Sonik Super Sand Hedgehog VS Rainslow Hash

Gone Airbourne

The Ultimate Showdown  

179 users have voted

1. 1. Who's faster?

• Sonic The Hedgehog
    • Rainbow Dash
    • Tie

Ok, let's put it this way; They both travel faster than the speed of sound and both can commit  a Sonic Boom, yes, Rainbow Dash needs to keep height and sustain her energy to keep flight. Where as Sonic just runs for the heck of it, even when he's running, he can reach over Mach 1 (obviously!) and upwards... When we get to the power ups, obviously RD has no chance. But in comparison they're both awesome! :) (Yes, I'm a HUGE Sonic fan...) 

If Sonic and RD were to actually race in one of their respective cartoons, I'd have the biggest nerdgasm ever. I LOVE Sonic the Hedgehog as well as MLP, so I would love to see them race, and with Sonic Boom coming out, not to mention it's being made by Lauren Faust, we might just be able to see that.

However, if they DO race, I'd want it to be a tie. Sonic can't do an Rainboom and Dash doesn't have a Super OR Hyper form. I'd want it to be a tie, because if one of them actually wins, one group of supporters will, I repeat, WILL get pissed off at the outcome.

To prevent a (Not as big) explosion, they should tie. They're evenly matched in my book, anyways.

They should tie as they did in a Sonic vs. Rainbow Dash fan animation. By the way if you guys haven't seen that you should totally look it up ^_^

They're both insanely fast so it's only logical for them to tie. I honestly just can't see one beating the other :P They're both awesome, end of story B)

They should tie as they did in a Sonic vs. Rainbow Dash fan animation. By the way if you guys haven't seen that you should totally look it up   They're both insanely fast so it's only logical for them to tie. I honestly just can't see one beating the other They're both awesome, end of story

Lmao this thread I made is so so old xD! 

My new vote is for this speedy little demon 

Speedy_Gonzales.jpg

I think Sonic would win though to be honest and on topic :P

• Brohoof 2

Lmao this thread I made is so so old xD! 

My new vote is for this speedy little demon 

Speedy_Gonzales.jpg

I think Sonic would win though to be honest and on topic :P

SPEEDY!! :D Man he's so cute. ^_^ Every time I watch a cartoon with him in it I always wonder whether he could beat Dash or not :huh: Meh, probably another tie :P

• Brohoof 1

Someone needs to get on this a do a cartoon deathrace to the finish xD. I would really like to see something like that happen. 

Yeah I already saw a Sonic and Dash race, I want to see a Dash and Speedy race. That ought to be interesting ^_^

I realize that Sonic has claimed he's "faster than the speed of sound", but I've never seen him break the sound barrier or anything special in any game or TV series, so I would say Rainbow Dash is faster otherwise.

I'm not going to bother pulling up sources but...cmon. If you've seen Sonic Generations and Sonic Unleashed that's the closest thing we'll have in video games to surpassing the sound barrier or going even faster.

That's not even counting videos online where people can surpass the maximum possible speed that the game limits you normally and can glitch out to go FASTER.

So yeah, gottagofast indeed.

• Brohoof 1

Both characters have shown themselves capable of breaking the sound barrier, so I'd say their speeds are about equal. In a race, though, Rainbow Dash has the distinct advantage of flight, which would allow her to clear obstacles such as water and rough terrain with ease. I'd lean toward Dash for this one, but I admit it'd be a close call.

Of course, we all know Sonic's nemesis Dr. Eggman is faster than both of them.

938798_20071108_embed002.jpg

Even Super Sonic can't keep up with this mad genius.

I grew up with the Blue Blur and can't bring myself to see anything or anyone being faster than him. Now i'm not going to do any science mumbo jumbo and theory bull**** but I do want to say this.

I cannot remember the source, whether it be on this site or somewhere else, but even Loran Faust said that its just a spoof of the name sonic boom. Which can only be broken by speeds greater than Mach 1. And that is it.

Let's also remember that these are games and T.V shows so seeing which one is faster is impossible, and quite frankly childish, unless they were somehow real. Or when the creators confirm the speeds.

SPEEDY!! :D Man he's so cute. ^_^ Every time I watch a cartoon with him in it I always wonder whether he could beat Dash or not :huh: Meh, probably another tie :P

No. Speedy wouldnt beat dashie. He hasnt broken the sound barrier yet!

Both characters have shown themselves capable of breaking the sound barrier, so I'd say their speeds are about equal. In a race, though, Rainbow Dash has the distinct advantage of flight, which would allow her to clear obstacles such as water and rough terrain with ease. I'd lean toward Dash for this one, but I admit it'd be a close call.

Of course, we all know Sonic's nemesis Dr. Eggman is faster than both of them.

img-2142223-1-938798_20071108_embed002.j

Even Super Sonic can keep up with this mad ge

Sonic and Dash have both broken the Sound barrier (Sonic alone has gone faster than light). Gametheory used really bad logic. Supposing Sonic was running at max speed, faulty calculations and BAD game calculations. In their actuall sense, RD has gone up to mach 1.2 max and Sonic has gone faster than light in occasions.

Remember all those times Sonic ran around the planet in a day?

Remember in the sonic X Anime when Sonic implied that his home planet, Mobius, is bigger than Earth?

Rainbow Dash is fast, and her Sonic Rainboom can rival what one of Sonic's press-X-to-Boost button-presses can do. Sonic can run across water.

Remember all those times Sonic ran around the planet in a day?

Remember in the sonic X Anime when Sonic implied that his home planet, Mobius, is bigger than Earth?

Rainbow Dash is fast, and her Sonic Rainboom can rival what one of Sonic's press-X-to-Boost button-presses can do. Sonic can run across water.

Her rainboom has the same effect of a starting Sonic boost would do. But remember, the longer the boost is pressed down the faster Sonic goes. In theory in Sonic Generations he would be able to move at infinite speed, hence his menu boost is unlimited. Lol!

• 4 months later...

I must say, this would be a close race!

But Rainbow Dash blows Sonic out of the water

Due to some studying of mine, dash can ALMOST reach the speed of light, which is proven by the rainbow that follows her post-Rainboom. Also considering that both of them can break the barrier in less than 10 seconds, Dash can amp her speed up afterwards as sonic needs to struggle with his top speed, which according to my calculations, is about 2500 Mph, as Dadh can accelerate to just about 7621 mph, but when sonic becomes his super form, his speed quadruples, to over 10000 mph, where he can possibly get ahead of Dash, but this (as we all know) cannot last a full minute, allowing him to travel only 1333.3 miles, which would take dash aproxamently 15 minutes to regain her leadership, which will take less, considering that sonic will be behind Dash in the circumstance.

Rainbow Dash blew the competition away.

Rainbow Dash would win. It wouldn't be close. Rainbow Dash's sonic Rainboom occurs when she goes Mach 5 speeds, 5 times the speed of sound. When the Rainboom occurs, her speed instantly doubles, going to Mach 10, 10 times the speed of sound. Sonic can only go Mach 3 at his fastest.

One word: flight. Even if sonic runs faster, He's going to have to avoid obstacles that Rainbow Dash can just flight faster. And that's disregarding the fact that Dash basically goes Mach speed.

(edited)

I think Sonic's faster, but I really think this topic should have died out a while ago. I hope this doesn't become the next "Goku vs Superman". I have never seen so much fanboys/girls in my life! It just makes me sick, the way fanboys ruin everything! People should be debating in a calm, tolerating way, not shooting blind, childish, petty insults in a fiery rage. Is anyone else here tired of fanboys ruining discussions and debates?!

Edited by Shenron00

I must say, this would be a close race!

But Rainbow Dash blows Sonic out of the water

Due to some studying of mine, dash can ALMOST reach the speed of light, which is proven by the rainbow that follows her post-Rainboom. Also considering that both of them can break the barrier in less than 10 seconds, Dash can amp her speed up afterwards as sonic needs to struggle with his top speed, which according to my calculations, is about 2500 Mph, as Dadh can accelerate to just about 7621 mph, but when sonic becomes his super form, his speed quadruples, to over 10000 mph, where he can possibly get ahead of Dash, but this (as we all know) cannot last a full minute, allowing him to travel only 1333.3 miles, which would take dash aproxamently 15 minutes to regain her leadership, which will take less, considering that sonic will be behind Dash in the circumstance.

Rainbow Dash blew the competition away.

If you calculated that, then I'm obliged to say that your calculations are extremely off. I hope this dissent come of rudely. Rainbow Dash calculated in actual terms has reached as a max speed mach 1.2. Sonic, on the other hand has broken the speed barrier, basically hitting infinite speed.

Rainbow Dash would win. It wouldn't be close. Rainbow Dash's sonic Rainboom occurs when she goes Mach 5 speeds, 5 times the speed of sound. When the Rainboom occurs, her speed instantly doubles, going to Mach 10, 10 times the speed of sound. Sonic can only go Mach 3 at his fastest.

A rain boom occurs at mach 1, not five, hence it is a Sonic boom with a rainbow. That's what was stated inside the show. Sonic does not have a max speed of mach 3. In games he has reached as much as mach 7 and in others he has gone faster than light, or moving at infinite speed(too lazy to post the image here. Lol) Rainbow dash has reached an impressive max speed of mach 1.2, but it still isnt fast enough for Sonic.

I think Sonic's faster, but I really think this topic should have died out a while ago. I hope this doesn't become the next "Goku vs Superman". I have never seen so much fanboys/girls in my life! It just makes me sick, the way fanboys ruin everything! People should be debating in a calm, tolerating way, not shooting blind, childish, petty insults in a fiery rage. Is anyone else here tired of fanboys ruining discussions and debates?!

Those who are rude and inconsiderate should be banned. If you think this is a large quantity of fanboys/fangirls boy you missed out on a lot of other places. YouTube is worst and so is comic vine. Its a shame to see such places ruined.

Those who are rude and inconsiderate should be banned. If you think this is a large quantity of fanboys/fangirls boy you missed out on a lot of other places. YouTube is worst and so is comic vine. Its a shame to see such places ruined.

Oh no, you see, I was talking about the fanboy/girls all over the Internet, not just this forum. You make a really good point about YouTube and I'm not sure what Comic Vine is, but I don't think I want to know.

• 4 weeks later...

Oh no, you see, I was talking about the fanboy/girls all over the Internet, not just this forum. You make a really good point about YouTube and I'm not sure what Comic Vine is, but I don't think I want to know.

I'm aware. I'm sorry for not making that obvious. Comic vine is a forum about comics and sometimes debates. Its out of control there. They even banned any battle that would contain, as they claimed Base Archie Sonic beats 95% of fiction. Lol.