Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

health Anyone got yourselves vaccinated yet?

Allen

Have you get vaccinated yet?  

63 users have voted

1. 1. Have you get vaccinated yet?

• Yes, I got vaccinated twice (either from Pfizer or Moderna)
    • Yes, I got vaccinated at least once (You'll get your second dose in a few weeks if you have it from Pfizer or Moderna)
    • No, I'm not vaccinated yet, but I'll get one soon
    • No, I'm not vaccinated yet, and I don't know if or when I could get one
    • I won't be getting vaccinated
  2. 2. Have you received a booster shot yet?

• Yes, I have received a booster shot.
    • No, I have not received a booster shot yet, but I may get one soon.
    • No, I have not received a booster shot yet and I don't know if I could get one.
    • I don't plan to receive a booster shot.
  3. 3. If you're vaccinated, what company did you receive your dose(s) from?

• Pfizer-BioNTech
    • Moderna
    • Johnson & Johnson (J&J)
    • Oxford-AstraZeneca
    • Other (specify what company did you get your dose from as if you're in a different country than the U.S.)
    • None of the above

(edited)

I haven't and I will not willingly get one either. Eligible to get it but someone else can have it. 

I just don't trust that they made it in that short of time and how they keep stopping, starting, and finding side effects. I mean for cattle its billions of dollars, hundreds of millions of head and decades of development and testing, and that's for something that will live to 2 or 20 max before it dies naturally or gets butchered, and that's before they start checking that it doesn't cause something in humans or pets that eat said cattle. Edit: to top that off, they say you can still get it, still spread it, and the only thing it may do is it may lessen your symptoms. 

Then around here in our rural area, aside from the nursing home and hospital, life never changed at all. I think I'll end this paragraph here as I'm sure I'll get shown the door if I say how it's been in my area...

Edited by TheGleaner
  • Brohoof 3

11 hours ago, SparklingSwirls said:

Have you thought about getting the Johnson & Johnson vaccine (if it’s available where you live?). It’s not an mRNA vaccine but more of a traditional one. Or AstraZeneca is also not mRNA if that’s available to you.

Traditional ones I wouldn't mind I mean it still was cooked in only a few months opposed to the ten year period that's usually required. Though I have not heard of Johnson and Johnson being available. However AstraZeneca is only given to specific age groups here. My main concern with these vaccines is the fact they are mRNA I feel like at least the others that are traditional have already proved to work quite well and as such I think they are preferable.

5 hours ago, TheGleaner said:

I haven't and I will not willingly get one either. Eligible to get it but someone else can have it. 

I just don't trust that they made it in that short of time and how they keep stopping, starting, and finding side effects. I mean for cattle its billions of dollars, hundreds of millions of head and decades of development and testing, and that's for something that will live to 2 or 20 max before it dies naturally or gets butchered, and that's before they start checking that it doesn't cause something in humans or pets that eat said cattle. Edit: to top that off, they say you can still get it, still spread it, and the only thing it may do is it may lessen your symptoms. 

Then around here in our rural area, aside from the nursing home and hospital, life never changed at all. I think I'll end this paragraph here as I'm sure I'll get shown the door if I say how it's been in my area...

Exactly how it has been here too. It takes years to make a vaccine and I trust the other vaccines but not this one because of how rushed it is. Plus, with all the variants even if it works perfectly without side effects it will not be helping anyone get immune from new variation. I don't understand why people are so willing to get a vaccine when they keep finding side effects and having all these issues with it. It is far too suspcious for me.

• Brohoof 3

I have no intention to get a vaccine at the moment, due to the fact that not only I would only have access to rNA based vaccines (Astra-Zenica has been banned for under 35s, which is progress, but they chose to switch to Pfizer),

as well as there's not enough proof of the side effects (the bloodclot risk has been the most publicized)

IF Biden decides to force all visitors to USA to be vaccinated, then I'll do my research then,
but I'm hoping the consitution will protect against this

• Brohoof 3

(edited)

@The Hawks Simp

If they make vaccines mandatory to fly, well, I'm not flying anywhere ever again. I'm not going anywhere that requires me to take a risky and possibly unsafe vaccine. COVID-19 has a 99.6% mortality rate, while the vaccines are from 90-95% effective, which would I rather take? I'd rather get covid and build immunity to it.

Edited by Monotonality
  • Brohoof 1

I'm getting it on Thursday (it's Johnson & Johnson, so it's only one dose). I think the security concerns are exaggerated, and any risk of side effects is insignificant compared to the risk of getting infected.

• Brohoof 5

13 minutes ago, Monotonality said:

@The Hawks Simp

If they make vaccines mandatory to fly, well, I'm not flying anywhere ever again. I'm not going anywhere that requires me to take a risky and possibly unsafe vaccine. 

yeah, I think it mostly depends on the country (currently Israel, Spain and Greece are attempting this),

I don't believe that the government could be able due to the constitution, so hopefully if anything comes up the supreme court can be like "this is unconstitutional, get this fucking scrapped"

• Brohoof 1

1 minute ago, The Hawks Simp said:

yeah, I think it mostly depends on the country (currently Israel, Spain and Greece are attempting this),

I don't believe that the government could be able due to the constitution, so hopefully if anything comes up the supreme court can be like "this is unconstitutional, get this fucking scrapped"

As much as I am inclined to agree, let's not get too political here. But yes, the push for these vaccines I just don't understand. I don't like how people are so trusting. Plus, I wouldn't even want whatever is contained in those vaccines in my body anyways especially since they have only been on the market for a little under a year. That is not how you do vaccines. That is rushing them. 

• Brohoof 2

2 hours ago, The Wife of Hawks said:

I have not. I don't feel it is necessary for me.

Same to me. Besides, I'm lazy to do that. Despite all availability.

• Brohoof 2

Update: Someone from the place where I'm going to get vaccinated called me and said it's going to be Pfizer instead of Johnson & Johnson. I agreed to it, so I'm getting two doses after all.

• Brohoof 3

Got my (first dose) vaccine. Pfizer. Didn't hurt at all. No side effects, or any odd feelings at all after hours. Feels like normal. I am so glad Covid-19 is behind me! Only a bright future ahead :mlp_yeehaa:

• Brohoof 4

just got my second moderna shot friday! honestly i had worse side effects from the first shot, only thing i really had with the second shot were some migraines. i had coronavirus before and i'm glad i was able to get the vaccine. 

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

Eeyup! Got my two Moderna shots, my last one in late-March. The worse symptom I ever had was just a sore arm, but I rather have the vaccine and not need it than need it and not have it. I wanna be part of helping this deadly pandemic end, so I hold no regrets doing so. :mlp_yeehaa:

Edited by Dark Qiviut
  • Brohoof 4

4 hours ago, Splashee said:

No side effects, or any odd feelings at all after hours

1 hour ago, Dark Qiviut said:

The worse symptom I ever had was just a sore arm

I got the sore arm also. I had been fine for a few hours, but when I decided to look at the bandage and lifted my arm up, it got sore. Now, it is a little bit sore, and is more sore if I lift my arm up above my shoulder (which I do when I stretch). Makes me wonder if I would have noticed if I never used my arm (using the hand was fine), since before that, I walked a few miles (without noticing anything at all)?

It is absolutely no big deal. I just wanted to tell since I said I had no side effects.

• Brohoof 3

I went to see "Moderna Part 1" last week. It wasn't nearly as terrifying as a lot of people were claiming a few months ago.

37 minutes ago, Splashee said:

I got the sore arm also. I had been fine for a few hours, but when I decided to look at the bandage and lifted my arm up, it got sore. Now, it is a little bit sore, and is more sore if I lift my arm up above my shoulder (which I do when I stretch). Makes me wonder if I would have noticed if I never used my arm (using the hand was fine), since before that, I walked a few miles (without noticing anything at all)?

Same here. I might have gotten something else, but I get seasonal allergies, so anything else was benign enough that it simply got masked.

I have to wonder if the pain is even a side-effect. Or would having a needle shoved into a muscle accomplish that perfectly fine on its own?

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

Another for the Pfizer Club here

Me and Most of my family has gotten the vaccine, only my little brother still has yet to get the second, though he’s supposed to be getting it next week 

Somehow my mom was the only one to not get any of the side effects 

Edited by Megas
  • Brohoof 3

1 hour ago, Megas said:

Somehow my mom was the only one to not get any of the side effects 

Neither of my parents had any side effects. I'm unsure about the rest of my family. Seeing as my parents got vaccinated a month or so before me I was feeling pretty good about the vaccine and not worried... Until a bad headache came on that evening and while trying to sleep I was switching between sweats and chills. A very unpleasant night where I got no sleep, but it's over and I'm so glad I am vaccinated.

• Brohoof 2