Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Which do you think is the least awkward? (Read on)

DeletedAcc

Sitting or Standing  

68 users have voted

1. 1. Which would you rather?

• Sitting while everyone else is standing.
    • Standing while everyone else is sitting.

(edited)

I feel awkward when I'm the only one sitting. If I'm the only one standing, it's either because I want to stand, or there isn't a chair. And I do like standing, so I don't mind.

An advantage to standing is that I'm ready to move, and I can always stand somewhere where I have a good view of everything going on in the room (such as a corner) with no blind spots. Yay, paranoia :/

Edited by Evilshy
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

Definitely standing. I can stand while others sit way longer than I can sit while others stand and still feel comfortable. I guess it's because I have full view then, whereas if you're sitting and others are standing you can't see past the standers as easily (so I guess it's space related for me).

Edited by LowfatEnvelope

It really depends...normally I'd rather sit while everyone else stands (to heck with them, I just wanna get comfortable :P), but if there's a reason they're standing, like for the National Anthem or some sort of remembrance, it would be rather awkward being the only one sitting.

Lol I can't even picture how that would look ^_^

I'll sit on your head while you stand! :lol:

• Brohoof 1

I can't be the only person who saw the thread title and thought it was about peeing, right?

Yeah, I'd rather be the only sitter unless there's some sort of presentation going on that I'd want to see. It stands out a lot less, and I'm not one to be the center of attention. I like to blend in, and if I have to be the only one doing something, I'd prefer to be as small and unnoticeable as possible.

• Brohoof 3

Standing while everyone else is sitting usually means that there wasn't enough seats so it's nothing special. Depending on the situation sitting while everyone else is standing(especially on public transportation) is kinda awkward. If I'm at a small party and there's on chair and i happen to get to it first i doesn't feel that weird. Someone else would have taken the seat anyway.