Sonik Super Sand Hedgehog VS Rainslow Hash

Gone Airbourne

The Ultimate Showdown  

179 users have voted

1. 1. Who's faster?

• Sonic The Hedgehog
    • Rainbow Dash
    • Tie

@Whatnoww, I've merged your thread with an older one that we had, as they both address the subject of debating whether Sonic is faster than Rainbow Dash or vise versa. Please take the time to do a quick search before making new topics, to ensure that you aren't creating a duplicate.

Sorry but, my thread isnt a debating thread. Its an informational thread where others can ask me questions. Could you please unmerge them? My thread has a different purpose.

@ DashForever

I'm as Big of a Rainbow Dash Fan as anyone but I'm Sorry, Speed is what Sonic the Hedgehog is! His whole premise is around going fast! Plus that, he has way more experience. Rainbow Dash has been going fast for only the past 3 and some change years, Sonic has been running around since the early 90's!

Sonic isn't allowed to go super because its against the rules of racing. It's like adding nitro in NASCAR.

Superman and flash raced, yes, but as I said its impossible to tell who's faster because superman flies. Flash runs. The difference in air resistance and the initial power of flight is too great a difference to compare. Flash however is faster on land than superman, but superman is faster while flying.

Whenever sonic and RD are brought up, they are often shipped together because they both gotta go fast. I hate it. It's like bonding furries and MLP, and MLP is not furry.

Kyo There is No Rule such as that....

And No Matter How Hard RD Try's She can't Beat Sonic.. Like WhatNnow said... he is faster but i say they should date each other rather then Go Head to head...

Kyo There is No Rule such as that....

And No Matter How Hard RD Try's She can't Beat Sonic.. Like WhatNnow said... he is faster but i say they should date each other rather then Go Head to head...

No shipping. God no. Noooooooooo this shipping is so bad.

And it's unfair. The rules must be that sonic is racing on foot, and rd in air, but it can't be measured since they are using two different methods of speed.

It just can't be done.

OMG people are still replying to this ancient thread I made lol that is really funny. This was like the first thread I made.

My vote is still for the nostalgic little blue hedgehog I grew up with

Actually my thread was.merged with you by a mod who thought it was eqal. Sorry if it bothers ypu.  Yeah. Sonic wins by a landslide. hes moving ftl. like seriously! Sonic wins!

Edited by Guest

• 1 month later...

Sonic's travelled the globe, and even traversed outer space, alternate dimensions, and even time itself. He has been named the chosen hero of the multiverse, having over the course of his adventures faced down mad scientists, evil wizards, and even gods with a smirk and a laugh. Sonic does, travel faster than the speed of sound, but Super Sonic has travelled at light speed, or most commonly known as the speed of light. I think the creators of my little pony kinda copied SEGA with Sonic's abilities and character. Sonic moves faster than the speed of sound and breaks the sound barrier... so does Rainbowdash. Sonic is blue... so is Rainbowdash. Sonic can turn into multiple forms... Rainbowdash can't. Sonic can harness the power of the chaos emeralds/master emerald and turn into a invulnerable gold like self and all his nature skills increase exponentially... Rainbowdash can't. Not to be rude but Sonic is faster and far cooler.

As a fan of both characters and power ups and comic nonsense aside there the same.

Sonic can run faster than the speed of sound and breaks the sound barrier.

Dashie can fly faster than the speed of sound and also break the sound barrier.

Both are masters of speed in there own domains. 

By Default. They can both achieve the same speed. Obviously if you start bringing in rings and emeralds sonic gets an edge but thats like having Dashie use the talent enhencer, she went so fast she broke reality.

Edited by Malinter

Rainbow Dash can fly and break the sound barrier and create a rainbow at the same time. I don't know much about Sonic - but from what I've seen from him, he is fast, but not that fast.

Besides, Rainbow Dash never loses - Rainbow Dash is awesome.

According to the Sega Wiki he can even run at the speed of light. When normal, the fastest he's ever ran was past Mach 2 according to his response to fan mail in a comic, tho his fastest recorded speed is 761mph i.e. speed of sound. That feat is replicated by RD. However, multiple sources, particularly Death Battle, she can easily fly at 5 times the speed of sound and even double that upon performing the Sonic Rainboom. Given that it is well-explained, I'm willing to believe it. So yeah, with absolutely no power ups for either character, RD has Sonic beaten in a race.

Edited by ~Chaotic Freedan~

According to the Sega Wiki he can even run at the speed of light. When normal, the fastest he's ever ran was past Mach 2 according to his response to fan mail in a comic, tho his fastest recorded speed is 761mph i.e. speed of sound. That feat is replicated by RD. However, multiple sources, particularly Death Battle, she can easily fly at 5 times the speed of sound. Given that it is well-explained, I'm willing to believe it. So yeah, with absolutely no power ups for either character, RD has Sonic beaten in a race.

Sega started adding all that FTL and Time warping crap later, and to go FTL requires infinate energy, which is also impossible. I like how they gloss of the the fact that the faster you go the heavier you become, sonic would be crushed to death by his own speed at near FTL.

Sonic is the fastest on the ground when it comes to speed. Dash is the fastest when it comes to flight. Both would easily beat the other as sonic can't fly and dash can't hyper-run (even her lightning strut stunt requires flight for speed & momentum).

Edited by Malinter

I'd say that they're about even. Obviously Sonic is faster if you put Super Sonic into the playing field, but it shouldn't count since it's the equivalent of giving RD steroids or...whatever it was she took in Double Rainboom

As a fan of both characters and power ups and comic nonsense aside there the same.

Sonic can run faster than the speed of sound and breaks the sound barrier.

Dashie can fly faster than the speed of sound and also break the sound barrier.

Both are masters of speed in there own domains. 

By Default. They can both achieve the same speed. Obviously if you start bringing in rings and emeralds sonic gets an edge but thats like having Dashie use the talent enhencer, she went so fast she broke reality.

She never broke reality. Since when does creating a rainbow imply that? Sonic HAS riped the fabric of reality in ocasions and travelled 58 trillion times the speed of light. To late though.

Sega started adding all that FTL and Time warping crap later, and to go FTL requires infinate energy, which is also impossible. I like how they gloss of the the fact that the faster you go the heavier you become, sonic would be crushed to death by his own speed at near FTL.

Sonic is the fastest on the ground when it comes to speed. Dash is the fastest when it comes to flight. Both would easily beat the other as sonic can't fly and dash can't hyper-run (even her lightning strut stunt requires flight for speed & momentum).

Since when does an anmation get based of mass. Dont apply real world logic to this, it doesent work. If you apply real world logic, if RD broke the soundbarrier, she would have died because of the mass. Sonic was FTL in his early years. When he was eight he was literally 58 trillion times the speed of light.

According to the Sega Wiki he can even run at the speed of light. When normal, the fastest he's ever ran was past Mach 2 according to his response to fan mail in a comic, tho his fastest recorded speed is 761mph i.e. speed of sound. That feat is replicated by RD. However, multiple sources, particularly Death Battle, she can easily fly at 5 times the speed of sound and even double that upon performing the Sonic Rainboom. Given that it is well-explained, I'm willing to believe it. So yeah, with absolutely no power ups for either character, RD has Sonic beaten in a race.

No. In games hes mach 5.7 and has reached the speed of light and faster in base form. In comics, hes ran clearly over hypersonic speeds and ran 58 trillion times the speed of light and faster. Also, Sonic basically never uses powerups for speed, besides Lightspeed dash shoes, an game machanic. Death battle was following an Equestria daily area, which badly calculated her speed to be mach 5 although it being mach 1.2 MAX. Unfortunaltely, Sonic wins. 

Sonic=FTL

RD= mach 1.2

I dont think you read my other comment.

She never broke reality. Since when does creating a rainbow imply that? Sonic HAS riped the fabric of reality in ocasions and travelled 58 trillion times the speed of light. To late though.

the talent enchancer played with the idea of improving natural talent, and dash's talent is the Rainboom and the enchancer changed it from breaking the sound barrier to breaking dimensional barriers.

And nothing is faster than light. Seen many comics joke with the idea that if sonic does go faster than light he starts warping backwards though time,

Rainbow Dash can fly and break the sound barrier and create a rainbow at the same time. I don't know much about Sonic - but from what I've seen from him, he is fast, but not that fast.

Besides, Rainbow Dash never loses - Rainbow Dash is awesome.

INcase you didnt know, Sonic is faster than light, something im repeating though. Honestly, i wish that moderator hadent combined my topic with this one. Sigh...

the talent enchancer played with the idea of improving natural talent, and dash's talent is the Rainboom and the enchancer changed it from breaking the sound barrier to breaking dimensional barriers.

And nothing is faster than light. Seen many comics joke with the idea that if sonic does go faster than light he starts warping backwards though time,

Breaking the dimensional barrier was never implied. It only created a 3d rainbow lighted prysim effect. Unfortunately, your applying real world logic to fictional characters. Comic jokes? No. Archie. THe canon comic. Hes alot FTL, he controls his time travel though. And the enhancer was never canon. Its not made by hasbro, so it cant be used though.

Sonic can't go faster than light because its pointless, beyond that speed is meaningless. x1 FTL is the same as x58 FTL you wouldn't be able to see it.

why did they even give sonic FTL in the comics anyway when Chaos Control does the same thing only faster(?).

Sonic can't go faster than light because its pointless, beyond that speed is meaningless. x1 FTL is the same as x58 FTL you wouldn't be able to see it.

why did they even give sonic FTL in the comics anyway when Chaos Control does the same thing only faster(?).

Once again, dont use real world logic to fiction. It just doesent work. Animations dont have mass. No. Speeds dont equivel over light at all. Thats real world logic. Please dont use it. It wont work at all.

No. Chaos control is equivalent, not a speed though. Because sonic prefers his speed over Chaos control. Its things Flash and Sonic can do.

INcase you didnt know, Sonic is faster than light, something im repeating though. Honestly, i wish that moderator hadent combined my topic with this one. Sigh...

Breaking the dimensional barrier was never implied. It only created a 3d rainbow lighted prysim effect. Unfortunately, your applying real world logic to fictional characters. Comic jokes? No. Archie. THe canon comic. Hes alot FTL, he controls his time travel though. And the enhancer was never canon. Its not made by hasbro, so it cant be used though.

Sonic was born a game character, he will die a game character. I'll accept Super/Hyper Sonic pulling FTL out his ass, but not in his normal state. And Sonic has done alot of stuff and what counts as 'canon' can change quite alot in his case.

And I know the enhancer isn't endorsed. but does the same thing for her as a ring or emerald does for sonic so i was using it as an example. and the comics i refered to were fan made not actual ones.

and real world logic does effect the comics to a degree as we see mach cones, heat from friction and such when they are protrayed at certain speeds. Theres just a point where the comics just go "fuck pyshics" and enter the crazy zone.

No. Chaos control is equivalent, not a speed though. Because sonic prefers his speed over Chaos control. Its things Flash and Sonic can do.

Oh, don't bring up the Flash. the bullshit excuses he has for speed. I'd believe sonic having x58 FTL more legit than what he does.

Sonic was born a game character, he will die a game character. I'll accept Super/Hyper Sonic pulling FTL out his ass, but not in his normal state. And Sonic has done alot of stuff and what counts as 'canon' can change quite alot in his case.

And I know the enhancer isn't endorsed. but does the same thing for her as a ring or emerald does for sonic so i was using it as an example. and the comics i refered to were fan made not actual ones.

and real world logic does effect the comics to a degree as we see mach cones, heat from friction and such when they are protrayed at certain speeds. Theres just a point where the comics just go "fuck pyshics" and enter the crazy zone.

The problem here is that he HAS gone alot FTL in base form. Games proove this, and so do comics. 

Of course, but you can't limit a fictional character to them. And the mach cone isnt real world physics affecting Sonic. But still. No mattter what, Sonic is FTL.

The problem here is that he HAS gone alot FTL in base form. Games proove this, and so do comics. 

Of course, but you can't limit a fictional character to them. And the mach cone isnt real world physics affecting Sonic. But still. No mattter what, Sonic is FTL.

which one?  I've never seens sonic do FTL in normal a within a game and I've played nearly all of them and i've never once seen him do it.

which one?  I've never seens sonic do FTL in normal a within a game and I've played nearly all of them and i've never once seen him do it.

Sonic colors. He outruns laser wisp, and he avoids getting sucked in a blackhole for 30 seconds. Omega was suprised to see Sonic running so close to the speed of light and claimed that he would have surpassed it if he kept on running. Ends up, he did. In sonic Unleashed he outruns LSD.

Sonic colors. He outruns laser wisp, and he avoids getting sucked in a blackhole for 30 seconds. Omega was suprised to see Sonic running so close to the speed of light and claimed that he would have surpassed it if he kept on running. Ends up, he did. In sonic Unleashed he outruns LSD.

I'd say that was a vortex more than a blackhole (as robotnik & eggman survive beyond the supposed event horizon in a timeless space). and those wisps, dispite the name aren't FTL. Near FTL maybe, but not faster. tongue.png

Sonic survived falling from space in Unleashed. and he didn't even get so much as a singed hair passing though the atmsphere, let alone didn't break a single bone slamming into the ground at terminal velocity tongue.png So i'm a bit dubious to any feats he performs in that game tongue.png

Edited by Malinter

I'd say that was a vortex more than a blackhole (as robotnik & eggman survive beyond the supposed event horizon in a timeless space). and those wisps, dispite the name aren't FTL. Near FTL maybe, but not faster. img-1996763-1-tongue.png

Sonic survived falling from space in Unleashed. and he didn't even get so much as a singed hair passing though the atmsphere, let alone didn't break a single bone slamming into the ground at terminal velocity img-1996763-2-tongue.png So i'm a bit dubious to any feats he performs in that game img-1996763-3-tongue.png

What do you expect from eggman. He can literally teleport out of the way. In any case it would be a Hyper blackhole or a Hyper vortex which is equivalent to a normal blackhole. They are in fact lightspeed. FTL means faster than light. Thats what sonic is, not wisps. Laser wisps are LS, Sonic outran them making him FTL. Dude, think about this. Sonic survived a blast and a blackhole. In comics, he survived a multiverse destroying attack. So, falls? Im not to surprised though. He has hit infinite speed on an occasion though... I have to find out where.