Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you think the Mane 6 will return in G5?

phantompone1148

nah bro they dead lmao

but seriously though, seeing as how characters like sombra are (supposedly) returning, it wouldn't surprise me.

people are saying they don't want them to return since it would defeat the purpose of G5, but come on, you know you want to see them again in some official capacity.

Edited by horses are weird
  • Brohoof 2

Yeah. I think they will show up, with senility, rheumatism and no small amount of dementia. That is, except for the betrayer of friendship; twilight sparkle. Who most likely will remain young because she ascended to a glorified mary sue stereotype. Disgusting. I hope her old friends give her with the walking cane.

If any of the Mane 6 return, it might just be Twilight, as an ancient alicorn princess standing taller than Alphabittle.

Alternatively, time travel shenanigans can give us a crossover episode with all of the Mane 6.

• Brohoof 1

I'm pretty sure G5 should try to be different from G4 even though we all quite like G4. In addition, if they return and we find out what happens between the two generations, then what? Would they become side characters? (Because having eleven main characters seems a bit much.) I think that the writers would have to be careful to avoid another Pillars of Equestria situation.

Edited by Ocean Wavedream
  • Brohoof 1

On 2022-01-27 at 3:53 AM, Ocean Wavedream said:

if they return and we find out what happens between the two generations, then what?

A crossover episode featuring all of the Mane 6 would actually be unlikely to answer what happened in the time between the two gens. 

Note that the Mane 6 would most likely appear as their past selves – possibly after Twilight's coronation, but long before The Last Problem.

Meaning that to them, whatever happened between G4 and G5, simply didn't happen yet. 

I doubt we'll see a return of the Mane 6 as a whole, but I can certainly see allicorn Twilight playing some sort of role. Of course G5 needs to remain it's own thing and not rely too heavily on G4 elements (haha), but something tells me that a connection of some sort will remain.

Questions that you should all know by now:

Who will voice act for the ponies?

If you say, the original voice actors, then we do have a situation here. How about the original voice actors for the G5 movie then? How much will fans accept, if other voice actors took over? We might get a preview of this with Hazbin Hotel since voice actors have been replaced, and fans are kinda upset about that, including the original voice actors. [don't reply to this, it is just an example]

How about the back story of your favorite G4 ponies? Will the fans be happy if they were a little bit less like you remembered them? Will they contribute to the G5 Mane 5 in any way other than trying to steal the spotlight?

My initial answer is, no, they won't be back. But then again, FIM was removed from Netflix completely, maybe to keep people from mixing G4 and G5, so that they could reuse the characters freely? Maybe they will come back.

On 26/1/2022 at 1:32, They call me Loyalty said:

Sí. Creo que aparecerán, con senilidad, reumatismo y no poca demencia. Es decir, salvo el traidor de la amistad; chispa crepúsculo. Quien probablemente seguirá siendo joven porque ascendió a un estereotipo glorificado de Mary Sue. Asqueroso. Espero que sus viejos amigos le den con el bastón.

Lol she's basically perfect now. I never liked Twilight and her poor character development.

• 1 year later...
On 2022-01-19 at 4:44 AM, WildChildMirai said:

I'd prefer seeing a new race of Dragon and Pony hybrids because I ship Rarity and Spike and would die of laughter if that happened

f6e.gif

Spike is a baby I know this is fiction but that's so ped-o 

• 7 months later...
On 2022-01-14 at 8:32 PM, Misty Shadow said:

Pretty much sums up my thoughts. Got no beef with flashbacks, no problem with them making a cameo as spirits, they'll always hold a special place in my heart...but come on. If they can just return alive like nothing happened, what was the point of making a new generation set in the distant future? :maud:

Not to mention this happened in an undetermined, but surely well past a natural pony lifespan. Only Twilight and other alicorns could possibly return in the flesh. Also, we got…

Spoiler

On 2022-01-23 at 1:01 AM, Jirai Kei said:

Tara Strong already stated multiple times that she won't return in G5 as Twilight Sparkle, and Hasbro isn't known for replacing main cast actors.

That statement from her was made before we got these

image.thumb.jpeg.8cc7493ed3e6cf887aa0b15bd6a98b56.jpeg

3 hours ago, Steve Piranha said:

Not to mention this happened in an undetermined, but surely well past a natural pony lifespan. Only Twilight and other alicorns could possibly return in the flesh. Also, we got…

Reveal hidden contents

Hot take: I kinda think it’s sad that some people want the alicorns to be immortal 

14 minutes ago, WickedGames said:

Hot take: I kinda think it’s sad that some people want the alicorns to be immortal 

Regardless if they are immortal or long lived, all of them still being alive is not out of the question 

On 2023-11-20 at 4:08 PM, Steve Piranha said:

Consider the Date of the Post you are replying to, and in the meanwhile it was revealed that Hasbro has to pay Discovery a large sum for every appearance of G4 characters in any animated media that isn't for Discovery over old contracts, which is the reason as for why they try to avoid it.

32 minutes ago, Jirai Kei said:

Consider the Date of the Post you are replying to, and in the meanwhile it was revealed that Hasbro has to pay Discovery a large sum for every appearance of G4 characters in any animated media that isn't for Discovery over old contracts, which is the reason as for why they try to avoid it.

That could explain why this arc doesn’t seem to have anything relevant to do with G4. Regardless, I was told Discovery rights over G4 will expire in 2025. It’s rather close, but long enough before the next arc, if it’s going to be G4 relevant, like Sunny’s coronation 

13 hours ago, Steve Piranha said:

That could explain why this arc doesn’t seem to have anything relevant to do with G4. Regardless, I was told Discovery rights over G4 will expire in 2025. It’s rather close, but long enough before the next arc, if it’s going to be G4 relevant, like Sunny’s coronation 

Most of G5 that will debut in 2025 though will probably at least mostly before March 2025 though