Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Modern teens and what you think of them?

Lunalicious

So you might know about the stereotypical teens nowadays. I see so many of them in my school. Examples include snapbacks, Vans, cargo shorts, jean vests, etc. That just ticks me off, most of them don't even support that sports team, much less heard of the team. Most people look ridiculous and silly if you ask me. No I do not do it myself, I wear all Nike apparel and Elites with Jordan apparel. Also this new dance fad. Shuffling, looks like your feet are having spasms. What do you think about all this stuff?

• Brohoof 7

I'm a teen myself, and I can say that I hate people my age. There is a reason I hang out with older people (or women). Men my age (13-17) are all "gangsta fresh" and "cool kids", so they feel the need to look the part. They look so indecent with their tiny ass shorts, sagging jeans, and so much more horrible looking things.

• Brohoof 18

I'm a modern teen, and Frankly, i gotta agree with u. Most teens today are so frik-!!!! ... oh wait a moderator is looking at this... i think i should be quiet...

I cannot stand my peers either. They all do things like drinking, drugs, having sex etc., simply because others are doing it and it will make them "cool." What ever happened to forming your own opinions, and living by them?

• Brohoof 3

i don't get the hate of teens today. there's just so much hate. and most of them are so hypocritical and jesus christ how many times have i even gone trough this why do i even bother good night

• Brohoof 1

As a teen, I don't really care for others my age. Most are rude and ignorant of what goes on around them. Most are immature (Not all just the majority.) What really annoys me is the whole sagging pants. My state put a law in order where it is a crime to have your pants below a certain point. Yet teens are still wearing their pants past their rear ends. It's disgusting. I like shuffling just because it's new and in my opinion, pretty cool. But for the most part I dislike the teens of this generation.

• Brohoof 4

I am 17, myself. My peers at school are pretty much all those stereotypical, moronic kids who do the stupidest of things for the stupidest of reasons. I've learned to just mind my own business, and avoid them at all costs.

• Brohoof 1

i don't get the hate of teens today. there's just so much hate. and most of them are so hypocritical and jesus christ how many times have i even gone trough this why do i even bother good night

It's not really "hate". It's more of an annoyance to people. A little pet peeve for some. It's just annoying to see the same person with the same clothes and hat and the same eyebrows, etc. I don't have a burning hatred for them, it's just a pet peeve for me.

yes, i hate most teenagers, despite being one my self, with their terrible taste in TV and music, it saddens me really

I like how almost all my friends on Facebook post quotes about Jersey Shore, Tyga, Drake, Wiz Khalifa and more stupid stuff like that.
  • Brohoof 2

It's not really "hate". It's more of an annoyance to people. A little pet peeve for some. It's just annoying to see the same person with the same clothes and hat and the same eyebrows, etc. I don't have a burning hatred for them, it's just a pet peeve for me.

i'm not talking about you're opinions beacouse i have the same i'm talking about ignorant stupid fools which can't think for them selfs and then tend to violence beacouse they are afraid

edit: like... it's just blind hate for no reason to hate shit

Edited by anonymstol
  • Brohoof 1

Average Teen: Yo man, we going at a party tonight! There will be a lot of chicks, beer, and cocaine der!

Me and many others: We're not with stupid. >_>

• Brohoof 5

It isn't just teens of today; this trend has been going on for a very long time. it's just how most teenagers are, they have a mob mentality.

It's kind of sad you can't smack some sense into them no matter how hard you try. They simply have to figure out on their own, that they don't have to look and act like everyone else to be happy.

They make bad decisions that can change their lives forever, and generally it is these that snap them out of their mindless drone-like following and force them to become their own person.

• Brohoof 1

I hang out with the nerds/advanced placement kids, so I honestly almost never see the types of people you are referring to.

When I do run across them however, I just try to see them for who they are, understand they are trying to follow the "social" standard, and dealing with the pressures of society, and I let it off, its not worth getting angry about.

They'll grow up one day, and if they don't, they'll crash and burn, the best we can do is not get caught in the crash.

For God's sake, so many threads being made lately about how this generation sucks, it doesn't. Not all teens are like that, I know no one like that. People have got to stop being ignorant pricks. Yes I am mad.

Agreed, people like to get angry and annoyed with others before accurately judging them, then they like to meet up with others who they can rage at the others with.

Forums like this are quite good at such activities. It stems from the fact that, deep down, people are afraid they are somewhat like the people they dislike. Due to this, they feel the need to suppress that feeling by trying to make it obvious that they hate/dislike/find annoying the group they fear they may somehow be a part of.

Its a common societal occurrence.

Edited by Guest

For God's sake, so many threads being made lately about how this generation sucks, it doesn't. Not all teens are like that, I know no one like that. People have got to stop being ignorant pricks. Yes I am mad.

I never said that all teens are like that. Where I'm from, everyone is about swag, weed, Four Lokos and stupid stuff like that.
  • Brohoof 1

I don't pay attention to the petty affairs of most of my peers, so I have no strong opinions regarding them.

But I hate how everyone complains about how oh so horrible their generation is compared to the ones before them, when they weren't even alive to see past generations. Everyone thinks they're so special for being different from the stereotypes of modern teens that they create themselves. From what I understand, every generation has sucked and has had people complain about it.

What's wrong with Vans? I love them.

• Brohoof 2

I'm a teen too, but I see way too many people who act like this. Maybe it's just where I live. Maybe that's the difference. Most of the teens where I go to school drink, party, do drugs, and other things that are completely insane. I'm not one of those teens, but I do know where these threads are coming from and why they are saying it. The majority is like that. (And if they aren't like that where you live, can I move there?)
  • Brohoof 2

I never said that all teens are like that. Where I'm from, everyone is about swag, weed, Four Lokos and stupid stuff like that.

The thread is titled "Modern teens and what you think of them?". Not, "Teens where I live and what I think of them". You cannot just make a thread about all teens, lots of them are dicks, lots are not. Edited by Chill Mists (Chilly)
  • Brohoof 1

I don't pay attention to the petty affairs of most of my peers, so I have no strong opinions regarding them.

But I hate how everyone complains about how oh so horrible their generation is compared to the ones before them, when they weren't even alive to see past generations. Everyone thinks they're so special for being different from the stereotypes of modern teens that they create themselves. From what I understand, every generation has sucked and has had people complain about it.

What's wrong with Vans? I love them.

I have nothing against Vans, but when they are paired with Elites, I don't know what it is, but it ticks me off for some reason.

Ayo, their version of shufflin' ain't real shufflin'. It's just retarded foot spasms, as you said.

• Ayo, their version of shufflin' ain't real shufflin'. It's just retarded foot spasms, as you said. Teach them the classics.

• Their music sounds like the same crap from last year. Second verse, same as the first!

• Their parents don't beat them enough. American Auschwitz?

• Their infalted egos. Same as the last...

• They lack respect for their elders. Charge them with the same tasks they were.

• They lack respect for history. Same as the last...

• They lack creativity. Two above.

• None of them have any intuition. Hard to change.

• They aren't proactive. Impossible to change...

• All of their senses have been dulled. Throw them in the woods for a year. Those that survive are the strong and are allowed to reproduce.

HOWEVER! Look at this thread. Majority of those posting are...

TEENAGERS.

Maybe we're looking in all the wrong places...?

lots are not.

As such here we are now, I hope. Maybe we're all just cynical? Maybe instead of them being the one's who are lacking, it is us? Maybe instead of pushing for change, we're trying so hard to keep our old standards that our sight has been dulled?

Is it really that bad?

Bullshit psycholigy. This analyzation doesn't contribute anything. This is pointless. Yes, 85% of teenagers are fucking retarded egotistical fat druggie wannabe lttle shits.

• Brohoof 3

I sort of feel sorry for them, I don't think parents as of late are able to provide them with proper guidance because many of them need guidance themselves. This world is beginning to weigh very heavily on the comfort side of the comfort/ethics scale and I think a lot of people are getting lost and confused and try to justify all sorts of actions.

Too much emphasis is being put on pride and looking good and feeling good rather than doing things that make people actually respect themselves. I predict very depressing times await the human race in the near future

• Brohoof 2