Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Brook

• 3 months later...

PC: running a  22'' LCD Samsung Syncmaster 2243. I'm running at 1680 x 1050 resolution....it's an older monitor,so it doesn't have HDMI input, but I've got  DVII. 

Gaming on XBoX I got a 43'' Sanyo 1080p LCD hooked up with HDMI...not sure on the actual resolution...it was a cheap $300 TV parents got in the states awhile ago..

• 2 weeks later...

All of my Steam games, Diablo III, and Sims are played on my 13' MacBook Pro.  360 games go on the 32' (I think) tv that my roommate put in my room when he got huge ones for his room and the living room, occasionally I'll play on his 55' Smart tv, everything looks amazeballs on that thing!

• 6 months later...

I use this 1920 x 1600 LCD monitor. It isn't the best monitor in the world, but it does HD and it serves its general purpose. I've got this other one that's 1600 x 900 that I'd like to use as a secondary, but I don't have the room for it right now.

(Also don't tell Celestia, but I would love to get my hands on an old CRT monitor ;) )

Edited by Celtore
  • Brohoof 1

1920x1080. Huge step up from the 1366x768 I used to use.

Nice. I just have my 16.5 inch laptop. It's not good for modern gaming but the specs aren't too bad for everything else.

Course now they have 4k monitors that cost more than most people's entire rigs but hey ;)

Edited by Gamer Twilight

Nice. I just have my 16.5 inch laptop. It's not good for modern gaming but the specs aren't too bad for everything else.

Course now they have 4k monitors that cost more than most people's entire rigs but hey ;)

I got a 15.6" laptop too. It's built for gaming though.

I got a 15.6" laptop too. It's built for gaming though.

Unless it's alienware it's probably not the best way to go, not being upgradeable and all. 

I think mine has like a Pentium Turian 3.2ghz or something, 512mb radeon hd 5470, 4gb ram. 300gb memory.

Nothing special. I can play indie games on steam and all the old games I want on it, render videos at 720p all the stuff I need really.

1920 x 1080 (landscape) for my main and 900 x 1440 (portrait) for my second monitor

i use Internet Explorer. Because it's >Google Chrome

I think Chrome is better, but to each his own. As long as you're using IE 9 or later, it's all good. I want to punch anyone who bashes IE these days because it's actually pretty awesome nowadays. Sure starts a hell of a lot faster than Firefox, and that's coming from the guy who uses SSD's on two different machines. 

Edited by Woonatic

Unless it's alienware it's probably not the best way to go, not being upgradeable and all. 

I think mine has like a Pentium Turian 3.2ghz or something, 512mb radeon hd 5470, 4gb ram. 300gb memory.

Nothing special. I can play indie games on steam and all the old games I want on it, render videos at 720p all the stuff I need really.

This is my laptop. And yes, it's fully upgradeable.

1920x1080.

I use Internet Explorer. Because it's >Google Chrome.

Chrome is what I use. I've heard there is also Chromium but I've never tried it.

Chrome can be more cpu intensive but It does what I need.

Also you're banished to the moon for IE ;)

This is my laptop. And yes, it's fully upgradeable.

Not bad, the only thing I'd be concerned about is the CPU. 4 cores is probably fine for right now, but I doubt it'll be long before 8 core is the new 4 core, just like 4 core became the new dual core within less than 2 years.

My laptop cost about 1/3rd less than that when I got it like 3 years back, needless to say it's a lot less powerful.

Edited by Gamer Twilight

Not bad, the only thing I'd be concerned about is the CPU. 4 cores is probably fine for right now, but I doubt it'll be long before 8 core is the new 4 core, just like 4 core became the new dual core within less than 2 years.
 I'll be upgrading when the hardware is useless for gaming. I could upgrade to a GTX 780M right now if I really wanted to if I had a GTX 780M lying around and the money to even buy one but y'know what? It runs my games on high settings in 1080p so it's good enough for me.

I'll be upgrading when the hardware is useless for gaming. I could upgrade to a GTX 780M right now if I really wanted to if I had a GTX 780M lying around and the money to even buy one but y'know what? It runs my games on high settings in 1080p so it's good enough for me.

As long as you can upgrade the CPU and graphics card every 2 years it's not really an issue.

Ram and motherboard won't be an issue for much longer.

I'm out of the modern gaming scene as of right now (especially with the the new consoles and all).

I'm sticking to retro games for a while. PSP, dosbox, emulation, xbox 360, ps2, gamecube that's my bag.

Edited by Gamer Twilight