Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Why I am a Anti-Brony

PonyEcho

Whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa.

CrookedTrees got involved with this as well?

Posted Image

I haven't ever had direct contact with CrookedTrees. The closest thing is I looked at the Pinkamena Diane Pie tumblr, before I ever made a tumblr account.

Shits getting all kinds of weird up in here.

Also, thank you for vouching, Arcanel.

Ummm...Vy'drach? I think this would be a great time to try and directly talk with Crookedtrees to try and clear the situation before it gets completely out of hand, and your username gets FOOOOOREVEEEEEER in a bad sign with CT. Pronto. Also, your welcome :) .

Trust me, you don't sound exaggerated. At all. And I know this because because trust me when I say this, I AM a very exaggerated person in real life, whether on joke or for real, and it's NOT an exaggeration to feel like everyone's against after you have had such bad experiences, let alone if you don't quite a lot of "people skills", so to speak. In fact, it's better to feel bad because you can expel, again so to speak, all your true emotions, and trust me, bottling it up is the worst thing anyone can do ever. But anyway, before I go into any psychological stuff which doesn't belong here (which is weird when I'm only 18 :lol: ), let me tell you this. I know better than to say "You shouldn't feel that bad over few things", when I DON'T know what you've been through nor how you feel. People are ALWAYS getting shocked when they discover they're favorite artists suddenly draw a small bit of R34 and I know some of the most famous out there do as well. They don't understand that art is a form of a transfer of feelings, and as such, your current emotion (er, this sounds badly phrased, let me correct). If one just gets the feels of just drawing R34, or even viceversa, they can do so. Why? Because it's a ) your own art, and b ) an artist knows better than to NOT draw what is the current feeling, whatever it may be. It's the artist's choice to showcase it or not. I for example am a rookie fanfic writer, and I write when I feel like, and what I feel like. End of discussion, and I know other artists, of whatever form, do the same. Whenever I see art, I just compliment, considering I absolutely suck at that :lol:. Your art, which I'm seeing right now for example, is great, at least to me. It's wonderful :) . And sometimes, whenever I try to do a correct critique, I sometimes fear that I'm critiquing the style, which someone should NEVER do, rather than how well your art was done. For example, in your ID pic, I think the lines forming the muzzle are a bit too...cubic, for lack of a better word, but I realize, that's probably your style. And your art reminds me of another artist called Imalou (don't know if you know him).

But anyway, back to topic. Here's the thing. In about a month or so, we'll be getting Season 3, FINALLY :D . That means, there's going to be A LOT of new comments, new people, and new stuff all together. in my opinion, between seasons woudl be your best shot at..er...trying to tie knots with the people in the community, so to speak. I know you probably don't trust it much by now, and I completely understand the reasons of why you wouldn't. My advice is, see what happens between and after Season 3, if you try your choice at getting to know people or having chats with. If you can get more good experiences than bad once, and the bad ones don't get that bad, then you should probably give it another chance. If not, then you should do what you probably do now, and just stick with what you know is your friend. Don'0t worry about sounding like a drama queen, because you aren't. Being a drama queen would be exaggerating the little things that SHOULDN'T make you feel so bad. And I know for a fact this isn't the case, because it IS something anyone can feel bad, again, especially if you don't have much "people" skills :) . Besides, one shouldn't have to go through bad experiences that make you feel worse than the good ones can make you feel good. It is one thing to get a dosage of reality, and another is to just get bad things as it was a universe's joke. You know how to take the bad experiences, kick the (which I still think is smaller than the good one, but eh, not gonna bring it up again) community's bad side in the ass to make them good ones :mellow: . So, whatever you decide to do, I'm hoping it is the best choice for yourself right now. I hope you can make good ties with community Enigma if you choose to stay! Good luck! :) And keep on doing your art it's wonderful! B) I'd also be happy, to be one of the good ones to be your considered your friend, if you wish to :).

Also, picking up on something Vy'drach, it's true! You DO have a similar style to CT...you know, you, CT, and Imalou could all make a group saying "BEAUTIFUL GRIMDARK ARTISTS...ASSEMBLE!" or something random like that :lol:

And also, what Vy'drach said.

FTFTFTTF I don't think I could stand beside the greatness of CrookedTrees and Imalou though these compliments have given me a sore face from smiling so much~

You're both right about ignoring the weenies in the community (Weenie is my word-of-the-week! <3). I never used to be so defensive/defeatist but I guess people change for the worse sometimes~

I'll gladly take your offer of friendship up :3 <3

Thank you both (you and Vy'drach) for this, it's given me a new look on the community :3 I'll do my best not to lose hope in bronies so fast again.. Unless it somehow ends up like the Sonic fandom. XD

Whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa.

CrookedTrees got involved with this as well?

Posted Image

I haven't ever had direct contact with CrookedTrees. The closest thing is I looked at the Pinkamena Diane Pie tumblr, before I ever made a tumblr account.

Shits getting all kinds of weird up in here.

Also, thank you for vouching, Arcanel.

@ - @ WHOOOAAAA seems I greatly misread a part of what you said beforehand.

I thought you meant by "Which that reminds me, I had nearly the exact same negative encounter with you as I did CrookedTrees" CT met a compliment of yours on DA with harshness like what happened with us.

• Brohoof 1

Ummm...Vy'drach? I think this would be a great time to try and directly talk with Crookedtrees to try and clear the situation before it gets completely out of hand, and your username gets FOOOOOREVEEEEEER in a bad sign with CT. Pronto. Also, your welcome :) .

I have absolutely no idea how to get in contact with CrookedTrees, and I don't want to go diving through things like DeviantArt, FurAffinity, or the Tumblrs after him as I know what some of his art is like, and don't want to go stumbling across the stuff I don't like.

FTFTFTTF I don't think I could stand beside the greatness of CrookedTrees and Imalou though these compliments have given me a sore face from smiling so much~

You're both right about ignoring the weenies in the community (Weenie is my word-of-the-week! <3). I never used to be so defensive/defeatist but I guess people change for the worse sometimes~

I'll gladly take your offer of friendship up :3 <3

Thank you both (you and Vy'drach) for this, it's given me a new look on the community :3 I'll do my best not to lose hope in bronies so fast again.. Unless it somehow ends up like the Sonic fandom. XD

@ - @ WHOOOAAAA seems I greatly misread a part of what you said beforehand.

I thought you meant by "Which that reminds me, I had nearly the exact same negative encounter with you as I did CrookedTrees" CT met a compliment of yours on DA with harshness like what happened with us.

And that's great the hear, Enigma. Truly is.

And ah, I see about the misunderstanding, Enigma. Glad to see I don't need to patch things up with CT, then. Though this still leaves the mystery unanswered of who the hell is using my name.

Edited by Vy'drach

I have absolutely no idea how to get in contact with CrookedTrees, and I don't want to go diving through things like DeviantArt, FurAffinity, or the Tumblrs after him as I know what some of his art is like, and don't want to go stumbling across the stuff I don't like.

And that's great the hear, Enigma. Truly is.

And ah, I see about the misunderstanding, Enigma. Glad to see I don't need to patch things up with CT, then. Though this still leaves the mystery unanswered of who the hell is using my name.

Sorry too = v = What did you mean by that anyway? I still can't see what you were getting at. I'm pretty tired, been up for about 17 hours o-o

I think if they were still using it then you'd've known a long time ago by offended people throwing shit at you out of nowhere XD Maybe you just forgot to sign out of tumblr somewhere and a person so happened to come across it and send a couple of nasty messages around? Seems a little far fetched but I'm out of ideas and confused as you .-.

Sorry too = v = What did you mean by that anyway? I still can't see what you were getting at. I'm pretty tired, been up for about 17 hours o-o

I think if they were still using it then you'd've known a long time ago by offended people throwing shit at you out of nowhere XD Maybe you just forgot to sign out of tumblr somewhere and a person so happened to come across it and send a couple of nasty messages around? Seems a little far fetched but I'm out of ideas and confused as you .-.

What I meant is someone long ago posted a link to a CrookedTree's tumblr, and said that some of the pictures are a bit much, and my only experience with CT was Pinkamena Diane Pie tumblr so I thought they just couldn't handle grimdark going to a certain point, but it was r34 they were talking about.

With what happened with your tumblr, basically same thing, talking to a person about grimdark, tumblr gets linked with a vague description, go in, more than just grimdark. I just felt like sharing the story because I figured you might get a kick out of it, and it was rather cathartic for me, and I sure did feel better afterwards.

Also, I've checked my DA and Tumblr, and neither have any messages or anything between people, so someone must have the username (granted my DA and Tumblr lack the apostrophe). So when it comes to DA and Tumblr, my username is Vydrach, not Vy'drach. FurAffinity as well if anyone goes there.

Edited by Vy'drach
  • Brohoof 1

I agree with what you said there boi.Lots of bronies in the fandom are giving us a bad rap.Giving anti-bronies/brony haters more ammo to bash us with.Pretty soon BlackBusterCritic(diz brotha iz cold trust me) will return to YT and attack us harshly.

I can't believe you are one of the ppl who destoryed derpy for us.We had such a cool relationship with Hasbro and the animators that they were kind enough to give us eps about derpy(a fan character btw).WHAT ENTERTAINMENT COMPANY EVEN DOES THAT?Sorry bro, not cool.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sVibBAlSshU

Sorry, some anti-bronies had it coming.Go ahead and say, "u ain't no betta EL".

But sometimes u gotta go Rarity.

(edited)

I can't believe you are one of the ppl who destoryed derpy for us.We had such a cool relationship with Hasbro and the animators that they were kind enough to give us eps about derpy(a fan character btw).WHAT ENTERTAINMENT COMPANY EVEN DOES THAT?Sorry bro, not cool.

the question is, was Derpy destroyed? she is still in the show as a back ground character and the edited version is only on I Tunes and main broadcasting which the unedited will is sill around and is on my copy of the Friendship Express DVD.

also the ones who gave it us had no idea what Derp meant (keep in mind it is still slang for stupid and is used as a insult) and when it was brought to there attention they changed it them selves there was no forcing on Hasbro's part.

and last but not least the venom like reaction from bronies did the most damage, the idea that Derpy is mentally challenged when technically she has lazy eyes being the most insulting to the character that so many people are trying to defend.

Edited by PonyEcho
  • Brohoof 1

I used to think like you.

But then came a simple quote by my brother.

Him and I were in a tea shop. I asked , "Why are you so obsessed with tea?" At first he just said, "I don't know man". Then I said, "Well, I shouldn't be talking, I have an obsession for Australia." And then he replied with simple, yet very powerful words. He said, "Yeah, let's face it, everybody does weird things. You do, I do, so we shouldn't judge each other. Just do whatever the fuck you want".

What he said was the ultimate statement of neutrality.

How this ties in to your statements? Well, many people say that Bronies are just feeding the haters. They have a right to do it. I very much agree with them, that a lot of Bronies furious attitude and defiance against reason in defense of their favorite show is calling more and more trolls to the scene. If Bronies just replied with a (lot) more intelligence than they normally do, most of the haters would get bored and stop.

Now, even thought what I just said targeted Bronies with negativity, the next thing I say will neutralize it. People have a right (this is key, they have a right to do whatever they want) to judge people only because of a show they watch, or judge people for one thing as a whole, and to stereotype them as gays, or 30 year old greasy men who live in basements. They have a right to do it. However, it is utterly immature, rude, and ultra unintelligent.

The big picture is, that both Brony haters and Bronies have a right to do whatever they want. Bronies can defend their show with inappropriate rage and zeal, and non-Bronies can throw whatever hateful and treacherous comments they want. However, once everyone realizes this, stops being biased, and most importantly, finally admit that some things that they're doing are wrong, then my guess is that all of this conflict will stop.

Like the situation with my brother. He admits that his obsession with tea is weird, I admit that my obsession with Australia is weird, we all get along.

Admittance for your wrongdoing. I can't stress this enough.

Sorry if my insight is not that good, it's 3:00 in the morning here.

Until next time. Good night.

Edited by Modphase
  • Brohoof 2

I agree with what you said there boi.Lots of bronies in the fandom are giving us a bad rap.Giving anti-bronies/brony haters more ammo to bash us with.Pretty soon BlackBusterCritic(diz brotha iz cold trust me) will return to YT and attack us harshly.

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=sVibBAlSshU

Sorry, some anti-bronies had it coming.Go ahead and say, "u ain't no betta EL".

But sometimes u gotta go Rarity.

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=ImgHoGgCn8U

Did you know that a person on youtube by the name of LeisureSuitGaming2 is already starting a huge giant shit storm on bronies right now?

You should see some of his video to know what I mean.

I really feel for you. The fact that you have seen the worst part of the fandom (people who does all those mean things you said) is sad.

But really you can't just generalize and say that all bronies are like that. The brony fandom is huge and you apparently just happened to meet some pretty stupid bronies.

"Anti-brony" is not the correct term to use at all. You should be calling yourself a brony and those people you've met can go back and watch all the episodes and ask themselves: "Do I follow these lessons that Twilight Sparkle writes about to the princess?". You have to explain to them (and future stupid parts of the fandom you meet) that you simply can't judge people on their opinion, and that includes whether or not Derpy is offensive and whether or not MLD is the best sad story ever.

I mean really! That's basically what being a brony is all about! When you meet non-bronies and tell them you like a children show you got to explain to them that they simply can't judge you for that, it's all about opinions.

I just want to assure you that I know for a fact that there is at least one brony out there that tolerates your opinion.

Did you know that a person on youtube by the name of LeisureSuitGaming2 is already starting a huge giant shit storm on bronies right now?

You should see some of his video to know what I mean.

Could you link me to some of his videos?He has so many videos that i don't even know which to watch.Ppl seem to wanna believe that we are all a bunch of man-children,pedophiles,fursuit wearing perverted pony clopping insecure fags who joined the "bronies" for attention purposes who are only into anthro animals.I'm here to say NO.We became bronies because we share a common interest.Which is talent and effort being put into a show.

Heed my word bronies.When BlackBusterCritic returns to Youtube.He's going to brake the backs of the bronies and burn us.By attacking all of the ignorant bronies.Then he'll hunt down the cloppers and all the ones who are sexually attracted to the ponies(he did this to the Sonic fanbase).This man single handedly influenced half of YT if not all.Into thinking that the Sonic fanbase is full sexual deviants who are into little girls who refuse to grow up.Now the that fanbase is seen as huge joke now, lmao.And he'll do it with a smile too.

I'm atleast trying to help defend our fanbase by making videos like this.So we could atleast get a fair amount of respect.Like, "yeah ok, not all bronies sexually love the ponies".Shit like that. Cause the only way to win, is to fight them with logic. lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sVibBAlSshU

THe brony fandom is no difrrent from any other fandom,

The fandom has grown to such a large size that...you can't say that every brony is the same, it's like saying every family guy or minecraft fan is the same. What needs to be taken into acocunt is that bronies of all shapes and sizes are in this community, and whether you like it or not...some of them are jerks..it's called life, you are going to run into them no matter what.

The brony community is no different, we are still human and we still act like humans, that means some people in this fandom...are not that great, but when you think about how large it's grown, do you expect every brony to be spreading happines and friendship? Probably not.

As some one else said, you are not a anti brony, that is implying that you hate the show and all it's followers you just hate the sucky part of the community, and like it or not, every community has a sucky part, you have to suck it up. From what I have seen, the jerks of the community are a minority, I am sorry for being so blunt, but it's like saying that a bakery sucks just because they have made 1 bad cake.

Could you link me to some of his videos?He has so many videos that i don't even know which to watch.Ppl seem to wanna believe that we are all a bunch of man-children,pedophiles,fursuit wearing perverted pony clopping insecure fags who joined the "bronies" for attention purposes who are only into anthro animals.I'm here to say NO.We became bronies because we share a common interest.Which is talent and effort being put into a show.

Heed my word bronies.When BlackBusterCritic returns to Youtube.He's going to brake the backs of the bronies and burn us.By attacking all of the ignorant bronies.Then he'll hunt down the cloppers and all the ones who are sexually attracted to the ponies(he did this to the Sonic fanbase).This man single handedly influenced half of YT if not all.Into thinking that the Sonic fanbase is full sexual deviants who are into little girls who refuse to grow up.Now the that fanbase is seen as huge joke now, lmao.And he'll do it with a smile too.

I'm atleast trying to help defend our fanbase by making videos like this.So we could atleast get a fair amount of respect.Like, "yeah ok, not all bronies sexually love the ponies".Shit like that. Cause the only way to win, is to fight them with logic. lol

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=sVibBAlSshU

Here you go if you want to see them for yourself. To be honest with you I think he might be just trolling to see some reactions.

Here you go if you want to see them for yourself. To be honest with you I think he might be just trolling to see some reactions.

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=TXQr9sdy60A&feature=plcp

His videos and channel have exactly nothing for views in the grand scheme of things, so I'd just ignore him and move on. He has a playlist devoted to bashing Skyrim too, so I think's he's just trying to drum up rage views from big fanbases.

Edited by Shoboni
  • Brohoof 1

I completely understand your frustration with certain bronies, but honestly, did you really need to make an entire thread about how you invented this cool title for yourself that for everyone else implies something entirely different? If anti-brony generally means someone who hates MLP, why else do you think that people would be constantly asking you why you belong on this forum?

I don't mean to be rude, but I hope that you realize that calling yourself an anti-brony doesn't automatically make you better than anyone who calls himself a brony.

Others have already said it, but I want to reiterate. You are a brony. You are a male who likes MLP FiM. You don't have to be an elitist 4chan troll who likes to flame people who have different opinions in order to be called a brony. If everyone who called himself a brony fell into that specific qualification, then MLP cons, forums, and the world in general, would be a much sadder place.

Edited by RockinRarity
  • Brohoof 3

I dont really like bronies either (yes my username has the word brony in it but i put it there as a joke, my avatar goes along with it you see, i dont have a very high opinion of bronies). I dont call myself one unironically but I still really like the show, the annoying bronies have ruined it for a lot of people sadly.

First of all you don't seem to be anti-brony because people who are anti-brony are people who hate bronies and think they are fags you just don't seem to want to conform to the ideas of other bronies and I respect that. Second I also thought my little dashie wasn't that good. Third you an overly sensitive person if you were offended by derpy's voice and you suck (JK) I don't however get why anyone was offended. Third the post was way to long and that was as far as I got but based on people's response it got pretty offensive so screw you I guess.. Fourth the title should be Why I am an anti-brony and not Why I Am a Anti-Brony. Fifth I couldn't care less everyone is entitled to their own opinion as long as it isn't hurtful or offensive.

I dont really like bronies either (yes my username has the word brony in it but i put it there as a joke, my avatar goes along with it you see, i dont have a very high opinion of bronies). I dont call myself one unironically but I still really like the show, the annoying bronies have ruined it for a lot of people sadly.

Are you saying all bronies are annoying or that the annoying ones (meaning some bronies are annoying) ruined it for alot of people?

Edited by Black Star

I don't even see how some annoying bronies could ruin MLP for anyone. I can understand that some bronies might not enjoy all parts of the fandom but ruining the actual show? You shouldn't let people ruin something that you like and either way, I would still consider you a brony if you are a fan of the show regardless of whether or not you like the fandom. A brony is just a fan of MLP:FiM, you don't have to like the fandom to be a brony.

• 3 weeks later...

BIG SNIP

I agree with you fully. I'm honestly drifting away from the brony community now... it really isnt the same as it used to be... It really isnt...

I call myself a brony, but most bronies I see make me facehoof, especially the ones who get into flame wars with OBVIOUS trolls over some stupid youtube comment. Also, I hate it when someone says that someone can't be a brony just because they're not a certain age. If someone likes the show and considers themselves a brony, then that's good enough for me.

I'm not that happy about some of the stuff PonyEcho said, but oh we'll, what's been said has been done.

I call myself a Brony/Pegasister, but I'm not all that into talking about the show, I like the community a whole ton more than the show. I know there are a few creepy creeps out there in the MLP fan community, but I'm careful about who I interact with. @ http://mlpforums.com/user/8592-yuber/, I know what you mean by "most bronies I see make me facehoof", sometimes my own sister makes me do that. It can get a little rediculous. I just try to ignore it, though.

@ http://mlpforums.com/user/5360-mersander/

People grow out of things like this, so it makes sense if you drift, whether it be a little or quite a bit.

Edited by Octavia's Cellozoid
  • Brohoof 1

the question is, was Derpy destroyed? she is still in the show as a back ground character and the edited version is only on I Tunes and main broadcasting which the unedited will is sill around and is on my copy of the Friendship Express DVD.

First, I wouldn't count my chickens about her yet, because the second season was finished by the time it started airing on TV. Animation companies don't air episodes of a new season, until the production of said season is complete. So Season 3 is where we will actually see if those complaints 'destroyed' her or not. If she's not in Season 3, then she was probably 'destroyed'. If she is, then she wasn't. It's as simple as that. This may not be the most pleasant prospect, but this is the way it is.

also the ones who gave it us had no idea what Derp meant (keep in mind it is still slang for stupid and is used as a insult) and when it was brought to there attention they changed it them selves there was no forcing on Hasbro's part.

Second, this has come up alot. To put this myth to rest once and for all, one of the lead writers for that episode e-mailed us awhile back regarding the change in episode 14, saying they didn't want to change the scene, but Hasbro ordered them to. I believe her exact words were that she and the rest of the team were heartbroken.

and last but not least the venom like reaction from bronies did the most damage, the idea that Derpy is mentally challenged when technically she has lazy eyes being the most insulting to the character that so many people are trying to defend.

The venom-like reaction was nothing, compared to how it could have been. There were Anons (members of Anonymous) that were ready to retaliate directly against the people that complained, and we had to spend the better part of about three months talking them down (it is almost impossible to talk an Anon out of doing something that they feel is necessary to defend freedom of speech). Yes, I was among the ones that wanted retribution, though my attitude was more of an initial impulse and it didn't go anywhere. But I came to my senses rather quickly. Fortunately, we defused what could've been an extremely bad situation. So really, it was the bronies that stopped the situation from getting worse.

Also, it was the people that complained that first brought up the prospect of Derpy being mentally challenged, not us. They wanted to censor a character that they felt was offensive to handicapped people, when said character was thought by them to be handicapped herself. That is the very definition of an escher drawing.

Edited by SBaby

I always find it amusing how brony haters feel the need to type long walls of text in order to hide the simplicity of their hatred. They claim all bronies have the same mindset and yet they all dislike bronies for the same reasons, which though some may be true, they don't apply to ALL bronies. Seriously, generalizing a group of individuals is never a good tendency. I know tons of bronies IRL who don't even know what Princess Molestia is. Heck, they probably haven't seen half the shit that's out there either. Bronies are generally nice people and a nice community. To hate on ALL of us because of the few (for lack of a better word) stupid ones is, well, stupid. The show isn't any worse because a good chunk of the community is bad. The only reason I'm still a brony is because I love the show and share a common interest with lots of other people. That doesn't mean I necessarily have to like all those other people. We're not a frickin' cult for crying out loud. You either like the show or you don't. To classify yourself as an anti-anything is just childish. I hate Twilight fans, but you don't see me going to Twilight forums critizing them. If you don't like something just avoid it.

Sorry if it seems I was rambling.

Edited by Bobado

good points and we all have a different perspective

If Ditzy Do was to be destroyed she would have been edited out of all the other episodes she was in rather then return to the BG pony statues were she belongs.

as for 'the myth'. while I agree that Hasbro may have ordered it to be changed, I don't thing the MLP team didn't want to they now knew that Derp meant stupid or maybe they wanted to save their own asses from brony backlash.

and when I sent an email to them i never considered or mentioned that derpy was an attack on the mentally challenged, only that the use of the word 'Derpy' was Ill put along with RD's attitude, and if that was to stay on air it would like result in allot of children who have lazy eyes being teased and called derpy (still slang for stupid).

also Derpy technically just has Lazy eyes, I have lazy eyes they aren't classed as a disability and I was never considered handicapped, so i never though derpy was either, I just though she was a bit Ditzy.

now i don't know if anyone else who complained may have brought it up. But the moment the changes were made, Bronies jumped to the same conclusion before any evidence was displayed, I'll admit that both side did damage to the character, but who still thinks of Stupid Derpy withing the fanon?

Iv'e never stated that I hate all bronies

this whole thread was mainly about my dislike to the fact that many Bronies try to make themselves feel superior by making others Inferior, using words like 'true brony' and marking any opinion that isn't the same as that of a 'Fake Bronie' or a Hater/ Anti Brony.

now saying that its only a small part of the community may be true does that mean we should just ignore it and allow it to continue hell iv'e seen this behavior get encouraged.

(and now iv'e just lost a bet that I would not come back to this thread)

now saying that its only a small part of the community may be true does that mean we should just ignore it and allow it to continue hell iv'e seen this behavior get encouraged.

You can't change anybody. Only they can decide if they want to change or not. If there's bronies with sick minds out there then there's bronies with sick minds. Just because they're using ponies as an instrument to display their wrongfullness doesn't make it our responbility/fault.

(edited)

You can't change anybody. Only they can decide if they want to change or not. If there's bronies with sick minds out there then there's bronies with sick minds. Just because they're using ponies as an instrument to display their wrongfullness doesn't make it our responbility/fault.

true but it doesn't mean we shouldn't call that shit out, and tell them to quit being cunts.

i'm not the kind of person to sit there and let it happen, its like siting back and watching some one getting bulled or mugged and you not doing anything because its not your responsability or fault if something bad happens..... fuck that.

Edited by PonyEcho

Well, I don't really get how Derpy can be offensive in any way possible and thus cannot relate to the people who thought she was indeed offensive. I just don't see the use in changing that little scene and the scene was only changed on itunes, so was there really any point in trying?

However, with the rest you said, I agree. I'm not really drifting away from the fandom myself, but I do get annoyed by this fandom's quirks sometimes. The "Either you like the show or don't have an opinion at all"-mentality really bugs me.

I really hate, hate, hate dislike people who use "love and tolerance" as a shield, they can all be happy in their own little world but if someone says anything they don't like, they'll literally harrass this dude and use "love and tolerance" to justify their actions.

I call this the herd mentality (haha, the herd, get it? Yeah I suck at jokes) we just act so collectively that we lose our individuality, look, it's all nice and cool that we're all equal, but not at the loss of our individuality, something the show taught us in the first place or at least tried to. People like and dislike different things, it's the truth. But that doesn't mean we have to attack eachother, as long as it's in a polite way, it doesn't need to turn into hate. Constructive criticism and argumentation are two really important segments of debating, and debating/discussing is magic. So yeah, I don't get why people feel better of the other, I'm a brony and I'm proud of our fandom, but it doesn't mean I feel better over anyone. Been a brony for long time but I don't feel any better over the ones who just joined, in fact, I love to show them more about ponies, talk to them, feel nostalgic about when I just became a brony.

Yeah, this fandom is kinda strange, it has a lot of different flaws yet it still stands strong. I don't really socialize with those elitists, it's just too much of a hassle, keep contact to a minimum. Keep in touch with the parts you like in the fandom and try to avoid the things you don't like, that's how I've been doing this for almost 2 years.