NavelColt

96 users have voted

1. 1. Did you like it?

• No, I hated it! >:(
    • I didn't like it.
    • Meh. It was ok.
    • I liked it!
    • I LOVED IT! <3

I love how Pinkie Pie tastes some liquid rainbow and freaks out about how spicy it is; it's so weird how 'natural' Equestrian rainbows are all liquid (e.g. in Rainbow Falls and Heart's and Hooves Day), while the Sonic Rainboom and the EoH rainbow are made of pure energy.

Earth rainbows are so boring in comparison. :eww:

• Brohoof 2

• 1 month later...

Absolutely adore this one. Finally more develompent to dash's character other than being a careless speedy pegasus, and holy fuck did they get it absolutely right, the whole sonic boom moment was absolutely fantastic.

• 4 weeks later...

Probably one of my favorite rainbow dash episodes because it actually showed that even the hot head could get nervous. :D :D :D. :( 87)

Absolutely adore this one. Finally more develompent to dash's character other than being a careless speedy pegasus, and holy fuck did they get it absolutely right, the whole sonic boom moment was absolutely fantastic.

bro your picture. Is the deal wit dat.

• 2 weeks later...

This episode has GOT to be my favorite out of all the ones so far, Rainbow Dash is my favorite pony and having an episode for her was just amazing, and I have to agree with that one person, I wont quote it but yeah Rarity was kinda annoying in this episode.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I really liked this episode. It really developed Rainbow Dash's character and that was important because I feel like we didn't see enough of her. Also, as you can see, my favourite Mane 6 (pun intended) is Rainbow Dash.

Edited by HeyIt'sGeorge
  • Brohoof 2

• 3 weeks later...

I liked this episode thanks to rarity. i laughed a lot when she gets full drag queen on stage xDDD

also when everypony is adoring her and she enjoys it lmao QUEEN :pout:

the sonic rainbow moment was so cool. 

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Erm someone answer me this:
In this episode we see those pegasi bullies taunting Rainbow before the competition that a Sonic Rainboom is just a myth, and that no one's ever done it before - but I swear that in the Cutie Mark Chronicles we see that Rainbow performed the stunt in front of everyone during a race against these exact bullies!    What, did they just forget that that happened all those years ago?

On 6/4/2017 at 5:57 PM, Perricone17 said:

Erm someone answer me this:
In this episode we see those pegasi bullies taunting Rainbow before the competition that a Sonic Rainboom is just a myth, and that no one's ever done it before - but I swear that in the Cutie Mark Chronicles we see that Rainbow performed the stunt in front of everyone during a race against these exact bullies!    What, did they just forget that that happened all those years ago?

In-universe, they forgot and might even have terrible memories for forgetting something like a Sonic Rainboom. Out-of-universe, the writers either forgot about those bullies or retconned the event.

• Brohoof 1

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

I liked this Episode, Fluttershy was very funny in this one and also this is one of the first Episodes in which Twilight seems to get better and stronger with magic, since she just took everyone of the main 6 under a spell. Even though i found it a tiny bit sad, that they dont show what Rainbow was up to with the Wonderbolts at the end. Was she interviewed maybe? Or just invited to hang out with them? Or did they just had no other idea how to end the Episode? XD

• 4 weeks later...

Most of this delights me. Rainbow's character arc is so exquisitely paced, and the climactic moments here are truly satisfying. But Rarity's insensitivity does still get in the way here, as it often does in her early supporting roles. All of the scenes involving her are irritating, and her selfishness is especially frustrating after the early scenes where she seems particularly intent on supporting her friend. But everything involving Rainbow Dash herself is so good, so relatable and satisfying and even thrilling, that I can easily see why this episode is so highly regarded, and it'd probably be one of my favourites ever were the stuff with Rarity handled a little better. Here we get the first signs of that nuance I really like in Rainbow, and we also see one of the earlier examples of characters other than Twilight learning a friendship lesson, and those both make this episode particularly interesting in a broader context.

Score

Entertainment: 7/10

Characters: 7/10

Themes: 9/10

Story: 8/10

Overall: 78/100

• Brohoof 1

• 1 month later...

awwww, fluttershy's yay was so cute in the beginning! cloudsdale is so pretty. the sonic rainboom was super cool, but fluttershy cheering like a proud mom destroyed me LOL

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Great episode, but Rarity should have been toned down a bit. Everyone loving the butterfly wings seemed strange. They seemed to be admiring her for something that was obviously fake. (I suppose it’s not any different from admiring a dress or tattoo in real life though.) I admit though, I’m not sure how to tone her down and get the same result. Maybe if she starts flying during Rainbow’s performance for a better view. 

Ack! Rarity uglified in the end. I hate lipstick as it is, and on a pony, it’s just wrong! Uck!

Love Fluttershy’s little “yay,” and that she was one of the biggest cheerers in the end of the episode. See, Rainbow? She could do it.

:pinkie::icwudt::kindness::eww::dash::orly:^_^

A rainbow of smilies to celebrate the sonic rain boom.

• 2 months later...
(edited)

This episode is very mixed. On the one hand, I really like how Rainbow Dash's story was handled and seeing her perform the rainboom at the end was great. On the other hand, Rarity war really annoying getting so caught up in her wings that she joined the competition. I do think that there is more good than bad here, but the bad is really annoying to me.

Score: -5/10

Edited by bigbertha

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

It was Awesome!The start surely was awkward because Fluttershy can't cheer yay loudly,but we can see that Raindow Dash win but my question Still exists,How does Rainboww Dash Spends Her time with the wonderbolts?

On 1/3/2018 at 9:43 PM, Nanotek said:

I liked this Episode, Fluttershy was very funny in this one and also this is one of the first Episodes in which Twilight seems to get better and stronger with magic, since she just took everyone of the main 6 under a spell. Even though i found it a tiny bit sad, that they dont show what Rainbow was up to with the Wonderbolts at the end. Was she interviewed maybe? Or just invited to hang out with them? Or did they just had no other idea how to end the Episode? XD

• 1 month later...

Rarity doesn't bother me anymore. What she does really isn't that out of character and she does apologize at the end. Rarity was the only thing keeping me from loving this episode, so now that I don't find her a problem, this really is the best episode so far. It has a perfect balance of comedy, story, great characters, and even world building. This is the first time we see Cloudsdale and it's interesting to see. 

Score: 10/10

Edited by bigbertha
  • Brohoof 1

• 1 month later...

Sonic Rainboom is my favorite episode in the whole series.

I've already talked about it elsewhere on these forums, here, and posted a YouTube video of me gushing over how much I love it here.

Basically, I love many aspects of it, mainly Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy, and it just makes me so happy for Rainbow Dash, a joy the series has yet to repeat, and I doubt that can ever be outdone.

• Brohoof 1

• 2 months later...

A really entertaining episode with a lot character development for dash. We learned a lot about her here,like that she can do the sonic rainboom, we got to learn more about her past and relationship with fluttershy(their interaction here are really cute). Raritys behavior may have been slightly exaggerated however still un character. The whole plot was nice and executed well, 9/10. Rarity knocking down the wonderbolts was my least favorite part here, they could've done something more creative, it just felt really stupid.  

• Brohoof 1

• 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...