Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Why I am a Anti-Brony

PonyEcho

I also didn't really care much for Derpy's old voice, I actually think her new voice is kinda cute. Although I think they should leave her eyes alone, and make her a little less clumsy (I think some of the people who make Derpy fanfics have the right idea).

• Brohoof 2

I see a lock in the future based on some responses.

Saying you are "anti brony" generalizes, no matter how much you say that you aren't.

Maybe you should make a thread about why you dislike those who are intolerant and irritating, not just one about why you dislike the fandom because there are people out there with sick minds.

There are idiots and sickos in every sort of popular fandom, and disliking it because of the select few is honestly just a little over-the-top.

Also, you are disrespecting others a little, and if there is one thing I hate it's those who cannot accept the viewpoints of another.

I'm not here telling you you should change. I think that while you make some good points, you also are making some prejudiced ones based on previous experience with the unsavoury side of the bronies.

Also, please clean up your grammar...no offense, but I'm having a hard time getting what you're saying...:/

• Brohoof 6

I also didn't really care much for Derpy's old voice, I actually think her new voice is kinda cute. Although I think they should leave her eyes alone, and make her a little less clumsy (I think some of the people who make Derpy fanfics have the right idea).

I like her new voice alot, the part that frustrated me was the slopply way the edit was done to it. It was horrible and rushed out.

• Brohoof 2

That really sucks man...i hate those kinds of bronies. But don't think every brony is a jerk like that. I would call myself a good brony. I do tolerate. I feel both sides about the derpy delima (although it was before my time). Just know that (god I hope so) that most bronies are probably the good. And try to steer clear of those other kinds. I hope our fandom can eventually 'reteriorate' it's deterioration.

• Brohoof 1

Finally Celestiadammit, somepony who agrees with me on both MLD and the Derpy situation.

MLD is definitely not the best fanfic in the whole entire fandom. I can name all the ones I've read that are better, in my opinion, of course. Sure it's sad and had a big influence, but it's not something to make a big deal out of.

And the Derpy situation. Some of you, when you listened to her voice change, acted as if your mother had died. IT'S NOT A BIG DEAL, HONESTLY. The whole thing is meant to be an Applejack episode, yet all of you act as if AJ shouldn't even exist in that VERY FEW screentime she already had. Derpy isn't meant to speak in the first place. Stop acting as if the world exploded.

• Brohoof 4

Oh, yeah, I didn't mention the Derpy or MLD things.

I didn't cry during My Little Dashie.

I didn't get mad about the Derpy thing.

I'm a miserable excuse for a human being!

• Brohoof 2

Everyone here is being very respectful, and that is good and right.

But you are wrong. The problems you are evidencing are NOT problems of the bronies. The problems here are problems of fandoms in general. If you would judge the us, do NOT forget that we are a fandom, and that as such we fall prey to the same problems any one is going to have, be it anime, manga, TV show, Homestuck, etc. In general, I think we are better than most. We are kinder, quicker to accept people into our fold, and more community based then just about any I've ever seen. None of what you say is going to go away, so your options come down to suck it up and deal with it or go away. I don't think it needs a name.

• Brohoof 12

I found this kinda funny, I personally hate My Little Dashy, and the whole Derpy thing, I just ignore (but I hate her new voice). The 'older' bronies are just trying to feel important and have a sad life, so let them try and feel important. That's just about all.

• Brohoof 1

snip

i'm not the kind of person to sit back and accept jerkish behavioral just because its always been there, it doesn't make it right nor does it make it wrong to try and at least do something to change it, yes i know it kinda pointless but that wont stop me.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

also i would like to make another point

I HAVE NOTHING AGAINST CLOPPING and its a topic because i have done it my self, its also not about the horse to some its more about the personality o the character were attracted to and tend to turn to humanized.

What TRUE bronies do:

We ignore the pathetic chumps who try to get in flamewars, complain about stupid things, and bully the new bronies in the community. http://mlpforums.com/public/style_emoticons/default/dry.png

We should come up with a name for the good people of this community! :P

wait, this is a flame war??

if a mod can verify this i will have this thread closed the point of this topic is because i have been meaning to do this for 2 months and been putting it of due to lazyness and the idea that this was not thread worthy, but since i have now had so many conversations with people on different thread causing them to go complacently off topic, thus this thread

We are an evolutionary step off of neanderthals, still linked to primate instincts and DNA, and live on a vast, uncaring world that has spent the better part of 10,000 years trying desperately to kill us off.

There is not a single perfect political system yet in existence, and we cannot apply common sense to law the vast majority of the time. There has not been a period of no war for more than 10 years since we ascended from the caves.

There is no evidence for an afterlife, very little hope for immortality in our lifetime, and no end to the constant conflict in our lives.

We all live sad lives. Give them a break.

Posting a thread on the forums is not taking a step towards change. In fact, you are only contributing to the broken base aspect of the fandom that is going to cause schisms and infighting, much bigger problems than mild jerkishness and liking a fan-fic too much. As for the Derpy thing, it wasn't about Derpy is was about the greater issues within. Issues like overt political correctness and need to pander to other people in OUR show.
  • Brohoof 3

If anyone presumes that bronies are perfect, or that most bronies claim to be perfect, then they have placed their own set of blinders on when viewing the community. There are undesirable aspects of any given fandom; it's as simple as that. But that should not determine how you view the whole of the MLP fandom, given how creative and proactive it is.

It is unfair to tar everyone with the same brush, really.

• Brohoof 4

*Sighs* Yeah you're right, there are several people that are just really fail. Personally I have never read My Little Dashie, but if you found it bad they should respect your opinion. Remember everypony just because the majority likes something and you don't it doesn't mean you are not par of their community. Everypony needs to have their own opinion.

• Brohoof 2

If anyone presumes that bronies are perfect, or that most bronies claim to be perfect, then they have placed their own set of blinders on when viewing the community. There are undesirable aspects of any given fandom; it's as simple as that. But that should not determine how you view the whole of the MLP fandom, given how creative and proactive it is.

It is unfair to tar everyone with the same brush, really.

have i done that? i have made it clear (well clear for me ) that i do not judge everyone as a whole but rather individual i cant rely complain about a brony i haven't ever met in some form it just so happens my first encounters with bronies as a brony were not good and it dose form my opinion and i eg-knowledge it, but im stubborn and will stick to my opinions

We are an evolutionary step off of neanderthals, still linked to primate instincts and DNA, and live on a vast, uncaring world that has spent the better part of 10,000 years trying desperately to kill us off.

There is not a single perfect political system yet in existence, and we cannot apply common sense to law the vast majority of the time. There has not been a period of no war for more than 10 years since we ascended from the caves.

There is no evidence for an afterlife, very little hope for immortality in our lifetime, and no end to the constant conflict in our lives.

We all live sad lives. Give them a break.

Funny, yet true. That's why I just try to live out my existence as happily as I can, doing what I want, when I want, were I want. (within the restrictions so I'm not spending that time behind bars)

Although what's sad is when people don't live their life to its full potential and as I see it, waste their time with religion (don't kill me).

• Brohoof 1

have i done that? i have made it clear (well clear for me ) that i do not judge everyone as a whole but rather individual i cant rely complain about a brony i haven't ever met in some form it just so happens my first encounters with bronies as a brony were not good and it dose form my opinion and i eg-knowledge it, but im stubborn and will stick to my opinions

I wouldn't say that you are tarring everyone with the same brush, per se, but the language comes across as an indictment of the fanbase due to a few rotten eggs. Personally, taking the good with the bad is part of any standard interaction within a given group.

• Brohoof 5

Funny, yet true. That's why I just try to live out my existence as happily as I can, doing what I want, when I want, were I want. (within the restrictions so I'm not spending that time behind bars)

Although what's sad is when people don't live their life to its full potential and as I see it, waste their time with religion (don't kill me).

BLUH BLUH BUTTHURT ABOUT RELIGION BLUH BLUH BLUH BLUH.

Seriously, though, I can see where you are coming from. It bothers me that people are jerks about being bronies, but everyone has their trials, and its hard for me to judge them. I just give advice where I can and set an example for bronies out there.

Well, you seem to be pointing out the more extreme "edges" of the community. Sure, there are bronies like you described, but the whole fandom isn't like that. Most people who call themselves bronies are pretty normal people, in a sense that they just like a show called My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic.

I understand completely. Just because you are technically part of a group of people doesn't mean you need to agree with everyone in said group. I for one was thoroughly disappointed by My Little Dashie. And while I do consider the whole Princess Molestia thing to be kind of funny, I believe that people have gone a bit overboard with it.

I'm pretty sure people within a group are going to have different opinions. We're not mindless robots we're human beings and we have opinions on things.

We're in this group in my eyes because we all love the show MLP.

Everything else is going to differ from pony to pony.

I am slowly swaying to the "I don't want to call myself a Brony" side of the fandom, but it is those few brony friends that are like me (Those who just treat the show like anything else they like. Like it's just another cool thing) that keep me from swaying out. I agree that bronies do a lot of stupid crap. And I hate when they use an over generalization to discribe us or try to make themself look good. To me a brony is what it is defined as "A fan of My Little Pony" not some person that lives by some damn code of honor. Brony is and always will be just another name.

I don't think that you are defining brony correctly. You don't have to enjoy the music to be a brony. You don't have to even like the show necessarily. I for one are annoyed with the love and tolerance stuff. I don't think you should have to act a certain way to be a fan of something. I think that we should act with love and tolerance no matter what. But, that's just my opinion.

• Brohoof 2

My opinion on the whole community thing is a bit mixed,

For one, being a brony has brought me to be a better person and to love and tolerate people even though they may be angry, wrong, annoying, etc

But for one it has turned me away from the people, even in the fandom, who tend to be a little overcritical and too sensetive about the show and it's material.

I will continue watching, posting, writing, drawing, etc until this fandom has either completely run it's course or has become a worldwide thing. But thee will always be that part of me that has a feeling not to talk to other people about the show

@@PonyEcho,

how ironic that a good number of people are these anti-brony then. In this world of popularised non-conformity. Even bronies will try to be outshine each other, giving asinine subcultures of essentially the same damn thing. With a slight differentiation so that they can belong and yet pretentiously belong independently.

Irony? You're depending on people to think that which is rarely ever the case. You want to be a trend setter but you won't because everyone else is trying too.

and so infighting ensues. Even with this brohoof crap in this forum. Opinions suddenly become an idiotic popularity contest.

• Brohoof 1