Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Dumbest thing you've done/seen?

Courageous Thunder Dash

For me, I locked myself in the trunk of my mom's old sedan. There was a booster seat in the backseat area. If the boosterseat is down, this reveals a small door, which when open, one has access to the trunk. I tried going to the backseat from the trunk, but the door was locked tight and I couldn't get through! I stayed in total darkness for about 5 minutes. I don't know what I was thinking that day!

I've seen some pretty stupid things, but the stupidest thing I've seen, was when these bikers were stunting on the highway going about 70mph, popping wheelies. I swear I thought one guy was gonna fall.

What was the dumbest thing you've done/seen?

I once got locked inside my bathroom for about 6 hours because the door knob was screwed. I had to wait for my mom to come back from work and open it from the outside.

6 hours.

And I didn't even have my DS.

Edited by DeiStar
  • Brohoof 1

I once got locked inside my bathroom for about 6 hours because the door knob was screwed. I had to wait for my mom to come back from work and open it from the outside.

6 hours.

Dang! Was it that the piece that keeps the door locked when the knob is not twisted would not move? I know it must have worked fine when you opened.

Dang! Was it that the piece that keeps the door locked when the knob is not twisted would not move? I know it must have worked fine when you opened.

It was the thing that keeps the door locked. The knob would spin, but the thing wouldn't budge. Same thing happened with my bedroom door, so I just used tape to keep the thing inside.

We got new door knobs like a couple of years ago, so it's all good, now.

Edited by DeiStar

6 hours.

Should've kicked the door down.

Either that or go insane. The insane can accomplish much. Just look at B-*Is shot*

Dumbest thing I've done...Can't really remember. But I did go through a stupid and recorded myself jump off my roof.

6 hours.

I had a similar predicament when I was 6. Our house is old, and the locks and door knobs and stuff sometimes don't work (well, used to. The doors we didn't close got removed (due to an incident of my sister smashing her head into one), and the ones we did got new locks because of this fair incident). I locked the door as I went to the bathroom (my parents love to traumatized me and had pranked me on several occasions and I was sick of it), and the lock got stuck. I was in there for a good hour before my dad busted down the door.

Thinking back on it now, I wish I would've listened to my parents when they told me the lock was screwed up. But then again, we got a new lock on it now, so maybe it was for the best?

I've seen some pretty stupid things, but the stupidest thing I've seen, was when these bikers were stunting on the highway going about 70mph, popping wheelies. I swear I thought one guy was gonna fall.

That's one of the dumbest things I've done actually. Back when I rode with several clubs. Skitching off the side of my bike and standing on it should be added as well as going over 130 on a mountain road.

A thing that set me on edge during my childhood was elevators. I was always freaked out that I would get trapped within the metal doors.

Of course, the chances of that are miniscule, and my parents would always reassure me that there was no danger.

As fate would have it, I was at my dad's workplace for some kind of staff potluck (at a nuclear reactor that was decommissioned some time ago), and I was just hanging out with the other 8 year olds that were there with me. I wanted to get a view from the next floor up, so with my parent's permission, I got into the elevator and hit the "2" button.

The other kiddo's decided to join me, and suddenly, BLINKING BUTTONS! Before I could stop them, the must have smacked every single blinking light on that panel - and sure enough, the elevator stopped mid-transit.

Luckily the maintenance crew was there at the facility, and they managed to get us down within ten minutes, but trust me - ten minutes with a bunch of 8 year olds just as scared as you are is no fun. (Especially not fun for them, since I was able to say I TOLD YOU NOT TO PRESS THOSE BUTTONS!!!)

Yeah, I know, they were young kids, so it was less "stupidity" than it was "inexperience". But there you have it.

Edited by CloudFyre

The stupidest thing has to be the time I broke my pinky toe. Had to wear slippers around college for a week.

So basically, the phone rings and I am expecting a somewhat important call. I run barefoot through the room only to slam my toe against the sofa. It was quite painful for a few minutes and dislocated, but I think I let loose more vulgarities than the actual accident once I realized it was a telemarketer that had called.

It could have been worse, but that's still, no doubt, the stupidest thing ive ever done. Well... besides the whole "tongue meet's pole in Canadian winter" incident, but I don't think it counts since I was but an innocent first grader then.

Edited by Celtore
  • Brohoof 1

...but I think I let loose more vulgarities than the actual accident once I realized it was a telemarketer that had called.

I laughed so hard at that XD

This is especially relevant now during the voting season, as I'm getting all sorts of automated phone calls here at home saying "Before you vote, make sure to research/look at/blame _____________!"

Let me work in peace! :P

I do believe that I remember someone saying that Fluttershy wasn't best pony once.

What even? I mean, how much dumber can you get?

HAHAHA! That + your avatar just made my day!

Edited by CloudFyre

I won't tell you the dumbest thing I've done, but I will give you some sagely advice. When examining electronic devices to understand how the function, unplug them first.

I've seen some dumb things, but that is pretty hard to top.

Seen... Freshmen... There so small and so annoying... And they all think there "lake a boss"

Done: idk if this was done... But I was part of a school raid... We broke every window... Every computer... And a lot of other things... It was dumb... But fun!

Let's see.... I threw rocks (well, actually thy were pebbles) at cars, I wandered into the woods and was knocked unconscious soon after by something, rode a tricycle off a ramp thinking I was going to do some spectacular stunt, but ended up face-planting and being knocked unconscious, all before I was even 8 years old.

I also used a milk crate as a sled. It was the only thing available at the time, but it was pretty fun.

Surprisingly, I'm still somewhat sane.

Edited by Kapi

Stupidest thing ive done YET is paddle a canoe and try to pillage some nearby paddleboats.

I failed to notice they were armed with girls on their periods.

They flipped out at me before flipping me AND my canoe over.

Oh and i also bought MW3.........BIIIIIIIIIIIIIG MISTAKE !!!!!!

• Brohoof 1

Once (sadly only about 2 years ago) while I was taking a shower, I intentionally tasted "Warm Vanilla Sugar" body wash. It was not a well thought out idea. You'd think that something that smells so good would at least not make you choke and gag if you squirt some into your mouth!

When I was very little, my brother once dared me to pull the pin and shoot a fire extinguisher. I think it shocked the hell out of him when I did! I cried when I got foam all over my pants, and my brother got in HUGE trouble for putting me up to it! (This took place in a department store!)

On my very first day in my very first job, the very first thing I did was to smash the coffee pot in the break room! I was so scared I'd get fired that I ended up crying, but the boss was really nice and told me not to worry about it and she cleaned up all the coffee! Luckily there was only about a cup's worth when i dropped it!

Dumbest thing I've ever done? Well, there's a lot of them:

- Taking the "Cinnamon Challenge" because I was dared to

- Attempted to play Dark Souls on hard mode because I was dared to

- Ate a ghost pepper because I was dared to

- Ran a mini-marathon because I was dared to

- Touched an electrical fence because I was dared to

- Ate at Denny's because I was dared to

Wow, I just realized something. My friends SUCK!

Edited by Urdnot Shepard

Well... Sometimes... I coincidently leave the cap OFF the toothpaste bottle.

Posted Image

For serious though my friend Surya and I used to do all kinds of stupid stuff. Like plastering tin foil over the screen of an active television and then poking it with a fork. Also snowboarding off of buildings. Also one time we were having close ranged paint ball wars and I still have the bruises to prove it.

Probably the stupidest thing we did was cover our arms in Axe body spray and then light them on fire and see who can last the longest. Tremendous fun can be had from Axe and a lighter. One time we both sprayed our hands with Axe and I lit mine and we high fived and I passed the fire to him.

Edited by Lightning Fluttershy

Blazed as fast as I could down a really steep hill on my skateboard back in my skating days. I hit a pebble. Nearly broke my wrist. That's why I don't skate anymore.

• Brohoof 1

Dumbest thing I've done? My complete failure of chemistry understanding when I made a decent amount of chlorine gas dissolving metal in the back yard just as my dad pulls in the driveway. Luckily he didn't notice the unique burning properties the air had around that time.

Went backpacking during the fall five years back. Was lazy and brought a hammock with no sleeping bag. Our campsite was near the edge of a lake, so we would get a breeze. That night I camped in aforementioned hammock, I was cold, shivering at times. I had long johns and socks on too and it was still cold.

Summary: Don't camp in hammocks during colder seasons.

Coneing is one of the stupidest things I have ever seen. For people who don't know it, it is when someone buys a ice cream just to throw it back at them. What a waste of both money and ice cream.