Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open The Town That Friendship Forgot

Samurai Equine

@Dynamo Pad

"While I certainly agree with that, you may not always have the belt with you to help you out. The next step is to try this without the belt, dig deep into your memories like I do to bring out the same things you can do with the belt." Thundy stated as he waited for Dynamo to take aim at the targets. 

• Brohoof 2

@C. Thunder Dash

"I guess that would be a good next step, but I'm not sure if it would be possible. Granted, I think that idea of digging deep into my memories would be a good plan. However, I think it's more suitable towards you. Since I'm not sure if I'm able to summon these kinds of weapons at will without the belt. It's all about testing and learning what can be done and what can't be done." He explained, before taking aim at the moving targets. Like before, he tried to feel the cold sensation as he tried to prepare an ice spell. However, something felt off or different. As he looked at the targets, the blue unicorn's vision seemed to have changed. Almost as if each target was being locked on at different points. The keyblade began to glow a bright light, before five beams of light were launched. Almost as if they had a mind of their own. The beams traveled to each target. One to two hitting the bullseye, while the rest had hit the target, but were a bit off the mark. 

• Brohoof 2

@Dynamo Pad

Thundy watched as Dynamo prepared to aim at the targets. He noticed how focused Dynamo was on the targets. When Dynamo fired, he saw the shards separate and hone in on the corresponding target. "Yes! Awesome." Thundy cheered. "How'd that feel?" He asked. 

• Brohoof 2

@C. Thunder Dash @Ragland Tiger @ExplosionMare @PawelS

Dynamo panted as he tried to catch his breath from the spell/attack. He blinked as he heard Thundy cheering, before turning towards the male griffon. He smiled softly as he tried to think of how to respond to his friend's question. "Honestly? I-I'm not sure. I know I was trying to go for that spell like you were saying, but it felt different." He would say, trying to figure out what had happened. Suddenly, a thought of realization had hit the gaming unicorn. "Wait a minute. Now I remember! That wasn't an ice spell I did before. That was a special attack called a shot lock. The user selects a number of targets they want into order to attack them. However, instead of magic, there's also focus involved. Once you use enough magic and focus, you're able to launch beams of light towards the intended targets. It felt weird/different, but it wasn't that bad." He would say, before it felt as if something had swept over Dynamo. His vision grew hazy, the world felt like it was dancing and he felt weak at the knees. He placed his keyblade onto the ground, while leaning onto the hilt of the blade to keep his balance. However, the keyblade soon faded in a flash of light as he dropped to the ground in a sitting position.

• Brohoof 1

@Dynamo Pad

“Whoa there buddy...looks like that last attack sapped you out of your energy...here, lemme hook you up.” Thundy said as he rested a talon on Dynamo’s back. He then let a slow and gentle current run through Dynamo. It felt a little tingly, but it restored Dynamo’s energy. “Gotta remember some attacks may take a lot more energy than you think...” Thundy said as he made his keyblade disappear. 

• Brohoof 2

@C. Thunder Dash

Dynamo continued to take deep breaths as he felt severely drained of energy. He felt something on his back, but he couldn't crane his neck to see who it was. He managed to glance his eyes to the side to see yellow fur/feathers. Seeing that it was Thundy, Dynamo felt his energy was returning. He jumped slightly at the tingly sensation, but he soon relaxed and allowed the gentle current to run through him. After a moment, Dynamo's breathing became stable, before he stood back up on his hooves. He gave the griffon a thankful look as he was grateful for his help. "Thanks for the help, Thundy. I didn't think that last attack took so much out of me. It's like I said before. I was trying an elemental spell, but it turned out to not be what I was expecting." He says, before looking down at the driver. It seemed that there was a lot more to this belt than he anticipated. "I guess more training will be done in order to be able to figure out the belt. Do you think we should continue, or do you think we should take a break for the time being?" He asks, knowing that he just got his energy back. 

• Brohoof 2

@Dynamo Pad

”Welp, knowing that there are more cartridges and not knowing how much energy they require, let’s take a break. Besides, there are a few things I’d like to show you.” Thundy said as he gathered some electricity and made a bracelet appear on his wrist. The bracelet looked like one of those racing bands, but it was dear to Thundy. Thundy shapeshifted back into his feral form. 

• Brohoof 2

@ExplosionMare, @PawelS

"...You had better be right about this. I don't like traveling this far for night." Ms. Elusive Facts tells her camera crew as they walk up in the distance. However, the first pony they run into is Pencil Pouch (and Tree Song & Nopony, if you want to include the, too). "Oh, excuse me... Wait, I think I remember you. From the video game, right? Pencil, if I remember correctly. Elusive Facts, star reporter for Friendshire News, doesn't forget a face! Do you think you could help us for a second? We're chasing a hot rumor that might just make for the next great news story."

• Brohoof 2

@Samurai Equine @ExplosionMare

Nopony and Tree Song decide to go to the inn, as Bluebell suggested. However, they notice the news reporter talking to Pencil, so they stop to see what's going on. The druid doesn't like to be in the center of attention, so he stays out of the camera's view. But Tree proceeds to greet her friend from the video game.

"Hello Elusive, nice to meet you again" she says happily. "How can I help you?"

• Brohoof 1

@C. Thunder Dash

Hearing that they could take a break, Dynamo sighed as he sat back down on the ground. "That's a relief. Don't get me wrong. I'm always down to be training, but it's always good to take a break every now and then. Plus, I think I learned something about the belt." He would say, looking down at the Game Driver. "I think the belt is linked to my magic. So, when I put it on my waist, all the magic I use goes towards the belt too. So, I can launch magic from my horn or create a weapon or power. So, I guess that means I have to find a balance, or train up so that my magic isn't drained to a high degree." He explains, while wondering how Bluebell's training was going. He was about to glance over towards the other part of the field, before the male griffon grabbed his attention. "You have something to show me, Thundy? What might those few things be?" He asks, taking notice of a bracelet that appeared on the griffon's wrist. "I hope you don't mind me ask, but what's that on your wrist? It looks pretty cool, in my opinion." He says as he saw Thundy turn back into his feral form.

• Brohoof 1

@Samurai Equine @PawelS

Pencil looked up from her drawings and saw, to her surprise, Elusive Facts and a few cameraponies trotting behind her. Elusive had asked Pencil if she was interested in helping with a story. Not only did Pencil need something to do, but she loved stories, so she would gladly help.

“Sure, I’d love to help! Just let me know what I need to do,” she exclaimed.

Pencil noticed that water Pencil was still sitting down, admiring the drawings. Real Pencil felt that water Pencil should participate if she wanted to, even if she was just tagging along. Pointing towards her to show Elusive, she asked,

“Is it okay if water Pencil tags along? She’s exactly what it sounds like, a water version of me. I’m not sure how involved in the story she would get but she might just like to hang out,”

She noticed from afar that Tree Song and Nopony were passing by. They noticed Elusive and her crew and had offered to help. Pencil waved to both of them, happy to see they were participating as well.

“Hi guys! I’m glad you’re helping out, too, this could be fun!” she beamed.

• Brohoof 1

@Dynamo Pad

"You'll see." Thundy said as he started to back up a little bit. He had to have enough room for a running start. He crouched down as if he was about to launch into a sprint. He had an image of the famous Mitsubishi Lancer Evo VI Tommi Makinen Edition with the famous rally stripe. Thundy took off into a sprint and leaped up into the air. His body glowed a bright white as he was transforming into the Lancer he envisioned. Thundy landed on all four tires and pulled a 180 drift, accelerating and stopping in front of Dynamo. "Well? What do you think? Don't worry Dynamo. I'm still Thundy, I pulled what is called a basic soul transfer via this bracelet." Thundy said. His voice sounded like it was coming from a speaker horn, like the ones on those megaphones. 

• Brohoof 1

@C. Thunder Dash

As Thundy backed up a bit, Dynamo watched as the griffon got onto all fours. Almost as if he was about to take off into a sprinting motion. Once he took off running and into the air, Dynamo noticed that Thundy had begun to glow a bright light. As the light faded, he noticed that Thundy was nowhere to be seen. Instead, a sort of vehicle had appeared, while pulling a 180 drift. The gaming unicorn winced and braced for a possible impact. He breathed a sigh of relief as the vehicle stopped inches from him. He wondered what kind of vehicle this was, as well as where Thundy had gone off to. However, he could hear the griffon's voice loud and clear. "Thundy? Is that you? Where are you?" He asks, before being told that the vehicle was Thundy. He blinked for a moment as all felt pretty quiet. He jaw suddenly dropped as he couldn't believe what he heard. "Wait, what!? Y-You turned into a vehicle? I mean, how is that even possible?" He asks as he wasn't sure what a soul transfer was with the bracelet. Suddenly a thought soon crossed his mind. "Am I having a discussion with a car right now? One could say I probably lost my mind." He chuckled as he was joking around. With everything that had happened recently in the game world. It felt like this was sort of a normal occurrence of sorts.

• Brohoof 2

@Dynamo Pad

"Soul transfer. With the bracelet, it gives me the ability to envision the vehicle that I want to become. I then transfer my soul into that vehicle, which is what causes the transformation. Of course, I can reverse this easily." Thundy said as he steered around Dynamo. "Care for a quick little ride?" Thundy asked opening the driver door. 

• Brohoof 2

@C. Thunder Dash

"Glad to know that you can reverse the ability. I can imagine it'd be a little awkward being stuck like that." Dynamo responded, still trying to wrap his mind on the idea of a soul transfer. As Thundy opened the driver door, Dynamo raised an eyebrow at the idea of taking a ride. "So, how would this work, exactly? I mean, am I driving or are you driving? Are there things like a steering wheel, acceleration pedal, and a brake pedal?" He asks, wondering how the driving process would go.

• Brohoof 2

@Dynamo Pad

"You know of course I'd be the driver. It's a dangerous thing if someone interferes with a soul transferred vehicle." Thundy stated. "I'd be in control of everything in the car, including the technology." Thundy explained as he waited for Dynamo to hop in. 

• Brohoof 2

@C. Thunder Dash

"So, I'm guessing there's no steering wheel and such in regards to this soul transfer between griffon and car? I guess it could make sense since it wouldn't affect the transferred soul and vehicle concept. In relation to what you mentioned on interference." Dynamo explained, thinking for a moment as Thundy assured him that the griffon would be in control. After a moment, he sighed with a smile. "Okay, then. Let's see what this vehicle is capable of. Just one moment." He says, before closing the lever of the driver.

GACHAN! GASHAT!
(Click and close) (Click and save)

The voices sounded deeper than normal. Almost as if Dynamo was placing the Driver into sleep mode like a game console. "Sorry about that, Thundy. I wanted to turn the Driver off just in case when are driving. I wouldn't want to randomly summon something and cause any damage to the vehicle. That, and I wouldn't want to drain my energy out of nowhere. Better to be safe than sorry, if you ask me." He says, before making his way into the driver's seat of the vehicle. "Uh, there's seatbelts for this car, right? Also, what kind of vehicle is this?" He asks, wanting to make sure he knew what he was getting himself into.

• Brohoof 2

@Dynamo Pad

"Here. I gotcha." Thundy said buckling Dynamo up in a 3-point racing seat belt. Thundy's Lancer had a whopping 700hp and it took off like a rocket. It was faster than his Raptor, made more for high speed trailblazing. "You ready?" Thundy asked as he set his music to a high energy rock track. The stereo system HUD displayed "Kickstart My Heart - Möntley Crüe". Thundy wouldn't start the song until Dynamo was ready. 

• Brohoof 1

@C. Thunder Dash

Dynamo smiled softly as he was grateful that the vehicle had seatbelts. Buckling into the 3-point racing seat belt, Dynamo took in his surroundings. It was more enclosed as it was a two seater kind of vehicle. It wasn't like the vehicle he was in before with Thundy and Iron, while they had gone dune hopping. Looking over towards the HUD display, he noticed a song name and what appeared to be a group. Judging by the name of the song, Dynamo had a worrying suspicion. "Uh...Thundy?" He asks with a gulp. "H-How fast does this vehicle go? I-I'm not going to be sick or anything, right?" He didn't mind the roller coaster as he was having fun with his friends. This just felt a little scary to the blue unicorn. 

• Brohoof 1

@Dynamo Pad

"With the power of 700 horses, this thing could go over 200 miles per hour..." Thundy said as he cued up the music. 

When the hard rhyhtm guitars came in (go to 0:10), Thundy revved the engine loudly. "Oh yea! Let's do this!" He said through the audio system. He initated the launch control, causing the engine exhaust to pop continuously as if someone was making popcorn. The engine was held at 4000rpm as the turbos spooled up. As soon as the main riff came in (go to 0:23), Thundy launched off the line hard, accelerating up to 80mph in a mere 2 seconds, pinning Dynamo to the seat. "Woo!" Thundy cheered as he pulled a drift around a wide corner going 85mph. 

• Brohoof 1

@C. Thunder Dash

Once the music began to play, Dynamo felt a sudden chill run down his spine. "Why do I sense a bad omen?" He asks, muttering to himself at the mention of how fast this vehicle could go. "Uh...is it too late for me to have second thoughts? Huh? T-Thundy, buddy?" He asks, his ears falling at the engine roared to life. He chuckled lightly as his eyes began to shrink. As the vehicle took off, Dynamo felt himself become pinned to the seat. "SWEET CELESTIA!" He exclaimed as the vehicle reached 80mph, before drifting around a wide corner.

• Brohoof 1

@Dynamo Pad

Thundy accelerated hard out of the corner, now hitting 100mph. With the rock music blasting, he swerved through a triple slalom, pulling a full 360 drift, pinning Dynamo to the driver's seat once more. "Heck yes! I still got them 360s in me!" Thundy cheered as he approached a crest (jump). Thundy took the crest causing a pop of hard airtime like the roller coaster. The Lancer landed back on the ground, the suspension absorbing the landing forces. 

• Brohoof 2

@C. Thunder Dash

Accelerating out of the corner, Dynamo felt himself being pinned to the driver's side once more. "Now I know what a pancake feels like!" He exclaims, while wonder if this was payback for not having Thundy's hot cakes. With a side to side turn into a drift, Dynamo's ears fell as he heard Thundy's cheer. Almost as if his cheering was linked to the revving roar of the engine. "Glad to know you're having fun! Is there any chance of this vehicle slowing down a little, please?" He asks, but his question was left in the air as they reached a jump. Upon reaching the crest, Dynamo felt as if he was floating in mid-air. Due to the car being an airtime. He felt his heart stop for a brief moment, while remembering how he was on the roller coaster. He gave a yell that sounded like a cheer as the Lancer made it back towards the ground. Dynamo was thankful that he was in the 3-point racing seat belt. Along with the suspension absorbing the impact. Otherwise, he would be really concerned for his safety.

• Brohoof 2

@Dynamo Pad

Thundy made another drift around a corner and it seemed like they were returning to the field. Thundy pulled a reverse-entry drift around a hairpin turn, the tires spinning wildly. If Dynamo looked behind him, he'd see a huge cloud of dirt and dust kicked up by Thundy. Thundy accelerated hard out the corner and made one final dash on the straightaway, peaking at 185mph. Thundy slammed on the brakes, pulling a 90-degree stop. "Phew...gotta love that trailblazing." Thundy said. The song had ended just as Thundy came to a stop. 

• Brohoof 2

@C. Thunder Dash

After another drift around the corner, Dynamo could slightly see that they were returning to the field. He gasped as Thundy pulled a reverse-entry drift around the hairpin turn. To Dynamo, it felt like they were going to spin out and crash. Thankfully, Thundy was able to even out as he dashed to the straightaway. The gaming unicorn felt himself being pinned from the high speed, before being thrown forward from the slammed breaks. He was still in his seatbelt, but it still felt painful, nonetheless. Dynamo could feel himself shaking as his heartbeat raced as the song had come to an end. He felt he had lost his voice as he was unable to form any words or sentences from the ride.

• Brohoof 2