Sonik Super Sand Hedgehog VS Rainslow Hash

Gone Airbourne

The Ultimate Showdown  

179 users have voted

1. 1. Who's faster?

• Sonic The Hedgehog
    • Rainbow Dash
    • Tie

What do you expect from eggman. He can literally teleport out of the way. In any case it would be a Hyper blackhole or a Hyper vortex which is equivalent to a normal blackhole. They are in fact lightspeed. FTL means faster than light. Thats what sonic is, not wisps. Laser wisps are LS, Sonic outran them making him FTL. Dude, think about this. Sonic survived a blast and a blackhole. In comics, he survived a multiverse destroying attack. So, falls? Im not to surprised though. He has hit infinite speed on an occasion though... I have to find out where.

I'd like to know how the heck is eggman supposed to get out of the white void when he has to machine or tech on that side. And did Robotnik actually have ago at getting his teaching degree.

Sonic is the fastest on the ground when it comes to speed. Dash is the fastest when it comes to flight. Both would easily beat the other as sonic can't fly and dash can't hyper-run (even her lightning strut stunt requires flight for speed & momentum).

Granted. My point is simply that without power ups, RD's max speed in the air exceeds Sonic's on the ground. If the two raced with RD in the air and Sonic on the ground, RD would win.

Granted. My point is simply that without power ups, RD's max speed in the air exceeds Sonic's on the ground. If the two raced with RD in the air and Sonic on the ground, RD would win.

And Rainbow Dash can fly more or less as the crow flies while sonic as to avoid things and is more or less bound to the lay of the land.

Edited by Malinter

And Rainbow Dash can fly more or less as the crow flies while sonic as to avoid things and is more or less bound to the lay of the land.

Dude, I'm comparing their max speeds here. Even if Sonic ran on a flat track surface, with no powerups he'd still not be able to match RD in terms of speed. RD is able to reach Mach 10 while Sonic can't without relying on any power ups, and that's running unimpeded by anything.

• Brohoof 1

I'd like to know how the heck is eggman supposed to get out of the white void when he has to machine or tech on that side. And did Robotnik actually have ago at getting his teaching degree.

Simple, he probally had teleportation on his side. And he might havee had some leftover wisp energy in his hoverthings. lol

Dude, I'm comparing their max speeds here. Even if Sonic ran on a flat track surface, with no powerups he'd still not be able to match RD in terms of speed. RD is able to reach Mach 10 while Sonic can't without relying on any power ups, and that's running unimpeded by anything.

Wrong. Sonic has outrun lasers and moved Faster than light. RD wouldent win. She wouldent cathc up. Sorry, but she just cant win.

Rainbow dash is faster she can brake the sound barrier along with the light spectrum,

sonic on the other hand I think he has done a sonic boom but I have not seen him bust the light spectrum!

Rainbow dash is faster she can brake the sound barrier along with the light spectrum,

sonic on the other hand I think he has done a sonic boom but I have not seen him bust the light spectrum!

Actually, Sonic has broken and gone faster than the speed of sound many occasions with no stress at all. He runs for fun and has traversed into outer space and round the galaxy many times. Occasionally with Sonic forming the power of Chaos from the Chaos emeralds, he turns Super Sonic and can apparently run/fly faster than the speed of light. In the Sonic games SEGA obviously didn't make Sonic run at the speed of sound because you could hardly control him then! Sonic has taken on god's, demon's, mad scientists and evil wizards with a smirk and a laugh.

To compare Sonic and Rainbowdash... Sonic helps other's with his gift, he cares for the world and even the criminals. On the other hand, Rainbowdash is self confident, boasts too much and can only travel at the speed of sound. I say Sonic is a much better role model than Rainbowdash.

My say is on Sonic... although I still do like Rainbowdash.

Actually Sonic can win from Mach 1 upwards on his own with no powerup's... 'n' i'm not lying 'cause it said it the character enyclopedia. :)

It might on a more neutral forum, but you're going to get roughly a 90% vote for Rainbow Dash here.

Still, we know what Dash's top speed is. Has anyone figured out Sonic's?

Well if you count breaking light speed and travelling faster than the speed of sound... with no stress, then yes. Sonic roughly travels normally at the speed of sound ( 343.2 metres per second ) but can also travel at light speed ( The speed of light: Its value is exactly 299,792,458 metres per second, a figure that is exact because the length of the metre is defined from this constant and the international standard for time.[1] This is approximately 186,282.4 miles per second, or about 671 million miles per hour. According to special relativity, c is the maximum speed at which all energy, matter, and information in the universe can travel. It is the speed at which all massless particles and associated fields (including electromagnetic radiation such as light) travel in vacuum. It is also the speed of gravity (i.e. of gravitational waves) predicted by current theories. Such particles and waves travel at c regardless of the motion of the source or the inertial frame of reference of the observer. In the theory of relativity, c interrelates space and time, and also appears in the famous equation of mass–energy equivalence E = mc2. ) and there's your scientific answer! :)

Rainbow Dash can fly and break the sound barrier and create a rainbow at the same time. I don't know much about Sonic - but from what I've seen from him, he is fast, but not that fast.

Besides, Rainbow Dash never loses - Rainbow Dash is awesome.

Rainbow Dash can fly and break the sound barrier and create a rainbow at the same time. I don't know much about Sonic - but from what I've seen from him, he is fast, but not that fast.

Besides, Rainbow Dash never loses - Rainbow Dash is awesome.

Sonic never looses either; apart fro time to time when some of his most loyal friends bailed and saved the world from disaster.

Sonic travels at the speed of sound and faster, although time to time when harnessing the power of Chaos from the Chaos emeralds he turns Gold, invulnerable and can Break Light Speed.

Ive been debating with many people on the subject. WHO is faster? Sonic the hedgehog or RD? I am goig to be as less biased as possible.

Lets begin with RD's max speed.

Many people have claimed RD max speed to be mach 10. I claim that to be false. Calculating speeds using a mach cone is extreemly inconsistant and that cone before the rainboom is not a mach cone but the formation of one. First we will use information from other episodes and the sonic rainboom. APPLE BUCK SEASON episode if im correct, aj was tired and kept failing to fall on a plank rd asked her to jump on. AJ showed an acceleratioal force of 9.48 meters per 2 seconds ~ average. RD has equivalent or less mass and weight than applejack.

Now lets take a look at the sonic rainboom episode:

1) When TWilight sparkel asks what a sonic rainboom pinky pie explicitly states that a sonic rainboom is when a sonic boom and a rainbow happen at the same time. Now when is a sonic boom produced? Over mach 1. SO that so called mach cone isnt one at all because a rainboom hasent been reached yet so it cant be mach 1. Why? Shes still approaching a rainboom. So i conclude that the apperance before the rainboom is a formation of a mach cone. The Sonic rainboom is at its max speed in this episode. IT DOES NOT reach mach 2 because of no future visible mach cone.

Now lets calculate her downfaling + sonic rainboom speed. This is her FULL MAX woth gravity on her side in meters per second. 35 seconds is the avrg time she is diving down for.

9.48*35/2*2= 331.8 meters per second plus wing force whic is equivalent to another number ofeters per second is equivalent to a little over the speed of sund because of the production of a rainboom is equivalent to a bit over the speed of sound. IM Only saying she can go over it because the creators stated it was a pun of a sonic boom. So if the creatpra hadent sated such a thing she would be subsonic at most. SO SHE IS over the speed of sound but not close to mah 2 or mach 1.4 because of no future visible mach cone.

Now lets see Sonic's MAX speed. Well... Nothing has been said about his max.

Lets just see his original speed in games.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=JVcKhKCALCg

Here is Sonic Unleashed

So these are the speeds. Currently he is faster than RD with these speeds. Game Thoery is a NOT here. Why? His calculations have been terrible. If you want to ask why PM me instead of posing it here.

For those who continue to say Rainbow Dash is MACH 10 something about that has been shown to. 

Sonic is faster than light. No, not in his Super Form(Super Sonic). In his normal sense. 

Proof:

Comics, hes been shown moving 58 trillion times the speed of light and up. Comics are canon as of 3 years ago, Sega made them canon in Sonic HQ.

Games: He has the light speed Dash and Light Speed Attack. Lightspeed moves. He can also produce the Light Speed Dash without rings in Sonic Adventure 1 where he charge up and spindash aimlessly at lightspeed. Sonic Rush: Sonic outruns a blackhole.

More information here about Sonic's speed feats:

http://whatnoww.freeforums.org/sonic-vs-the-flash-t39.html

(Its too long to post here)

So in conclusion to all doubts, Sonic beats RD.

But really fast for a pegasi pony!

Sonic>Flash>Superman/Zoom>Rainbow dash> Road runner> Speedy Gonzales>Atomic ant> Other 50 characters. RD is high up the rankings!

This should conclude all!

If anybody wants to ask anything ask it here and I will answear them i order! Good day!

Ive been debating with many people on the subject. WHO is faster? Sonic the hedgehog or RD? I am goig to be as less biased as possible.

Lets begin with RD's max speed.

Many people have claimed RD max speed to be mach 10. I claim that to be false. Calculating speeds using a mach cone is extreemly inconsistant and that cone before the rainboom is not a mach cone but the formation of one. First we will use information from other episodes and the sonic rainboom. APPLE BUCK SEASON episode if im correct, aj was tired and kept failing to fall on a plank rd asked her to jump on. AJ showed an acceleratioal force of 9.48 meters per 2 seconds ~ average. RD has equivalent or less mass and weight than applejack.

Now lets take a look at the sonic rainboom episode:

1) When TWilight sparkel asks what a sonic rainboom pinky pie explicitly states that a sonic rainboom is when a sonic boom and a rainbow happen at the same time. Now when is a sonic boom produced? Over mach 1. SO that so called mach cone isnt one at all because a rainboom hasent been reached yet so it cant be mach 1. Why? Shes still approaching a rainboom. So i conclude that the apperance before the rainboom is a formation of a mach cone. The Sonic rainboom is at its max speed in this episode. IT DOES NOT reach mach 2 because of no future visible mach cone.

Now lets calculate her downfaling + sonic rainboom speed. This is her FULL MAX woth gravity on her side in meters per second. 35 seconds is the avrg time she is diving down for.

9.48*35/2*2= 331.8 meters per second plus wing force whic is equivalent to another number ofeters per second is equivalent to a little over the speed of sund because of the production of a rainboom is equivalent to a bit over the speed of sound. IM Only saying she can go over it because the creators stated it was a pun of a sonic boom. So if the creatpra hadent sated such a thing she would be subsonic at most. SO SHE IS over the speed of sound but not close to mah 2 or mach 1.4 because of no future visible mach cone.

Now lets see Sonic's MAX speed. Well... Nothing has been said about his max.

Lets just see his original speed in games.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=JVcKhKCALCg

Here is Sonic Unleashed

So these are the speeds. Currently he is faster than RD with these speeds. Game Thoery is a NOT here. Why? His calculations have been terrible. If you want to ask why PM me instead of posing it here.

For those who continue to say Rainbow Dash is MACH 10 something about that has been shown to. 

Sonic is faster than light. No, not in his Super Form(Super Sonic). In his normal sense. 

Proof:

Comics, hes been shown moving 58 trillion times the speed of light and up. Comics are canon as of 3 years ago, Sega made them canon in Sonic HQ.

Games: He has the light speed Dash and Light Speed Attack. Lightspeed moves. He can also produce the Light Speed Dash without rings in Sonic Adventure 1 where he charge up and spindash aimlessly at lightspeed. Sonic Rush: Sonic outruns a blackhole.

More information here about Sonic's speed feats:

http://whatnoww.freeforums.org/sonic-vs-the-flash-t39.html

(Its too long to post here)

So in conclusion to all doubts, Sonic beats RD.

But really fast for a pegasi pony!

Sonic>Flash>Superman/Zoom>Rainbow dash> Road runner> Speedy Gonzales>Atomic ant> Other 50 characters. RD is high up the rankings!

This should conclude all!

If anybody wants to ask anything ask it here and I will answear them i order! Good day!

Thank you for making this point! :) I still like Rainbowdash but since it's a MLP forum people just can't stand one of their favourite ponies getting beaten by a blue hedgehog. Wow I've known Sonic since I was about 3 or something. Love that blue blur... :)

Actually, Sonic has broken and gone faster than the speed of sound many occasions with no stress at all. He runs for fun and has traversed into outer space and round the galaxy many times. Occasionally with Sonic forming the power of Chaos from the Chaos emeralds, he turns Super Sonic and can apparently run/fly faster than the speed of light. In the Sonic games SEGA obviously didn't make Sonic run at the speed of sound because you could hardly control him then! Sonic has taken on god's, demon's, mad scientists and evil wizards with a smirk and a laugh.

To compare Sonic and Rainbowdash... Sonic helps other's with his gift, he cares for the world and even the criminals. On the other hand, Rainbowdash is self confident, boasts too much and can only travel at the speed of sound. I say Sonic is a much better role model than Rainbowdash.

My say is on Sonic... although I still do like Rainbowdash.

Actually Sonic can win from Mach 1 upwards on his own with no powerup's... 'n' i'm not lying 'cause it said it the character enyclopedia. smile.png

Well if you count breaking light speed and travelling faster than the speed of sound... with no stress, then yes. Sonic roughly travels normally at the speed of sound ( 343.2 metres per second ) but can also travel at light speed ( The speed of light: Its value is exactly 299,792,458 metres per second, a figure that is exact because the length of the metre is defined from this constant and the international standard for time.[1] This is approximately 186,282.4 miles per second, or about 671 million miles per hour. According to special relativity, c is the maximum speed at which all energy, matter, and information in the universe can travel. It is the speed at which all massless particles and associated fields (including electromagnetic radiation such as light) travel in vacuum. It is also the speed of gravity (i.e. of gravitational waves) predicted by current theories. Such particles and waves travel at c regardless of the motion of the source or the inertial frame of reference of the observer. In the theory of relativity, c interrelates space and time, and also appears in the famous equation of mass–energy equivalence E = mc2. ) and there's your scientific answer! smile.png

Sonic never looses either; apart fro time to time when some of his most loyal friends bailed and saved the world from disaster.

Sonic travels at the speed of sound and faster, although time to time when harnessing the power of Chaos from the Chaos emeralds he turns Gold, invulnerable and can Break Light Speed.

Thank you for making this point! smile.png I still like Rainbowdash but since it's a MLP forum people just can't stand one of their favourite ponies getting beaten by a blue hedgehog. Wow I've known Sonic since I was about 3 or something. Love that blue blur... smile.png

My post was actually placed in a different topic. A mod supposed it was for the purpose of debating, although not and joined it here.

Anyways, Im posting more things on my forum. Like Sonic being over 400trillion times the speed of light now.

For me its simple.RainbowDash can go up to mach10 (10x the speed of sound) now it says that sonic can run AT the speed of sound,but if sonic has the chaos emeralds he can go at the speed of light.Which is about 900000x faster then sound in air.

ITS OVER 9000

anyways SONIC:would win if he has the chaos emeralds RAINBOWDASH:would win if sonic DOES NOT has the chaos emeralds

Which is not likely so I cast my vote one the one and only RAINBOWDASH

Someone correct me if i am wrong.

For me its simple.RainbowDash can go up to mach10 (10x the speed of sound) now it says that sonic can run AT the speed of sound,but if sonic has the chaos emeralds he can go at the speed of light.Which is about 900000x faster then sound in air.

ITS OVER 9000

anyways SONIC:would win if he has the chaos emeralds RAINBOWDASH:would win if sonic DOES NOT has the chaos emeralds

Rainbow Dash moves at a max speed of mach 1.2. Why? Theres no mach cone after a rainboom. Sonic in Unleashed runs at mach 5.7 and faster. He also moves FTL hence he outruns lightspeed dash. in base form. In Sonic Colors he outruns laser wisp making him faster than light in base form. In comics hes ran way over 58 trillion times the speed of light. Sonic wins both ways. Super Sonic has instant infinite speed.

How can anyone compare sonic to anything when his speed has never been consistent? I mean, the light speed dash or whatever it's called takes place over multiple frames in every video game that it's seen in, so it's not light speed. His Miles per second doesn't transfer to how fast he is actually traveling in Sonic '06.

And in Rainbow Dashes case Cloudsdale must be a shit load of miles above the ground for Rainbow Dash to maintain her reported speed with actually colliding with it based on the amount of time the event took place...There's some video on that...So I can't really judge who's faster

Actually Sonic can win from Mach 1 upwards on his own with no powerup's... 'n' i'm not lying 'cause it said it the character enyclopedia.

Well, you're not wrong, he can go faster than Mach 1 according to this, which I assume is what you're referring to. However, it doesn't specify whether or not this is done with power ups of any kind, and this is also because it mentions he can reach the speed of light without making any reference to Chaos Emeralds, which is the only way Sonic can reach that kind of speed.

I personally have an unconditional dislike for sonic. Either I blame his fandom or I blame Sega.

Anywho, I'd go for RD. Not out of dislike for Sonic, but the fact that RD is able to accomplish so much just being herself. Sonic, on the other hand, requires these omfg dark emeralds forged from the 11th dimension of hell omg so hardc0r3 2edgy4u 133t so that he can be a pansy marty sue. >.>

No h8 pl0x

ITS OVER 9000

ITS OVER 9000

Yeah sorry 'bout this but I have to correct you.. :(

Sonic does travel FASTER than the speed of sound. I'm not counting in the Chaos Emeralds because some people got annoyed that Sonic has 'hard-core' power ups. Anyways (yes I say 'anyways' with n 's') Sonic can traverse into outer space and take on gods... Without the Chaos Emeralds. :) Sorry... I like correcting people. ;) No hard feelings.

I personally have an unconditional dislike for sonic. Either I blame his fandom or I blame Sega.

Anywho, I'd go for RD. Not out of dislike for Sonic, but the fact that RD is able to accomplish so much just being herself. Sonic, on the other hand, requires these omfg dark emeralds forged from the 11th dimension of hell omg so hardc0r3 2edgy4u 133t so that he can be a pansy marty sue. >.>

No h8 pl0x

No h8 pl0x

Well... Sonic can accomplish much more as well, just being normal. He only uses the Chaos Emeralds if it's ABSOLUTLY necessary or they travel into outer space (E.g. The ARK (yes with Shadow).). I have no hate for RD it is just Sonic has and still is my child hood hero. :) No hard feelings. P.s. I don't under stand your text language. P.p.s. They are not 'hard-core'.

Well, you're not wrong, he can go faster than Mach 1 according to this, which I assume is what you're referring to. However, it doesn't specify whether or not this is done with power ups of any kind, and this is also because it mentions he can reach the speed of light without making any reference to Chaos Emeralds, which is the only way Sonic can reach that kind of speed.

Well technically it's the Sonic Comic Character Encyclopedia Book but that could do. It does tell you in the character encylopedia BOOK i'm not sure if it does there. Sonic can go faster than Mach 1 by himself, I personally do not know what Mach he gets up to before using power ups like Super Sneakers or even the Chaos Emeralds. 

How can anyone compare sonic to anything when his speed has never been consistent? I mean, the light speed dash or whatever it's called takes place over multiple frames in every video game that it's seen in, so it's not light speed. His Miles per second doesn't transfer to how fast he is actually traveling in Sonic '06.

And in Rainbow Dashes case Cloudsdale must be a shit load of miles above the ground for Rainbow Dash to maintain her reported speed with actually colliding with it based on the amount of time the event took place...There's some video on that...So I can't really judge who's faster

Well if you want a scientific edition to Sonic's side here it is:

Sonic being sonic obviously travels at the speed of sound due to his name. When Sonic turns Super his value is exactly 299,792,458 metres per second, a figure that is exact because the length of the metre is defined from this constant and the international standard for time.[1] This is approximately 186,282.4 miles per second, or about 671 million miles per hour. According to special relativity, c is the maximum speed at which all energy, matter, and information in the universe can travel. It is the speed at which all massless particles and associated fields (including electromagnetic radiation such as light) travel in vacuum. It is also the speed of gravity (i.e. of gravitational waves) predicted by current theories. Such particles and waves travel at c regardless of the motion of the source or the inertial frame of reference of the observer. In the theory of relativity, c interrelates space and time, and also appears in the famous equation of mass–energy equivalence E = mc2.[2]                               

I'm not considering Super Sonic to RD I'm just saying what Sonic can achieve even with power ups. Sonic can still achieve much more without power ups. :)

So, realistically, I'd say that Rainbow Dash is faster, as she lives in Equestria, a magical world with different physics from Earth.  (For elaboration on this opinion, you can watch Game Theory's explanation of how fast Sonic can realistically go.)

But going just on what the franchise developers have told us, Sonic is definitely capable of being faster (with the Chaos Emeralds).

But again, I just like Rainbow Dash about 20% better, so...imo, she's faster.

I've been a Sonic fan since I was a little kid, so I have a lot of love and respect for the blue blur. However, I also really love Rainbow Dash, and I think she's just a bit more interesting as a character. If you think about it, Sonic is nearly infallible. What weaknesses he does possess rarely hinder him, and it's not often that he struggles or needs any kind of help. Rainbow, on the other hand, is constantly learning and growing as a character, and I find her a lot more fleshed out. Sonic is much like a superhero, whereas Rainbow Dash is full of character flaws that make her far more believable and realistic. They share a lot of similarities in their personality, but their respective series' take very different approaches on what traits are to be emphasized.

As far as sheer speed goes, I do happen to think Sonic can move faster more often than not. He's been running the speed of sound since he debuted, whereas up until Sonic Rainboom, it was a very difficult feat for Rainbow Dash to do the same. On the other hand, Dashie has come a long way since then, and she probably could do rainbooms in her sleep. Another factor to consider is that Dash flies and Sonic runs. Flying is a lot more advantageous because when you run, you are going to have obstacles that get in your way. So as far as who would win the race, that is anyone's guess. I'm not going to go into all of technicalities here. Let's just call it a tie so fans of both characters are happy.

I can't imagine a canon crossover between Sonic and MLP ever happening, but if it did, that'd be way past 20% cooler. Okay, cheesy taglines aside, it really should remain as just a fun fanon comparison and nothing more.

• 2 weeks later...

....wait...versus?

You implying that's not a typo and should be Sonic x Rainbow Dash?

4M38OZ2.png

But anyways if we're talking about speed alone, Sonic wins purely for his ability to go into space (somehow) and with Super Sonic alone he surpasses the speed of light. I could see their attitudes though making any and all *ahem* pairings with them that much easier, and racing a constant occurrence between them.

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/How_fast_does_sonic_run_in_full_speed?#slide1

This goes through Sonic's top speed, drawing from both the games,comic, and TV series. Please read it as it's very informative. If it's to be believed, then Sonic would be without a doubt, faster than Rainbow Dash... By a lot.

http://prezi.com/h5fpq4kdfht2/who-is-faster-sonic-the-hedgehog-or-rainbow-dash/

This doesn't draw from all of the sources as the previous, but still provides an interesting

Sonic.  cmon. you cannot say RD. If there was a race between sonic and RD i'd bet all my money on Sonic. and celebrate before the race even starts

Edited by Georgeson

I realize that Sonic has claimed he's "faster than the speed of sound", but I've never seen him break the sound barrier or anything special in any game or TV series, so I would say Rainbow Dash is faster otherwise.