Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming What is the hardest game you have played?

~Sugar Sprinkles~

The impossible quiz..........IT TOOK ME A MONTH TO COMPLETE THAT GAME.

And no i didnt use the internet to cheat *troll face*

X-COM UFO defense is another hard game i played not only do you have check your finaces but you have to battle really strategically so you have mor money for more weapons and other crap like that.

I would have to say Battletoads for the NES, this game is so brutal it should be illegal, you scroll though every level at lightning speed and just about everything including kitchen sink is flying at you one wrong move and you are a dead.

Taking the principle that the game was playable and not just difficult because the developer screw it up

Nes Snes era :Adventure island, Ninja Gaiden, Double Dragon III, Battletoads, SNES Spawn, Super Ghost and Gouls (f'ng princes ring)

Post 32 bits era: Omega Boost, Ikaruga, Radiant Silvergun, and the european hard on MGS3.

Edited by Colt

oooo, tough to say there. To be honest with you I have beaten EVERY (I play too many video games) video game that have ever played (and on the hardest difficulty).

But the question is which game was the hardest for me. ehhhhh, I'd have to say I wanna be the guy. That game was fun, had so many old game references and caused me to break my keyboard in a pure fit of rage. :lol: (I have got to learn how to love and tolerate better)

Well, if I had to choose any game it would be the impossible game, because not only is this game crazy difficult, but every time you die in the game you have to start over from the beginning. It caused me to shout "What the BUCK man" over and over again.

The most stressful game I've ever beaten on the hardest difficulty was Dead Space 2. It's called "Hardcore Mode". You play on Zealot difficulty, get no checkpoints, and are only allowed three saves over the course of the entire game.

I failed the eye poke machine 3 times, got assimilated by Nicole/Pack 4 times, and got splattered on the final Zero-G sequence with the beginning of chapter 12 as my final checkpoint. Good times.

Edited by Pale Blue Bot

Posted Image

Lost Planet: Extreme Condition.

I was told by one of my "Friends" that this was a good game, and was kind of like Monster Hunter. (He was wrong)

It is hard as a dog turd that was left sitting on my lawn because I didn't feel like picking it up for a couple of weeks.

It is one of the few games that I couldn't beat. I think I made it to the 8th boss, and it kept destroying all of my VS suits, and it kicked my butt. The game itself is hard too, I kept running out of thermal energy and then dying because I didn't have any thermal energy. Edited by Urdnot Shepard

Well, if I had to choose any game it would be the impossible game, because not only is this game crazy difficult, but every time you die in the game you have to start over from the beginning. It caused me to shout "What the BUCK man" over and over again.

I don't get why everyone likes this game so much. I find it to be more tedious than hard, and it gets old quick. Correct me if I'm wrong but the only things I've seen are spikes and platforms that kill you

The hardest game that I've played? Probably the flash game N. I just got frustrated after a couple dozen levels.

The hardest game that I've beaten was the "HARD ROCK!" mode of Elite Beat Agents. I've always been good at rhythm games, but that was simply madness.

I don't get why everyone likes this game so much. I find it to be more tedious than hard, and it gets old quick. Correct me if I'm wrong but the only things I've seen are spikes and platforms that kill you

Playing that game is exactly like learning a song on an instrument. There's "Practice Mode", where you can try the hard parts over and over, but the goal is to incorporate what you learn from that into a performance of the song as a whole, from beginning to end, with no breaks or mistakes.

Actually, now that I think about it, The Impossible Game is, essentially, an instrument, since you can't hear the entire soundtrack until you can "play" the song all the way through. Holy crap, that was a lot of commas.

Edited by Pony Joe

Personally, I had the most difficult time with Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker. I could never get past that island fortress because I was around 10 or so when I played it.

Just a few months ago, I picked it up again and got past the first segment (when you get the boat guy thingamajig) in something like 2 hours or so. "I was such an idiot child."

Kaizo Mario World. I played it as a challenge for myself, and a challenge it was indeed. I can manage to play through the first 3 levels without save states with "so long and thanks for all the fish" playing in the background, but it starts getting too crazy in the fourth level and onward with a no savestate run.

Edited by Celtore

THE HARDEST GAME IS SUPER MARIO BROS 2

The Hardest Game? Well...Thousand Year Door.

I can't tell you how long i've grinded, practiced that dang koopa shell, get the bomb timing perfect, scoruing for star shrines, etc.

AND THAT FREAKING PIT OF 100 TRAILS.

I haven't beat it to this day. That final boss actually uses strategy. You need to get perfects on everything or else she kills you.

The Thousand Year Door is one if my favorote games of all time. It ain't that tough...

The Pit is fine if you bring Admiral Bombery with you and the Shadow Queen is made to be easily countered and score perfect on. The only real challenge I had was finding my way through the damned maze at the end of the game.

I could go on fpr AGES about this game but I'll leave it at that.

The Thousand Year Door is one if my favorote games of all time.

Are you serious?!?!?!?!

Dude that's one of my favorite games ever!!!!! I didnt know you liked that game too :0

I actually just finally beat it recently after my like 6th time playing it all the way through. I could never beat the stupid boss at the very end but i think it's because I never really powered up my partners. I didnt realize before that it was so important i guess

• Brohoof 1

Are you serious?!?!?!?!

Dude that's one of my favorite games ever!!!!! I didnt know you liked that game too :0

I actually just finally beat it recently after my like 6th time playing it all the way through. I could never beat the stupid boss at the very end but i think it's because I never really powered up my partners. I didnt realize before that it was so important i guess

I've beaten it at LEAST a dozen times. Each time I try to use different partners and attacks. One part that was pretty challenging was the Glitz Pit. WWE in a Mario game is tougher than you'd imagine xD
  • Brohoof 1

There are lots of simple yet really hard games, so i will ignore those and pick one i actually like.

NetHack. I doubt i will ever beat it. Maybe if i dedicated myself to keep trying more often and figure it out even more.. But i don't see it happening.

Minecraft.

And yeah the game is so easy when your playing it normally. Try doing certain things in it. Try not dying once. Try playing certain God damn adventure maps! TRY PLAYING VINYL FANTASY II !!!

Sometimes that game can be the most frustrating thing ever, lol. But most of the time it aint.

Meh, if it's about not dying once, Terraria is far more difficult (Don't get me wrong, Minecraft can be difficult with custom maps, as you mentioned. I recommend Super Hostile series). I played Minecraft on hardcore and found the end portal in 2 hours (after going to nether and getting blaze rods), but i quit once 2 more hours had passed and i only managed to kill 4 endermen (had to find 8 more for portal frames, no thanks). That doesn't count as hard, just bad luck. Endermen refused to spawn and i got bored.

I would try again if the new versions didn't have a lag problem in nether.

Minesweeper. Hardest. Game. Ever.

I think each Windows-user knows this game...

Remember when I played it on Windows 95-98... mmm, unforgettable ^^

Posted Image

Actually, now I don't even remember how to play it xP

Crusader Kings 2 playing as the Byzantine Empire was fiendishly difficult and drove me absolutely to distraction. All those damn relatives, wannabe relatives and ambitious usurpers trying to knock out my imperial power, generation after generation. Then the Muslims get in on the act! Gave up in the end...

I can't say there's a game i would consider to be excessively hard compared to other games i've played, so i'll go ahead and say Pit of 100 Trials in Paper Mario: TTYD.

Not only do you have to fight through 100 battles without resting/refilling, you also have to fight a boss which has around 33% more health, more defense than the final boss, however it has weaker attack power. He's not necessarily harder than the shadow queen but as items, FP and HP are more likely to be depleted by the time you reach him, it's as whole a harder encounter.

Unless you're max level, filled your bag with items and powerful badges, you will most likely fail before reaching floor 80+.

When I was little it was simply impossible to finish the last level of Lego Island 2 hahaha :lol:

Those jumps were so hard... I kept falling down... (The objective was to scale a large tower rigged with all kinds of surprises like moving stairs etc.) Ultimately I did complete it however, after trying about 60 times spanned over a few days.

Also, Super Meat Boy... :angry:

i second Super Meat Boy, that game is brutally difficult, as are most of the later tracks in the two Trials games. i cant remember the last time i bought a game that was brutally hard... Gears of War is a good challenge with the difficulty maxed out.