Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Was anyone bullied/harassed for being a brony?

SugarSprinkledFox

Sir that is a terrible insult. It'll just make them laugh at her more. Never insult in the form of a question unless it's a really really witty question. That wasn't a witty question.

But most of the ponies in the show are female! God dang it.

Well, I am from a different country, so it's probably a cultural thing. (Not the horse humping LOL)

• Brohoof 1

But most of the ponies in the show are female! God dang it.

Well, I am from a different country, so it's probably a cultural thing. (Not the horse humping LOL)

Yah, but they don't care. For them, faggot goes both ways and is less used for it's intended definition and more to be just insulting.

The closest I got to that was putting a Twilight charm on my bag. My best friend is kinda like the most popular person in class (not like rich and dumb popular, it's just she has a nice personality that a lot of people wanna be her friend) and she likes ponies too. Heck, I think I may have gotten some into the herd!

I am not openly public about being a brony, so other then the typical Internet troll wannabe calling me some random crap, I have not been harassed at all. Anyone that I know in real life that I have EVER talked about ponies near was either a brony or neutral on the subject. Thankfully, I do not know any bad haters in real life.

Edited by Hamez

Well, I did have a thread with relative material to this, but it appears to have descended so far into the depths of MLPForums that even a swift search is unable to snag my work. Long story short, PE class. Nuff' said. (Managed to convert two upperclassmen into the fandom, though.)

I go to an all boys school, so if someone has a problem, they just point it out. I don't really care, as long as nothing bad comes from it. I'm usually able to judge from appearance and personality, but more often than not, I'll just let the whole thing play out. Hype dies down. People begin to accept. Just becomes and everyday thing. Nobody cares anymore. :T

I have a dress code at school that does not allow T-shirts, but I wear my belt to school that has ponies on it and a wristband.

If I was bullied, they bully would be facing an Assistant principal or suspension, bullying is taken seriously at my school :/

Well, first, let me apologize for their ignorant asshat attitude. I don't personally count myself as a "Brony" because I'm female. And YES I realize the term is supposedly gender flexible, but I prefer the term Pegasister :3 I don't think I've ever been bullied for LOVING ponies, in fact, most people just sort of smile at me or ask questions about ponies, or end up getting into the hobby themselves because of me.

But in regards to bronies BEING bullied? I have LEFT forums because of their obnoxious, holier than thou, rude attitudes about bronies. Old School collectors (Like myself) are usually of one mind: Bronies are IDIOTS who just want one thing: show accurate toys and the death of anything to do with the roots of My Little Pony.

I don't take this attitude: in fact, Bronies are the new life blood of the MLP franchise (which was otherwise DYING before Friendship is Magic). What old school Pony lovers need to realize is this: what Bronies lack is Education about the old generations. Each old generation had their own charms, and contributed their own important bits to what MLP is today. Instead of just shutting Bronies out as ignorant, we should teach and be friendly to those who are interested. I think Bronies in general would appreciate more their FIM of today if they knew where their ponies came from and learned with an open mind. :) I've defended bronies where most old schoolers like myself have just pissed and moaned about how much Bronies suck. ^^; I think it's honestly because of this board: there's a different breed of brony here. They seem to be a lot more open minded and interested in the history of MLP, which is a good thing :) And I LOVE teaching what I know. ^^ Its fun for me.

I can totally agree with what you say. I'm gonna be honest though, the problem is that we think that G4 is so good the others cannot compare. I'm not gonna say anything because that is prejudgement, however, I'm not sure of to think this is true or not (and plus, the fact such known people are working on it and the fact it made an impact DOES create a feel like that, despite personal feelings). But...if there's any chance, could I ask for your help on a little fanfiction me and a friend are planning? It will be a Ponylimpics sort of story, with ALL generations main and a few background characters, and the villains, mixed with a Total Drama style of narrating (somewhat XD). We're probably going to need to watch a few of the chapters of each previous generations to get the feelings right (I'd rather be sent to the moon than go on blind personification UNLESS it isn't given), but since you seem to know of the previous ones...maybe I could ask your help on the previous generations when the fic comes to form? Ignore me if you wish...but I didn't really know where else to ask this, and you just happen to know about previous generations...I'm just gonna go Fluttershy mode and hide under my (short) hair, go to my room, think of explosions and be on my merry way before I make it more awkward XD.

I have a dress code at school that does not allow T-shirts, but I wear my belt to school that has ponies on it and a wristband.

If I was bullied, they bully would be facing an Assistant principal or suspension, bullying is taken seriously at my school :/

I went to a school like that, but bullying still occured. Bullying is taken seriously, but there's no way of stopping it.

I'm going to high school when school starts, but this happened in middle school.

Anyway, my middle school says "OMG STOP BULLYING!!!1111!" but they could really give a rat's ass. If I told this to the teachers it would have probably kept going because they would've knew it bothered me.

So far in College I've only had one person tell me that they hated my shirt and then shouted they "F***ing hate ponies" as they walked away. But that's all so far, we will see what happens in my final year haha.

Eenope, of course I could pass for Irish so the "pissed off Irishmen" stereotype is probably on my side keeping people from screwing with me that otherwise would.

As for people I know, the worst I got was :They remade My Little Pony?" from my Dad.

As for people I know, the worst I got was :They remade My Little Pony?" from my Dad.

Haha that reminds me, when I told my dad about MLP he said, "....why?" I then told him about the fan base after words and then he said "I bet they're a bunch mentally retarded gays". Ugh, he always pokes fun of my interests.

Can't really saw this happened to me, the only thing I got was from a friend that it was kind of weird, soon a week afterward he stopped talking to me and I went a bit paranoid about losing one of my best friends. But other than that nothing like this has happened.

Im not open in public about being a brony because well im going to h.s. but some of you guys who have opened up your intrests to other and the replies you got is bs. I likow and im defintley not gay because of it.

Edited by FlutterShy!!
  • Brohoof 2

Past bullies pretty much scared me out of openly expressing any interests at most people in school WAY before FiM was even a concept so no.

Sadly though I read a post on a forum I used to go to that someone saw a kid at school who wore a brony shirt and said kid got a black eye. Post in question got a bunch of upvotes; disgusting. =/

(edited)

I read a post on a forum I used to go to that someone saw a kid at school who wore a brony shirt and said kid got a black eye

Wow, that's really sad. Punching a kid in the face because of a different interest. That makes me want to puke just thinking about it.

Edited by Alex Pony

Wow, that's really sad. Punching a kid in the face because of a different interest. That makes me want to puke just thinking about it.

Well, bullies are not known to be the smartest people in the world but that really is pretty shallow.

i remember when i was, i posted on facebook i was a brony, some bloke in my class thought of poking fun at me you know, the usual "pony f*cker" "pony fag". I took it for a while but i knew the pain was building up inside me, I used to do boxing and clobbered him. he never came near me again, guess he got the message ;)

For obvious reasons, I try to keep my Brony status a secret. So no, I've never been bullied for being a Brony. However, I am a forum moderator at a NASCAR racing forum, and I've had to deal with quite a lot of people who were bullying Bronies. I've seen my fair share of words being exchanged on that forum, and I've even had to close an MLP dedicated thread there due to non Brony trolls.

I'm going to high school when school starts, but this happened in middle school.

Anyway, my middle school says "OMG STOP BULLYING!!!1111!" but they could really give a rat's ass. If I told this to the teachers it would have probably kept going because they would've knew it bothered me.

Well, I've got a police presence at school, plus teachers are there to help bullying victims, we even have a club that is dedicated to stop bullying, although.

I went to a school like that, but bullying still occured. Bullying is taken seriously, but there's no way of stopping it.

I'm not say it ends bullying forever, my school wants to just slow down bullies.

Thought pretty much everyone I knoe knows I'm a fan a Ponys, and that I even show them funny Fan made videos like Apples.mov or "Stop fapping to horses". I've never been made fun of. I have to say I have really great friends and i'm glad that my closest ones are the best ones you could make here! it's just that there's not much "good" friends here. So I can't gurantee for everybody else. I'm rockin' my derpy shirt once school starts, I can't wait to see all the butt hurt faces :lol:

• Brohoof 1

I've never been bullied for liking ponies, and to be honest I've only been really harassed once in my entire life and I look back at it and will say that I seriously deserved it.

I'm fairly open about liking the show, too. Most my friends already know that I'm into art and all sorts of weird crap, and if the situation ever comes up where somebody asks me why i watch it I'll just tell them straight up that I think it's entertaining. Not once has anyone ever actually tried to make a big deal out of it, and I'm down with that.

Although, one week after I kind of confirmed to myself that I am a brony I did beat the living crap out of people at my school for getting on my last nerve and for saying that they are invincible because they are in some gang or some trivial garbage like that. So much for loving and tolerating, eh? I'm a bad brony :(

Edited by Lord Bababa
  • Brohoof 1

The most I've gotten was a few dirty looks when I wear my pony shirts in public. People tell me I'm physically imposing and they tend to not mess with me, but I can still tell what they are thinking.

Honestly though, I feel for anypony who has to deal with bullies; you guys are great no matter what bullies may say.

When it comes to bullies, try to remember that those who care don't matter and those who matter don't care.