Sonik Super Sand Hedgehog VS Rainslow Hash

Gone Airbourne

The Ultimate Showdown  

179 users have voted

1. 1. Who's faster?

• Sonic The Hedgehog
    • Rainbow Dash
    • Tie

Actually in the original, i'm refering to sega genesis v1, his shoes are what makes him run so quickly, aannnnnnd.... He can run AT the speed of sound.

You may be thinking of the remastered, or a later version of sonic, not his debut.

and yes she does say that, but we are referring to the formula that proves her speed, not her verbal comment.

in general everything is flawed ^^ the show contradicted it by stating her speed, and her actual speed, sonic contradicts himself by getting faster as the decades went on ^^ all i'm saying bro.

Your starting to degrade to stubborn fanboy logic, also sonic got older as the games went on, and the speed of the first ever game is not cannon anymore.

actually i'm no fanboy, i could care less for sonic ^^ aha and i'm not trying to say i love MLP over it. I honestly don't care, i am using only reason, and things that i own to make my point... i even at the end of my reply stated loosely, i don't care to argue with you anymore, good day, i bid thee adieu

Something tells me that Rainbow Dash and Sonic the Hedgehog wouldnt like each other very much. Their personalities just sort of clash. As for who is faster I said RD. I do not think we have seen RDs top speed even on the show because every time she has done a rainboom, she had to land soon after. From the way it looks in the show, holding supersonic speed is a lot easier than breaking supersonic speed. That said if she kept on pushing in a straight line (like if she were trying for a speed record from Ponyville to Los Pegasus) I think she could reach higher speeds than we have seen.

And with all these facts on the table, I put my money on Rainbow Dash. Given that Sonic isn't given an infinite amount of rings and Super Sonic form from the get go, Dashie would easily outfly Sonic, even if he received Super Sonic later on.

I'm not sure you understand how fast light, and therefore Super Sonic, is. 

There seems to be some argument over the validity of calculations for RDs speed. Several people have calculated her at Mach 1, Mach 5, Mach 10, etc. 

Let's say her top speed is Mach 10. 

Sonic, on the other hand, seems to have an established base speed of Mach 1 or 2, but can reach light speed or more in super form. But since I'm about to do math, I'm capping him at light speed, because physics says so. 

Let's say RD has unlimited stamina and never has to eat, sleep, piss, or anything other than fly at Mach 10. 

Now, even at this considerable speed, Super Sonic can run 881,742 times as fast. According to my calculations, if RD was flying at Mach 10 for all 31,556,926 seconds of a year, Sonic could literally stand around for most of the year, then go Super form at the 31,556,925.9999988759 second mark and still win.

It would take a Mach 10 RD approximately 27,827,977,070,000 years to fly a distance it would take SS a single full second to catch up to her.

Now, IIRC, Sonic can go Super if he has 100 rings. Meaning that, if he can get a speed boost from individual rings even without the full 100, each one contributes a 2,297,921 m/s speed increase. So even with a single ring, he far outstrips RD. But I'm not sure that's how it works, so meh :/

• Brohoof 1

• 2 months later...

Well, Rainbow Dash can just fly over any obstacles Sonic has to deal with, right? It would be a close race, but I think Dash would win.

Anyway.

No matter how much i love Rainbow Dash this win goes to Sonic.

But since he can't use Super Sonic i'm not so sure.

Super Sonic - Sonic wins with ease

Not super Sonic - Tie

And creating a thread featuring a character from MLP on a MLP forum isn't the smartest thing ever.

People won't use their brain and say Rainbow Dash because they are to stuck up.

• Brohoof 1

Silly little mobians...

Sonic would definetly win...

Let's see... RDs rainboom can only happen when she breaks the sound barrier...

Sonic breaks the sound barrier when ever he wants...

So sonic is definetly the winner

Obviously Sonic. Obviously. I mean, the fastest animal on earth can only go 1/4th of sonic's speed. Besides, rainbow dash requires a little more energy than sonic to break the sound barrier.

• Brohoof 2

I...Uh...Errmmmm.....Tie? Yeah a tie, though if I HAD to pick one of them then I'd say Sonic for a couple of reasons.

1. While they can both break the sound barrier Sonic has an easier time doing so, almost doing it instantly as seen in most of his recent games. [unleashed, Colors, etc]

2. It's possible Sonic can travel at the speed of light even while he's out of his super form as seen with the Light Speed Dash. Granted he can only do it when near a trail of rings but it shows he is technicality faster than Dash is. Or at least as the potential to be faster.

3. I like Sonic better as a character so im slightly biased

If it wasn't a tie it would be a very, VERY close win for either of them though I think Sonic just has more to work with.

It takes a very honest brony to say a non-pony character can beat a pony, especially one of the mane six. Haha.

Because of my "loyalty" (Get it. Rainbow Dash. Loyalty. Hahaha :lol: ....hum :unsure: ) to the show, and simply because of her unmatched will to win, I would say Rainbow Dash.

Sonic has the Chaos Emeralds, Rainbow Dash doesn't. Even without them, Sonic can still get speed signs that make him go so fast that he can travel into the past or future!

Try having Dashie do that. No offense to her because she's my favorite, but Sonic definitely would win.

>Post Sonic vs. Rainbow Dash in an MLP forum

>Rainbow Dash has more votes

Go figure.

Anyway, I vote Sonic--he's the fastest thing in the world, going at the speed of sound without breaking a sweat.

• Brohoof 1

This poll is totally not bias. Herpaderp ;)

On a serious note, this can depend.

Are they restricted to ground? Are there obstacles on the ground?

I don't think Rainbow Dash can outRUN Sonic, but may outfly him.

And unless Sonic becomes Sonic Auditore, he can't win without the flat ground.

My vote goes for a tie.

~Unbelievability

Anyway.

No matter how much i love Rainbow Dash this win goes to Sonic.

But since he can't use Super Sonic i'm not so sure.

Super Sonic - Sonic wins with ease

Not super Sonic - Tie

And creating a thread featuring a character from MLP on a MLP forum isn't the smartest thing ever.

People won't use their brain and say Rainbow Dash because they are to stuck up.

finally! Someone who is realistic...the facts are what they are. We know Dashie has broken the sound barrier which is impressive but Sonic is so much faster...

I think ponies are voting like you said because OP posted about a pony

As much as I hate to say it, Sonic would win :'|

Of course RD fans are going to say her, because she's their favorite pony. Although in reality, it would be Sonic.

:/

The question is would Sonic be given the Chaos Emeralds? Because without those he can't transform into Super Sonic. I would say Rainbow Dash if Sonic has no Chaos Emeralds mainly because she can fly and her Sonic Rainboom would leave him in the dust which she doesn't need any gems or anything. Who knows what if the Element of Loyalty makes her faster?

• Brohoof 1

The question is would Sonic be given the Chaos Emeralds? Because without those he can't transform into Super Sonic. I would say Rainbow Dash if Sonic has no Chaos Emeralds mainly because she can fly and her Sonic Rainboom would leave him in the dust which she doesn't need any gems or anything. Who knows what if the Element of Loyalty makes her faster?

Agreed, I'm not going to pretend to know anything about the limitations of sonic's speed or Dash's for that matter, but there is no reason that sonic should get a god mode power up. The race should be in neutral conditions.

• 3 weeks later...

It all depends on the situation that they are in. If it were a foot race, then Sonic would win. But if it was a race in the sky, then victory would go to Dashie  :wub:.

In all honesty, I don't really care which of the 2 are faster. Like you said, these two have so much in common that it would be like a match made in heaven. Both Rainbow and Sonic are competitive and cocky, but they are also loyal to their friends and you can always depend on them no matter what.

They would be great Rivals and at the same time best friends. 

• 1 month later...

I know I'm posting this on a MLP forum. So let's try to avoid our personal bias here. Let's be objective. It's really hard to determine who is faster. But I know both these characters can break the sound barrier. I would give one edge to rainbow dash since she is air born and Sonic has to overcome ground obstacles. But then again Super Sonic can fly as well. So it boils down to this. Rainbow Dash in sonic rainboom mode vs Super Sonic or Hyper Sonic if you played Sonic 3 and Knuckles

Eh, I'd still say Rainbow dash is faster. I mean, sonic can run pretty fast, but usually flying is faster than running, so I'm going with Rainbow Dash. However, I've never seen Super or Hyper Sonic, so I don't know about those 2.