Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Was anyone bullied/harassed for being a brony?

SugarSprinkledFox

It's not nice to troll. No, I wasn't trolling. I was getting a message across. Sure, some people are mean. But not all of them. Not all of them are the way you make them out to be.

No, of course not everyone is bad. But, as you experienced yourself, there are enough jerks out there to make your life miserable. Just as not everyone is mean, not everyone is nice, either. Tolerance plays a huge part in being nice. It's just too bad there's a chronic shortage of it out there. *shrug* Call me cynical.

No, of course not everyone is bad. But, as you experienced yourself, there are enough jerks out there to make your life miserable. Just as not everyone is mean, not everyone is nice, either. Tolerance plays a huge part in being nice. It's just too bad there's a chronic shortage of it out there. *shrug* Call me cynical.

I've been told I love and tolerate too much... I've been told I've been taken advantage of by other people... Oh well...

The thing is, these mean kids... They're nice to me... Sometimes. I just don't understand other teens these days, my friend. People call me weird one minute because I call all girls I talk to "hun" and "sweetheart" and because I... Love Fluttershy like crazy, as you know.

The next minute, they're back to being nice to me... It's just... Weird...

Edited by Fluttershy's Stallion

I've been told I love and tolerate too much... I've been told I've been taken advantage of by you're people... Oh well...

The thing is, these mean kids... They're nice to me... Sometimes. I just don't understand other teens these days, my friend. People call me weird one minute because I call all girls I talk to "hun" and "sweetheart" and because I... Love Fluttershy like crazy, as you know.

The next minute, they're back to being nice to me... It's just... Weird...

Those people sound pretty insincere. Maybe you could use their bullying as motivation. Get into a good college (trust me, good universities have lots of bronies), get away from the bullies.

Also, I really hope you didn't interpret my post as an attack. I like to think of myself as a nice guy. I support you, bro.

Those people sound pretty insincere. Maybe you could use their bullying as motivation. Get into a good college (trust me, good universities have lots of bronies), get away from the bullies.

Also, I really hope you didn't interpret my post as an attack. I like to think of myself as a nice guy. I support you, bro.

My friend, I am going to the Tri-County Early College. I'm getting college classes along with my high school ones. I'm not leaving this school; it was tough enough getting in.

No offense, but maybe your pony fetishes and stuff like that should be kept to yourself. US is already a culture where sex talk is taboo, and when you tell others things like that then they aren't going to take it too well, even a lot of bronies tend to hate cloppers so just imagine. I don't really care, but many others do take it upon themselves to care and react harshly towards that.

• Brohoof 1

The only people that know that I'm a brony is my brother, and a circle of friends I really trust. My brothers a brony too so he has nothing on me, and when I told my friends they were pretty shocked, considering I would probably be the last person they would expect to like that show. They felt bad in the end, and each told me something embarrasing about them so I would have something on them too. One of them actually read part of a fanfic I made, and said it was really good writing, he just didn't understand it cuz he wasnt a brony... So yeah.

But I'm pretty sure if word got out around school, that would be the worst. If just one person knew, I could easily intimdate them or make it seem normal, but I'm pretty sure if everyone knew it would be middle school all over again. And that would suck.

Yeah, but I don't really care. It's just a show.

One guy in the class above saw me watching MLP in school and he shouted "HAHAHAH GUYS LOOK AT THIS WEIRDO!! HE WATCHES MY LITTLE FUCKING PONY" and he talked about me about that for weeks. I didn't care at all though.

• 1 month later...

To everyone who has been bullyed  for watching MLP FIM

There is a german song called "Sparrows and Parakeets" its about the ignorant nature of  some human beeings towards people who are different

chorus:

my yellow parakeet once flew out the window
a flock of sparrows pecked at him,
probably because he sang a little different and was not as gray as them,
and that does not fit in sparrows brains .

Some people tried to make fun of me, then I converted three of them to Bronies, and just ignored the other more stubborn bullies.

Self confidence is always necessary when dealing with bullies. If you don't have self confidence, you'll start to believe what they say and that's when they gain power over you.

Also, remember that like Babs Seed, most bullies act the way they do because they are self conscience or don't want to be bullied themselves. Weak people become bullies, strong people resist bullies.

Always wear your pony items with pride, repel the hate, and most importantly love and tolerate!

I have not experienced that because I just recently became a brony myself and I honestly feel that anybody I told that I don't trust(which is most people) would harass me, including my parents and family, however my younger brother(by 8 years) saw me watching this one day and laughed at me and said that I was watching a little girl's show. I feel like I'm in a hole, because I can't tell anybody about this, but at the same time I don't see what this would change. I'm still as me as I can be whether people know that I'm a brony or not.

Just explain to people why you like the show, and don't let their opinions affect yours. You can be whatever you want to be, and like whatever you want to like. If somebody thinks bad of you for watching MLP, they're the one with the problem, not you.

My bro is saying he is a furry and although never actually visiting a convention for such people. A tad bit of dislike has grown between us. of course the haters have not watched a show about friendship so that means they don't know what it means. 

yeah.....sounds like something I would have said to a brony this time 2 years ago.......I actually have gotten a bit of grief for being a brony, but the whole Love&Tolerate philosophy has served me well in these situations

When school was still in in art class two people next to me were having a conversation, and I couldn't help but over-hear one of them say "I'm not a brony". I got excited and turned to him and said "BRONIES?!?!?!?!". He then looked at me like I was crazy, so I then got quiet. Two days later in art class again I wore my shirt that said "brony" (because why not?). The two boys then said "you're a brony?", I shook my head yes, smiled and blushed (I was excited xD). Then they both looked at each other and chuckled, they then said "okay". I wasn't thinking straight at the time so I ignored it. then next week in art class again I wore a different MLP related T-shirt. So I sat down and in the middle of class I guess I weirded them out (I'm a weird person c:) and then one said "You perverted pony humping faggot". On the outside I acted like it was a playful insult and laughed it off, but inside I was crying.

Has anyone had similar experiences? If so, share them!

Listen, I'm telling you no that no matter what insults they throw at you you are the better person for keeping your composure.

Highschoolers are neanderthals I'm no exception. Im an ass, but at least I am never serious or intend to hurt anybody. Be the same way trow back a witty rebuttal and go about your life. these Asswipes are going to give you a hard time no matter what. they'll look for any way to get to you. Don't let them. If they dont like it its their problem. Just keep up the morals of the bronies. Don't sink to their level. You seem like a perfectly nice girl. There are Ways to annoy them to. For the fuck of it.. Go hard with the ponies! I got my headphones powder coated in bright blue with a RainbowDash cutie mark on the cans (wich I always have around my neck) and I wear pony T-shirts and stuff all the time.. Make sure the know who you really are too, if your a metalhead be a brony metalhead. I have my guitar with me usually and plug my headphones into my pocket amp and practice during lunch. Im cool with nearly everybody in the school now. And I used to take shit all the time for being a brony. If they see that they aren't getting to you they'll piss off. I guarantee it.

• Brohoof 1

To think about it, I have never really been bullied feel being a Pegasister before. Actually if I think about it, all my friends are either OK with it but don't watch the show actually love and tolerate the show with me. :) I only have one friend who thinks it's kinda weird, but he's kinda weird himself and usually jokes around with me a lit. But my big sister does think it's really weird that I like the show, and my dad and sister just think that this is all just a phase and that one day I will wake up and not like the show anymore. But I will always love the show to the bottom of my heart. :) So long story short I have never really been bullies for liking this show at all. A lot of my friends even like to watch the show with me as well.

My cyberpatriot team is all haters :/ which sucks since they all know I'm a brony :P

However, I am pretty good at just shugging them off and "loving/tolerating" them regardless.

Plus, I'm the team's Linux expert. If they annoy me too much, I might "withhold" information *troll*

Thank God, no, but that's only because noone knows (Only my mom knows that I have a "weird secret that she would hate me for so I'd never tell her")

I have no idea what would happen if they found out about this at school, because then I'd probably lose my temper and I'd unleash 10 years of anger that's suppressed in me. I've never had real life friends, and in this bullshit country, it's hard to find bronies, let alone right there at school. So unless a miracle happens and I find a friend to rely on if some bullying happens I'm not going to be open about it.

And if my mom would try to spy on me I'd rather just smash my computer...

Edited by Zacharias

• 1 month later...

Thankfully, no. I mean, I've gotten some weird looks, and a few non-serious insults from some people, but nothing that I'd call bullying.

I remember back in summer 2012 when I was just becoming a Brony. Our class went on a school trip to Berlin. It was fun but that's not the point.

On the way back during the train ride (4h ride that takes forever) most of us were just listening to music or sleeping or whatever. A few of us had their laptops with them (I did for example), most that had were playing games (they sure were lucky the ICE had power outlets) but I was watching ponies.

I bet you know where this is going.

My best friend sat down next to me to check on what I was doing. Sure enough he saw bright colored ponies and rainbows. I just kept watching, minding my own business but he was like "OMG why are you watching this shit? What's wrong with you? Are you GAY???"

(something like that, he was swearing in German I think, I can't really remember, it's all blurry plus I had headphones on)

If you're best friend says something like that to you, it does kind of hurt.

Anyway, he was making quite allot of fuss, so I had to respond somehow. Instead of screaming "I'm not gay, you don't even know what you're talking about!" I kept silent and didn't say anything. I just blushed, really hard, because I really am gay and not a single person knows about this.

Of course this sucked because I wanted to prove that me liking MLP had nothing to do with being gay, but he wouldn't he wouldn't have believed me so I just kept still.

Another friend of mine seemed to share my best friend's opinion. It was a horrible moment and I felt really awkward. Looking back, I think I should have just said something.

I still get called gay occasionally or get weird look here and there but luckily people around here don't really care thaaat much so there have never been any physical fights or similar.

Edited by CloudsdaleCompanion
  • Brohoof 3

Luckily, I never get bullied but that's mostly because the people I have told either:

A: Have given me secrets that they know I can use against them.

B: They couldn't care less.

C: Are non-judgemental and are generally nice people.

I haven't been bullied for being a brony. Though people make fun of me for playin Pokemon. But not MLP. Which is weird IMO.

And to anyone who HAS been bullied, don't let the stupid ignorance and misunderstanding of others get you down! Like what you like and be happy!!:)

So far I haven't been, with the exception of wearing my Discord shirt in public a couple of times I haven't really gone out of my way to tell anyone I am a brony but I haven't gone out of my way to hide it either. The only reaction I got to the shirt was when I went shopping (it was at the same store I work at) one of my coworkers saw the shirt and asked "dude are you a brony?" And I gave him the thumbs up and went about my business.

Thankfully no but that is because no one knows about this. My friends would not understand, i think my mom would not care about it, she is very open minded about things like this, but i am just to scared to tell anyone.

• Brohoof 1