Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How do ponies pick things up?

Bendy

How do you think ponies are able to pick up objects as if they had human hands?

My theory is that all ponies have some sort of passive telekinesis magic in their hooves. Would it be impossible for them to pick up objects without something like this?

Edited by Bendy
  • Brohoof 2

@Bendy well, they are magic so your theory is the best logical explanation to it. They all have some passive magic in their hooves and that's how the can grab stuff. There's a theory out there that that's how earth ponies, specifically in the case of Applejack and her family, have some sort of magic in their hooves that allows them to get apples of the trees without damaging the tree itself, that could also be the secret to unlocking their strength magic. Same with pegasi that use their hooves to transfer some kind of magic to the clouds and make them snow, rain, thunder or disappear, and walk on clouds. Unicorns maybe only have little to none except the passive magic to grab things since they have active magic and could just use telekinesis.

They are also probably made of something different, like marshmallow :please:

• Brohoof 1

To be honest, I mainly chalk it up to cartoon logic, but I have thought about it. For one, Unicons usually just use their magic to pick things up. Then there are pegasi and Earth ponies. Now, there actually have been some cases of pegasi actually using their wings to pick things up (to me, it's both cool and weird). That being said, I would think that they still mostly use their hooves, just like earth ponies. 

Now, how does using hooves to pick things up work? Not really sure, but my guess is just that the hooves can be angled in such a way to clamp things. And maybe there is just a little magic in their hooves that helps grasp onto things; just maybe. Although again, I just blame cartoon logic for it.

Also, the ponies have actually used their manes and tails before. Mainly Pinkie Pie, although Fluttershy does use her tail while playing Buckball. There is a lot to ponder with ponies ability to grab things.

They have hoof glands that secrete sticky lotion. That's how youngling are able to climb on the ceiling.

Edited by Goat-kun
"Would you like to know more" intensified

Dunno, some magical fields maybe, no need to try to explain it scientifically. I think I have seen some theories like extending hairs in the bottom of their hooves but this is really an unnecessary theory that complicates it IMO.