music Anypony else listen to music that's not in English or in your native turn?

Mcayon

So, yeah, as the title says I'd like to know if there is anypony else listen to songs that's not in English or in your native turn?

I do, I'm Swedish and I listen to a lot of music from Germany, mainly because I'm pretty good at it, being 16 years old and it's not my native turn... Some of my friends thinks it's weird and probably some of you do too, but I don't care actually....

But if you also like to listen to music in other languages than your native turn, can you please post it here?

I have a VERY mixed music-taste depending on a lot of things. But without further ado, here's two songs I like and listen to once in a while:

• Brohoof 2

I listen to a bit of J-Rock!

One of my favorite band is a rather weird Japanese Metalcore band called MAXIMUM THE HORMONE!

I just really like their sound, though most people I know don't like them because they sing in Japanese and its mostly "screamo" Metalcore. :P

But hell its catchy even if I don't know what they are saying!

Buiikikaesu

And the best part of Japan is when they go weird...

Bikini Sports Ponchin... man even if you hate the band, the music video is at least worth watching...

• Brohoof 1

Actually, no I do not. But alot of songs in other languages are just awesome. I mean, just look at the russian pinkie's brew B)

• Brohoof 2

Well the only foreign band I listen to is Rammstien and only to their songs "Du Hast" and "amerika"

Edited by Dusty Soul
  • Brohoof 1

I mostly listen to English music, but I do sometimes listen to music in my native language, which is Danish.

I don't like much Danish music, but I like music from producers such as Pede B, L.O.C, and so on.

Here's two examples:

(Danish hip-hop at its best)

Pede B - Dumspiller.

L.O.C - Noget Dumt

Edited by ProjectRKA
  • Brohoof 1

Well, I love other languages and I sure do listen to their songs. Being French, Marie-mai's music does not count but I still love it. I listen to spanish songs. Here's one of my favorites:

I also listen to many Japanese songs and I'm open to about any languages.There's also this swedish song I find VERY catchy:

Edited by notdog1996
  • Brohoof 1

I do actually. Part of it is the fact that I can't hear vocals most of the time regardless of situation, I have to be looking at lyrics to know what they are saying unless I've heard the song a million times and even then I can't get all the words made out and almost never with screaming/growling.

That said, I watch anime so I do listen to a lot of anime openings and such.

You wish to know what foreign music I listen to? Very well, but let me warn you. This type of genre is only for the most hardcore of hardcore music fans. Listener discretion is advised... Viewer discretion as well.

So intense.

Well, I do listen to Renaissance music, which oftentimes is written in Latin. However, I don't typically listen to music in other languages. I don't know why. Perhaps I've just gotten so used to the way the English language sounds sung that I've become a bit closed-minded. D:

well, I'm hispanic but I listen to mainly english and spanish songs, except for a few

calabria is one :D (had to find a video not so NSFW LOL)

EDIT: oh god i didn't know there we real english lyrics, always sounded like jibber-jabber to me.

anyways, I think the song was made elsewhere so yeah ^

Edited by Matus

I do listen to some music not in my native language, most specifically I'll occasionally play some K-Pop.

Sometimes I get bored and play foreign rap for the hell of it, as well. Dutch rap sounds really funny (no offense to the Dutch).

Edited by p51

I listen to quite a bit of music that's not in English, although most of it is metal. As long as it's catchy I tend to find myself moving my feet to the rhythm or bobbing my head. Some of the bands I listen to are Korpiklaani, Finntroll, Glittertind, and Heidevolk.

Not really, I only listen to music in English and Spanish (because I am Peruvian).

I kinda like Rammstein, but that's it. And sometimes European rock with no lyrics, like, really epic shit that makes you feel that you are about to fight Lucifer.

Wow, I was away a while and I didn't expect to get such a response, and I thought I'd share some more of the music I like... and it's not all German music that I like, I also like Russian music, although I don't understand it... one of my favorites is Pinkie's Brew Russian Gypsy Jazz that Mr. Pillow posted earlier... but then I like many of the songs that russian rap-artist MC Noize has done...

I like a lot of Japanese bands like Endzweck (melodic hardcore) and Envy (post-rock screamo).

Also am very fond of some French bands like Amanda Woodward, Sed Non Satiata, Daitro as well as some Spanish bands like ¡Silencio, Ahora, Silencio! and Descubriendo a Mr.Mime.

Edited by Kodan
  • Brohoof 1