Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What was your favorite & Least Favorite season finale of FIM?

phantompone1148

What was your favorite & Least Favorite season finale of FIM?  

27 users have voted

1. 1. What was your least favorite season finale?

• Best Night Ever (S1)
    • A Canterlot Wedding (S2)
    • Magical Mystery Cure (S3)
    • Twilight’s Kingdom (S4)
    • The Cutie Re-Mark (S5)
    • To Where and Back Again (S6)
    • Shadow Play (S7)
    • School Raze (S8)
    • The Ending Of The End (S9)
    • The Last Problem (S9)
  2. 2. What was your favorite Finalie?

• Best Night Ever (S1)
    • A Canterlot Wedding (S2)
    • Magical Mystery Cure (S3)
    • Twilight’s Kingdom (S4)
    • The Cutie Re-Mark (S5)
    • To Where and Back Again (S6)
    • Shadow Play (S7)
    • Schoo Raze (S8)
    • The Ending Of The End (S9)
    • The Last Problem (S9)

I don't think any of the finales are that good, but I guess my favorite is The Best Night Ever. The stories aren't balanced very well and the second act has a lot of dull stuff, but I really like the beginning and ending. It's a pretty fun episode all around.

Worst finale is Shadow Play. It's smothered in exposition, it's shilling for Starlight, it's boring as hell, and  the character balance is 100 times worse than The Best Night Ever.

• 2 weeks later...

While I actually like all of them, even the best ones still could have been better, perhaps they needed more time (like then ending of S2 finale), maybe make a 3 or even if needed a 4 part episodes, or let the episode before the finale tie more with the finale itself. But, as for what we have:

1. The Ending of the End - the finale with the highest stakes, great fighting scenes and overall very interesting plot. I was immensely satisfied with the finale. Also, I am so happy that they did not redeem the villains, I am not against redemption but we had enough in my opinion, for the finale we needed some villains until the very end.  

2. A Canterlot Wedding - The way Chrysalis was defeated was... meh... but the rest was great, maybe they should have hinted at Shining armor and cadence earlier in the show, but as it is its a top notch episode. Would have made a better movie than the actual 2017 movie in my opinion.

3. To Where and Back Again - 3 former villains and a changeling (while the race was still evil) trying to get along while saving the world? I all for it...   Amazing character interactions and more Chrysalis (which I believe is the most disney like villain in the series). Still, the way they dealt with the main six and princesses of screen was a bit of a cheap shot but its not that bad and kinda make sense, but the way the changelings changed (pun not intended) their minds so quickly... I am not a big fan of that.

4. Best Night Ever - a very fun episode, not much on the line but as a regular episode it was great.

5. Twilights Kingdom - The battle pretty much made the episode for me (it was really epic), the rest was not as good as in the finales above. 

6. The Last Problem - very emotional ending, especially the song (I cried when I watched it). The rest of the episode was okay. 

7. The Cutie Remark - At times the writing was a bit slippery (like twilight being a bit to oblivious sometimes), but the whole time travel thing was great, I really liked that we saw the what if's situation. But as for SGs redemption, perhaps it would have worked better if she was present more in the episode, maybe make her be stuck with twi and spike at one timeline and slowly befriend them and realize what she is doing is wrong.

8. Magical Mystery Cure - good songs, I actually think twi deserved to be a princess, it was a rewording episode for her. However, I think it would have worked better as a 2 parter.

9. School Raze - it used to be my least favorite finale, but as my love for cozy grew and we got to see the rest of the series, I realized I like it more than the S7 finale. It was messy, somethings did not make sense and the characters are dumbed down from time to time, but its so much packed, and it is entertaining, I can't deny that. From objective POV I think its the worst finale, but subjectively I like it.

10. Shadow Play - I don't think its bad, it did a good job balancing all these characters but the villain was pretty bad (in my opinion), there was no real build up and we barely did anything with the pillars after this episode. Still, they nailed Starswirl, he was exactly as I imagined. 

So, these are my takes on the finales.

• Brohoof 1