Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

web What youtubers have you stopped watching?

Reecejackox

I used to watch Pewdiepie a long time ago. He finally annoyed me one too many times and I never really went back.

I used to watch all the big Minecraft YouTubers back in high school and kind of grew out of that phase. I only watch the lesser-known KurtJMac (his trek to the Far Lands continues on an old beta Minecraft save file) and Paulsoaresjr who occasionally comes back to Minecraft but is more focused on other games.

• Brohoof 1

leafyishere, pyrocynical and memeulous were awesome back in 2016 and 2017 but they just aged badly imo, especially leafy. memeulous stopped being funny back in 2019, pyrocynical stopped being entertaining a while ago, leafyishere's videos have just been shite since he came back to youtube

come to think of it, a lot of YouTubers peaked in 2016 and 2017

2 minutes ago, Prospekt said:

I used to watch Pewdiepie a long time ago. He finally annoyed me one too many times and I never really went back.

oh yeah i remember watching PewDiePie back in 2016 and early 2017

I stopped watching german youtubers a long time ago, once i actually got to know some english ones. I just like them more for some reason despite the fact that im german.

I used to love John Campea (Especially during the AMC Movie Talk days with him, Dennis Tzeng, and the late great Jon Schnepp), but starting late last year, I wasn't watching his videos as much. I still tune in sometimes, but things don't feel the same and I find that he flips flops his opinions sometimes.

Also, I kind of stopped watching Nostalgia Critic after finding out about that controversy.

Nostalgia Critic, I lost faith in when he started insulting fans of the Disney Live Action Remakes and the real Doug Walker not helping the situation with the Channel Not So Awesome debacle a few years back

• Brohoof 3

14 minutes ago, Will Guide said:

Nostalgia Critic, I lost faith in when he started insulting fans of the Disney Live Action Remakes and the real Doug Walker not helping the situation with the Channel Not So Awesome debacle a few years back

Doug and the person who used to run the website, screwed over a lot of the content creators. That’s why they left. Plus, it was becoming really toxic there. 

• Brohoof 1

13 minutes ago, Asbel Lhant said:

The Nostalgia Critic. I disagreed with many of his movie reviews even though I enjoyed them. But nowadays he just looks for excuses to shit on things.

2007-2012 Nostalgia Critic was brilliant. :D Now, you can tell he's getting sick of it. He still has the occasional good moments. I hate all the skits though.

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

jackscepticeye. I think his content and his personality has changed quite a bit since when he started and i don't like it anymore, or maybe i just started to notice some things with him and his character for "the show". Also i can only stand the shouting for so long. It's like Markiplier, I like some of his content but yeah their primary target is children so ehg.... i try more obscure youtubers for let's plays. Some barely have 1000 subs but they are cool :) 

Edited by Ittoni

(edited)
  • Game Grumps (Partially because of JonTron but also because I didn't like the videos too much)
  • JonTron (Watched him for a bit realized he's unfunny and also that he's a white nationalist)
  • Game Theory (Turns out his videos aren't compelling at all half the time, and his voice annoys me)
  • PeanutButterGamer (He kind of annoys me to be honest, and his videos aren't very great)
  • Various LoL YouTubers (The game is very toxic and most of them are toxic also)
  • Z1Unknown (He may be one of the best Paladins players, but I can't stand him)
Edited by Dusknoir

10 minutes ago, Dusknoir said:

Game Theory (Turns out his videos aren't compelling at all half the time, and his voice annoys me)

For a website calling itself the Smartest Show in Gaming, it's really terrible at doing research and making up excuses like "it's just a theory; a game theory".  to be an actual compelling conclusion, you need to consider both sides of the argument and bring up strong facts. 

2 minutes ago, Will Guide said:

For a website calling itself the Smartest Show in Gaming, it's really terrible at doing research and making up excuses like "it's just a theory; a game theory".  to be an actual compelling conclusion, you need to consider both sides of the argument and bring up strong facts. 

When it comes to theory-based Youtubers I'm a bit more fond of Lockstin even if he isn't necessarily the best for that either.

(edited)
1 hour ago, Will Guide said:

oh cmon guys. The game theory hate is a bit too silly. 

I love game theory but i'm certain that the vast majority of the people that watch it is not because the theories are correct, specially if it's lore based over the accuracy of imaginary characters on a videogame who are not suppose to even be possible logically because theres a reason for why they don't exist. We know is not correct, that is bonkers, BUT we watch it for the tangential learning. In fact the show was going to be called Tangential Learning something, but Theory is more cachy from a branding standpoint and they ARE brand strategists, so of course they are going to name it the more cachy option. I get to know about eastereggs or curious things about science and the world we live in with the excuse of the video game. That's what is appealing, and is definitely not for the hard core serious lore science types, is for the general audience who probably just wants to know the franchaise and learn something else in the process, casuals, like most people in the planet. Everything else, if the theory is right or not is circumstantial because that's on you to get into and get involved trying to better yourself to improve it but the kick was given, they just jumpstart you to get to know more about the themes they include in the video. For accuracy yeah you go and watch the expert on FNAF that swims on that all day and breaths FNAF seriously but is like going to the thrift store to buy a pizza. You don't go to the thrift store to buy good pizza you go somewhere else but maybe you don't want to go to pizzalianis because you are in a rush and you can find pizza there too, and frozen cheesecake and 3 gallons of liquid soap for the washing machine. .It doesn;t make any place any bad, they are just for different things.

So by hating on this for not being accurate you are missing the actual point for making this videos. Is not the theory is the learning and the exploration of those themes. 

I also watch DR. Lava and Lockstin. Is not one or the other. Like, why... 

Edited by Ittoni
  • Brohoof 2

I still can't believe I used to be a fan of Raz0rfist, especially now that he's kind of terrible for reasons beyond his garbage gaming takes

MatPat. 

Him royally screwing up the historical details on his For Honor vid, his dismissal of the criticisms his video's get and him abandoning his two parter projects have lost me as a follower. 

Also for the most part I've stopped watching WhatCulture Wrestling because the core team of Adam Pacitti, Jack, Sam and Ross who made the channel such a hit would split off to form their own channel, Cultaholic, while old team figurehead Adam Blampied would later join WrestleTalk, so I just watch those instead. The only member of the original team left is Simon Miller and while he's good, he isn't good enough to carry that channel on his own. I still read WC's articles though.

• Brohoof 2

22 hours ago, Ittoni said:

oh cmon guys. The game theory hate is a bit too silly. 

I love game theory but i'm certain that the vast majority of the people that watch it is not because the theories are correct, specially if it's lore based over the accuracy of imaginary characters on a videogame who are not suppose to even be possible logically because theres a reason for why they don't exist. We know is not correct, that is bonkers, BUT we watch it for the tangential learning. In fact the show was going to be called Tangential Learning something, but Theory is more cachy from a branding standpoint and they ARE brand strategists, so of course they are going to name it the more cachy option. I get to know about eastereggs or curious things about science and the world we live in with the excuse of the video game. That's what is appealing, and is definitely not for the hard core serious lore science types, is for the general audience who probably just wants to know the franchaise and learn something else in the process, casuals, like most people in the planet. Everything else, if the theory is right or not is circumstantial because that's on you to get into and get involved trying to better yourself to improve it but the kick was given, they just jumpstart you to get to know more about the themes they include in the video. For accuracy yeah you go and watch the expert on FNAF that swims on that all day and breaths FNAF seriously but is like going to the thrift store to buy a pizza. You don't go to the thrift store to buy good pizza you go somewhere else but maybe you don't want to go to pizzalianis because you are in a rush and you can find pizza there too, and frozen cheesecake and 3 gallons of liquid soap for the washing machine. .It doesn;t make any place any bad, they are just for different things.

So by hating on this for not being accurate you are missing the actual point for making this videos. Is not the theory is the learning and the exploration of those themes. 

I also watch DR. Lava and Lockstin. Is not one or the other. Like, why... 

I'm sorry but after meeting so many game theory fans who have been treating his theories like they're facts, I can't really trust a website and guy who acts smug, does poor research that is easily debunked by people like MangaKamen, and breed fans who take ridiculous stories so serious.

I stated my opinion on the matter and will no longer respond to people who try to change it. No one changes my opinion but me

• Brohoof 2

3 minutes ago, Will Guide said:

I'm sorry but after meeting so many game theory fans who have been treating his theories like they're facts, I can't really trust a website and guy who acts smug, does poor research that is easily debunked by people like MangaKamen, and breed fans who take ridiculous stories so serious.

I stated my opinion on the matter and will no longer respond to people who try to change it. No one changes my opinion but me

Well that's not his fault but the fault of the 13 yos that take it too seriously and the ones that take that too seriously in response. Do I have to bring Fame and Misfortune from the grave for this?