Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Your favorite character's finest hour?

ggg-2

For Rainbow Dash, it’s either the first Sonic Rainboom, quitting the Academy to do what she thought was right in Wonderbolts Academy, or the Scootaloo fanclub

• Brohoof 3

For Dashie I'm picking when she takes Scoots under her wing. Now this was intended as a sisterly move but honestly, RD is almost like a mother figure to Scootaloo. And that's what made this scene so special, I think. 

• Brohoof 4

26 minutes ago, Lucky Bolt said:

For Dashie I'm picking when she takes Scoots under her wing. Now this was intended as a sisterly move but honestly, RD is almost like a mother figure to Scootaloo. And that's what made this scene so special, I think. 

CRAP I CAN'T BELIEVE I FORGOT THAT ONE!

Fluttershy’s mine.

• Overcoming childhood trauma to help transfer the reservoir water to Cloudesdale.
  • After helping him recover from his “normal” swoon, reminding Discord that they like each other because they care for one another regardless of how different they are.
  • Brohoof 1

Rarity - ooo, so many good moments... but finest hour?

"Secret of my Excess" has to rate up there. Rarity gets kidnapped by a dragon (actually a grown-up Spike (one version of such at least) although she didn't know that at the time) and tells him off for ripping her cape (a crime against FASHION!), refuses to give over her Fire Ruby because it was a gift from Spike, and even challenges him to eat her if he wants (it was offhand and she probably wasn't serious about it, but still, you have to give it up for my girl's bravery.) Then finds out the dragon WAS Spike, starts falling to her death along with him and still responds to his attempt at telling her his feelings for her with a gentle hoof to his lips. Then when rescued, she tells him he's a hero and cheers him up with a kiss... 

It's just a pity that the writers didn't know how to move that whole Spike Crushes on Rarity plot line along for at least the next four seasons. (I haven't gotten past Season 6, unfortunately... but I am on holiday, so perhaps now is the time to finish watching the series.)

Honorable mentions:

Threatens to tear a trio of teenage dragon to pieces for threatening her Spikey-Wikey - so brave.
Is willing to give up her tail to make a sad river serpent happy - so generous.
Smacking Changelings in the face with an awesome right hook - so right-hooky?
Is personally asked by Sapphire Shores to create her wardrobe for her latest tour based on rave-reviews of her fashion in Clothes Horse Magazine - so dreams-coming-true.
Opens multiple shops in Canterlot and beyond - so more-dreams-coming-true!

I could go on for hours, but this isn't my blog, so I won't! :grin:

When a simple librarian ascended, and became my beloved Princess Twilight Sparkle! I still get all misty when Celestia BOWS to her!

6 hours ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

In my opinion, Twilight Sparkle's finest hour was when she became an Alicorn. 

I didn't even see your post when i made mine!

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

It's every time the Mane Six did something amazing together. Finding the Tree of Harmony, defeating Nightmare Moon, the Cutie Map, all the hugs. The six of them are my favourites, so it's every time they were together that is their best moment for me. ;)

Edited by TomDaBombMLP
  • Brohoof 1

Well, for Rainbow Dash its either her first sonic rainboom or one of her moments with scootaloo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XdHTSO4iY_ , https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l6wqwZjTofo

For Luna, her moments in the dream realm, especially when she mentors the CMC.

Lightning dust, I can't really choose, maybe when she and dash reunite https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EscEI4kbxjw  , from antagonistic perspective its probably when she manipulates dash to do what she wanted in the training in wonderbolts academy or her conversation with dash, twilight and scootaloo.

And lastly for Sombra, he didn't have any real "fine" moment, so his best moment as a character(villain) its when he destroyed the tree of harmony:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_PVqFXLZR-s  Although his takeover the crystal city was great too https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2jLw0p4p0PQ

The Washouts shows Rainbow Dash at her most mature and her most relatable. You can tell that even though she's deeply hurt about Scootaloo rejecting her, she still supports and wants the best for her. The conflict is handled extremely well and it might just be her best outing.

• Brohoof 5

To not be too negative here, but the finest hour was Twilight dying scene in Magical Mystery Cure. It was beautiful, and powerful.

For me, Rainbow Dash quitting Wonderbolts Academy. She's had a lot of great moments, but that was the one time she almost abandoned her dream because loyalty was more important to her, and in the process arguably ended up making the Wonderbolts a better team than they otherwise would've been. Far less was at stake in Rainbow Falls, and most of her other cool adventures didn't pose any difficult internal conflict like that. Sleepless and Washouts are obviously great episodes for RD and Scootaloo's relationship, but at least to me that feels like the answer to a very different question than "RD's finest hour".

• Brohoof 2

• 1 year later...