Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general What do you think of your hometown or city ?

Old Accnt.

It’s okay, there’s nothing interesting here but I’ve lived in much worse. I’m not a fan of the huge expansion though 

• Brohoof 1

it exists, that's about as far as my opinion goes on it tbh. apparently pretty dangerous here but i've sorta lived on the outskirts and haven't had to really deal with that thankfully 

• Brohoof 3

My town is pretty small. It mixes well with my introvertedness, solitary nature and it being very quiet outside of the annual festivals. 

Sometimes it feels like my closest neighbor is the badger living across the railroad tracks. She can be grumpy if you approach her territory, but she's otherwise a good neighbor. 

• Brohoof 1

It's pretty boring, but with how everything is going on currently in the world, I guess that's good.^_^

The nice thing though is that it's pretty close to all kinds of stores.

The same thing pretty much for my house that's like 7 miles away from my parents also.

• Brohoof 1

Boring city, nothing happens here, even the last concert was ~7-10 years ago. Just a dull "stability". I guess it's a nice place to settle when you're retired, but it's a dead end if you're a student with ambitions 

Plus I prefer big cities and megalopolises

Edited by Vefka
  • Brohoof 2

I’m actually quite pleased with my city and where it’s come since I was a kid.  It used to be so boring, but they’ve made some changes and it’s actually nice to go downtown now from time to time. 

The food is the best part.  My city is actually becoming a popular food destination.  It’s ranked in the top 50 food cities in the USA 

• Brohoof 3

Well since my family moved around A LOT growing up and where I was born is currently in another country on the other side of the continent I currently live on, I don't know what my home town is like.  Since I was born on a military base.  The town that I currently live in is ok, there's a train station in town so if I ever wanted to go to London or Toronto or anywhere else, I could hop on the train, when I can afford it.  I just wish there were more options of continuing education and if you didn't want to become a nurse or an electrician, your picks are incredibly slim and you're going to have to move to get any sort of education.  I can't afford to move because of my set income and I can't get the job that I want because I can't afford the education but even if I could get education, I don't have the money to move to a proper city with the education that I want, it becomes this vicious cycle that'll just keep spiraling if I think too much of it lol.  Anyways, good town, not many jobs available and the work that is acts like they're god's gift to the world and are VERY selective about who they hire.  This town is great if you work with the elderly since a lot of people who're retired move to small towns like mine so there's a large industry here for nurses to work at retirement homes.  Beyond that, there's not much going on in town.  A lot of the family owned businesses are shutting down and we have a deserted mall in town with a few shops in there, most of the others have closed already which sucks.  The current crisis doesn't really help things since now more people are purchasing online or at walmart.  Kinda sucks to walk down the downtown strip just to see all the for lease signs instead of actual businesses.

• Brohoof 1

My family has been in this area for generations. I was born in another state so I wasn't born here, but I moved here in 2011. It's fairly quiet but there are some noisy people and annoying people about the place. The place needs to work on it's roads and such, however it is a fond place because some of my earlier memories are from this place. It's a small rural town that if I never had an association with it, I would have never known it would exist since its so small.

• Brohoof 1

My hometown: Very boring, home to the Pro Football Hall of Fame (I don't like football so I've never been there) and cornfields. Don't have any plans to return; there's nothing there for me.

My current city: I love it here, there is so much to see and do and learn, at least before the pandemic :| The crappy summer weather gets me down and is the only thing I really don't like about this city. Otherwise it's cool to be surrounded by passionate people doing interesting things and even though it's expensive to live here, there is a lot to do for free.

• Brohoof 3

I fully believe my hometown is the greatest place in the continent~ cheap living, bright lights at night, western attitude, you can be yourself for the most part and everything is close and accessible. I miss it every day 

• Brohoof 1

My town could vanish in an instant and the world would be losing nothing of value. It is the perfect example of a small, insignificant town with basically nothing in it, filled with people that are entirely complacent and fine with having to drive 15 minutes in any direction to do even the slightest worthwhile thing. We have a total of 3 businesses: A gas station, a local restaurant and a liquor store. That's it. We do have at least 6 churches though so that's totally not completely worthless and redundant. The cherry on top is simply the Trump supporters around here. That rich boy doesn't care about a town like this at all and yet these middle class people living in this town are all like "Yeah, I support him". A total embarrassment. There's really no hope for a town like this. Any major business cannot sustain itself and it will forever be stuck in that cycle and nothing will get better. If I could I would move away but that is far easier said then done. 

• Brohoof 1

That depends if you mean what I consider my hometown or my actual hometown. I didn't really do much growing up in my actual home town. Everything from school to grocery shopping was done in the next town over, and that's what I normally refer to as my hometown. I live right on the border of the two (the border is just one street over), in the middle of one of the calmest neighborhoods in the area.

The town I consider my hometown is amazing. It's that perfect size where there are lots of family-owned businesses, but you can still head to Walmart or Chick-Fil-A or most other large business chains. Lots of mountains and forests, the people in it are nice, it has the best public education system I've seen in America, and downtown has that lovely small-town feel. I want to move away to a more rural area some day, but I'll always love this place.

In comparison, my actual hometown is a bit shit (more of a city than a town). Crime rates are high, the people are noticeably less kind, littering is a much bigger problem, and I've heard so many terrible things about the education, to name a few problems with it. Apparently the high schools have had a lot of bomb threats and drug problems and such over the years. Cities are just breeding grounds for hatred and corruption, which is why I try to avoid them as much as I can.

Edited by Booker
  • Brohoof 1

It's in Oklahoma, so that automatically takes it down many notches. Although there are worse more tornado-prone areas in Oklahoma (like central-Oklahoma). The one really good thing are the excellent high school marching band programs. I got to be a part of one. I couldn't have had that opportunity in too many other places.

But now that I'm long graduated from high school, those days are over. I'm so ready to move somewhere with better politics and a better climate.

• Brohoof 2

My city is mostly boing. Not much happens in my city. At least have a few large shopping centres, I live near a big forest, cost of living is quite low, good weather lots of sunny days.

• Brohoof 1

The city I live in is often too disliked dor misunderstood. I used to hate it here because of the variety of problems in terms of government, quality of life, and social issues such as affordable housing, homelessness, bad subway service, and the fact that city was close to drowning under over-tourism (examples: Brooklyn Bridge walkway was closed by the police on New Year's Eve 2018 because of overcrowding. A similar situation happened on Roosevelt Island with a cherry blossom festival last year where so many people flocked to the island to see the blossoms to the point where the subway stop serving the island had trains by-passing the station because there was just too much people). But recently, the way New Yorkers here have handled the pandemic has made me decide to stay. People wanna make this city a better place, and that's a hopeful thing to think about. 

• Brohoof 2

Not much; TBH. I don't mean that in an entirely negative way as it's mostly friendly and is surrounded by lovely scenery, but on the whole it's a dead town with a serious drug problem. Not to mention there's quite a few dilapidated buildings (some of which are being demolished) and there's very little opportunity here. While there is small local grocery story and a bank (which I work at), the actual good grocery store is 15 minutes away. After that; an actual city with shopping and such is almost an hour away (either direction), so yeah.

Really; it's a microcosm of small-town West Virginia. You kinda have to take the good with the bad. I don't mind it too much, though I do wish we had more here.

• Brohoof 1

My hometown is located right smack in the middle of Illinois. Not much to do there, and it’s surrounded by cornfields and farm land. It’s alright and I miss it sometimes. :ButtercupLaugh: Just don’t really miss Illinois lol.

• Brohoof 1