Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Brook

Where do you live? This thing about can't get better internet is not true, dude, do you know where i live? I live in Brazil, one of the places with the worst internet in the world, a place where the upload speed is not even close to 1Mb.

Well, did you choose the internet speed that you wanted? Something like this has happened to my neighbor, he just said that he wanted a better internet, and they did a little improvement on his internet,
( 0,5 Mb increase speed) together with like 50 dollars on the bill, and he just called his carrier, and he said that he wanted the internet speed of 10Mb, and they changed it, and they added nothing to his bill  ^_^

I live in estonia,it is a small country in eust europe. We cant  get wired internet,for some reason,the carried dosent allow ,and the fastest wifi is what we have. 13M/s down and 3M/s up.

I live in estonia,it is a small country in eust europe. We cant  get wired internet,for some reason,the carried dosent allow ,and the fastest wifi is what we have. 13M/s down and 3M/s up.

Oh, i can still be way better than mine, my internet speed is 9Mb of download (it used to be 4, but i guess the carrier just made a mistake and still didn't noticed it  :P )  and upload speed of 0.6 Mb, and i don't have much problems with it.

• Brohoof 1

Oh, i can still be way better than mine, my internet speed is 9Mb of download (it used to be 4, but i guess the carrier just made a mistake and still didn't noticed it  :P )  and upload speed of 0.6 Mb, and i don't have much problems with it.

My internet used to be 3down and 1 up,but luckly my dad got a better one :) Also we got some special deal with the carrier because the max that you normally get is 10 down and 3 up but we got 13down and 3 up

My desktop monitor is a Flatron E2350V. At 23", 1920 x 1080 resolution, and a contrast ratio of 5,000,000:1, it's a better screen than my TV. In fact, I've got my PS3 connected to it and if I'm by myself I prefer to watch movies on it.

I have an LG Flatron too, although off the top of my head I can't tell you which model, it's a 21.5" gaming one at 1920 x 1080, it's the perfect size for the table I have my PC on, good monitor.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a 15" laptop with 1366x768 screen. I had a 27" monitor before though. I miss it :(

But I can't have too many pixels on the screen since I have a really bad sight.

But I have a 40" TV that I use sometimes through my HDMI cable, which is AWESOME! It's 1900x1200 on that one, But I use 1280x720.

Edited by Wadeon
  • Brohoof 1

1366x768 as well, on my laptop, no idea about my stationary computer screen, I think it has 22 " I am mostly on laptop, since that old machine over there is starting to act up

• 1 month later...

I have 22" acer monitor at the moment. But I'm going to buy a now screen. It'll be a 27" and 1920x1080 since I don't want to spend the money needed for a 1440p screen.

Anyways, the monitor I want must have:

- A res at 1920x1080

- Dual HDMI

- 5ms or less response time.

So I have been looking at these three screens:

Samsung SyncMaster LS27B750VS

7465882.jpg

ASUS VE278H

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824236295

tn_ffccbdcb96ec7d7144e054b8f3d4c828.jpg

and the

Samsung SyncMaster S27B550V

http://www.samsung.com/hk_en/consumer/computer-peripherals/monitors/consumer/LS27B550VS/XK?subsubtype=series-5-led

http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1692381

tn_99842ad5607a0272724fe9c9b64d98ca.png

I have also been looking at the

Samsung S27A950D

which is almost the same as the LS27B750VS one but it looks a bit better, it's thinner and it has 3D support. Though it's a bit too expensive for me since the only thing that's making the price high is the 3D. And I think the "3D" in home TVs and monitors are kinda meh.

So help, which screen should I get?

If we're talking about computer monitor screens, I have a ~5.5/14 inch screen on my HP laptop. If we're talking about TV screens, the Magnavox flat screen in the room I'm in right now (Which isn't the best TV in my house, by the way.) is a ~27/16 inch.

Edited by /b/etez

Used to have 40", now I've got 23". It's so difficult to switch to a smaller screen :D Resolution is the same though (1920x1080) so everything is right on it's place but much much smaller.

gogo 1920 x 1080!

That is both the monitor size for my main computer and for my raspberry pi. My netbook's screen is the small 800 x 600, but honestly, I only use it for programming. I don't even boot into a GUI on it, I just work in the terminal.

The screen size on my laptop is about, well the regular size on all laptops. Not really going to be all specific for this one. Kudos to pointless topics! :P

Hm I have been thinking and I'm still not sure but.. I think I am going to buy a 2560x1440 screen. It's very expensive though. But it'll be an awesome experience

Hm I have been thinking and I'm still not sure but.. I think I am going to buy a 2560x1440 screen. It's very expensive though. But it'll be an awesome experience

Heh, I've never really understood the appeal such insane resolutions. I mean, my monitors at 1280x1024 on a 19" monitor, and that's already enough. That's pretty cool though if you could have a monitor like that. What screen-size is the monitor you're looking at?

I mean, when I'm playing Fallout 3 and other newer games, I tone it down to 1024x768, because I prefer higher settings to high resolution. That's just me, though.

• Brohoof 1

My laptop has a 17.5 that displays at 1600x900 in normal circumstances. It's big for a a laptop, but has the bonus of serving as a smaller size 720p HDTV when I watch movies and stuff on it. 

At least I assume 720, since when I try 1080 on it, it still looks the same as the 720. 

Edited by Shoboni

Heh, I've never really understood the appeal such insane resolutions. I mean, my monitors at 1280x1024 on a 19" monitor, and that's already enough. That's pretty cool though if you could have a monitor like that. What screen-size is the monitor you're looking at?

I mean, when I'm playing Fallout 3 and other newer games, I tone it down to 1024x768, because I prefer higher settings to high resolution. That's just me, though.

Well I'd like to have a big resolution. I mean the resolutions will only get bigger in the future, so why not..

The monitor I've been looking at is Asus 27" LED PB278Q

Edited by Jokuc

I was using my 40" 1080p TV while I was looking for a monitor. Now I am using a Samsung 23.6" LED. 1920x1080 with 2ms response time. It's a very nice monitor, I really like it.

My 15.6 inch LED backlit laptop screen is 1366x768.

Honestly the LED does make a huge difference with the screen, since ive seen a 42 inch LCD TV and compared it to this.

Even if the TV did have a 1920x1080 resolution (which it did), the coloring was just 10 times better on my laptop.

24" Dell U2410 1920x1200.  (the one with the extra color depth (the U2412 is actually the inferior model)).  When my 2405 was almost out I pretty much had the choice between the one I bought and the 30" dell 2560x1600.  I went with what I had because I figured 1920x1080 stuff would look worse on the 2560x1600 and because of the blue anomaly they are experiencing and third because it would overly stress even a high end video card. 

Mine's a desktop with a 1152 x 864 screen resolution. It may seem a bit...small for some, but that's actually how my graphics card can handle. I do look forward to buying a better one though. lol