The MLP games chatroom

You

Whether fanmade or not.

Do you got anything to recommend?  What have you played in the past?

If you don't know what to play or what does exist, here are some few suggestions:

Overview free MLP games in the fandom - Sugarcube Corner - MLP Forums

Sooo~~~....

I actually started with the kinda famous Ponyvania, a mockup of Castlevania. It is of surprisingly high quality - The only current class I haven't played yet are Bat ponies.

Also, the game can be pretty hard - so I stick to normal difficulty and not hard or brutal. :worry:

Other games I have played include the MLP RPG 1 & 2 (Cutie Mark Crusader Warriors) by Nurse Dashie, which are pretty Final-Fantasy-ish (NES/SNES era), the former being a ponified version of FF1, and the latter comes with an original storyline but kinda uses the class system of FF3.

I also tried out Legends of Equestria quite some time ago, I think when it went public beta, but it felt pretty empty to me.

Currently? I still have to finish RPG2: CMCW, for optional stuff, and else I am playing Ponyage:Chronicles, a 2D MMORPG which I am quite impressed with! It lacks some explanation on some stuff, so it doesn't hurt to ask somepony else about your questionmarks in there.

Dishonorable mentions are also written in my link above - for me, these are basically these "horror games with seeing ponies dieing, or knowing that they just did a minute ago, with blood or body parts lying around. I find them pretty tasteless to me, unfortunately. :worry: 

So...what about you?

@Booker

@Steve Piranha @Lex Destrosio @Anneal  @SparklingSwirls

@Catpone Cerberus @SolarFlare13

• Brohoof 3

Most I can remember are Legacy of the Pony. quality gameboy like 2D platformer. So much quality you may mistake it as an official game.

another one would be Twilight Escape. Home of the NOPE of NOPEs :sealed:

I was thinking ponies could use a game with story and fighting, but with Animal Crossing, I figure an official pony game (non mobile that is), would be better fit for it. Speaking of such, Them’s Fightin’ Herds is getting it’s 1.0 release, assuming it goes smoothly, tonight :yay:

• Brohoof 1

20 minutes ago, Bas said:

Care to tell about more about either? :dash:

Know nuthin' of Legacy, but Them's Fightin' Herds was originally the fangame Fighting Is Magic. In early-2013, Hasbro sent a C&D, cancelling development. However, Lauren Faust, who liked the game herself, contacted the development team and asked if she can help in creating new characters. So, Mane6 (the development team's name) and Faust went to work on creating an official, publishable game with new characters and new setting.

• Brohoof 1

I haven't yet played that many pony games, I used to visit pony town and I have Dergun town open in a tab, I also played the official mobile game at one point.

I have also played a game called D'lirium, it's a horror shooter from top-down view with ponies, I bought it as a joke but it ended up being interesting enough that I'm planning to collect all the achievements in it  when ever it's ready (early access game in steam) 

I'm also closely following the Ambient.White game from the A Little Bit Different Team.

• Brohoof 1

15 hours ago, Dark Qiviut said:

Know nuthin' of Legacy, but Them's Fightin' Herds was originally the fangame Fighting Is Magic. In early-2013, Hasbro sent a C&D, cancelling development. However, Lauren Faust, who liked the game herself, contacted the development team and asked if she can help in creating new characters. So, Mane6 (the development team's name) and Faust went to work on creating an official, publishable game with new characters and new setting.

There are also some leaks and further developed builds from the game, and I think even different kind of editions.

Not sure if we are allowed to link to any here. Some of them are def playable or even very good.

3 hours ago, Lyra Heartstrings TR said:

Legend of equestria..

Psst, @SolarFlare13 plays it as well. ;)

Ponyvania released an update some time ago introducing two additional races. :P

• Brohoof 2

• 2 months later...