Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

McDonald's new MLP Burger!

Jokuc

There was an advertisement sign in town that said something about a competition where over 15,000 burgers had attended, and then some of them (I think it was about 15) where chosen to compete. So they were sent to show their burgers for a jury who ate them and dicided the 5 best.

Now here's the thing. One of the people who attended were a brony called Fredrik Boström. His burger is a chicken burger containing breaded chicken (obviously), cheddar cheese, lettuce, roasted onion, tomato and cheese sauce.

And it's name? McScootaloo. It actually won and got to be one of the 5 burgers to get in McDonald's for real. Though they said he weren't allowed to use the name, so he changed the name to McHarmony instead :( . The burger will be avaible in Sweden 27th November.

The person who made the burger posted a short little text about this on his Deviantart a while ago:

http://fredrikbostro...rmony-305841537

Here is a picture of the burger:

Posted Image

And here is a video McDonald's Sweden put up about it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Tixdm1TSn0

And here is a translation I made of the video:

- My Name is Fredrik Boström and this is my burger, "McHarmony".

I am from Östersund and I'm 18 years old.

My friends thinks I am happy, laughs and jokes around a little bit too much maybe...

When I made my entry to the competition I thought, I'm gonna put together some stuff I think people like.

And make sure it's not too hard to make and not takes a long time to make so it.

- So what is your tactic?

- Well I'm gonna try impress on the jury, try to make it as good as possible.

- And.. Uhm, what will make them impressed about your McHarmony?

- Well it is very easy to make and I think it has a good taste to it, too.

What will happen depends on a mixture of the presentation and the taste of the burger.

I haven't really prepared anything though, haha. I will try to improvise to get something said.

But yeah, I think the combination of the short time to make it and what's in it and everything.. And it tastes pretty good too, I think it fits for McDonald's.

I hope they'll like it too.

So, here is my "McHarmony" and um, it is a chicken burger with cheddar cheese, lettuce, roasted onion, tomato and cheese sause.

- I like it. I mean, there's nothing in it to not like.

The crispiness, the tomato, the taste... um, the tomato, the creaminess and...

Both the cheese and umm.. Was that mayo?

- No... Cheese sauce.

- The 4rth burger in the "MyBurger" competition tried chicken and created harmony between it's ingredients.

- YEEEEEEEES!!! So damn awesome!

Umm.. I don't know what to say, haha.

- Yeah, but you have something to say right?

How does it feel?

- It feels good, hehe. Totally wonderful.

Oh btw. Yeah I sent this to EqD.

Edited by Jokuc
  • Brohoof 6

Awwww. :( They didn't name it Scootaloo afterall. That's sad. On the other hoof, not sure if I approove. If it were up to me, I'd ban chicken being killed. And I would make them holy animal or something. :wub:

sounds awesome and delicious

and now i can stop thinking of two thing

1. i want a Mcscootaloo (scootaloo between two bun with , cheddar cheese, lettuce, tomato and cheese sauce.) or at least a picture of it

2. What if Discord ate the McHarmony? would it turn him to stone.

Edited by PonyEcho
  • Brohoof 2

Why do we have a poorly shopped picture of a burger instead of the real thing? If I wanna see a picture of a burger that supposedly won a contest via having a judge EAT it, surely somebody's smart enough to take a picture of the before it was eaten. I'm starting the doubt the contest was real =/

Why do we have a poorly shopped picture of a burger instead of the real thing? If I wanna see a picture of a burger that supposedly won a contest via having a judge EAT it, surely somebody's smart enough to take a picture of the before it was eaten. I'm starting the doubt the contest was real =/

lol are you kidding me?

First I posted a video of the whole thing. And second, as I said in the post the burger isn't even in McDonald's yet!

lol are you kidding me?

First I posted a video of the whole thing. And second, as I said in the post the burger isn't even in McDonald's yet!

Even then, the shopped picture really threw me off. It looks... fake. It's kinda hard to believe that a burger is real if the one picture you have to show me doesn't look real to begin with. You know?

Even then, the shopped picture really threw me off. It looks... fake. It's kinda hard to believe that a burger is real if the one picture you have to show me doesn't look real to begin with. You know?

lol the picture is taken from their website. And no I don't think it looks fake at all.

Go press the next button 3 times and the burger will appear if you still don't believe me.

http://www.mcdonalds.se/se/pa_mcdonald_s/myburger-landningssida.html

..Some ponies :P

• Brohoof 1

I remember voting for this. Glad to see some form of it came to pass, even if it doesn't hit the states.

Wonder how long it'll take EqD to pick up on the news.

• Brohoof 2

lol the picture is taken from their website. And no I don't think it looks fake at all.

Go press the next button 3 times and the burger will appear if you still don't believe me.

http://www.mcdonalds...dningssida.html

..Some ponies :P

post-4376-0-65178200-1351100502_thumb.png

The antialiasing pixels mentioned here suggests the sauce was drawn on a darker background, pasted on to the image.

I hope we all agree that sauce is made of matter - it as mass, and therefore has weight. See the middle glob of sauce? Why is it floating there instead of sinking into that little pit right underneath it?

Then you have to look at how the center glob of stuff shows has a highlight on the left like there's a strong light source in that direction, yet if you look at the sesame seed , it's casting a large shadow suggesting one from the opposite direction.

Then as for the pillow shading thing, that was just something that seemed pretty off. Not sure if pillow shading is the right word to use, but the burger looks darkened around the edges of the glob. This is probably from the globs being pasted on to the burger with the darkened transparent pixels around them.

There's probably more I can mention, but at this point, I think I've gotten my point across. It's not convincingly shopped.

Edited by Pix3M

post-4376-0-65178200-1351100502_thumb.png

The antialiasing pixels mentioned here suggests the sauce was drawn on a darker background, pasted on to the image.

I hope we all agree that sauce is made of matter - it as mass, and therefore has weight. See the middle glob of sauce? Why is it floating there instead of sinking into that little pit right underneath it?

Then you have to look at how the center glob of stuff shows has a highlight on the left like there's a strong light source in that direction, yet if you look at the sesame seed , it's casting a large shadow suggesting one from the opposite direction.

Then as for the pillow shading thing, that was just something that seemed pretty off. Not sure if pillow shading is the right word to use, but the burger looks darkened around the edges of the glob. This is probably from the globs being pasted on to the burger with the darkened transparent pixels around them.

There's probably more I can mention, but at this point, I think I've gotten my point across. It's not convincingly shopped.

okay but it doesnt matter if the image is real or not, it's just the image they use to display the look of the burger on their website
  • Brohoof 2

okay but it doesnt matter if the image is real or not, it's just the image they use to display the look of the burger on their website

Exactly! The burger looks fake. It just doesn't make the right impression to me as I basically went "oh, this burger isn't real." Pssh. >_<

That is sweet! I knew it was only a matter of time before something came to McDonalds I can't believe it's only in Sweden though... I want mah McHarmony.

Edited by Sir Dusty Soul

If only they could have used McScootaloo, or McBronies, like he said in his DA page.

Anyways, this is an accomplishment I suppose, for getting the fandom into a more mainstream environment. Wether that is something that we need, I don't know, but either way, it is still an achievement for the fandom as a whole.

Unfortunately Big Mac was already being used :)

I would suggest a Cutie Mark Crusader Cheeseburger, which comes with a different (washable) cutie mark tattoo in every box.

Edited by PonyHag1
  • Brohoof 1

Jag önskar att jag kunde köpa dem i Amerika.

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm mcharmony. We need this in Canada we never get any good stuff over here. I have an idea MLP brand Chicken McNuggets. Shaped like Spikes favorite gemstone.

Do you have frappés yet? Last time I was up there (two years ago) they weren't available. Didn't matter much to me as I prefer Tim Horton's, but it was kind of astonishing that something so big here in the States wouldn't have any presence in Canada.

Maybe we're much bigger coffee junkies than you are. I hadn't considered that. Americans love their coffee and coffee derivatives.

Edited by Artemis

McHarmony? It's still a pretty good name.

I think they wanted to avoid McScootaloo becaue of copyrights. As for McBrony, well... I see Bronies get offended because Hot Topic only had XL in stock for their Brony t-shirts. I could see somepony getting offended by that. Granted, me, and most other Bronies wouldn't care. However there is a phrase that goes, "There's always one."

I'm trying to vote on it, but my translator is derping.

Edited by Urdnot Shepard