Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Favorite Episode/Moments from Season 1?

Pony Joe

73 users have voted

1. 1. What was your favorite episode of Season 1?

• Friendship is Magic, Parts 1 & 2
    • Griffon the Brush-Off
    • Applebuck Season
    • Boast Busters
    • Dragonshy
    • Bridle Gossip
    • Swarm of the Century
    • Winter Wrap-Up
    • Fall Weather Friends
    • Suited for Success
    • Feeling Pinkie Keen
    • Sonic Rainboom
    • A Dog and Pony Show
    • Green Isn't Your Color
    • Over a Barrel
    • A Bird in the Hoof
    • The Cutie Mark Chronicles
    • Owl's Well that Ends Well
    • Party of One
    • The Best Night Ever

My fave episode was suited for success.

It had a brilliant song(look up the lyrics, they're awesome)

Fluttershy's best lines in season 1 (how rarity got the dress wrong)

And it was generally 20% cooler in my opinion.

That one was epic :D !
  • Brohoof 1

I just love Cutie Mark Chronicles. Getting to see the backstory of all the ponies in the mane cast was pretty cool as it allowed us to see how they became who they are. I like that kind of stuff. :3

• Brohoof 1

I can't believe that Birdle Gossip has no vote yet!

It's my second favorite episode, only close second to Party of One!

On an unrelated note, this is my 10th post... Here I come, avatar!

No love for dragonshy? Other than my vote, obviously.

It has a good amount of humor from all the mane 6, and it's the first time we see fluttershy omgwtfpwn something with the Stare.

Of course, I have so many favorites it's hard to decide.

(edited)

I can't vote. My favorite episode is Griffon the Brush-Off and you don't have it on the list. Why? Gilda.

Sorry, I can only put up to 20 options on a poll, and, aside from you, have yet to see someone who thinks Griffon the Brush-Off is an above-average episode, so it got cut.

Other episodes that were left out include Call of the Cutie, Look Before You Sleep, The Stare Master, and The Show Stoppers.

EDIT: Well look at that, this thread's a sticky now!

Edited by Pony Joe

Sorry, I can only put up to 20 options on a poll, and, aside from you, have yet to see someone who thinks Griffon the Brush-Off is an above-awerage episode, so it got cut.

Other episodes that were left out include Call of the Cutie, Look Before You Sleep, The Stare Master, and The Show Stoppers.

No worries. I know it isn't an above-average episode. I just love Gilda and seeing as that is the only episode she is in...

I can only choose ONE? Argh! How do I do that?!

Okay, okay. I really wanted to choose "Green Isn't Your Color" because it's all about the three best ponies - Twilight, Rarity and Fluttershy - but I ended up going with "Suited for Success" due to Rarity's beautiful singing voice, and her breakdown. This was also the episode that made me really begin to love Rarity's character.

Oh gosh, it's undoubtedly Sonic Rainboom. Fluttershy's meek cheering, Rarity's wings and insane laugh, Pinkie Pie tasting the rainbow, the intense building up to that one climax point where Rainbow Dash flies at hypersonic speeds...incredible <3

I'm torn, but if I was to choose one it would be Cutie Mark Chronicles. Getting to see them as fillies was great, and the way they intertwined their destinies was brilliant!

I love that one, if only because we found out that pinkie pie was raised Amish XD

I love the moment in episode two when Twilight realizes that she and her friends are the elements of Harmony and they defeat Nightmare moon. That or the part when Twilight loses control of her powers when she was a filly and trying to get into Celestia's school. They are both so Awesome.

Party of One is my favorite. Although the ending of the episode was predictable, Pinkie Pie going insane wasn't so much. And her paranoia was hilarious as well.

I can't believe "Over a Barrel" made it in this list over "Griffon the Brush-Off" because that was my second favorite episode, while "Over a Barrel" is my least favorite episode. It was also the first episode I saw and almost turned me away from the show.

• Brohoof 1

Favourite episode has got to be The Cutie Mark Chronicles, I just like it when the mane 6 tell the CMC's about there stories on how they get there Cuite Marks, and plus also when Apple Jack calls Manhattan, Manehattan which I did lol at that bit. XD

And of course I mainly like Pinkie's Cutie Mark story and at the end when she said "And that's how Equestria was made" and after she said that, I totally believe that's true, Pinkie Pie created Equestria by throwing a party FACT. :D

• Brohoof 1

"Over a Barrel" is my least favorite episode.

I know exactly what you mean, I can't put finger exactly on what doesn't strike me right about this episode but it too is the least liked of all the 1st season episodes.

Maybe I should have gotten rid of Owl's Well that Ends Well or Applebuck Season and kept Griffon the Brush-Off.

Over a Barrel is a very good episode though. What's with the hate?

Over a Barrel is a very good episode though. What's with the hate?

I don't hate it, I just didn't enjoy it as much as the other episodes. It was the very first episode I watched and at the end of it was I wondering what in the world it was that people saw in the show. I didn't find the jokes funny, and I didn't particularly see any of the characters as sticking out for me. Although, that was the first episode and I didn't really know them. I watched the episode right afterwards with the raven and I liked the show a lot better. (Fluttershy was really cute in that episode lol)

I have a lot of favorite moments. One that sticks out in my head right now is a scene from Over a Barrel, when they are all on the train. I like that whole part from them being on the train until they blow out the candle.

I have a lot of favorite moments. One that sticks out in my head right now is a scene from Over a Barrel, when they are all on the train. I like that whole part from them being on the train until they blow out the candle.

Yeah, it's kinda funny. One of my least liked episodes, plus I dislike even the existence of the train in the first place, and yet that whole sequence of the seven on the train is also one of my favourite parts of the entire show.