Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Post your unpopular opinions

Lord Theoretical

1. Dubstep obviously sucks.

4. Spike is very underrated.

Can't agree enough about Dubstep.  There are a few good songs, but that's like saying you can find a diamond from amongst a pile of turds.  Still believe in that jok/comment about Dubstep being invented when a person fared into a microphone.

Also, I do agree that Spike is underrated.  I don't know if it's DHX doing it or Hasbro to be honest, but i'm sick of him being the punch monkey/comic relief in things.  Dragon Quest was a good episode and I hoped to see the little guy get some loving. 

Snakes, most of reptiles, bats and skunks are some of the cutest critters ever. My favorites characters are all awesome, no matter how unpopular they often are. Reading is a wonderful way to pass time and to escape reality. Diet soft drinks (pops) taste better than the regular ones. There's so many movies that are way better than what people say, for exemple; the 2 Mortal Kombat movies, most of Disney's sequels, Mario Bros Movie and many more. My cat is, without a doubt, the best one ever as he answer when I talk to him and he's very cuddly and laid-back.

I just wanted to say I find bats( certain types like fruit bats, not so much vampire) and skunks super adorable. It would be fun to have one as a pet . Although it would be hard to catch a pet bat if it got out into a large part of the house. Those little guys are fast! 

• Brohoof 1

I like disney but HATE disney channel as it for casual and dumb people

Same! I'm a die-hard Disney fan and, like many other people, the only show I like on there is Gravity Falls. Phineas and Ferb is decent to the least. I know a lot of people seem to think Disney Channel was at its best in the 1990s-2000s, but I honestly prefer even its earlier programs, say, the 1980s.

I dont like that i work my ass off to help someone and when i need there help they are no where to be found.

I dont like that people think I'm a mean guy cause the way I look.

I dont like it that people want to kill each other over some damn land..

I dont like it that my freind cant just find a break in her life noting but shit just keeps hitting her and i cant help her one bit.

I dont like it that if there is a "God" that he/she does not help those who really need it right now.

I dont like it that my father hates me cause of who I'm....

I'd hate to burst your bubble, but none of those are "unpopular" opinions

Can't agree enough about Dubstep.  There are a few good songs, but that's like saying you can find a diamond from amongst a pile of turds.  Still believe in that jok/comment about Dubstep being invented when a person fared into a microphone.

Not sure about Rainbow P.F Sparkle, but you were referring to Brostep, Genepool. I feel like it's such a shame that people overlook a great genre like Dubstep, purely because they believe that Skrillex is the only thing that exists. And as I said, Skrillex and the likes plays a different genre

Here's real Dubstep

-I hate the Half-Life games

-I didn't like Portal or Portal 2

-I despise most pop music

-I hate Spike

-I don't mind some Alicorn OC fan fics as long as they're written well

-I don't care what console is better, PS3 or Xbox 360 (Now PS4 or Xbox One)

-I don't care if PC is better than console

-I don't care if Android is better than Apple

-I hate grammar nazis

-I love PewDiePie and Tobuscus the same

-I am an atheist and I refuse to talk about religion with people

-person comes to my door to preach I would close it in their face

-Jehovah witness comes to my door I slam it in their face

-I don't like it when people say "Eggman" instead of "Robotnik"

-I hate all modern sonic games

-Some people hate on Call of Duty a lot; though I'm not good at it I still like it

• Brohoof 1

i think clopping is kind of weird. there i said it. im not gonna hate anyone for it, your into what your into its just my opinion. i know im supposed to love and tolerate. so even if you are a clopper im still gonna love and tolerate the shit out of you, i just think its off putting. there to adorable and innocent to clop to i feel.

its kind of like taking a shit on fluttershy, and beating rainbow dash with a dildo. its just not what they were put on earth to do. there here to teach us the magic of friendship that is a gift that should not be spit on. sorry if i offended anyone that was not my intention. i just wanted to be honest!

• Brohoof 1

That's a really popular opinion that has been beaten up so many times that people think it's unpopular.

Lets see, the majority of these "unpopular" opinions aren't even popular in the slightest. Hating Call of Duty, Hating Dubstep, Thinking Fluttershy is best pony, Hating Trixie or Rarity, being a Christian, being Atheist, being whatever religion, that is NOT unpopular.

• Brohoof 1

That's a really popular opinion that has been beaten up so many times that people think it's unpopular.

Lets see, the majority of these "unpopular" opinions aren't even popular in the slightest. Hating Call of Duty, Hating Dubstep, Thinking Fluttershy is best pony, Hating Trixie or Rarity, being a Christian, being Atheist, being whatever religion, that is NOT unpopular.

But how everyone so desperately wants to feel like a rebel.  Sadly, almost everyone is pretty much normal.  Don't let the cruelty of reality dawn on them.

Or do, that way there will be more dispossessed souls willing to join the Cult of Trixie, which is oh-so unpopular and rebellious and hipster , I should add *nudge, wink, nudge, wink*.

_____

Here are a few of mine, hopefully others will consider them up to par with the "unpopular" standard.

*I hate Libertarianism, at least in its contemporary form.

*I think the problem with American politics is that it is not ideological, partisan, and vitriolic enough.

*While I consider the show meaningful and interesting, I have to facepalm whenever people talk about how the stated morals of MLP:FiM are somehow insightful, interesting, or even coherent.

*Although an Atheist-Agnostic, I very much dislike the New Atheist movement and I think that it has set back the cause of irreligion by many years.

*I think Neil deGrasse Tyson is overrated.

*I think that Applejack's character was intended almost entirely as a marketing ploy for Southerners.  

*Connecting with the above, I'm one of the many strongly regionalist, anti-South Norhterners.

*And others

(edited)

-I don't like it when people say "Eggman" instead of "Robotnik"

I am not apart of the Sonic fandom but I agree that I much prefer calling him Robotnik over Eggman. Technically, Eggman is more official but I like that other name so much better. :/

Edited by Nagisa Misumi

2. Celestia, I admit, is a tad overrated.

3. I am all for zoosexuality. (Can't be a popular opinion)

4. Spike is very underrated.

out of curiosity what is zoosexuality. i know i dont like the sound of it but maybe its not what i think it is. Maybe you meant to say zoouality. like reality just revolving around zoos. right?

out of curiosity what is zoosexuality. i know i dont like the sound of it but maybe its not what i think it is. Maybe you meant to say zoouality. like reality just revolving around zoos. right?

It is a paraphilia, a fancy word for a fetish, that involves the sexual relations of animals and humans. It is illegal in most countries.

I am not apart of the Sonic fandom but I agree that I much prefer calling him Robotnik over Eggman. Technically, Eggman is more official but I like that other name so much better. :/

Actually Ivo Robotnik was the original so I will stick by with what I know and not go with that stupid name Eggman; ugh how I hate that name... *shudders*

• Brohoof 1

Actually Ivo Robotnik was the original so I will stick by with what I know and not go with that stupid name Eggman; ugh how I hate that name... *shudders*

Wasn't Eggman always used in Japan but Robotnik was the original name in the American edition of the games? Regardless, Robotnik is so much cooler and suiting. 

Wasn't Eggman always used in Japan but Robotnik was the original name in the American edition of the games? Regardless, Robotnik is so much cooler and suiting. 

You're probably correct; like I said though I'm only sticking by with what I know ^^;; I grew up with him being called Ivo Robotnik.

• Brohoof 1

It is a paraphilia, a fancy word for a fetish, that involves the sexual relations of animals and humans. It is illegal in most countries.

Jesus H Christ, i can see why.

that is indeed some scary info.

the more you know right?

cause knowledge is power. 

and knowing is half the battle!

• Brohoof 1

-Sitting on your ass and praying for disaster victims is the same as not doing anything at all. Actually, I don't know if that counts, because it isn't subjective.

-The drinking age in this country is too damn high.

-Cartoon Network kinda sucks now. This opinion is popular on the internet, but it's surprisingly hard to meet someone IRL who agrees with me.

-

I strongly dislike 1 Direction (I'm not going to say hate)

Screw it, I will. I HATE One Direction.

Religion itself doesn't cause problems. It's the intolerance of other religions that causes problems. People should be allowed to believe whatever they want, and without being threatened by someone with a differing view. Unfortunately, this concept is too difficult for mankind.

The two-party system needs to go.

Applejack is more Western than Southern.

• Brohoof 6

Heath Ledger was a superb actor, but if it meant hurting the Nolan Batman trilogy, I could care less about unspoken Hollywood rules and have someone else play The Joker in The Dark Knight Rises

Eh, having a non-Ledger Joker would either result in a different performance ruining the point of including the Joker in the first place, or a watered-down imitation.

Frankly I think that film was too long anyway, and with Scarecrow,

Talia

, and Alfred all needing more development and screentime cramming Joker in would just make a bigger mess.

They should've included a throw-away line about him dying in prison or something so he doesn't simply vanish though.

When playing arcade or arcade style games, I prefer gamepads over arcade sticks. Pads just feel natural to me, considering how I mostly play games with a gamepad.

Speaking of which, there's this controller. It's a PS3 controller that use microswitches (for the face buttons and thumbstick anyway) and is shaped like a Sega Saturn controller (whick is better for arcade style games!). Maybe I could use that as a PC controller when playing MAME.

Uhh... how?

I'm a Celtics fan and that couldn't be farther than the truth. The guy's talent level is absurd with the way he can control a game from the onset and he has arguably the best physical prowess the NBA has ever seen. When he retires, people will look back at him and wish they had a chance to watch greatness. And I'm far from a Heat supporter.

Need proof, though? Go watch game five of the Pistons-Cavs 2007 playoff series. I had never seen a show quite like that, in the Palace no less.

Your right.  In fact, I don't even think Lebron is bad.  Hes an amazing player;  I just think Erik Spoelstra is a douche so I take it out on all of his players.

(edited)

~ Starbucks is highly overrated($5 for a coffee? WTF?!)

~ I hate how everyone assumes you have a cellphone. (I don't)

~ I hate people that take up 2+ parking spots in the parking lot.

~ I hate parents that don't control their kids either in a mall or store,or in general public.

~ I dislike old people that think the entire world revolves around them.

Edited by Flutter Dash
  • Brohoof 2

Here's a whopper of an opinion: There is no such thing as too far in a debate, just people who don't have the guts to break from the mold of their own personality for the sake of intellectual progress.

• 3 weeks later...
(edited)

I think Pinkie Pie is more adorable than Fluttershy. Yeah, Fluttershy is cute and all, but I don't see how she is more adorable than Pinkie.

I mean, look at this: 13117__safe_pinkie-pie_animated_eating.g

Is that not the most adorable thing ever, or what?

Edited by MLP_JoshF
  • Brohoof 7

I think that e-readers like the Kindle are better than regular books.  I always had complaints about books.  They are pain to lug around, so I don't like owning very many.  Most books don't lay flat.  So if you want to read while you are eating, you usually have to use one hand to hold the book open.  The Kindle solves those problems.  It is like a magical book that can become any other book.  It is easy to carry around.  You can change the size of the text, highlight sections that can later be unhighlighted, add personal notes, click on any word you don't know to get the definition, and even have the book read itself aloud to you.  I pretty much wished for the existence of the Kindle before it was ever invented.  And I do not understand how any lover of reading could dislike them.