Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Scent(s) that bring back memories for you

Raspberry32

Anything aloe vera scented reminds me of going into school for a half day after spending the morning dancing to vocaloid music...I don't know why that day is so clear in my mind, but it always has been:please:

Whenever I catch a whiff of Tide laundry detergent I'm reminded of my boyfriend. :Thorax:lol. Also the "black ice" scented pine trees you hang up in your car takes me back to last summer when I devoted all my free time to fixing up my truck (I had a slew of scented trees hanging on the rearview mirror all the time, and black ice was the one I always used.)

Gun powder! I grew up as a kid going shooting with grandpa and my dad, so Everytime I go shooting the sulfer smell of gunpowder as well as the smell of a mild mid spring day with a hint of dampness in the air always to this very day brings a year to my eye recalling a the wonderful times we've had etc.

• Brohoof 2

There’s a smell of Southern Cali in the summer. Unless you’ve been here it’s hard to describe and almost impossible to duplicate (believe me, I’ve tried). It’s a combination of many scents; among them are Cyprus trees, chlorine, jasmine and warm asphalt. There’s another kind of flower in their too but I can’t pinpoint which one. I live here so it’s not so much a nostalgic scent anymore as it was when I lived out of state, but when it comes back every summer I still get that great old feeling again that I associate with all the best times in my life that I've had here since I was little.  

• Brohoof 1

• 1 year later...

Anything with Bakery. My father was a baker and sometimes he would brings in sweet home and also bringing the smell from his bakery back home. I remember visiting his work and helping him with baking. It not only reminds me of my dad as a baker but also our old home, and my whole childhood.  On the other hand, the smell of beer and cigs are one of the special scent.  Most of my uncles and also my dad smoke (well used to) and drink at home. The smell of smokes and alcohol may overwhelmed some people but not to me.  That smell reminds me of the time when I was younger and always looking forward to family gathering. Sadly we don't that anymore ever since my grandma passed. Which explained why I always enjoy drinking on special occasions. 

• 3 months later...
  • The title was changed to Scent(s) that bring back memories for you
  • 11 months later...

There are plenty, but I can't necessarily name them. There are perfumes that bring back memories from long ago, but I don't know which perfumes they are. >.< Sun tan lotion and other things like that bring me back to marching band long ago.

Also, there's a type of laundry detergent that reminds me of my relationship with my ex because she once spilled some in her car and it smelled like it for a very long time. Lol. My grandparents' home had a smell that I can't describe, perhaps kinda like vanilla wafers, they always had those.

Sometimes, when I smell cleaners and laundry detergents it reminds me of my years as an overnight stocker, because I worked that department a lot.