Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Ponies have changed me

Skullbuster

The show hasn't changed my life all that significantly. But one thing I have noticed is that even though the friendship morals seem simple and childish, and it can be tempting to gloss over them, it's actually the simple things in life that either we forget or we take for-granted, and it's the simple things that are most important. It's good to be reminded of these simple truths on a regular basis, otherwise we lose sight of how we should be living our lives.

Before MLP, I got angry real easily. Sometimes, I even got really sad (Well, partially because my sister was in the hospital). I had been a brony for a short while before and forgot about, but then I discovered the show again. My sister got out of the hospital and I've been watching MLP and I'm a very happy person now!

I literally can't hate people anymore, even if I tried. I hate things and ideas, but in the end everyone is just a person with different ideas and solutions so don't hate the person, hate the solution.

Also it made me realize that life isn't as srs as it seems, so I'm starting to enjoy myself and take things a ton less seriuosly.

Edited by Fizzydog

How did MLP FIM change me? I realised that my friends and I could make it through everything! I taught me how to be outgoing, and allowed me to communicate with more people like me! Oh, and it made me happier, and although I could live without it, my life would be worse of if I didn't join the herd!

I've got a pretty boring story... but I'll put on here, and do what you want with it

Around February of 2011, I became first aware of the "My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic" craze, pretty much when it started...

I didn't think that much of it "Just a cartoon show for kids, nothing more... a fad that'll die sooner than it started" I thought to myself... Thinking back... HOW DARE I THINK THAT WAY?! ...anyways

Late May-Early June I began noticing Pony-themed of the odd thing I'd look up... It was a whole new look to me... "This is... adorable!" I thought to myself. Over the course of the next while, I had Sweetie Belle, (A member of the site, and a close personal friend) over, we were playing rockband, and we waited until 5:30 in the morning, and we watched the show on TV. The episode was "Party of None" The best episode to start with.

Since then, Sweetie Belle, Kurtiss, and I have been watching the new episodes every Saturday morning, and occasionally marathon older episodes.

It helped me really see the light in everything.

The simplest phrase, "Haters gonna hate".

I live by the brony code, and I swore to tolerate everything that stands between me and the show.

As the topic says, have you been changed or inspired at all by MLP? What exactly has changed about you?

I've found myself recently living by the morals taught in the show...it's brought me to realize many things. I'm not the person I used to be; no longer am I the bitter, self-centered person I once was. After thinking on many things...you realize that in the end, any sort of bad feelings towards anything is pointless; in the end you have only the time that you lived, that you were; and only the time that you truly enjoyed counts, only that time brings good about your spirit, your soul...and any anger or depression is dissolved into the past, into negativity, into nothing. It brings you no good to hold grudges or tear up at anything...and though, it may seem to be nice to have these feelings every once in a while, 'tis best to steer clear of them and stay happy, much as the element of Laughter would. It's very true; the only remedy for any illness of the mind is laughter, and through mental health, you gain physical health as well.

I'd elaborate on the subject, but I shan't bring myself to post another massive wall of text.

My point is, the show has had a few direct effects on me, as well as things brought about by those effects. It's the morals taught in the show that have enabled me to think this way, to realize this...

Aside from that, these days I find myself happy most of the time, all tension between me and the rest of my family has faded away, and I even made a small group of very close friends...of the sort with which the bonds will never fade, there will always be a special connection between us...a bond...a bond stronger than most...one that cannot be broken...as it has kept us together for the past 3 years.

Summarized...

You bring yourself to realize after much thought that anger, sadness, and negativity in life have no gain, they only poison your mind and your soul. Only when you find true happiness within something shall you realize this, that all of that bitterness is for nothing in the end...because you're basically playing a game...a game with which you only have one life, just one. You're born, and you're dead. That time in between these two inevitable events you must enjoy, love, and cherish, because your one and only life will eventually have to come to an end...

Only happiness can counter negativity, and only happiness is the remedy for all illness.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

For those of you wondering why I started a new thread for this, it's because it felt out of place for me to put it in the other thread about something related to this.

• Brohoof 4

Yeah, I honestly think I am a much nicer person sense watching Friendship is Magic. I was on a weird spiral of cynicism, but after becoming a brony and loving the show, I have actually enjoyed Earth more! Hell, I used to be the quiet dude that sat in the back of the room, now I use MLP to start conversations! it's weird, fun, well known, and has made me a better person!

Maybe I'm just weak minded or something (i'm a physicist, hard to believe) but this show had a much bigger impact on me than I ever could have thought... kinda creepy in a way!

For the first part EVERYTHING!

But seriously, it has really made me more I guess, "assertive" when it came to life. (I use to be scared of life) But now I've got a job, I'm taking my drivers test soon, and I've even been inspired to start writing and creating songs. Also I've finally been lifted out of my "pit of despair" because of it. I'm also not doing a... certain thing anymore... (that i will not speak of...) because I've started watching MLP.

Not really much...

I can't stop thinking about ponies in ways i'll leave out for the safety of the forums.

Most of my friends tend to talk shit about me loving MLP but since i tend not to care for most of my life, i can deal with it.

I've made lots of new friends & i love each & everyone you

Especially Braeburn/Omegaman1080 for turning me into a brony. I should give you 4000 mircosoft points.

Not really much...

I can't stop thinking about ponies in ways i'll leave out for the safety of the forums.

Most of my friends tend to talk shit about me loving MLP but since i tend not to care for most of my life, i can deal with it.

I've made lots of new friends & i love each & everyone you

Especially Braeburn/Omegaman1080/Big Boss for turning me into a brony. I should give you 4000 mircosoft points.

Fixed.

MLP:FiM gave me hope for cartoons. Within the first 5 minutes of watching it, the biggest smile appeared across my face.

Wow, where to start with this?

Well, before I became a brony, I felt pretty insecure about most things. Yeah, I was having fun and being social with my friends and all, but I always felt that I had something to prove or something to conform to. It was like I was trying to make myself live the common teenage lifestyle.

When I first starting getting into My Little Pony and lurking around the brony community, something inside me just clicked, "Wow, these people are happier than me, but they watch something that would make you a social outcast. What the hell is this?" So, I decided to give it a chance. The one thing I loved about bronies was how confident they, as a group, were about themselves. They were secure enough in theirselves and masculinity to say that they watch a little girl's cartoon, and dared you to say something about it. I wanted some of that for myself.

So, I fully embraced the happiness and joy the show brought and proudly proclaimed it. I found a new society that didn't expect you to constantly "get girls" 24/7; a society that would rather say "hello" to someone rather than ignore them because they aren't part of your social circle; a society full of talent and inspiration. Why? Only because of My Little Pony bringing us all together.

So OP, to answer your question, My Little Pony has completely changed my outlook on life. I'm a much more happier and confident person now that I've found someplace that understands me. I love ponies, and dare anyone to call me out on it. ;)

• Brohoof 3

For the first part EVERYTHING!

But seriously, it has really made me more I guess, "assertive" when it came to life. (I use to be scared of life) But now I've got a job, I'm taking my drivers test soon, and I've even been inspired to start writing and creating songs. Also I've finally been lifted out of my "pit of despair" because of it. I'm also not doing a... certain thing anymore... (that i will not speak of...) because I've started watching MLP.

It’s made me a bit more assertive as far as my take on life as well.

I looked negatively upon the most things and thought I never had much of a purpose for a while, it seemed like the world around me was declining. Then after I realized the potential of MLP and saw its simple way of portraying a positive message through an entertaining story, I began to view things personally from a more positive perspective. I’ve since noticed improvements in my attitude towards life, honesty, and ability to resolve arguments. After recently joining the forum I realized how welcoming and enjoyable everyone within the community is.

It has made me a nicer and much softer person. It taught me to Love and Tolerate rather than Hate everything. It gave me a home to discuss things with other like minded people. It gave me lot's of fan content that is just amazing! It gave me a tv show that proves even if it was intended for girls ages 3-12 it can still be a very good tv show. It showed me that not everything is a terrible waste of time and that you can find good entertainment these days even in the most unlikely places.

Hell it may have even saved my life since it helped me move on from some dark recesses of my mind!

As I wrote elsewhere: "it always cheers me up and since I became a brony, I never felt extremely sad or depressive again, no matter what happened.

I used to be a very shy and often pessimist person, but watching mlp:fim made me pretty optimistic. In difficult situations Pinkie, Twi, Dashie, AJ, Rarity and Fluttershy are showing in front of my inner eye and help me find a solution or make me feel more confident. Iam really amazed what strong positive influence this show can have on the viewer."

Also it helped me to understand my friends a bit better and I think I began to appreciate them more. The lessons that mlp teaches may seem kinda obvious, but it's a very good reminder and you can learn a lot of the Ponies and the situations they get in :)

• Brohoof 1

Heh. I didn't think I was the only one who actually took into mind that which meets the eyes and ears. I thought I was part of a handful.

Quite the opposite. ^_^

Well, it's nice to see that I'm not the only one who's been affected majorly by this. :)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ACHIEVEMENT UNLOCKED:

CREATE SUCCESSFUL THREAD

• 2 weeks later...

It's made me and my sister less hostile towards each other ^^ Whenever a new episode comes out, we watch it together, which is a huge step up from what we used to do together. AKA, nothing at all.

I turned her into a pega-sister when I accidently added "The New Lunar Republic" to her favorites. She loved it, did more research around that, and then loved the show.

My Little Pony's also helped me ignore the idiotic peers at my school. When they begin blabering as if they knew what they were saying (trust me, they don't), I just go to Equestria in my mind, and instantly I feel better.

Those are the two major things, and I don't really want to spam this post with the minor stuff.

• 4 weeks later...

Ponies have changed my life, If it wasn't for ponies I wouldn't of taken my art career persuit more seriously. And I also wouldn't of tried harder to make friends (using the lessons from the show). In the past 6 months of being a brony I have made tons of friends and even a few fans of my art work. It is trully a great feeling and I just want to share this with all of you because I mostly want to hear your stories, how has being a brony changed you? Is the outcome good, or bad? Has it changed you in anyway?

post-838-0-72933000-1329356099.png

• Brohoof 1