Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

First/Biggest thing you noticed after you moved?

Ad Foedera Cresco

After you moved and went to another area (if you did), what's the Biggest thing you first noticed when you got there? It doesn't have to be instant, but atleast within the first month or so.

The biggest thing I noticed when I moved was how warm and humid the air was, the air here is just over all different than it is in England, where the air's more "crispy" and colder. Breathing was.... it was pretty weird for the first few months, even after I got in school. I got used to it though after 3-4 months, :) but for some reason it feels like you're breathing car fumes with no smell. Not that I would breathe in car fumes on purpose, it's weird, but it's cool I guess. :lol:

Posted Image

Edited by Ad Foedera Cresco
  • Brohoof 2

I didn't move to a new area, but when we moved to another house we found out it was cheaply made and just made to sell.

Scratch that, I did move from one town to another, but about the only difference is this traffic -_-

Moved from my village to a city then came back to my village.

The first thing I noticed was how sad the city is. It's grey, dirty and always polluted. And when I came back to my village, the first thing I noticed was how boring that village was.

Colors or occupations, make your choice!

• Brohoof 2

When I moved to Guam, the first thing I noticed was that I felt even more lonelier, that is till I made a new friend, who almost has the same interests as me.

I've only moved from an urban-suburban area (if you get what I'm saying) to a more rural-suburban area, both within half an hours drive. I noticed a change in the people and their lifrstyles. The adults here had different ways of taking care of their kids and the kids had fun in different ways than where I used to live. I like the people in my town, they're not judgemental and they know how to have fun.

I've moved about 11 times in my life. The thing I always noticed was how big the playground was, or how nice the kids seemed. I never had many friends growing up because I moved so much ;-;

When I moved to a new place I found it to be larger and WAY nicer then my old house. I found it so awesome that we had a pond in the front lawn. (I was only 4)

Edited by Dusty Soul

Last time I moved I was four years old. And all I can remember is how different the grass was.

However, I did visit Mane- I mean Manhatten for a week with my dad on a business trip. Now, keep in mind I come from the UP of Michigan. The air is clean, fresh, and right next to a large forest! Which means trees.

Anyway, finally stepped off of the airplane, didn't even get one step on the connector thing before I started coughing and having trouble breathing. It was that bad.

Well, after we moved into our house, all I could notice were......the gnomes ere gone! THE GNOMES!!! But then we got new gnomes like seven years later.

Well after we moved into our new house, I found out that it was really hot. And I mean REALLY hot. And if you didn't close a window or door quickly, the heat will sneak into the house and take out the cold air. There's also a lot of trouble-making kids.

I've never really moved in my memory. I was born in Indiana, but moved to a suburb of Kansas City a few months after, so I wouldn't have any memory of my life in Indiana, even then the latitude hardly changed, so there is shouldn't have been any climate differences.

I did, however, stay in San Antonio, Texas for a few days about a month ago. I noticed everything is more closer together and there are a lot of places within walking distance. Strangely enough for those days, it was actually cooler in Texas than it was in Missouri... weird American weather...

And everything is bigger in Texas? I looks like that's true for the most part. I walked into a store and found this huge lighter:

Posted Image

Edited by Hamez
  • Brohoof 1

• 3 weeks later...

And everything is bigger in Texas? I looks like that's true for the most part. I walked into a store and found this huge lighter:

Posted Image

Seems like a unconventional tool for mass destruction, imagine shooting 10 of those in a line at once :wacko: Or getting a XXXL Axe spray and make a laminar stream of fire for 10 hours ^_^

The noise, I went from living in a very rural area, to very close by to an air force base. It is cool I can be back out on my patio and see the different planes doing test flights. I got to see some nifty fighter jets the other day. Also that kids walk to school, and how people just walk around, it is strange to me because you couldn't walk to the store where I was from because the store was so far away

When I moved from Denmark to Norway, the mountains made a huge impression on me. Denmark is a very flat country, it's got no mountains at all, so it was the first time since I was really young I got to experience mountains in real life.

I've moved twice in my life-- from Pittsburgh, PA to Columbus, OH and from Columbus to Springfield, MO. I don't remember recalling any differences between the two places at the time I moved, despite the obvious fact that Pittsburgh had more mountains.

When I moved to Springfield from Columbus, though, I noticed everything was more spread out, the air warmer and seemingly higher in pressure, the asphalt and concrete more prevalent, and the business signs gaudier. I still haven't really gotten over those; I hope I move back east when I finish my Bachelor's.

Edited by JustFairness

My whole life has been spent in the Montpelier/Beaverdam area of Hanover county, Virginia. I now live in Ashland, which is only about 30 minutes away from my old place in Beaverdam. It wasn't new to me because I was forced to drive there all the time for shopping. Beaverdam has absolutely nothing, and to do any shopping, find entertainment, or find a job, it means a minimum half-hour drive. Ashland and I were well-acquainted before I moved there. The fact that there's a Walmart in town has been very helpful (as opposed to 25 miles away), and there's a theater about 10 minutes away from home.