Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

NavelColt

"Bwoshit, he put 'C.Discord' in his title D; All his posts with that opening are freaking long!"

Yup. You're all boned. This is probably the biggest fucking topic I've ever made.

Note: For when we get to the 'The Beginning of Harmony/Luna's Betrayal' & and 'Evolution of Modern Equestria' parts, you'll need the Official Equestria Canon Map for reference. All you really need to pay attention to is the 'Ruins' on the map, which is The Palace of the Royal Pony Sisters, later known as the Ancient Castle of the Royal Pony Sisters. You'll also need to pay attention to the Everfree Forest's shape, a little.

--

Our friend Sharp Staccato just earlier made his own topic about his head-canon for Equestria's history. I've had my own for quite some time, and I even talked about it in a topic about something related, a while back. Now, I'm making an entire topic dedicated to flushing out my idea in full. Enjoy.

--

~Pre Equestria~

Thousands upon thousands of years ago, there was almost nothing. In most parts of the land, there were no inhabitants other than ancient beasts and creatures that lurked in the land's forests, bogs and open grass land. But eventually, ponies of all three races came to the land from a far away place in the hopes of establishing a home, and began to make small settlements in it's open grass land. Despite this rich land however, the ponies lived in fear. Timberwolves and other creatures lurked outside their doorsteps, and were a constant threat to their lives. It was clear that the vast forests would need to be pushed back, if they had any hope of forming a permanent home.

Over time, as technology advanced, the ponies were able to cut down sections of forest and create a wider area of safe grassland, allowing their settlement to grow in size. As time passed further, their settlement grew and grew, gaining more and more land, and more and more inhabitants.

However, the ponies soon became segregated by species due to their abilities, and what those abilities meant to the other two groups. Referring to themselves as 'tribes', the pony groups worked in relative harmony with one another, albeit only due to it being crucial for their survival. Unicorns brought forth day and night, pegasi controlled the weather, and the earth ponies grew the vast crops needed to sustain them all. Everything seemed balanced and stable at a glance.

That is, until one particular nasty winter befell them. The winter, hate and starvation would split the groups apart, and ultimately force them to relocate to a new area in this vast land.

*Insert events of 'Hearth's Warming Eve'*

The tribe leaders having experienced what it means to care for others and not to hate, the powerful winter spirits known as Windigoes were pushed away from the region. Uniting their three species in this new found promise land, later to be known as 'Equestria', the unicorns, pegasi and earth ponies put up their new flag. The depiction of two pegasus unicorns (an ancient race thought to only be legend by some) circling the sun and moon was christened on this new flag, and together, the groups forged the foundation for a kingdom.

But unfortunately for the united tribes, Windigoes were not the only spirit to be fearful of.

~Early Equestria/Discord's Reign & Defeat~

Not long after uniting together and founding 'Equestria', all of pony kind was given siege by the Spirit of Chaos, Discord. Discord, a nearly omnipotent spirit with the power to warp reality had roamed the planet freely, causing chaos and strife among living things since the beginning of time. He had taken notice of this emerging civilization, and decided to grip down on it with his now piqued interest.

It didn't take long for the warriors of a very young Equestria to fall to the beast's powers. Taking the throne and ruling the entire land with ease, Discord sat upon his throne and laughed as all pony kind suffered under his chaotic reign. His reign would last year after year, reaching a little more than half a decade, before the events were put in motion that would put an end to his chaos, forever.

Unicorns, pegasi and earth ponies were not the only equines in existence. Though rare and thought to be myth by many, Pegasus Unicorns, also known as 'Alicorns' were an ancient race that predated any of the lesser ponies. It is often said that unicorns, pegasi and earth ponies were all descended from these beings. Magic more powerful than even the greatest of unicorns, once, alicorns sat at the world's head as the most powerful creatures in existence. And now, though their numbers dwindled, very small groups of these creatures still remained.

Two alicorn sisters, one with a pink mane the color of the morning horizon, and the other with a blue mane the color of the approaching night, stumbled upon Equestria in their search for a home. Horror befell their faces at the anarchy that ran rampant throughout the land, and, having a powerful sense for good and everything that was righteous, the two sisters engaged the King of Chaos at his throne. They had to dethrone this creature, if it was the last thing they did.

Though their magic powerful, the strength of Discord was too powerful, and the sisters were repelled with moderate ease. But even as their bodies gave out on them, both magically and physically exhausted, the sisters did not give up. If their power was not enough, then they would find a way to defeat Discord, elsewhere.

In that ideal, the desire to bring harmony and peace to the chaos-torn Equestria, the two sisters discovered six magical gem stones that shone the colors of a rainbow. Quickly realizing the power they possessed, the sisters combined their own power with that of the gems, and faced the Chimera of Chaos once more.

Completely cocky, Discord's overthrowing was absolute. Laughing and boasting at the attempts of the alicorn sisters approaching his throne once again, the beast was caught by surprise when the combined magic bathed him in a spectrum of light. Pure, concentrated harmony clashed against his own chaotic being, and the forces cancelled each other out. The result being that the Draconequus turned to stone, petrified for all eternity.

These gem stones were forever more called 'The Elements of Harmony'.

All the harm Discord had caused, vanished, as his serpentine body turned to stone. The two alicorn sisters were from that day forward treated as nothing less than heroines, goddesses, even.

~The Beginning of Harmony/Luna's Betrayal~

Equestria and it's pony inhabitants breathed a sigh of relief when peace was returned to the land. The two sisters, known as Celestia and Luna, were made the rulers of Equestria for their heroic deed of saving the land from chaos. The flag of Equestria that bore the image of two generic Pegasus Unicorns was changed to have the image of Celestia and Luna circling the sun and moon. This version of the flag remains to this day.

The two regal, gentle sisters took control over the sun and moon respectively, and their kingdom began to flourish in a way it never had before. A majestic castle was built in honor of the sisters to the South of a magical and dangerous forest, known to locals as the 'Everfree Forest'. This castle would become known as 'The Palace of the Royal Pony Sisters'. With a river right next to it, homes popped up at the palace's base in no time.

For quite some time, harmony was maintained in Equestria, and slowly but surely, civilization began to creep outwards. However, something else crept as well, and it wasn't the expanse of ponies. Envy steadily filled Princess Luna's heart. Night after night she watched in tortured silence as the ponies of her kingdom laughed and played under her sisters' sun, then slept through and shunned her own glorious night. This feeling built and built, until finally, it exploded, with horrifying results.

Princess Luna, her heart corrupted by jealousy and envy, transformed into Nightmare Moon. Turning on Celestia and blaming her for her own suffering, Nightmare Moon engaged her in a deadly duel of fate. Light clashed against darkness, and Celestia engaged her sister with tears in her eyes, knowing whomever won this fight would determine the future of Equestria. Peace and harmony, or never-ending night.

Buildings were destroyed and ponies were injured in the process as the ancient alicorns clashed with one another. Princess Celestia could barely hold back her misery at not only the destruction occurring around her, but also for her sister's feelings. Though misguided, Luna's envy was not groundless. Celestia had never even passed a thought to how she may have felt, and it was those thoughts that would plague Celestia for the next thousand years...

Having no other way to stop her, and no other way to stop the carnage of her people that was happening in the cross-fire, Celestia reluctantly wielded the power of the Elements of Harmony once more, and ended the battle the only way she could.

By banishing Nightmare Moon, her own sister, into the very moon she once controlled.

~Evolution of Modern Equestria~

Celestia was now the sole ruler of Equestria, and took on responsibility for raising and lowering both the sun and moon. She stood to face the destruction of her and Luna's castle, as well as the large settlement that had been created around it by her grateful subjects. She knew she had to help her subjects rebuild, and to help them get back on their feet. But the painful memories of Luna and her horrible deed would haunt her, if she remained there.

And so, Celestia relocated.

North of The Palace of the Royal Pony Sisters, past the Everfree Forest and across a twisting river was a mighty mountain, which stood at the center of Equestria. It was here that Celestia laid down her plans for the foundation of 'Canterlot', the crowned capital of Equestria. Celestia knew that from here on out, her subjects would continue to spread out farther and farther across the land as time passed. Living in Canterlot, which would be built into the side of the mighty mountain, the princess would have an eagle-eye's view of her entire kingdom.

And so, with her subjects following her in toe, The Palace of the Royal Pony Sisters, crippled from the fight Celestia had with Nightmare Moon, was left forgotten on the south side of the Everfree Forest. The houses of straw and wood disintegrated with time, but the stone ruins of the castle remain to this day. Now, a thousand years later, the Everfree Forest has grown, spread out, and engulfed half of the castle in woods. The abandoned castle has been aptly renamed 'The Ancient Castle of the Royal Pony Sisters'.

As soon as Canterlot was built, it's towering castle finished, Celestia watched with pride and joy as settlements began to pop up over time, far and wide. Eventually, only within the last hundred years in fact, 'Ponyville' was created and founded not far from the base of Canterlot. Equestria entered the modern age in no time, and transportation grew more and more efficient. Railroads and paths snaked along the frontier, connecting town after town. New settlements in the more arid regions of lower Equestria have been becoming more popular, lately, with Appleloosa being the most recent town to be founded.

~The End~

:3 Hope you all enjoyed. 9,000 words later, I think I organized this behemoth into a fairly accurate portrayal. For the people who actually read all the way through, I can't thank you enough =D

Edited by ~Chaotic Discord~
  • Brohoof 25

Well... this kicks my idea in the butt... I agree with almost everything in this. This is probably the closest thing to what might be perceived as canon I have ever seen.

• Brohoof 2

Well... this kicks my idea in the butt... I agree with almost everything in this. This is probably the closest thing to what might be perceived as canon I have ever seen.

Thanks dude :3 I've been developing this idea in my head for a while now, so yeah, it's incredibly in-depth and as accurate to the hints given in the show as I can make it be. Not perfect; no idea is perfect, but close to what 'could' be perceived as canon is what I aim for ^^ Your idea was interesting too, the biggest difference being in yours, Discord had a presence in Equestria even before the events of Hearth's Warming Eve happened, whereas in mine he shows up exclusively right after the events.

• Brohoof 2

Do they actually say they used the element's of harmony to defeat discord originally within the show? (i feel liek this is a stupid question )

and At

https://www.youtube....h?v=rlIkX-Ne5Wo (at around 1m10s, i can't get the link to link to it sorry )

it say's the element's of harmony are the most powerful weapon known to ponyville, (i personally think this is a error) but it would also make it seem that ponyville was around at the time when Luna was banished by Celestia.

What's your take on this?

+ very well done :) this is by far the most detailed version I've read and is pretty much exactly what i think :)

Edited by Happy Plant
  • Brohoof 1

Do they actually say they used the element's of harmony to defeat discord originally within the show? (i feel liek this is a stupid question )

and At

https://www.youtube....h?v=rlIkX-Ne5Wo

it say's the element's of harmony are the most powerful weapon known to ponyville, (i personally think this is a error) but it would also make it seem that ponyville was around at the time when Luna was banished by Celestia.

What's your take on this?

+ very well done :) this is by far the most detailed version I've read and is pretty much exactly what i think :)

Yeah, Celestia says in 'The Return of Harmony' that she and Luna 'discovered' the Elements of Harmony, and 'combined their powers', turning Discord to stone. The exact quote is, "Luna and I saw how miserable life was for earth ponies, pegasi and unicorns alike. So, after discovering the Elements of Harmony, we combined our powers, and rose up against him; turning him to stone."

Impossible ^^ It was stated that Luna was stuck in the moon for a thousand years, it says so right in the legend. Meanwhile, we know from Granny Smith's telling of how Ponyville was founded, that it's founding was within Granny Smith's lifetime, which has to have been within the last hundred years or so. I believe in the title, when it said 'known in/to Ponyville', they're talking from an archival point of view.

• Brohoof 2

Yeah, Celestia says in 'The Return of Harmony' that she and Luna 'discovered' the Elements of Harmony, and 'combined their powers', turning Discord to stone.

Impossible ^^ It was stated that Luna was stuck in the moon for a thousand years, it says so right in the legend. Meanwhile, we know from Granny Smith's telling of how Ponyville was founded, that it's founding was within Granny Smith's lifetime, which has to have been within the last hundred years or so. I believe in the title, when it said 'known in/to Ponyville', they're talking from an archival point of view.

Thank's, I was pretty sure they mentioned it :) I need to start watching the episodes again :P im loosing my knowledge of them :/

And yeah, that's probably the way to make the best sense of it :), I was probably a bit to quick to write it off.

Also make's me look forward to seeing more powerful weapon's in season's to come :P

• Brohoof 1

Pure epicness. Your posts and topics never fail to amaze me. Probably one of the greatest ways to explain Equestria History ever. I applaude you and if I had GIF's you would have them. And if we were on Fimfiction you would get a spike moustache, but where not, so I will give you a brohoof, and an applaud you cannot see.

• Brohoof 1

Pure epicness. Your posts and topics never fail to amaze me. Probably one of the greatest ways to explain Equestria History ever. I applaude you and if I had GIF's you would have them. And if we were on Fimfiction you would get a spike moustache, but where not, so I will give you a brohoof, and an applaud you cannot see.

Thanks :3 I'm glad it was worth staying up till four in the morning typing this all out xD; I did it on a whim at first, not even sure if I was going to finish it. But, I'm glad I did, I've wanted to make something along these lines for a while.

Nice one, and generally realistic, I don't think I can see anything I would disagree with. I'm probably going to adapt this as

my head cannon too, or, at least, base my HC on this. So, thanks :).

• Brohoof 1

Wow. Just wow. This is utterly fantastic. I can't even imagine what time it took to think up all of this, more over post all of this. Fantastic job CD, this is my favorite project of yours yet.

• Brohoof 1

Satisfactory! Excellent! Capital! Wonderful! Splendid! Commendable! Admirable! Prime! Sterling!

Stupendous! Marvelous! Agreeable! Superb! Boss! Tip-top! Worthy! Spanking! Recherche! Deluxe!

Congenial! Ace! Favorable! Gratifying! First-class! Gnarly! Reputable! Select!

And I liked it too. Everything was well explained and organized.

Bonus brohoof to any pony that knows the meaning of the word "recherche".

Edited by Forlong
  • Brohoof 1

Once again, thanks guys for giving feedback after having actually read through it <3 Finding a fair amount of people who are willing to read through posts this long is a luxury that's been absent from many past forums I've been on. Just another testament to how awesome this place is, I suppose.

• Brohoof 1

I'd say that's a pretty good head-canon theory.

This has inspired me to go and write my own, but I'm not sure if I should do that, because it would look like stealing. :huh:

Technically I only got inspired to write this out because of the topic I linked to at the beginning, of some other guy's head-canon xP As long as your personal head-canon isn't this one word for word, or only slightly edited from this one, and is unique enough in it's own right, then it deserves it's topic :D

• Brohoof 1

My friend, that was fantastic, and well worth the read!!!!!!! I can't possibly imagine how the history of Equestria could possibly be written any differently. Thank you so much for the wonderful read, and for putting so much time and effort into compiling this!!!!! :D

And now for something completely different...

However, it's time for me to be THAT-GUY!! That's right, you guessed it, I'm about to be... THE SPELL-CHECK GUY!!!!!!!!! :unsure:

I know, I know, but somepony has to, simply for... future reference, and stuff. *sigh* Whatever, let's just get this over with; honestly, most of your spelling was perfectly fine. The few things I caught were mostly instances of you using simply the wrong word, not misspelling it; however, context is everything, so with that said, here are the couple of big ones that I caught. In the first paragraph of the Discord section, you describe his interest as being "peeked"; however, the correct word to use in this instance is actually "piqued"! I know, it looks funky, right?!?! But trust me, that's the correct word to use, look it up if you want to double-check! Second, and this one was just a little bigger, in the last paragraph of the Discord section, you describe Celestia and Luna as "heroins"; however, you missed an "e" at the end, and it should be spelled "heroines". Normally I wouldn't consider that such a big deal, but considering you came out with "heroins," you basically ended up (literally) saying that the ponies regarded Celestia and Luna as the plural form of an opiate drug! :lol:

I hope that these couple of spell checks proved useful, helpful, educational, and also not too annoying (because I know, spell check is ALWAYS annoying!). I just wanted to help you refine your work in whatever way you could, and considering your post was pretty much bucking perfect in every single way, this is all I could come up with! :) Keep up the great work buddy! :D

• Brohoof 1

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBh895KdXAU

My friend, that was fantastic, and well worth the read!!!!!!! I can't possibly imagine how the history of Equestria could possibly be written any differently. Thank you so much for the wonderful read, and for putting so much time and effort into compiling this!!!!! :D

And now for something completely different...

However, it's time for me to be THAT-GUY!! That's right, you guessed it, I'm about to be... THE SPELL-CHECK GUY!!!!!!!!! :unsure:

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ht5kPNMWrQ

I know, I know, but somepony has to, simply for... future reference, and stuff. *sigh* Whatever, let's just get this over with; honestly, most of your spelling was perfectly fine. The few things I caught were mostly instances of you using simply the wrong word, not misspelling it; however, context is everything, so with that said, here are the couple of big ones that I caught. In the first paragraph of the Discord section, you describe his interest as being "peeked"; however, the correct word to use in this instance is actually "piqued"! I know, it looks funky, right?!?! But trust me, that's the correct word to use, look it up if you want to double-check! Second, and this one was just a little bigger, in the last paragraph of the Discord section, you describe Celestia and Luna as "heroins"; however, you missed an "e" at the end, and it should be spelled "heroines". Normally I wouldn't consider that such a big deal, but considering you came out with "heroins," you basically ended up (literally) saying that the ponies regarded Celestia and Luna as the plural form of an opiate drug! :lol:

I hope that these couple of spell checks proved useful, helpful, educational, and also not too annoying (because I know, spell check is ALWAYS annoying!). I just wanted to help you refine your work in whatever way you could, and considering your post was pretty much bucking perfect in every single way, this is all I could come up with! :) Keep up the great work buddy! :D

Really didn't need to type an entire paragraph, I fixed the errors in two seconds xP Can even delete that now, if you want.

• Brohoof 1

Really didn't need to type an entire paragraph, I fixed the errors in two seconds xP Can even delete that now, if you want.

Hmmm..., I don't know, my inner-troll is telling me not to... what do you think Applejack?

Well, you heard her, and one can never turn down Honest Applejack's advice! LOL, my inner-troll is pleased! :P Once again, great work buddy! Fans like you remind me just how legit our community as a fandom is at this point!!! :D Well, my work is done here, I'm off! *cue dramatic exit*

Posted Image

• Brohoof 1

As a side note, I was majorly considering making an image of this, like a long image so that I could include appropriate images of Discord, Nightmare Moon being banished, Canterlot on the side of the mountain, etc. mingled in-between appropriate paragraphs, and make the entire thing aesthetically pleasing as well as interesting to read about. I started to a couple days ago but didn't like how it was turning out. I may try it again, soon.

Correction: I have finished my scroll idea, and have made a separate topic for the project, over in Fan Art :3 Be sure to check this out: http://mlpforums.com/topic/33261-cdiscords-history-of-equestria-scroll/

• Brohoof 1

• 3 weeks later...

-Snip-

...You know, the writers could actually do something for a spin-off series portraying what it was like before the Mane 6 got together, sort of like Pokemon Chronicles. But that aside, I like the idea of Discord suddenly being introduced after Celestia. It leads me to believe that the three tribes weren't completely confident about their new bonds and thus were still distrustful. Discord, being the nitpick that he is, decided to poke fun at it and eventually realized that it could be exploited quite a bit... thus, the beginning of his reign of terror.

Luckily, the Mane 6 managed to set for the solution to that: by being completely confident and understanding that even though your bonds have been established, you're still susceptible to fights here and there, but the important thing is to understand that your bonds won't be easy to uphold. In the end though, if you fight for them, you'll see that they're well worth it to keep.

Princess Luna, her heart corrupted by jealousy and envy, transformed into Nightmare Moon. Turning on Celestia and blaming her for her own suffering, Nightmare Moon engaged her in a deadly duel of fate. Light clashed against darkness, and Celestia engaged her sister with tears in her eyes, knowing whomever won this fight would determine the future of Equestria. Peace and harmony, or never-ending night.

After mucking around in some threads, I think you can make a case about Discord's stone seal weakening quite a bit after Nightmare Moon's banishment. Think about it - it must have taken Celestia years to compensate for it, as she could have easily known that this would affect the previous seal in some way, but she did a pretty good job in maintaining Equestria's stability and harmony nonetheless. I guess it goes without saying that Celestia truly is the grandest and most patient of all leaders in their world.

Completely cocky, Discord's overthrowing was absolute. Laughing and boasting at the attempts of the alicorn sisters approaching his throne once again, the beast was caught by surprise when the combined magic bathed him in a spectrum of light. Pure, concentrated harmony clashed against his own chaotic being, and the forces cancelled each other out. The result being that the Draconequus turned to stone, petrified for all eternity.

I can't say enough about Discord's idiocy when facing the Mane 6. You'd think that a creature of his intelligence and power he'd learn his lesson even after knowing that the Elements were something to be reckoned with at all times, not just after being sealed in stone the first time around, especially after repelling the Mane 6 in similar fashion like he did with the royal sisters (according to your head canon). The stupid villain cliche applies greatly here, to my chagrin.

For quite some time, harmony was maintained in Equestria, and slowly but surely, civilization began to creep outwards. However, something else crept as well, and it wasn't the expanse of ponies. Envy steadily filled Princess Luna's heart. Night after night she watched in tortured silence as the ponies of her kingdom laughed and played under her sisters' sun, then slept through and shunned her own glorious night. This feeling built and built, until finally, it exploded, with horrifying results.

I'm glad you brought this up. Who knows if Discord still had some sort of influence even while sealed? Could Luna really have let simple envy overtake her just like that, even if it was gradual? A shame on what Celestia had to ultimately do, or maybe it was just Luna's relatively young age (there's an age difference between the two sisters) that contributed more to her growing jealousy rather than third party influence.

• Brohoof 2

...You know, the writers could actually do something for a spin-off series portraying what it was like before the Mane 6 got together, sort of like Pokemon Chronicles. But that aside, I like the idea of Discord suddenly being introduced after Celestia. It leads me to believe that the three tribes weren't completely confident about their new bonds and thus were still distrustful. Discord, being the nitpick that he is, decided to poke fun at it and eventually realized that it could be exploited quite a bit... thus, the beginning of his reign of terror.

Luckily, the Mane 6 managed to set for the solution to that: by being completely confident and understanding that even though your bonds have been established, you're still susceptible to fights here and there, but the important thing is to understand that your bonds won't be easy to uphold. In the end though, if you fight for them, you'll see that they're well worth it to keep.

Indeed ^^

After mucking around in some threads, I think you can make a case about Discord's stone seal weakening quite a bit after Nightmare Moon's banishment. Think about it - it must have taken Celestia years to compensate for it, as she could have easily known that this would affect the previous seal in some way, but she did a pretty good job in maintaining Equestria's stability and harmony nonetheless. I guess it goes without saying that Celestia truly is the grandest and most patient of all leaders in their world.

It may have also weakened the seal through Celestia's consistent grief over that one-thousand years, or something like that, perhaps. Probably not as later on, but initially I'm sure Celestia was in quite a bit of emotional turmoil for being forced to do such a thing.

I can't say enough about Discord's idiocy when facing the Mane 6. You'd think that a creature of his intelligence and power he'd learn his lesson even after knowing that the Elements were something to be reckoned with at all times, not just after being sealed in stone the first time around, especially after repelling the Mane 6 in similar fashion like he did with the royal sisters (according to your head canon). The stupid villain cliche applies greatly here, to my chagrin.

Yeah, unfortunately his sudden and 'way too easy' sealing is also due to outside-show factors like 'this is a kid's show, and the villain is only being given these two episodes, so we need to finish him off with no delay'. I know Discord is cocky, but he did deal with the Elements before, so even if he felt his victory were assured, I don't think he'd just sit there a second time and completely ignore the fact that the ponies are using the Elements again, and this time, with clearly positive results. He didn't even attempt to dodge, which again, also plays into the time frame restrictions for his character.

I'm glad you brought this up. Who knows if Discord still had some sort of influence even while sealed? Could Luna really have let simple envy overtake her just like that, even if it was gradual? A shame on what Celestia had to ultimately do, or maybe it was just Luna's relatively young age (there's an age difference between the two sisters) that contributed more to her growing jealousy rather than third party influence.

Yeah, a lot of people play with the idea that Discord may have planted early seeds of envy and jealousy into young, naive Luna before he was defeated, and that, that may have been a factor in her transformation into Nightmare Moon. It's certainly interesting to think about. It's obvious he would have prayed after Luna as opposed to Celestia because like you say, there's a huge age difference; Celestia's not naive, and probably wasn't even back then. Whereas Luna could fall into the 'You're the little sister stuck in the shadow of your sister' trap, if Discord tried to plant those thoughts of doubt.

• Brohoof 2

• 7 months later...

Great post! I like how you built every aspect of your Head Canon logically around an aspect of the show, so in totality it is highly accurate. While we cannot know for sure what Equestria's history was until more of it is revealed throughout the show, your idea definitely makes sense to me. 

There is only one point that I disagree with. I disagree with the idea that the battle between Celestia and Luna caught anyone in the crossfire. While alicorns are undoubtedly powerful, as evidenced in A Canterlot Wedding (Part 2) they can duel without harming anyone else within a close proximity. Plus, Celestia, being fully aware of the power of alicorns, would probably have used the elements of harmony as soon as possible to prevent anything beyond the destruction of their old castle from taking place. Yet, at the same time, I definitely see where you are coming from: since they are sisters, Celestia would hesitate using the elements of harmony against her. 

All in all, great post. I enjoyed reading it.

a While ago I would have agreed but now that Faust have confirmed that Celestia and Luna had parents They lived with them in the evertree castle I would disagree with your headcanon

Well, obviously :P This is a pretty old topic ^^ Long before S3 came out, and long before Lauren began actively answering questions.