Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How important is Hitch going to be in the movie?

Toastypk

Here is something I've wondered.

Hitch is at the start of the movie in Maretime Bay, and appears at least to Izzy arriving, but it clearly seems to be Sunny and Izzy alone who are going on their journey to start with. At Zephyr Heights, they meet with Pipp and Zipp, somehow, so it becomees the four of them. But what about Hitch? Based on some of the screenshots that were released, I have a feeling he's going to be looking for Sunny for the first leg of the movie, possibly believing her to be in danger or missing.  There is a screenshot of the four girls camping in the woods, so at some point, he will meet with the other four and become a permanent party member, so to speak, rounding out the cast of five. 

All five characters are going to have some similar level of prominence, and there's no doubt he is going to be a big part of the main five cast, but  I can't help this feeling that he's just going to be "rounding them out", so to say, as if he might not be the most "main" of the main group, so to say, or have the most prominence of the five. His sparseness in the merchandise department would seem to attest to that...

I'm real curious to know his dynamic and how he plays in the group, regardless!

• Brohoof 1

He sounds fairly important

Spoiler

He’s Sunny Starscout’s childhood friend, and he spends the first half of the movie tracking her down until she convinces him to join her 

Dunno if he’s more important than Izzy or Sunny

Spoiler

Definitely more important than Pipp, probably on par with Zipp

• Brohoof 3

Knowing one of the movie's plot points from the book and considering that he's Sunny's childhood friend, I do not see how he'd be less important than the other characters in the movie. Also, while they meet the princesses later on, as one can see from the trailer, Hitch is right there from the beginning. 

• Brohoof 6

There are more scenes of Hitch, Sunny, and Sprout back when they were foals than the trailers show. From the early synopsis it can be hypothesized Hitch as a colt plays an important role as mediator since Sunny causes friction in the town due to her and Argyle's "crazy" beliefs.

• Brohoof 1

15 minutes ago, ExplosionMare said:

He might not be a main character but he’ll be more dynamic than a side character, so he is sure to have significant relevance to the movie.

Hitch Trailblazer feels like Kronk from The Emperor's New Groove to me. 

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

So I was sorta right, in a way:

Spoiler

He wasn't in the start of the group, then after the performance disaster and escape, Hitch got thrown into the group by circumstance, whose original goal was to bring Sunny back to Maretime Bay for being a fugitive. But after his annoyed having to follow the group and indifference toward the pegasi and unicorns, Sunny makes him shed that perception, and refers to the others as friends eventually! Even when they first return to Maretime Bay, he no longer intends to go after her.

• Brohoof 1