Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

ooc Shifted: The Remake (OOC)

Arylett Charnoa

I'm sorry, you guys, but due to countless reasons that I really can't detail, I'm leaving the forums for good. Not coming back. Like ever. Yeah. This is the last post of mine you'll ever see.

So if you guys want to continue the roleplay without me, you can. I promised I'd try to keep this alive, and I guess we succeeded. But it's just I've really hit my final straw at a few things, and being here is no longer good for me. If you want to know the nitty gritty behind it, I'd recommend hitting me up on Skype or somewhere like that. Just trust that I have good reason to do this. You can contact me through several places I'll be detailing on my profile.

I'm so sorry I have to do this, but it's very necessary. And I have good reason even if I can't really explain. It's for the sake of my own sanity and well-being.

:o :o Oh no, Arylett!... That's just terrible. I was having a great time looking at your works of art in the RPs and your actual artworks. We will all miss you here in the forums so much and I wish you the best. I promise, I'll help giving it my very best to keep this story alive. Farewell, Arylett Dawnborough. *hoofsalute* :(

On a note with the RP, who is going to try to take control of the NPCs like Carrot Top, Bon-bon, etc.?

Already wrote my farewell message as a comment on her blog post...

On a note with the RP, who is going to try to take control of the NPCs like Carrot Top, Bon-bon, etc.?

I don't know. Someone needs to, though. I really don't want this to die. Arlette's goal here was to create an above-average RP. It would be a disservice to her to not try and finish what she started. There should at least be one great RP on this forum that she can pin to her uniform with pride.

I guess whoever wants to stay in this RP and thinks they are qualified to control the NPCs and storyline should start volunteering. Then we could have a vote of some kind.

I suppose I'll volunteer myself. I know how to manipulate NPCs and come up with storylines, at the very least.

We have a more immediate issue than NPCs right now, though. I'm trying to think of how we could write around Arylette's departure. Artsy was a big part of the storyline. Previously when people left the RP we pretended they never existed, but we can't quite do that this time. Perhaps something changling related could be thought up. I don't know. Mind is working pretty slowly at the moment.

• Brohoof 1

Already wrote my farewell message as a comment on her blog post...

I don't know. Someone needs to, though. I really don't want this to die. Arlette's goal here was to create an above-average RP. It would be a disservice to her to not try and finish what she started. There should at least be one great RP on this forum that she can pin to her uniform with pride.

I guess whoever wants to stay in this RP and thinks they are qualified to control the NPCs and storyline should start volunteering. Then we could have a vote of some kind.

I suppose I'll volunteer myself. I know how to manipulate NPCs and come up with storylines, at the very least.

We have a more immediate issue than NPCs right now, though. I'm trying to think of how we could write around Arylette's departure. Artsy was a big part of the storyline. Previously when people left the RP we pretended they never existed, but we can't quite do that this time. Perhaps something changling related could be thought up. I don't know. Mind is working pretty slowly at the moment.

Well, I don't know about controlling the overall arc of the story myself because I don't exactly know what Arylett was planning for this RP in terms of grandiose events. It definitely has to be someone who has worked in the original Shifted before and committed to finishing this story. So, I guess I'd vote for you, Burt!

@@Legendary Emerald, Also, if it was written that Artsy was really a changeling in disguise this whole time, that would be a total mindblow. Like how she was captured by one of them when she fell through the portal and had the life-force sucked out of her and the changeling would take her place among the group around her. 0_0

Edited by Alex_Night

Well crap.

Not only do we need a new roleplay leader, but someone to replace the NPC's as well. Either way though, i don't blame Ary for quitting. In fact, (nothing offensive meant by this.) I'm surprised she didn't leave a while back. From what I've seen RP World is a large and complicated mess in need of a lot of control and watching.

I'm going to miss having Ary in this roleplay, in fact I'll miss having Ary on the forums at all. Sometimes however priorities have to be taken into effect, as well as what is and is not a responsible use of your time.

If you ever read this Ary, we of al the shifted group, new and old, will miss you. Hope you do well out there in college later!

~Silver Arrow~

• Brohoof 6

Well crap.

Not only do we need a new roleplay leader, but someone to replace the NPC's as well. Either way though, i don't blame Ary for quitting. In fact, (nothing offensive meant by this.) I'm surprised she didn't leave a while back. From what I've seen RP World is a large and complicated mess in need of a lot of control and watching.

I'm going to miss having Ary in this roleplay, in fact I'll miss having Ary on the forums at all. Sometimes however priorities have to be taken into effect, as well as what is and is not a responsible use of your time.

If you ever read this Ary, we of al the shifted group, new and old, will miss you. Hope you do well out there in college later!

~Silver Arrow~

I hear you, my fine fellow... Arylett will be greatly missed here on these forums... And as for the RP... Well, I'm only good at controlling my characters because I know how they are. Because I created them myself. As for NPCs, I'm... Not at all good with them, since sometimes they come with determined personalities because they're based on the show or something. So yeah... I think I'll nominate LE for that too

*sigh*

I suppose I will volunteer for the position. Considering I was in the original shifted and have natural experience with writing stories and Dungeons and Dragons, I could take a shot at it. I've recently become more active and when something important happens I kick into high gear and take action.

In the end it's up to the players of Shifted how to do this. I guess we're on pause until we get a final decision.

• Brohoof 3

You know I'm on board with this RP. I have got too many plans slated for this RP to die so soon. If the occassion should come for it, I'll be happy to help with any NPC controlling, but I still think that Burt Cocaine and Silver Arrow should work on that part of the RP. Two heads are better than one, right?

• Brohoof 4

You know I'm on board with this RP. I have got too many plans slated for this RP to die so soon. If the occassion should come for it, I'll be happy to help with any NPC controlling, but I still think that Burt Cocaine and Silver Arrow should work on that part of the RP. Two heads are better than one, right?

I was thinking of this too, since everypony is still split into two groups. One person could "moderate" for one group while the another person "moderates" the other group; obviously those two "moderators" would need to keep up with each other in private to lead things in a good direction.

• Brohoof 2

I think this could very easily work. I like the idea of seperate people controlling the NPC's and working together with the story. However if we'reg oing to do this I have one request.

LE. GET SKYPE. It's free and easy! Not to mention it will be far easier to communicate through that. ^_^

I think this could very easily work. I like the idea of seperate people controlling the NPC's and working together with the story. However if we'reg oing to do this I have one request.

LE. GET SKYPE. It's free and easy! Not to mention it will be far easier to communicate through that. ^_^

I've already got it, I just never use it. :P I think only two people on this forum have my skype address. Guess it's time to change that.

Username: legendary.emerald

Everyone here, feel free to add me.

Aye, do what you have to do to keep this alive.

I'd personally love to help out, but...between an insane amount of homework in school and what I guess are my new duties...*glances at massive to-do pile in RP World*, I've barely got time to spare for anything else. Good luck though, I'll still try to make a regular post.

I love it when a plan comes together! *grabs for a cigar, but realizes it was a sugar stick* Anyways, I just finished writing my post for the RP. Again, it isn't really game-changing or anything, but it is interesting nonetheless. Mostly because of Alex reaction to how Aurora reacted to his explanation... So, I will wait for more from you, Auriety as well as Ice Storm. I'll work what I can from here. In the meantime, enjoy the newest addition of Alex's ridiculousness. :P

• Brohoof 2

Alright, I got a SMALL post in, but it is an important post nonetheless. The reason I did that is to get another member of the RP back into the swing of things, said member being Scootacool. Or, if you prefer, Scatcoal :P I'm hoping that this will help him get back into the mix before I go and rejoin the tour

• Brohoof 1

Alright, I got a SMALL post in, but it is an important post nonetheless. The reason I did that is to get another member of the RP back into the swing of things, said member being Scootacool. Or, if you prefer, Scatcoal :P I'm hoping that this will help him get back into the mix before I go and rejoin the tour

He messaged me yesterday saying he had some things he was having to get done. Said he'd probably be free of his obligations by this weekend.

Excellent move there, Electrobolt! I would be disappointed if we lost Numbers to the changelings as well. By the way, I can't wait to see how the dramatic dismissal of Artsy will play out and how Jack Stache will react. Speak of which...

@, Hey, Sky-Master! Where you at, my man? ^_^

He messaged me yesterday saying he had some things he was having to get done. Said he'd probably be free of his obligations by this weekend.

Actually, I was talking about that with him over Skype :P He told me that my post would be greatly appreciated and that he'd post soon. To which he added that by soon, he meant somewhere within the next 24 hours xD BUT STILL!!! This RP will live in Arylett's honor!

Excellent move there, Electrobolt! I would be disappointed if we lost Numbers to the changelings as well. By the way, I can't wait to see how the dramatic dismissal of Artsy will play out and how Jack Stache will react.

Hmm... I dunno about Skyman, though... He might stick around, but at the same time, he might just leave as well... I truly don't know what he will do... :/

• Brohoof 1

Excellent move there, Electrobolt! I would be disappointed if we lost Numbers to the changelings as well. By the way, I can't wait to see how the dramatic dismissal of Artsy will play out and how Jack Stache will react. Speak of which...

@, Hey, Sky-Master! Where you at, my man? ^_^

Actually...this is probably where Jack makes his leave too. It is literally impossible for me to come up with absolutely anything that Jack would have now that Artsy is gone. Her existence was very much so key to him, so really there's...not much left. Almost all of his interactions with other characters were really just with her, with one true interaction occurring when he digitized Serah. Thus, he has nothing, absolutely nothing, so I will simply be leaving the RP I guess. I honestly don't expect things to last much longer, honestly, unless you guys somehow find somebody who can take Arylett's direction and do it very effectively.

EDIT: Actually, this might as well be my unofficial withdrawl from ever joining an RP here again. Beyond the murder mystery by Scootacool, there really aren't that many RP's that interest me here. There was one that was going to be released sometime in the future that I was going to be interested in from Arylett, but, well, she's not here anymore, so. Unless somebody comes up with some really good idea I won't be joining another RP.

Edited by Skyman
  • Brohoof 2

It's very important that we know how many people are planning to continue with this RP. So far I know for sure of:

Myself

Silver Arrow

Electrobolt

Alex_Night

Aureity

and apparently Scootacool (WHEW!)

That's only 6 people right now. Silver and I need to know how many to plan for.

• Brohoof 2

Ah man, not you too. Well, I can't blame you really for leaving the RP. Still, it will be sad to see you go too because I wanted to explore more with a friendship between Alex and Jack. Regardless of your choice, I wish you the best, Sky-Master. Stay cool!

Alright, Silver and I are still in talks, but we're takin' a break while he eats his dinner. We've got some plans going right now, but they are highly dependent on the numbers of players that stay with this. Right now, if everyone stays with the RP, I think we will have 11 people. That's one less than what we hoped for with our current idea. If it comes down to it, maybe we'll open this RP to one more member? There's a specific place in the storyline that would allow for it, once we get moving again.

It's also looking like I'll be taking over NPC and storyline leading for the shipping group (Klopp, Magenta, Daylight, Starry Sky), while Silver does the same for the fighting group (Silver, Serah, Electrobolt, Ice Storm, Numbers, Aurora, Alex). Eventually, the two groups would come together before the climax of the storyline.

We have some cool ideas, so please stick around.

Edited by Legendary Emerald
  • Brohoof 2

Arylett has to leave the forums forever? Skyman too?

FFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Anyways, I'm down to not let this RP to die, I want this to continue towards the end.

Also, you can find me on Skype by typing "narutardedscum" go ahead and add me!

Edited by Narutardedscum!!
  • Brohoof 3

shipping group (Klopp, Magenta, Daylight, Starry Sky), while Silver does the same for the fighting group (Silver, Serah, Electrobolt, Ice Storm, Numbers, Aurora, Alex).

@@Legendary Emerald, Now, wait a Sonic second there. Just because there isn't a lot of lovey-dovey things happening on our side, doesn't mean that it won't happen for us. Who knows, maybe Ice Storm might have feelings for Electrobolt. XD Just imagine! :D

• Brohoof 2

@@Legendary Emerald, Now, wait a Sonic second there. Just because there isn't a lot of lovey-dovey things happening on our side, doesn't mean that it won't happen for us. Who knows, maybe Ice Storm might have feelings for Electrobolt. XD Just imagine! :D

Oh geez, Alex... Bringing up something that I had mentioned in the past as a sort-of gag, sort-of serious comment xD Oh yeah, do you have Skype? :P

• Brohoof 2

Oh geez, Alex... Bringing up something that I had mentioned in the past as a sort-of gag, sort-of serious comment xD Oh yeah, do you have Skype? :P

Honestly, I haven't used Skype in a long time and I forgot my password for my account. However, considering that I have a webcam installed in my Lappy with a reference to Skype, I think it might be a good time to make a new one!... What, you want to speak like now?... :wacko:

The easiest way to find me on Skype is to click the link on my profile. I hope you go there and add me, because I'd love to discuss about the RP and hear plans too.