Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

mega thread Favourite songs?

spas-ticShotty

Jesus, it's so hard to choose a favourite song.

Probably Bounce by Calvin Harris.

I listen to this pretty much everyday, everywhere.

I have a ton of favourites. This song is probably the most relevant though, as far as this forum goes.

Period by Chemistry. I've loved this song since the first time I heard it. It's a great opening song for an equally great anime! 

Interesting. Of all the FMA Brotherhood openings you choose, you pick the one I like the least. Still a good opening and anime though.

Edited by NeverNeverland
  • Brohoof 1

I have been listening to a lot of Breaking Benjamin lately. I really like "Until the end", it's my current favorite song from their album "Phobia".

Time Stand Still by Rush is hands down my favorite song.  To start out, the instruments sound incredible.  Sure, Alex Lifeson really doesn't have a guitar solo in this song, but I don't care, and another fantastic drum performance by Neil Peart.  It's also one of my favorite vocal performances by Geddy Lee, if not my favorite vocal performance by him.  Also, I freakin' love the lyrics, Peart sure can write some amazing lyrics.  "Summer's going fast, nights growing colder.  Children growing up, old friends growing older" is probably my favorite lyrical passage from any song I've ever heard.  I also loved how it sounded live in Cleveland during their Time Machine tour in 2011.

It keeps changing regularly as of lately, but at the moment:

Yes, it samples THAT Troll 2. Also the choruses are just stunningly beautiful in contrast to the brutal verses. If you don't like Deathcore you owe yourself to at least skip ahead to hear the choruses and the Troll 2 sample.

(And no I have no idea what is up with that album art either lol)

Edited by Nightmare Lyre

My favorite song at the moment would probably be Michelle Creber's version of I Hope you Dance. I haven't listened to country music in a while, so this was a welcoming change from me. But my music tastes change so frequently that this post will probably be obsolete in a week.

To be honest, the position varies. A lot. But as of October 22 2013, my favourite song is the Chain Gang of 1974 - Sleepwalking.

1. The Chain Gang of '74 - Sleepwalking

2. C2C - Down the Road

3. Queen - Radio Ga Ga

4. Billy Talent - Viking Death March

5. Against Me! - Stop!

6. Jet - She's a Genius

7. Equestria Girls - Equestria Girls (Helping Twilight Win the Crown)

8. One Republic - Everybody Loves Me

9. Foxy Shazam - I Like It

10. Greenskeepers - Vagabond

The genres in that list are scattered, and I didn't bother to put them in separate lists. Anyways, basically I listen to Electronic, Rock and Ponies.

Edited by FallingBrony

I would say one of my favorite songs is by a small time hip hop group know as Deep puddle dynamics.The song its self is titled The scarecrow speaks.I would highly recommend it  to anypony whom enjoys a more intellectual spin in the rap and hip hop genera.  

• 2 weeks later...

I've been really into Scissor Sisters lately and been listening to "Take Your Mama" and "Filthy/Gorgeous". I've pretty much had their first album on repeat for months and mmm so good. But my all time favorite song of all time forever would be "Dust in the Wind" by Kansas. Just pure beauty.

My favorite song tends to change over time. As of right now it's Eminence Front by The Who. It's about a party full of rich people trying to make themselves look better in front if all the other rich people and the fronts they all put on. Sounds a lot like the Grand Galloping Gala don't it?

The love of my life at the moment is The Lamia, by Genesis. One of the most beautiful songs I've ever heard, not just musically but also lyrically. It has made me cry at least once, though granted I was very tired at the time and maybe a little drunk.

Hmm i favorite song huh well i have 2 which are my main ones now i'm not exactly sure how to put the video into this post but i'll put the links in

The 1st one is Love and Honor by Far From Home and it has a nice Naruto amv to go with it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=veqyzr3PnAM#t=124

And the Second one is by a a not so well none rapper called Hopsin if you don't like swearing i wouldn't listen to it but hes my favorite out of the Hip hop community

http://www.listenonrepeat.com/watch/?v=LpCGUkEbb4I

@@Wolf-Boy, in case you were wondering where your Favourite Song thread went, I've merged it with this other one on the same topic. Both were pretty big, so this means we have all the responses in one really large thread :)

Edited by Flipturn

• 2 weeks later...

My favourite song changes every five minutes, so I'll make a short list. :P

- The Way Ariana Grande

- Demons Imagine Dragons

- So Good B.O.B

- Hit Me Up Gia Farrell

- Clarity Zedd

- Roar Katy Perry

- Sweeter than Fiction Taylor Swift

- Set Fire to the Rain

- Eh, eh Lady Gaga

• 2 months later...

Okay, I'm basically starting this topic to ask a question of the day- what is your favorite song?

Mine is "My Love is a Stapler" by Afterschool Tea Time. Just the name sounds like that perfect mix of adorable and hilarious.

What's yours?