Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Pinkies escapades, a bit much?

Silverwisp the Bard

55 users have voted

1. 1. What do you think of Pinkie's antics in "Too many Pinkies"?

• Loved it, want more, even crazier
    • It was okay, but it shouldn't get any crazier than this
    • Too crazy for me, take it down a peg

Well, I did enjoy the new episode a lot more than I expected (but then again MLP has a knack for taking done-to-death storylines and making them enjoyable), but I couldn't help but noticing the immense increase of Pinkies actions/abilities. Don't get me wrong, I laughed at the G1 face, but honestly, I prefer these things to be a bit more in the background (Like I really enjoyed Johnny Depp in PotC 1, because his antics weren't the main focus yet, whereas all the following movies just focused way to much on Jack Sparrow being goofy).

That being said, what do you guys think?

I approve.

But Pinkie Pie was just being her regular level (Give or take a little bit) of crazyness. The only reason it was like that in any way, shape , or form, was because Pinkie Pie cloned herself and the world can only take so much Pinkie Pie. Go figure.

• Brohoof 7

I think that was the point....Teaching the kiddies that too much of a good thing is a bad thing. I mean, everybody acts like they cant handle pinks, but when there is actually a horde of her that they absolutely want gone, thay are still ultra worried about their real Pinkie Pie, honestly at the deepest level of friendship that i think has been shown on the show. Too much of a good thing is a bad thing, but too little is a bad thing too.

• Brohoof 3

i think it has the right amount of crazyness and the dialog from pinkie is just so awesome but there are only two little thinks that i feel went too crazy and the the bit were clone pinkie 43 make a hand out of her hoof and the one who made the g3 face, i feel they weren't fun just weird its not like pinkie controlling gravity

• Brohoof 1

I think the G1 (or G-whatever) face is amazing. Completely unexpected and absolutely hilarious.

The fingers bit was creepy though.

Anyway, if this was any indication of how Pinkie's going to be this season, I'm afraid. She has her moments, but I dearly, dearly miss her more subtle days in season 1. She was silly and out there, but still sane. >.>

But most of the outrageousness in this episode was from the clones, who were more hyper and crazy than the real Pinkie, so I feel safe. Somewhat. For now...

Are you talking about the clones' actions? Keep in mind that they are flanderized one dimensional pinkie's with the insanity ramped up several notches. I dunno if I'd enjoy it if real Pinkie did more stuff like the fingers or whatever but I love it when she shows reality who's boss and I absolutely want more of that.

• Brohoof 2

I'm aware that most of it was the juiced-up one-dimensional clones, but I seem to remember some crazy things happening before the pool, or maybe just not from a clone.

But I plan on rewatching tonight to be sure...And because ever since I started following along before season 2, I enjoy new episodes more once I watch them again. lol

It's a point that well taken. I felt as if the actual Pinkie was amazing, she was even asking herself extensional questions... she had the feel from season 2 of a more serious nature buried beneath her, yet the other Pinkie's who weren't anywhere near the original in any form of actual character. I would have preferred the other Pinkie's to not have been so one dimensional, but there's not much I can do about it at this point. If this the view that they are going to take Pinkie this season. I'm in love. It has such a perfect mix of seriousness yet epic "Physics? What's that?"

(Oh... and there were so many shout out to the bronies in that episode... it just about blows the mind.

This one had a good level of Pinkie Pie craziness, but personally I'd prefer it if the fourth wall antics were kept to a minimum. The G3 face was hilarious, the fingers were creepy, but the part that bothered me was when Rainbow Dash noticed Pinkie slowing down when she dived into the water. It's funnier when the other ponies remain oblivious to stuff like that.

Im personally not a fan of Pinkie, but it was kind of nice seeing Pinkie as her usually self.. This episode was to reenforce the fact that Pinkie rarely, if ever, thinks ahead lol

I might have missed it, but I didnt see Rarity as often :/ maybe I wasn't paying attention close enough though

I honestly didn't care much for the episode. It didn't seem to fit the overall feel of what the show has been so far. Getting to see a different side to the real Pinkie was nice, but the episode bugged me overall.

I don't even care anymore. I don't pay attention to Pinkie because she's an annoying brat who can't take no for an answer and is clingy as hell. I watched the episode but didn't pay much attention to it.

• Brohoof 1

The episode was meant to be extreme because the entire point was having more Pinkies, and thusly an unstoppable force that nobody could handle. I doubt future episodes can exceed the element of insanity this episode had because there's most likely not going to be a storm of Pinkies again any time soon. I loved the episode and thought it fit just fine with the rest of the show we've seen thus far.

• Brohoof 2

It is my new favorite episode.

I loved everything with it and the crazier the better.

..So yeah, I think it was just good that the episode was crazy.

(Oh... and there were so many shout out to the bronies in that episode... it just about blows the mind.

Actually, this was part of my problem. Most of us got into the show because the creative team behind it were doing their thing, not because they tried to pander to us. There are many a series who turned bad by becoming too meta and/or trying too hard to please the fans. :( Edited by Silverwisp the Bard

It was definately a fun episode, but Pinkie (i know shes Pinkie, but still) seemed very reckless. It was preety obvious from the start what would happen...

And the end just seemed like a merciless bloodbath... I feel sorry for all the Pinkie clones... :(

I actually really liked Rainbow Dash in this episode. I enjoy the friendship between Rainbow Dash and Pinkie Pie, and we don't get to see a lot of it.

I also enjoyed seeing the juxtaposition between the real Pinkie and the clones. The clones were crazy, but Pinkie is actually 3-dimensional and regrets using a mystical pond to solve her friendship dilemmas.

• Brohoof 4

I thought that is was the best Pinkie Pie episode yet. The antics, the weird stuff, wow, it was awesome.

Though, I will say that I'm not usually as fond of pinkie Pie episodes. I like her better as a side character with a few funny gags every once and a while, like in Crystal Empire. However, even with this being full blown Pinkie absolutely everywhere, I really enjoyed it.

I have no idea how they're going to top this.

I thought that is was the best Pinkie Pie episode yet. The antics, the weird stuff, wow, it was awesome.

Though, I will say that I'm not usually as fond of pinkie Pie episodes. I like her better as a side character with a few funny gags every once and a while, like in Crystal Empire. However, even with this being full blown Pinkie absolutely everywhere, I really enjoyed it.

I have no idea how they're going to top this.

I'm on the other end. I love the Pinkie pie episodes where we see how she deals with problems, and we get a view into this existential side of her, which To many Pinkie Pies did excellently. She is an amazing slapstick character, but they could probably top this by combining the existential side with her slapstick.

I loved the episode. It was so random and pinkie had so many amazing moments, plus the whole FUN FUN FUN thing I found hilarious! (It reminds me of the Meep thing in spongebob :P)

I've loved all of S3 personally. Pinkie broke plenty of reality, and has had plenty of humor, and the show still keeps me wanting more! Which means in short I loved the episode, and I totally want more of the show.

I know not everyone was super happy about all the episodes in S3, but I was. Then again maybe I'm just easily amused :P. Regardless I love the episode just like the rest of the show, it actually seems to be getting better, Definitely one of my favorite pinkie episodes.(If not my favorite.)

• Brohoof 1