounding them.

• Brohoof 2

@Dynamo Pad @Kronos the Revenant @ExplosionMare @PawelS @Ragland Tiger @Samurai Equine

”Take a look at my ears Dynamo.” Thundy said gathering some electricity and shapeshifting back to his feral form. He walked up to Dynamo and pulled back his dreadlocks revealing one of his ears. It was just like ones on those batponies. “I on the other hand have no cutie mark because I have more Griffon in me.” Thundy explained. 

• Brohoof 1

@Ragland Tiger @ExplosionMare @Samurai Equine @PawelS @Kronos the Revenant @C. Thunder Dash

As Thundy had addressed the blue unicorn, Dynamo watched as the male griffon used both electricity and shapeshifting. Turning back into his feral form, Dynamo blinked in surprise as Thundy had approached him. He was wondering why Thundy had done what he did, until he revealed one of his ears. It didn't look to be like a pony's ear, but more along the lines of a bat pony. "So, it's like the opposite for the both of you? You have bat pony, but you're more griffon? While Chelsea has griffon, but she's more pony? Unless it's the opposite where she's pony, but part griffon, as well." He wondered as he was slightly confused. It was to be expected as he had never met anyone like Chelsea and Thundy before, until meeting them in Friendshire.

• Brohoof 3

@C. Thunder Dash @Dynamo Pad @PawelS @Samurai Equine @Kronos the Revenant @Ragland Tiger

Pencil was glad Chelsea was brave enough to tell the story on her own. However, if she still needed help, Pencil was happy to provide it. As the griffons began to converse with Dynamo and the others, she was very interested to find that Thundy was part batpony and Chelsea was part pony. They probably had the most unique heritage she'd ever known of. This inspired many questions, all which Pencil was hoping to ask once Chelsea had told her story.

"Your heritage is really cool, guys! I'd like to know more about it later if that's okay," she said to both griffons.

Although the heritage questions could not be answered right away, she could still ask questions about Kronos and his culture. Turning towards the cyborg enthusiastically, she asked,

"Do ponies in your culture go into battle a lot because you're attacked a lot or you do it for some sort of conquest purpose?"

• Brohoof 1

@ExplosionMare

”My people fought for conquest,” Kronos answered, “Although, according to the stories of my ancestors, we used to be a massive jumble of disorganized cities. We still had our clans, Argent, Stromhelm, Urvex, and Reaver, clans named after the four original generals of Ragnarok. I hailed from the Reaver clan. We all sought expansion of our lands, initially for honor but it soon turned to a battle royale for power. Eventually, the Reaver clan came out on top. We went back to our tradition of conquest until we suddenly stopped. That was until my sister and I were born and were told stories of our ancestors. It really inspired us to try to recreate the glory our ancestors once had. The short end of that sub story was she was physically powerful beyond belief. I was a technological savant. Together, we multiplied the landmass of our kingdom ten times in a matter of a few years. After that, the only time that there was any fighting was usually pacification and quashing coup attempts.”

• Brohoof 2

@ExplosionMare @Dynamo Pad @Kronos the Revenant @Ragland Tiger @PawelS @Samurai Equine

"Chelsea is actually a pure hybrid. A pure hybrid means that she has complete equal split between breeds. Meanwhile I'm what is called an imperfect hybryid. If I was pure half griffon and half Batpony, I'd have small fangs like a batpony." Thundy explained. 

• Brohoof 2

@C. Thunder Dash

"I don't recall hearing about pure hybrids in school, but I think I've heard of relationships among creatures. My mom and dad told me that some ponies had a relationship with a creature. I wasn't sure if a child between the two creatures was possible, but I guess it's not impossible now." He would say, nodding in understanding to Thundy's explanation. "I guess being brought to our world had changed you into an imperfect hybrid, or something along those lines. I mean, do you remember anything before turning into your griffon/batpony self? I remember you showed me that you have your griffon form and your feral form."

• Brohoof 1

@Dynamo Pad

"You see, it's all about genetics...and which creature is which." Thundy said as he gathered some electricity and shapeshifted back to his anthro form. He then made a touchable 3d image of a long strand of DNA appear. "DNA, is what makes up every creature's characteristics." Thundy explained as he took the 3d image of DNA and morphed it into a set of 23 pairs of chromosomes. "The DNA is stored within chromosomes, which each chromosome determines the characteristic, like fur color. However, there is what is called a trisomy, which a chromosome pair has three chromosomes instead of the two." Thundy said adding a chromosome to one of the pairs. "You're a unicorn. You have a trisomy in one of your chromosome pairs that gives you the unicorn type." Thundy explained as he made a 3d image of Dynamo himself appear next to the trisomy of chromosomes.  

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

@Dynamo Pad, @C. Thunder Dash, @ExplosionMare, @PawelS, @Ragland Tiger, @Kronos the Revenant

A lot just happened in a short span. However, thanks to Chelsea and Kronos, Finn was set free and his eyes return to normal.
He blinks a few times as he regains his bearings. "Uh... Wha... What happened?" But when he looks at his friends, he remembers right away. "Chelsea! Thundy!" He leaps over and gives each of them a tiny little hug. But he also sees someone else he remembers.
"It's my robot friend, Mr. Prince Kronos!" He goes over and gives him a tiny little hug too. "Thank you! You really set my free. How can I repay you all?"

...Tree Song and Nopony point something out. It gives Finn something to think about.
He waits til there is a break in the conversation. Hearing about Kronos' culture and genetics was awesome. He really wanted to soak it all in, but he knew everyone wanted answers.

'... That's right. My name isn't actually Finn. My real name is Final Premonition. I didn't want to say too much or learn too much cause I didn't want to make a mess of this timeline. But I think I all ready have... Please don't be mad at me. I wasn't trying to trick anyone." Finn, or rather Final, explains while rubbing the back of his head. Until he remembers one other person. "Well... Except for Kaiser, that is. I said I'd use my time travel magic on him to force him out, but that was a bluff. I'm actually still learning how to use time travel magic." Finn explains.

He pulls out his pocket watch again. "Minutes ago, I found a magic quartz in my home town. A very small one. According to a book I found on time magic, there was a theory that some magic quartz stones could tap into time magic. I put one in a pocket watch, and it brought me here to Friendshire, to this timeline in the future. But I'm not entirely sure why. I feel like this magic sent me here for a reason. Maybe this was it? Maybe it wanted to warn me about Kaiser, or to help reunite him with Kronos?" Final speculates out loud.

@Windy Breeze

Trilby waits patiently outside for his marefriend. ...Oh, look! A bit! Somepony must have dropped it. A free bit for Trilby.
Then Shadow comes out. "Great! And we're almost at the nature walk. Shall we?" He leads the way.

It really doesn't take long to get to the nature walk center. At the check in building, there is a pony who will be their guide. "Thank you for choosing the Friendshire Nature Walk. We will be going through a special park with a protected pathway to make sure none of the more wild animals can harm you. Photography is welcome, but you must turn the flash off. Some animals will be safe for petting. Any questions before we begin?" The guide pony asks in a very monotone voice.

Edited by Samurai Equine
  • Brohoof 1

@Samurai Equine @Kronos the Revenant @Dynamo Pad @C. Thunder Dash

“So the conquest thing is more of a dying tradition, then,” Pencil reasoned.

It was fascinating to here about this foreign land and even more fascinating to hear about how it used to be run. Pencil wanted to inquire more, but Thundy began explaining his genetics. Pencil found that just as intriguing, so she listened in.

“Wait, so I have one of those ‘tri’ things, too? Is that supposed to work as a mutation or something?” she asked when Thundy finished speaking.

The final and most important discussion that occurred was between Finn, of “Final”, and the rest of the group. He said that he was indeed utilizing time travel magic for a purpose. As to what the purpose was, neither he nor anyone else had an inkling as to what it was. Pencil supposed that, like everything in this town, the purpose would be revealed at the right time.

“Final, we aren’t sure what your purpose is either, but judging by how this town works, I don’t think you’ll have to wait too long to find out what it is,” she told the colt with a determined smile.

• Brohoof 2

As Thundy began to explain about genetics, Dynamo watched as he began to make a 3D image in the form of a strand of DNA. Dynamo had a look of confusion, but it was only because he didn't really understand the subject. He thought it was somewhat interesting, nonetheless. "I guess it makes sense with the whole fur color, or even eye color. I think it's based around the parents. Like how one would be the dominant gene and the other would be recessive gene." He explained, before seeing a 3D image of himself forming next to the trisomy of chromosomes. He looked over to Pencil, who had given her thoughts of a possible mutation to be a unicorn. "I could probably see that, but there is one thing I'm wondering. If the trisomy is meant to be a unicorn type, then why would my horn be the way that it is now. I mean, my dad is a pegasus and my mom is a unicorn. My mom has a normal horn like Bluebell's or Pencil's. However, my horn is like this. Almost like Sam's, in a way."

Dynamo's ears perked as he heard Finn's voice. He looked over towards the young colt, before sighing in relief that he was back to normal. "Glad to see that you're awake and safe, Finn. I thought something bad was going to happen." He would say, while still feeling guilty that he didn't do anything to help. What really caught Dynamo off guard was Finn admitting that his name wasn't Finn. Instead, his true name was Final Premonition. His eyes shrank as he couldn't believe what he was witnessing. "F-Final? I-I mean, how? I met you before, but still." He was stumped as he didn't understand how it was possible. Even through the admittance of time travel magic, it still didn't add up. If this was Final from when he was younger, then where was the Final he had met days ago? Was it possible for two Final's to be present in this time at this moment? It seemed possible for a time paradox, but that would be questions for later. 

As he asked for the others to not be mad at him, Dynamo shook his head with a smile. "You don't have to apologize for anything, Final, or should we stick to calling you Finn? At any rate, we know you had good intentions at the end of the day." He says, watching as Finn pulled out what possibly could be the same pocket watch he used when he first met him. As he explained how he was able to travel to the future, Dynamo wondered about the reason in which Final was brought here. He looked over towards Pencil, while nodding as he agreed with her statement. "Hmm...I'm not entirely sure on the reason, but Pencil is right. Whatever the reason in which brought you here, then I know for sure that you'll find it. Maybe it was to meet with this Crow that you were speaking of. Do you happen to know who he is or where he lives?"

• Brohoof 2

@Dynamo Pad @ExplosionMare  @Samurai Equine @PawelS @Kronos the Revenant @Ragland Tiger

"The shape of the horn is determined by how each of the individual chemical bases are lined within the strand itself. A regular pattern, like this..." Thundy said splitting the strand of DNA, showing the different bases in different colors for a normal horned unicorn, "...is for a regular horn, while this pattern..." Thundy said as he recalibrated the bases into the pattern for a curved horn, "...is for the curved horn, just like you Dynamo. But see, here's the thing...mutations. A mutation must've happened causing the bases to change, resulting in a curved horn." Thundy explained. 

Thundy felt a little hug, and looked down, seeing Finn. He smiled at him and patted his head. 

Chelsea giggled softly and hugged Finn back. "I just knew there was more to you Finn. I recognized it when you started tagging along with us from the McDaffodils." Chelsea stated. 

• Brohoof 1

Dynamo gave a sort of deadpanned expression as Thundy explained how the mystery behind his curved horn. "I'm not sure if that's how it works. I mean, I believe you, Thundy. It's just that the doctors said it was a defect as it wasn't like regular horns. So, my magic wouldn't be as strong, or I wouldn't be able to mold magic at all. As time went on, I was finally able to find the magic within me. Along with finding my special talent in video games. I still struggle with magic, but I'm kind of starting to understand. The game world kind of helped in that regard. Even so, I'm still trying to figure it out as time goes on. I remember when I went to the library in town with Pastel and Astral. While we were looking for some information on the mayors and the town, I managed to find a book on unique unicorns. Basically, the same unicorns that Samurai originated from. There was even a unicorn in the book that looked somewhat like me, but very different. I don't want to make any assumptions, but perhaps I had an old ancestor who originated from Mistmane's village. I'm not sure if it's true or not, but I'm glad I'm starting to slowly understand my family history." He explained as he was never really told about his ancestors from his parents. 

• Brohoof 1

@Dynamo Pad @C. Thunder Dash

Pencil nodded at Thundy in an appreciative way, excited about all the genetic talk. Dynamo, however, seemed completely uninterested. It was a shame since finding out scientific facts about traits was very intriguing, but she could see how that would bore or even confuse others. Secretly wanting to continue the genetics conversation, she explained to Dynamo,

“What Thundy is trying to say is that, if your horn did happen to be a mutation rather than a defect, then all that happened is that a few letters in your DNA switched around, got replaced, or just went away entirely. All of the little pieces of your DNA have to be specific in order to match up to what is considered a “normal trait”. If, for example, you had a strand that was supposed to be “ATG” but something happened and it turned into “ACG” instead. The change in protein, even though it’s small, could cause a “mutation”, which just means you got something in your genes that was unexpected. What also could’ve happened is that you got a recessive trait, meaning your parents carry all the proteins for a trait but they don’t display it themselves. If both or one of your parents have a recessive trait for curved horns, it could’ve been passed down to you that way,”

Pencil’s eyes lit up the more she spoke. She was completely fascinated by this type of science. She didn’t want to become a scientist or anything, but genetics made sense to her, and that was all that mattered. Dynamo might not have understood anything she said, but she was willing to risk it in order to get her inner nerd out into the open for a moment.

• Brohoof 1

@ExplosionMare @C. Thunder Dash

As Pencil went on to explain in further detail of Thundy's earlier discussion. Dynamo nodded as he listened to his friend's words. When Pencil spoke, it seemed like everything was beginning to make a lot more sense. "I never really thought about it that way. I do appreciate what Thundy had said, but I guess it sounded confusing, in a way. That, or I just didn't truly get it. I suppose it was because after what I was told about what happened to me when I was born. I just assumed that I wouldn't be normal or fit in with others, or to be accepted." He would say, unintentionally bringing up his worries from his past. Shaking his head, he looked back to Pencil with a kind smile. "I'm sorry about that, but thank you for explaining that, Pencil. I know that some ponies can have parents that aren't of the same race as they are. So, maybe my mom or dad had someone in their family who was a unicorn from old Equestria. Sometimes I do wonder if having this horn means that the way I use magic could be used differently." He wondered as he placed a hoof upon his chin. 

• Brohoof 2

@Dynamo Pad @ExplosionMare

"Hold on a minute..." Thundy said realizing that Dynamo did say that his dad was a pegasus. "That doesn't make sense at all. The father has the dominant trait while the mother has the recessive trait. You should've been a pegasus since your dad was a pegasus...but wait...I think I just figured it out..." Thundy said making a 2d image of a Punnet Square appear in his talon, with the letters "Uu" on the vertical axis and the letters "Pp" on the horizontal axis.

[spoiler]image.jpeg.3b9ddc109b8ed3226b3f202916df9135.jpeg [/spoiler]

"Look at the light green square. Apparently Dynamo, you are one of the extremely rare cases. 99% of foals born who's father is a pegasus, is a pegasus. The other 1% could be the mother's breed. In Chelsea's case, a pure hybrid. The light green square displays the father's trait being recessive and the mother's trait being dominant." Thundy explained. 

• Brohoof 1

@Dynamo Pad @C. Thunder Dash

Pencil wagged her tail excitedly at the mention of Dynamo being a genetically special unicorn. Her nerdiness was on full blast at this point. Not only that, but she was glad she was able to clear some things up for her friend. Now that he was beginning to understand a few things, he could really learn a lot about himself if he wanted to.

What Thundy had mentioned about Dynamo’s genetics made her think of her own. Her mother and sister were pegasi although her and her father were unicorns. She wondered if Thundy’s information lined up with her family’s reality.

“About what you said Thundy, does that same stuff apply if the mother is a pegasus? I-I guess that’s a silly question, but I was just wondering since my mom and sister are pegasi and my dad and I are unicorns,” she inquired to the griffon.

• Brohoof 1

@Dynamo Pad, @C. Thunder Dash, @ExplosionMare, @PawelS, @Ragland Tiger, @Kronos the Revenant

The revelations made clear by Dynamo and Chelsea surprise the young Final. "You know me? I've been here before?! That means this is not the first time I've traveled to this timeline! So there really is something special about this place... There has to be if I keep coming back here." Final says. His mind fills with all the possibilities.

He does take a moment to hear out their conversation about genetics. "Umm, excuse me, Thundy? But your knowledge of Equestrian DNA is a little incomplete. Most of what you said is true, but when the magic-infused genes of unicorns are passed from parent to child, it can have varied effects. Most of the time, it might follow the basic genetic rules you've mentioned. However, there are times when magic can make recessive genes dominate, and vice versa, and so on. I am not sure how exact the medical science is in this timeline specifically, but in mine, doctors often say that having a unicorn as a parent can almost give you a genetic wild card. Never quite know what you might get. The rarest thing to create would be an alicorn. But in my timeline, nopony has EVER seen one being born. They just exist somehow. Like Celestia."

@Windy Breeze

"There are a large variety of animals, both big and small, land and flight-capable. We don't have any aquatic animals because the local aquarium is better capable of taking care of them. Right this way, please." The guide says, again in a monotone way. The doors to the park open, and it's a LARGE park. The path way has safety fences, but beyond that, you'd never be able to see any walls no matter how much you look around. So there is definitely enough room for the animals to play around. "Closest to us, you'll see birds of all kinds, both common and exotic. If you look closely, you might see a phoenix or a peafowl, to name a few." The guide points them out.

• Brohoof 2