Gone Airbourne

The Ultimate Showdown  

179 users have voted

1. 1. Who's faster?

• Sonic The Hedgehog
    • Rainbow Dash
    • Tie

(edited)

The first time that i watched MLP: FIM I couldn't help but notice the similarities of Rainbow Dash & Sonic the Hedgehog. Throughout watching the episodes I have been wanting to see some crossovers... I know that there are fanfics that are really good. But I thought that it would be EPIC if like one or two episodes if the crossed over something like that.

Anyways if they were to do something like that what kind of crossovers would you like?
Also who would you think would win in a race? Sonic or Rainbow Dash :)

Edited by Gone Airbourne
  • Brohoof 2

Hmmmmm. We had a topic with these two along with two other candidates. Not sure if that's similar enough or not. I suppose not. Anywho though, this is my thoughts:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHkgO7mPdQs

A tie between both of them. Sonic has been a love of mine for years, but Dashie is best pony. They'd tie each other. There is no winner or loser.

• Brohoof 4

(edited)

I'm a fan of both, it's kinda hard to say though. Sonic is probably faster when he turns gold though xP

rainbow dash can fly and break the sound barrier i love the end of that video Edited by leo dash

(edited)

Hmmmmm. We had a topic with these two along with two other candidates. Not sure if that's similar enough or not. I suppose not. Anywho though, this is my thoughts:

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHkgO7mPdQs

A tie between both of them. Sonic has been a love of mine for years, but Dashie is best pony. They'd tie each other. There is no winner or loser.

xD I was just about to post that!

rainbow dash can fly and break the sound barrier

So can Sonic, but he's faster than the speed of light when hes Super Sonic Edited by RainbowDashLoyalty
  • Brohoof 1

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHkgO7mPdQs

haha i'd have to agree with you on that Amen :)

(edited)

In all honesty Sonic would win pretty easily.He ran around earth like 3 times fighting his counterpart in not even a minute.I think in his comics he's even hit light speed before.However,the epicness of a Sonic Rainboom is something Sonic can't even come close to (:

Edited by OdinForced
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

I do not know where to begin I could not think of a winner it probably be a tie but like I said it would be really cool if they did some crossovers with the mlp series with (certain) other series kind of like an animated fan fic.

Edited by GoneAirbourne

(edited)

Rainbow Dash can fly, manipulate clouds and break the sound barrier, all of it in literally 10 seconds flat and without help.

Sonic cannot fly, but is much more durable, to a point where he can cut metal with his spikes. But, he pretty much relies on Chaos Emeralds, and he can use them to become superior to RD: invincible, able to fly and to manipulate time and space. Also, there's Hyper Sonic state, which basically erradiates a permanent Sonic Rainboom all around and with no end. But, sadly, Hyper Sonic is more of a one-day gameplay gimmick, carrying little to no meaning to the setting, so it can just be ignored.

Rainbow Dash is awesome just by herself. Sonic, if he finds certain hidden artifacts, is vastly more awesome. Without those artifacts, I think it's really a tie between Sonic and Dash.

But I prefer Sonic's design over RD's.

Edited by Sepraxian

Sonic is cool, but Rainbow Dash is just 20% cooler. She is just that awesome! Sonic is slow compared to RBD! Sonic got's no sonic rainboom! Or a rainbow mushroom cloud nuke!

(edited)

It's time for an unpopular opinion. I prefer Sonic.

No, I am not a die-hard fan of the franchise. I don't care who is "faster." That doesn't mean jack to me. I will speak of Sonic in terms of the SEGA games, not the comics or the TV shows. Sonic does fantastic things for the sake of others. He has a true heart of gold and is willing to help anyone in need because he is humane. I agree that sometimes he has ridiculous power-ups such as the Werehog or Hyper Sonic. Super Sonic is all that's needed.

"Well, I don't show off, don't criticize."

Rainbow Dash does the complete opposite. She saved the foal in the infamous Mare-Do Well episode so she can show off how "awesome" she is. She is boasty and does most things for the sake of reputation. Don't get me wrong: Rainbow Dash used to be my favorite character when I first started watching the show, now she has managed to plunge down to my 4th favorite of the mane 6. She isn't that great of a role-model compared to Twilight Sparkle, who always keeps the bonds of her friends together, whether it be arguing over a Gala ticket or settling Applejack and Rarity down. Sure, she is the main character, so she is going to have leader-like morals.

Sonic, being the main character of his own series, is going to be the same way. I generally see him being more admirable. Does that mean he's perfect? No. Does that mean he's God? No. It means he has a heart of gold.

I also hate the Sonic/Rainbow Dash ship.

Edited by Tam
  • Brohoof 1

Rainbow Dash IS 20% cooler.

Sonic is cool, but Rainbow Dash is just 20% cooler. She is just that awesome! Sonic is slow compared to RBD! Sonic got's no sonic rainboom! Or a rainbow mushroom cloud nuke!

And that's all there is to it, folks. ;)

(edited)

The question is a RACE...not who is cooler. I think people are voting RD because...well this is an MLP forum

Just like in the other one...RD has no chance of beating the Flash...and in this case I would say Sonic would win in a race handily. As stated in the flash thread...RD made supersonic speeds...Sonic has travelled around the Earth in less than a minute...across continents in a few seconds...so no offense but RD isn't close to that...at her best she broke the sound barrier

I still thinkg RD is much cooler...but faster? no chance

Edited by Cupcake Ice Cream

It's time for an unpopular opinion. I prefer Sonic.

No, I am not a die-hard fan of the franchise. I don't care who is "faster." That doesn't mean jack to me. I will speak of Sonic in terms of the SEGA games, not the comics or the TV shows. Sonic does fantastic things for the sake of others. He has a true heart of gold and is willing to help anyone in need because he is humane. I agree that sometimes he has ridiculous power-ups such as the Werehog or Hyper Sonic. Super Sonic is all that's needed.

"Well, I don't show off, don't criticize."

Rainbow Dash does the complete opposite. She saved the foal in the infamous Mare-Do Well episode so she can show off how "awesome" she is. She is boasty and does most things for the sake of reputation. Don't get me wrong: Rainbow Dash used to be my favorite character when I first started watching the show, now she has managed to plunge down to my 4th favorite of the mane 6. She isn't that great of a role-model compared to Twilight Sparkle, who always keeps the bonds of her friends together, whether it be arguing over a Gala ticket or settling Applejack and Rarity down. Sure, she is the main character, so she is going to have leader-like morals.

Sonic, being the main character of his own series, is going to be the same way. I generally see him being more admirable. Does that mean he's perfect? No. Does that mean he's God? No. It means he has a heart of gold.

I also hate the Sonic/Rainbow Dash ship.

By no means am I trying to ship them... I simply like both characters a lot and see a awesome similarity between them. RD = Much more epic partner than Tails xD! Anyways no I'm not shipping them don't get the wrong idea lol.

(edited)

By no means am I trying to ship them... I simply like both characters a lot and see a awesome similarity between them. RD = Much more epic partner than Tails xD! Anyways no I'm not shipping them don't get the wrong idea lol.

Judging by your appearance on this forum, I didn't think you were shipping at all. I did at one point want to point out that I despise that "crack" pairing, though. I know he had girlfriends and such in the comics and cartoons, but bleh to that, I consider Sonic practically asexual in terms of the canon games, so that would never work out. I don't mind shipping within the actual MLP universe (Applejack/Rainbow Dash; Soarin'Braeburn are examples of impossible ships), but when it comes to stuff like Sonic/Rainbow Dash, I detest it.

I'm also going to have to disagree with you about Tails. I think he is a timeless, adorable sidekick. Rainbow Dash is far too conceded to follow someone unless she was too lazy to lead the way.

Edited by Tam

Judging by your appearance on this forum, I didn't think you were shipping at all. I did at one point want to point out that I despise that "crack" pairing, though. I know he had girlfriends and such in the comics and cartoons, but bleh to that, I consider Sonic practically asexual in terms of the canon games, so that would never work out. I don't mind shipping within the actual MLP universe (Applejack/Rainbow Dash; Soarin'Braeburn are examples of impossible ships), but when it comes to stuff like Sonic/Rainbow Dash, I detest it.

I'm also going to have to disagree with you about Tails. I think he is a timeless, adorable sidekick. Rainbow Dash is far too conceded to follow someone unless she was too lazy to lead the way.

Now i agree with you 100% there about the shipping stuff. I don't hate tails by anymeans as well

(edited)

-was a video here deleted for space-

I can't beleive i have never seen this before!!!!

Edited by Thyflesh

• 2 weeks later...