Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

My Little Pony: A Maretime Bay Adventure Nintendo Switch confirmed

eventyraren

• The title was changed to My Little Pony: A Maretime Bay Adventure Nintendo Switch confermed

Hey there! I added a little more to your post to stir more discussion. When posting links like this, it’s great to add a question or your thoughts, that way, people have more to discuss! Thanks! 

They’re doing quite a bit for G5. I really hope it isn’t a “dumbed-down” game, but more of an adventure that people of all ages can enjoy. 

• Brohoof 2

I'm not surprised that this is what the game ended up becoming. As expected, the game was tailor made for the targeted age group, young girls, but at least Hasbro are consistent with their age quota.

I am curious as to how Nintendo sees this given that it will be released on their hardware.

• Brohoof 1

And to no one's surprise, it seems to be a simple game for very young kids, akin to the Gen 3 games. Still, we only have screenshots, so I'd say it might still be worth keeping an eye on it until we get footage of it in action.

• Brohoof 1

I am not sure what to think yet. On one hand I think it might be interesting, but on the other, I'm a bit worried it'll be like most platformers or adventure games based on the images. I think I'd rather see someone play it first before I play it myself.

• Brohoof 1

25 minutes ago, Megas said:

Just a heads up, game was rated for all the major consoles and not just the Switch 

Neat! Still getting it on the Switch though, since it's my go-to console for simple games. 

• Brohoof 1

This looks like it might be a solid game for kids. That being said, this game doesn't look like it appeals to anyone outside of that young target audience. It looks very basic and child oriented with a focus on things like "dressing up" and "fashion shows" over action or adventure. I'm not interested in this game personally, but it might end up being a decent game for the target audience.

An official action/adventure based MLP game aimed at a broader audience (not just young kids) would be a really cool thing to get in the future though.

7 hours ago, Steve Piranha said:

Looks like a typical WII shovelware, sadly enough :sunny:

That tends to happen a lot with games based on a license.

1 hour ago, Fluttershyfan94 said:

Would this be the first official my little pony video game I wonder.

I know G2 had one and G3 had a couple. Oddly enough, G4 was the one that got skipped over.

• Brohoof 1

While this may turn out to be nothing more than a shovelware title, even if I hope it's not, the fact that G5 is getting a home console game straight out of the gate is pretty interesting.  I mean G5 despite running for a decade didn't even manage to get one.  So I see this as being a sign that Hasbro has a lot of plans or faith in this incarnation of MLP to be successful.

2 hours ago, Steve Piranha said:

Expected, but still disappointed :sunny:

Yeah. At the very least, we should be glad that G5 is getting an official video game given that G4 never did.

This seems about as involved as I was guessing. Just going around town, having fun and doing minigames and stuff with your new friends. Nothing spectacular, but sounds alright.

Though here's a an interesting perspective:
Years ago I rented the Wii game Pokepark Wii, and later Pokepark 2. The premise is that you play as Pikachu (or the Gen 5 starters as well in the sequel) and you go around the worlds, solving issues, meeting other Pokemon, various minigames, and so on. The premise is pretty much the same as this. (Though the Pokepark games have a real time duel mode as well, which I'm sure the pony game will not) I really liked the exploration feel in the Pokepark games, and I hope there will be a similar feel here as well!

Mildly insulting considering FiM never got a full console videogame, and that actually would have lent itself well to one.  As it stands, this one is looking pretty meh.  I will give the two upcoming shows a shot (however brief if I'm not engaged), but I'll only be checking this out if the shows impress me against all odds.